tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate Empty Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012

Phone: 917-691-5118

E-Mail: wbesen@truthwinsout.org

TWO Expresses Revulsion Over Extremist Anti-Gay Positions Expressed By GOP Candidates at Debate

Fake Religious Freedom Argument Used In Debate to Mask Red Meat Bigotry, Says TWO

NEW YORK - Truth Wins Out expressed its revulsion over the unrestrained anti-gay bigotry expressed by Republican candidates in tonight's ABC News debate. The contenders bent over backwards to slap loving gay couples in their faces and hid behind phony religious liberty arguments to mask their anti-gay animus, says TWO.

"We are completely disgusted by virtually the entire GOP field which panders to prejudice and bows to anti-gay bigotry," said Truth Wins Out's Executive Director Wayne Besen. "The unabashed extremism witnessed in this debate is a disgrace and an embarrassment to both the Republican Party and to this nation."

The most outrageous view expressed this evening came from former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum who said that he would support a constitutional amendment prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying, as well as breaking up gay couples who are already legally married. "If the Constitution says marriage is between a man and a woman, then marriage is between a man and a woman," Santorum said. "Those who are not men and women and are married would not be married."

"I think the radical idea of destroying families and invalidating their marriages is so preposterous that it will cost Rick Santorum any chance of ever becoming President of the United States," said TWO's Besen, who married his partner of five years, Jamie Brundage, last month in Burlington, Vermont. "Santorum is just too extreme and the cruel position he took on this issue will lead to the unraveling of his campaign."

Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum defended their anti-gay positions by falsely claiming that marriage equality conflicted with religious liberty. Perry actually claimed that allowing LGBT couples to marry is a "a war against religion."

"The red meat may work to some degree in the primaries," said TWO's Besen, "But homophobia will haunt the eventual nominee in the general election."

The most laughable moment of the evening came when Newt Gingrich expressed his opposition to marriage equality and invoked "the sacrament of marriage." He did so with a straight face as his third wife, Callista, sat in the audience and applauded.

Truth Wins Out (TWO) is a nonprofit that fights anti-LGBT religious extremism. TWO specializes in turning information into action by organizing, advocating and fighting for LGBT equality.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/TWO-Expresses-Revulsion-Over-Anti-Gay-GOP-Debate.html?soid=1101866686918&aid=10x66lgZkEg
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate Empty Re: Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Can I create another screen name so that I can debate myself?

Insanely Happy

Ban

Oooyeah 1
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate Empty Re: Truth Wins Out (TWO) statement, re: GOP debate

Post  Owlsden Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 pm

She is soooo Beautiful!

Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm

This is one of my favorites

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm

It scares me, but name any song and I can tell you what I was doing (beginning 1978). When I realized I was mesmerized by her, I had a lot of albums to buy to catch up.

Her post-dance stuff is quite cool.

She makes people cry, without any help from instruments...

...she defies the label of any "genre" (oxymoron?).

In the words of Fester Addams in regard to his fake mother while he still had amnesia: "She's a pip".
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Owlsden wrote:
    This is one of my favorites

It took her years before she would perform this song, live (20+).

She was convinced it was the devil's music, but has since balanced it all out and just soaks up the love of her gay fans.

I spoke with Christine Hannah (wife of her musical conductor in 90s). She said the band preferred to play to Gay crowds, because the positive vibes and waves of love coming from the audience energized them.

PEACE
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:27 pm

It scares me, but name any song and I can tell you what I was doing (beginning 1978)

Okay

What were you doing in 1988 when this song came out?

(uploaded on my Birth day (Month and Day) how synchronistic)

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Owlsden wrote:

She is soooo Beautiful!

She is also a healer.

In her book, "Ordinary Girl: The Journey", she recounts her mother informing her of this gift after a young man witnessed his Deaf mother start to dance to It was not the revolutionary use of a Mini-Moog triple bass line, programmed by Giorgio Moroder -- the woman went from feeling it to hearing it.

Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Owlsden wrote:
    It scares me, but name any song and I can tell you what I was doing (beginning 1978)

Okay

What were you doing in 1988 when this song came out?

(uploaded on my Birth day (Month and Day) how synchronistic)

HigherLove wrote:
    Owlsden wrote:

She is soooo Beautiful!

She is also a healer.

In her book, "Ordinary Girl: The Journey", she recounts her mother informing her of this gift after a young man witnessed his Deaf mother start to dance to this song.

Anyone with that amount of Love and Passion is a Natural Healer.

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:41 pm

I love Belinda (of course!).

Donna did this in 1999: "Love is The Healer: Eric Kupper's 'I Feel Healed' Mix".

The original is great, but they updated the Moog for this for the times, and she sang about coming out of the dark and how it is love that saved her.

https://youtu.be/gQV_vxxA53Y

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gQV_vxxA53Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So many times in my life
    I've been alone, left alone
    Heart broken and
    Turned around
    I find myself
    Crying in the night time
    Dying out loud
    In the night I sleeplessly
    Wake up
    From a dream that's
    Tormenting me
    I, I, I, I, I gotta get help
    Oh, yeah

Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Come heal me
    Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Set me free

Late at night I was afraid
    And I tried to turn away
    I was afraid to face
    What in-evil-it-able is

Say you know the way
    To find true freedom
    Can you save yourself
    From the pain you're feeling
    Something in my head
    that you're dreaming
    That the angels said

Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Come heal me
    Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Set me free
    Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Come heal me
    Love is the healer
    Love is the healer
    Set me free

I am on a mission, a mission of love

Love...is the healer

Love is the healer
    Come as a healer
    Set me free
    Love is the healer
    Come as a healer
    Set me free
    Love is the healer
    Come as a healer
    Set me free
    Love is the healer
    Come as a healer
    Set me free

Do you know the way to love
    Do you know the place of love
    Do you know what love
    Can do
    Do you know what
    It'll do for you

Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:44 pm

and she sang about coming out of the dark and how it is love that saved her.

That is soooo beautiful and I can totally "relate" to that. I am writing a book (been in the making for years now) about my Story of how True Love saved me.

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Owlsden wrote:
    and she sang about coming out of the dark and how it is love that saved her.

That is soooo beautiful and I can totally "relate" to that. I am writing a book (been in the making for years now) about my Story of how True Love saved me.

Thubs Up

Oh - the lyrics are a bit off in translation in a few places, but I see you get the point. hehe

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm