tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
B.B.Baghor
RedEzra
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
8 posters

"Love wins only when it defeats evil."

Brook
    Brook

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 Empty Re: "Love wins only when it defeats evil."

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 am

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 2vi60es

This is a picture I took this weekend in Washington DC while visiting with my youngest son.  This is the corner of the

These are False doors.

It's a tomb.

Where you bury the dead.

Dead ideals and records leading to deeds unimaginable.

Sitting next door is the Department of Justice. 

Decked with the Scales of Justice or balance

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 732px-Weighing_of_the_heart3e27fbead54f0495d8363fdf99afebbb9

These ideals of "choosing" a God are a bit redundant no?

Often time there is no choice or road for Justice among the dead and dying.

I can attest to that.  I can say I've witnessed and been part of that to the ultimate degree.

Sometimes you don't have a choice as to how things unfold.

Period.

WHAT THEN?

At the Smithsonian Institute of Natural History literally across the street:

Right next to the live butterfly exhibit, where you can watch all kinds of butterfly's hatch from their cocoon sits:

The Egyptian Mummy exhibit where they explain the Afterlife so adored by the Egyptians.  

You can choose a God wisely or unwisely but it does not make a whole lot of difference when you turn to dust and evolve into the afterlife.

Where you go from there is the choice you probably should be concerned with eh?

The rest seems like "archived" data to be processed and possibly judged for it's wisdom no?

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 10178117_692644350795335_1668252457506448133_n

Brook
    I dig the sunglasses the most!

magamud
    magamud

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 Empty Re: "Love wins only when it defeats evil."

Post  magamud Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 am

You can choose a God wisely or unwisely but it does not make a whole lot of difference when you turn to dust and evolve into the afterlife.

Your choices make up who you are, you cannot escape them even when your body dies.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 9:44 am

magamud wrote:

Your choices make up who you are, you cannot escape them even when your body dies.  

You can learn and process from them.

The rest seems like "archived" data to be processed and possibly judged for it's wisdom no?
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 9:56 am

Sometimes you're not given a choice...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/12/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/

Do you think those school girls chose that?  What will be the results in each of their lives.

Last edited by Brook on Wed May 14, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Wed May 14, 2014 10:01 am

Indeed learning from life and death is key, but how will you learn when the two are separate?  Has anyone met anyone who has defeated death?  Death is sin, lack of knowledge of gods plan.  Once you know gods plan there is no death.

No choice?

There is always choice no matter how strong your fate may seem. This relates to God always having forgiveness present no matter how far away you have traveled. It is not easy to break addiction, but what is the value of your life?
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 10:05 am

Cup o ...you might want to think real hard about that....and do some more processing.

I don't think those school girls had ANY choice.
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 am

Do you think those school girls chose that?  What will be the results in each of their lives.

Good question, how can you explain suffering.

There are many reasons but what will satisfy your visceral bodies reaction to pain?  Your intelligence?  Does the devil bring you satisfaction that Gods world is wrong?  Can your faith hold up against such evil?

What are the reasons for evil?  Freedom, narcissism, self, etc...

Why would someone be or experience evil?
    Karma?  To know evil?  To know sacrifice?  To know self?  Not to know self?  Not to know?  Explore evil?  To know life?

And if life is eternal how much time do we have to explore?  And when you know life how valuable is time?

Paradoxes everywhere as to why the New agist think this duality is a illusion and should just forgo it, but Gods world is vast beyond measure and holding it together is a oneness of incredible wisdom...

Godspeed Brook....
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am

magamud wrote:
    Do you think those school girls chose that?  What will be the results in each of their lives.

Godspeed Brook....

Cheers  Brook
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Wed May 14, 2014 10:57 am

mudra wrote:

What if God was neither a name nor some remote entity but  Life's spark itself, ever present , ongoing and unfolding , embracing all that is ?
    What if Christ Consciousness was the seat of the soul,

What makes the sun shine the moon glow the rain fall and the grass grow ? Why is water so vitalizing and life so lush around about it ? How do roses bloom as they do and who wrote those songbird melodies ? What is the cricket chirping about and who was that stranger smiling at me ?

No mother God is not remote and not one bird goes to the ground unnoticed. How come unspoken dreams come through ? Who is it that listens in the depth of my being whether I am silent or not ? Is it not God ?

The moment we start speaking about God is the moment our imaginations try to confine God. Give it up live love God got it under control. God gave us a life to live and a will to live like we want. What I am saying is that God also picked up and paid the tab of all our wrong wicked choices. And I appreciate and love God also for that.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed May 14, 2014 11:07 am

How come unspoken dreams come through ?

For my own part, I have never had a thought
    Which I could not set down in words
    With even more distinctness that which I conceived it.

There is however a class of fancies of exquisite delicacy
    Which are not thoughts and to which as yet
    I have found it absolutely impossible to adapt to language.

These fancies arise in the soul,
    Alas how rarely, only at epochs
    Of most intense tranquility
    When the bodily and mental health are in perfection.

And those mere points of time
    When the confines of the waking world
    Blend with the world of dreams.

And so I captured this fancy

Where all that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 2le1hf5

Take this kiss upon the brow!
    And, in parting from you now,
    Thus much let me avow-
    You are not wrong, who deem
    That my days have been a dream;
    Yet if hope has flown away
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,
    Is it therefore the less gone?
    All that we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
    Of a surf-tormented shore,
    And I hold within my hand
    Grains of the golden sand-
    How few! yet how they creep
    Through my fingers to the deep,
    While I weep- while I weep!
    O God! can I not grasp
    Them with a tighter clasp?
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?

Edgar A Poe

What Dreams May Come

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 14, 2014 12:35 pm

RedEzra wrote:

The moment we start speaking about God is the moment our imaginations try to confine God.

I have no name for what fills me with wonder, for what nourishes heart and soul
    I have no name for that embrace of deep peace.
    I have no name for the Love that I feel runs through me .
    I have no name for the gentle  ripples that are hovering on the shore of  consciousness.
    I have no name for the miracles I am witness to through life.
    I have no name for this nor any reason but I know that is grace.

Much Love for You REDezra

mudra
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Wed May 14, 2014 2:15 pm

mudra wrote:
    I have no name for what fills me with wonder, for what nourishes heart and soul

No need to name it mother this nice things you say and more about the nameless blameless wonder which makes the sun shine the moon glow the rain fall and the grass grow. Breathe and bask in it live love and look it is so awsome that poets praise this nameless blameless wonder which is so close to the touch. And if asked who and where it comes from it will give ten thousand answers.

The Karen
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 pm

RedEzra wrote:
    No need to name it mother this nice things you say and more about the nameless blameless wonder which makes the sun shine the moon glow the rain fall and the grass grow. Breathe and bask in it live love and look it is so awsome that poets praise this nameless blameless wonder which is so close to the touch. And if asked who and where it comes from it will give ten thousand answers.

The Karen

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 Tumblr11

Love You angel
    I understand you

The Karen 

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Brook wrote:

There is however a class of fancies of exquisite delicacy
    Which are not thoughts and to which as yet
    I have found it absolutely impossible to adapt to language.

These fancies arise in the soul,
    Alas how rarely, only at epochs
    Of most intense tranquility
    When the bodily and mental health are in perfection.

And those mere points of time
    When the confines of the waking world
    Blend with the world of dreams.

And so I captured this fancy

Where all that we see or seem

"We have all but forgotten that life is a rich and mysterious coming together of many worlds. We have lost sight of what the ancient priestesses and shamans knew, that the forms of our visible world have their roots in unseen dimensions, and that it is in these unseen dimensions that the primal energies of life lie. In our forgetting, we have lost the wholeness of life, and we have cut ourselves off from the real forces that shape our world. But when we are present in life, free from demands or agendas, when we allow life to unfold according to its own inner principles, we open up a doorway again between the worlds. Within our consciousness the inner and outer, the visible and the unseen worlds, can come together and speak to each other, and our split-apart world can become whole again."

—Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
    "Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 10339660_10202957422969718_8598851021326690203_n

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 pm

"Love Wins Only When It Defeats Evil". What if it takes an Evil Good-Guy (or Gal) to defeat an Evil Bad-Guy (or Gal)?? This might seem like a ridiculous question -- but what if (especially on a galactic level) it takes a Really Bad@$$ Good-Guy (or Gal) to keep the Universe on the Straight and Narrow?? What if the horrible way this world seems to have been managed has been absolutely necessary under the circumstances?? I just can't stop thinking about King David -- King Solomon -- and the Queen of Sheba -- throughout all time -- and throughout the universe -- as ridiculous as that sounds. What if God has to be a Devil -- at certain times -- and in certain contexts?? Doesn't the Bible reveal a Good-God and a Bad-God -- as blasphemous as that sounds?? I continue to think that most (or all) of us don't have any idea what really is involved in running a universe (or a world). I know I don't -- but just thinking about some of the possibilities has nearly gotten me committed to the Psych-Ward of the Bethesda Naval Hospital. BTW -- can you even begin to imagine a Star-War involving Piloted-Planets Ramming Other Planets??!! How do you think we got the Asteroid-Belt?? It might not be wise for Earth to anger the rest of the universe. Just a Thought.
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm

It is a good time now to reflect all that we know and imagine about God.
    There is no word, act, effort or whatever we might try... there is no way to explain God.
    It has to be experienced.
    As Jimmy once asked: "Are you experienced?"

Are we experienced?

Did we felt the presence?
    Did the holy spirit touched us all?

I know we all have our replies. As we always do. But here's the call, to be one with this being, force, power,  God, Creator, so we can remember.
    We can revisit our true nature.

Christians are mostly hypocrites as Sanicle noticed.
    Why?
    Because they don't allow God's holy spirit to shape them.
    God is love. And if love doesn't shape you, fear will.

Again here's the key in free will...allow the spirit to shape you in love. Then comes the knowledge.  Never before.
    All else is fractured imagination of a or the knowledge thus not the real one.
    Compassion, valor, understanding, joy, humility, wisdom...but first comes love as all this is a part of love and love is the dance of eternity.
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 am

Beren wrote:
    Christians are mostly hypocrites as Sanicle noticed.
    Why?
    Because they don't allow God's holy spirit to shape them.
    God is love. And if love doesn't shape you, fear will.

And here is Beren bro as well opting for love as he always does which is good.

But this first sentence is like saying Gravenstein apples are mostly bad. Sure some are spoiled but surly not the whole sort. Christians are called after Christ and all can read see and check what is expected of Christians. And love is at the top of that list.

Christianity as an organized religion is not without fault but was brutally beaten in the East by the ideology of Communism and today in the Middle East and Africa the Sword of Islam is cutting down Christians.

While we love we may bleed so be it.
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Thu May 15, 2014 9:03 am

Red my brother,
    you know well what the name "Christ" means. Hence what should a name "Christian" mean. It bears the holy life in love of God and all its manifestations.
    Alas, too many today are just carrying the name but they do not allow the holy spirit's power to shape them.

Christ never came to make a religion.  He came to change our perception. So we can reclaim our innate power since we are God's children.

But for one to reclaim this power it takes a will. Will to allow Love to build you, shape you.  To change your understanding and to open the portal of your heart and soul so you can Love, understand, be compassionate, brave, joyful. So you can see and hear.

So you can see God's power and subtleties everywhere, from plant kingdom and animals to nature and its beauty. Then to universe, stars and all the forces therein.
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Thu May 15, 2014 10:41 am

Beren wrote:
    Alas, too many today are just carrying the name but they do not allow the holy spirit's power to shape them.

That is true. Being born into a Christian culture going to church once a week and maybe a one minute prayer before bed constitutes Christianity for many but it is a bit more to it than that as it is about a relationship with Christ and not a religion about Him.

Christ came to defeat the devil evil sin sickness and death and so He did and so He is the power in those who are called by His Name to do the same. So put on the armour of God and wield the weapons of Spirit Light Love Truth Righteousness. And draw a line in the sand and stand the sacred ground against the sword of Islam the club of Communism and the lance of Lucifer.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 am

Beren wrote:Compassion, valor, understanding, joy, humility, wisdom...but first comes love as all this is a part of love and love is the dance of eternity.

I love that Beren. Typical of you to come out with a statement like that.  Hugs 

It’s been interesting to sit back and follow this thread, reading everyone’s input. What I see is expressions of each person’s unique journey in the search for and/or finding of Love to shield us against and heal us from pain, the source of which we usually call “evil”. As we all seem to agree, evil is made manifest most obviously in our reality through demons, psychopaths, predators, etc. It’s said they express the opposite of Love due to apparently being unable to feel love for others themselves and so willingly inflict pain on their prey to achieve what they see as security for themselves, continued existence being the priority obviously, with power often being their preference to easily maintain it.

We also know pain can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, and sadly, it’s not only inflicted on us by wholly ‘evil’ beings as we inadvertently do it to each too in our search for, or in the perceived maintenance of, the security that loving union provides in this environment if we haven’t found it within ourselves. But I’m focusing on the ‘big picture’ here so back to the extreme expressions of ‘good’ and ‘evil’ as I perceive it.

We are taught that “God is Love” and his opposite is “the Devil”…..evil. I believe the former is true as it’s who and/or what we love that defines and elicits decisions re our journey and associations through life, starting at birth. Finding that which best soothes our Soul is the driving force behind the lessons we learn through receiving love, or the perceived lack of it, which then creates our chosen Path through life. Avoiding pain naturally becomes part of that Path as well therefore.

