tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December

ClearWater
    ClearWater

House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December Empty House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December

Post  ClearWater Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:29 am

Before I read the article I was like... cheers Oooyeah 1

After I read the article I was like... scratch No Boxer

House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December
    Washington (CNN) -- A bill to extend three provisions of the Patriot Act and Intelligence Reform bill that are due to expire next month failed to win approval Tuesday from the U.S. House of Representatives.

The House voted 277-148 in favor of the bill, which fell short of the 284 votes needed to pass, because it was considered under a House rule that required a two-thirds majority.

In the vote, 26 Republicans joined 122 Democrats in opposing the bill that would have extended the provisions through December 8.

The White House and some Democrats prefer a longer extension of the three provisions, through 2013, and Senate Democrats are expected to propose legislation calling for such an extension.

From... http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/08/house.patriot.act/index.html

Last edited by ClearWater on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Snipped article)
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December Empty Re: House defeats bill extending Patriot Act provisions until December

Post  Mercuriel Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:46 am

Man - You have to hand to these Obfuscators and Sophistrists sometimes. They can take a sentence and make it mean exactly the Opposite of what It says.

-//-

Sellouts to Their Species...

-//-

This'll be the next One We'll all hear...

Global Warming has now caused Global Cooling....

Musical

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:57 pm