But we are also taught that God is the Creator of everything and everyone and is even in everything and everyone, so it has to be said that He/She embodies that which we consider ‘evil’ as well. God’s Will rules all, so one can’t say that ‘evil’ is not also God’s Will in manifestation as it could not exist if He/She didn’t will it to be so. To my mind, this is the basis of the paradoxes we deal with each and every day throughout life and why each of us will always have to find the best way they can personally to deal with pain. Whatever works, eh?

As can be seen, some choose to stay within and honour the love they’ve found to cope with the pain paradox. Some spend their time trying to understand and nature of the evil, trying to find the truth behind the lies that evil tells to assert dominance in our reality and so know more readily where true love can be found to shield and heal them. Some have or do both and also have the courage to face and rail against, or even fight, the evil personally so that love, or good, can remain the predominant force in our reality. But if evil exists due to God’s Will, getting rid of it altogether here doesn’t appear to be an option, no matter what we’re taught. For instance, how can we stop psychopaths being born if the Creator has chosen to create them?

What I see in each person’s response on this thread is the story of how they are trying to find or have found the best way to deal with the paradox of ‘good’ and ‘evil’ that exists in this world, and that it’s in accordance with the unique individual they are and the part of the journey they’ve found themselves to be undertaking in this life. To my mind, no one way is right or wrong. Each person is just giving expression to the one they’ve found best serves them at this point in time and sharing it out of the goodness of their heart hoping to help others. Evolution is ongoing for all so we’ll probably find ourselves on the same page at some point in the future if we don’t right now.

Personally, I’ve always hated and resented pain being inflicted on us for whatever reason. (Death I’m OK with knowing we leave the pain of the body behind and that love waits on the other side to heal the rest.) It’s that that made it hard for me to fully accept that God is Love, beyond the very impersonal sort, especially as He/She is the Creator of all when it includes evil as well. Thankfully I’m now being given lessons in why it’s necessary for us to feel pain in order to live with strength and clarity in this world so as to be able to give and receive love more safely and fully, so I no longer resent it as much as I used to. I think I’m seeing a little more of God’s wisdom at work maybe, given how He/She chose to create this paradoxical reality and how many of us are still learning the ropes within different aspects of His/Her creation.

Life these days is sooooooooooo interesting and satisfying. I consider myself to be a very lucky girl, despite what others may thing of my chosen path. Wink 

Thanks to all for contributing your views here. Being given these personal views of our life in this reality is a true gift from the Soul IMO.

Lawless 
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Thu May 15, 2014 11:39 am

Dear Sanicle,
    Your reply was a really honest portrait of where you are now.
    And that is good for your understanding of Love grows.
    Love is above everything.  Even fear is a part of love.

But hear this, in Love all is perfect but if one identify with any particular part of love sans observing the whole, the one gets consumed by the very part they identified with.

When evil exist it means it was allowed by Creator to exist by the law of free will. But existence is not helpless endeavor.  God being Love and Life itself always gives help and power to all individuals who trapped or fixed themselves in fear.

Fear spawns many offspring hence Love has many tools to help one overcome fear.
    Tools are various in power, size, methods.
    In one level it could be fight, on another a counsel, and yet on another a healing power over someone.

Tools are many in Love's arsenal.
    God being all powerful and omnipresent and scient just chooses what to do accordingly.

When dealing with demons God chooses different tools than when dealing with tortured human soul.

When Christ dealt with all he chose wisely how and what to do.
    Demons were expelled with a command. No fights, star wars scenes or such. No torture as well.

But any medicine is a torture and a killer to a cancer cell so it screams wildly.

But what is a killer to a cancer cell, that is a saviour to the body or a person.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu May 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Beren wrote:Dear Sanicle,
    Your reply was a really honest portrait of where you are now.
    And that is good for your understanding of Love grows.
    Love is above everything.  Even fear is a part of love.

But hear this, in Love all is perfect but if one identify with any particular part of love sans observing the whole, the one gets consumed by the very part they identified with.

When evil exist it means it was allowed by Creator to exist by the law of free will. But existence is not helpless endeavor.  God being Love and Life itself always gives help and power to all individuals who trapped or fixed themselves in fear.

Fear spawns many offspring hence Love has many tools to help one overcome fear.
    Tools are various in power, size, methods.
    In one level it could be fight, on another a counsel, and yet on another a healing power over someone.

Tools are many in Love's arsenal.
    God being all powerful and omnipresent and scient just chooses what to do accordingly.

When dealing with demons God chooses different tools than when dealing with tortured human soul.

When Christ dealt with all he chose wisely how and what to do.
    Demons were expelled with a command. No fights, star wars scenes or such. No torture as well.

But any medicine is a torture and a killer to a cancer cell so it screams wildly.

But what is a killer to a cancer cell, that is a saviour to the body or a person.

Yes, I agree with most of what you say there Beren and have been shown as much by my friends. If you will check my full signature you will see that I know we're not helpless at all.

You say Christ expelled demons with a command. Does expel mean sent somewhere else or destroyed? And I agree that using the will is the very best method.....no fighting, torture, etc necessary.

As regards your last few lines I'd like to reply that the same methods apply to the planetary body as they do to the human body. Microcosm macrocosm.
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Thu May 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Sanicle wrote:But if evil exists due to God’s Will, getting rid of it altogether here doesn’t appear to be an option, no matter what we’re taught.  For instance, how can we stop psychopaths being born if the Creator has chosen to create them?

Enoch the seventh from Adam before the flood whom Jesus often quoted wrote about a lot of strange stuff. How a group of angels called "watchers" who were set to watch over and teach budding humanity but begot giant angelic human children with them and taught mankind things like weaponry cosmetics sorcery abortion genetic manipulation and more. And when these angelic human hybrids died then they became the terrestrial demons whom Jesus often used to cast out of people.

So I do not think God creates demons nor do I think one is born a psychopath unless perhaps one is fathered by an angel or mothered by a muse ? There are so much myths also in medieval times about spirit beings who have begotten offsprings with human beings. According to Angevin legend for instance there was even infernal blood in the royal Plantagenet family. And today there is the phenomenon of alien abduction about aliens collecting human eggs and sperms creating alien human hybrid children.

Perhaps it is true that truth is stranger than fiction. And so we keep on watching and hopefully reality will reveal itself in the end.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu May 15, 2014 2:49 pm

They're interesting comments Red Ezra, in lots of different ways.  My sylph friend told me early on in our relationship that she and her kind are the 'Watchers' on this planet, explaining that humans and higher beings attached to the planet are the creators, or designers, of what's made manifest (above and beyond what Mother Earth does to sustain life), and it's through our link to God/Source that we are enabled to do so.  She and the other 'Watchers' job is to manifest (ie energetically embody) what we create through our wills which they 'watch' over and tend.  They are all basically Mother Earth's children.  So the 'Mother' and the 'Father' work together in this though us. Since she told me that I've read a few different articles that seem to name 'Watchers' as being 'evil', with a few different claims as to what they truly are.  But I guess me telling you that might mean that those who read the Bible will now think I consort with demons.  Rolling Eyes 

And there are many who claim that the Egyptians or Chinese or other ancient races taught all those things you listed.  And some that they learned these techniques through aliens that visited our planet long ago.  Some say also that the faeries that supposedly stole babies in the past were really aliens as well, those that are currently spoken of Greys that are said to still do such things.  So what were once called 'changelings' are now called 'hybrids'.  The poor old nature spirits and Elementals often seem to take the rap for what is done that humans cannot readily see, but maybe both exist.  I've also read that the common view of the Devil (ie as the horned being with hooves) is actually the Nature God Pan.  There are so many different views out there.  Who is right and who is wrong, I don't know.  Unless I am walking in the shoes of those who claim such things and know why, on what evidence they base such claims, I truly can't say.

As far as the Church is concerned, it was often the (mainly) women who worked with the Nature Spirits and Elementals to do healing etc in the past that were accused of being witches and thus burned alive because it was thought that they worked with 'demons', as identified by those words in the Bible I guess.

As far as I'm concerned, its'.....what does the Bible say?  "By their fruits ye shall know them"?  That's what I watch for and thus far my friends have only shown me the good they wish me to do to help the planet......ALL life connected to it.

Oh, and as regards psychopaths, the 'experts' now believe that between 1% to 4% of the world population is psychopathic.  So what does that say?

I'm not meaning to argue with you.....just sharing what my own experience has been.

OK, time for bed. It's nearly 6am here.  So goodnight all.  I love you
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 15, 2014 4:14 pm

"Love wins only when it defeats evil." - Page 2 10291749_10152386943643908_1533349065592535079_n

I was looking for these words the other day to add them to my post but could'nt find them.
    Magically today they presented themselves once more to me.

For where two or three are gathered together in my Name, there am I in the midst of them.
    - King James Version (1611)

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm