tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+10
ceridwen
magamud
mudra
lawlessline
devakas
Aquaries1111
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
Carol
Floyd
14 posters

Planet X | Niburu hoax

Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Planet X | Niburu hoax

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 pm

The hypothetical study of an influential body near the end of our solar system is fascinating.

One thing it is not however, is a planet that is going to come near our own planet. It is not the mythical Niburu.

Whilst Z and D and other conduits of cor blimey sillyness are fueling further fire onto the flames of nonsense, it is important to remember that we are not under threat from any incoming heavenly body.

Apparently now its a spaceship and not a planet.
    Sleep

Its all part of a tragic scam and I am amazed why any individual would want to take part in it.

My bet is that we are all quite safe but we need to sort our XXXX out.
    I will bet good money that this planet x farce will not happen.

Pure fear diarrhea.

Hey that's a poem.

Lets bring some balance to the situation and dont worry be happy. Its ok kids

Why doomsday fears will be around long past Dec. 21, 2012
    Researchers and scientists feel like they are 'completely drowned out by the doomsayers on the Internet' when it comes to disproving Apocalypse theories

Humanity will survive the supposed December 2012 apocalypse, but, unfortunately, so will irrational doomsday fears, scientists say.

Doomsayers around the world are gearing up for armageddon on Dec. 21, based on predictions supposedly made by the Mayans more than 1,000 years ago. Even after the sun rises Dec. 22, however, many folks will be only momentarily reassured, quickly latching onto another scenario purported to bring about the apocalypse within their lifetime.

The persistence of these worries stems from a variety of factors, researchers say. The deluge of misinformation on the Internet, poorly developed or underutilized critical thinking skills and plain old human nature all contribute, convincing many people to fear the worst despite the lack of compelling evidence (and the poor track record of such dire predictions over the years).

"There have been end-of-the-world predictions every few years throughout history, really," said astronomer David Morrison, head of the Carl Sagan Center for the Study of Life in the Universe at the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute in Mountain View, Calif. "We had two or three last year."

Morrison spoke at the SETICon 2 conference in Santa Clara, Calif., on June 23 during a panel discussion called "Cosmophobia: Doomsday 2012 and Other Fiction Science." [Don't Panic: 2012 Doomsday Fears Debunked]

Flood of misinformation
    Though Morrison and other scientists work hard to tamp down fears of Comet Elenin, the mythical planet Nibiru and other supposed agents of impending doom, their voices of reason have a hard time being heard these days.

"We are completely drowned out by the doomsayers on the Internet," Morrison said. "It's very hard for the truth to even get a hearing."

It's especially hard to reach young people, most of whom seem unable to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources, he added.

"At the best, they will just count numbers," Morrison said. "'Well, there are 83 websites that say the world will end in 2012, and one that says it won't. So it must be true.'"

Not all of the misinformation is coming from altruistic folks who just want to get the worried word out, said fellow panelist Andrew Fraknoi, chair of the astronomy department at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, Calif. Some of it is probably pumped out by people trying to make a buck.

"Today, it seems like money is much more important than truth, that anything goes," Fraknoi said. "Fear-mongering has become a large and profitable industry."

Data from the publishing world appear to back him up: A search for "Doomsday 2012" books on Amazon.com returns nearly 200 titles.

Human nature
    But not all of the blame can be laid at the Internet's feet. Doomsday fears have cropped up repeatedly throughout history, and in most cases they weren't sustained by YouTube videos and "Nibiru" Google searches. [Oops! 11 Failed Doomsday Predictions]

The Millerites, for example, believed that Jesus Christ would return to Earth in 1843 or 1844, and that the world as we know it would be destroyed in the process. Another group called the Seekers thought a huge flood would ravage our planet on Dec. 21, 1954. The Seekers' leader, a Chicago woman named Dorothy Martin, claimed to have gotten this information from aliens living on the planet Clarion.

We shouldn't be too surprised whenever such cults grab the headlines, said Leonard Mlodinow, a Caltech physicist and author of such books as "The Drunkard's Walk: How Randonmness Rules Our Lives" and "The Grand Design" (which he wrote with Stephen Hawking).

"I think it's a very natural human phenomenon," Mlodninow said. "People who we consider very rational believe such things all the time."

He cited today's major religions, saying that they would have seemed just as odd and irrational as the doomsday cults if we'd encountered them back in the early days, before they became so well established.

"I don't consider those people particularly weird," Mlodinow said of modern doomsayers. "I just think that they're early adopters, you might call them."

There's likely some ego-boosting pyschology involved as well, said panelist Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the SETI Institute.

"To some extent, it's a very empowering thought — that you know something very important that those nerdy, pointy-headed, tweed-jacketed academics down at the local university won't acknowledge," Shostak said. "I think you have to look for the answers there."

Is education the answer?
    Whatever their causes, doomsday fears are quite prevalent in the United States and abroad.

For example, a poll commisioned by the news agency Reuters earlier this year found that 15 percent of people worldwide — or roughy 1 billion folks — believe the apocalypse will come during their lifetime. In the United States, the figure is 22 percent.

Such worries aren't just interesting sociological or psychological phenomena, Morrison said. They can have tragic consequences for believers.

"At least once a week, I get a question from a young person — usually 11, 12 years old — who says they are contemplating suicide before the end of the world," Morrison said. "I know of several cases at least of reported suicides, of people who are obsessed with the end of the world in 2012."

The best way to combat irrational doomsday worries — especially among the young — is education, Fraknoi said. We need to teach better critical thinking skills and instill a love of discovery that will inspire kids to seek out the truth — and make them less likely to be gulled by fanciful rumors.

"Ask yourself the question, 'Why should I believe a word of this?'" Fraknoi said. "If you know how to answer, 'Why should I believe a word of this?' then you're much closer to scientific truth."

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/why-doomsday-fears-will-be-around-long-past-dec-21-2012

Now, cant wait for all those youtube videos proving our impending doom.

I wonder where they come from

[u]

Last edited by Floyd on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Re: Planet X | Niburu hoax

Post  Carol Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

There are folks who say there is a PX and it's near and those who say not. However, the scientific evidence indicates there have been pole shifts in the past. This is reality. Now whether something like PX would create such an event - is anyone guess. Personally, I don't expect a pole shift anytime in the near future. However, answer this. Is the sun's increased activity just do to being in an active area of space where there is a significant increase in protons - or is its increased activity perhaps due to some large planetary body orbiting around it? It's possible both could be true. However, what we know for a fact is that the increase in proton activity is impacting earth and having a geomagnetic affect on the sun. Read todays space weather report on that.

The reality is that the sun is continuing to become more active and even if the thought of a PX is around to get folks motivated to prep - then maybe this hoopla is not such a bad thing. However, I do trust the person who personally saw it from the Vatican Observatory and warned me about this. It isn't worth the effort of energy to go into a panic mode for a "just in case." It is worth the effort to prep because of the world-wide earth changes (storms, drought, high winds, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, sinkholes, mass die off of birds and sea life --- the list goes on). Only an idiot taking a look around would continue to ignore the warning signs. And as someone who live in a place where it was winter 8 months out of the year - I know what it means to be prepared when isolated as a result of storms and where electricity was out due to storms. Being self-reliant as possible is a worth-while effort.

For myself, it wouldn't matter if PX is there or not. Having got over the fear factor long ago - attention and effort is just on becoming as self-reliant as possible. We not looking for a cave to hide in or an underground bunker to escape to. And even though we have an active volcano on the other end of the island this is one of the safest places on the planet because of how the wind is altered with Mauna Kea rising so high out of the sea. Even tsunamis would tend to go around this end of the island so no worry there either. I'm more concerned in what is going on in high density areas where folks are acting out and how that impacts the social structure. And even more concerned about the world's food supply with what is going on with the weather.

Floyd, fear diarrhea is your take on this but I've not seen any other members take up this fear flag. Members on this forum are well informed and make up their own minds as to what they will accept as real or not real. If they were really upset about any of this there would be a whole lot more of chat and posts going on. But pretty much all of us were indoctrinated at PA years ago and have moved on. I just post the data that comes up and don't attempt to convince anyone of anything other then to encourage each person to think for his or herself. We are all spiritual beings on a human journey that comes to an end. How it ends is unique for each individual and no one can know what that end will be like until it's time to move along the continuum of awareness.

I'm more concerned about the current US Nazi political environment then the thought of PX rolling around the sun next month - if it does.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 pm

The destruction of this planet has been an ongoing thing. All of it down to human behavior and human consciousness and not the influence of a speculated planetary body or anything else for that matter.

I dont see any rallying calls for the existence of a planet x here apart from a very small minority. Most folks here are watchers so I wouldn't speak for all of them in the way that you do. Are you trying to put words in their mouths by any chance?

It is indeed wise to prepare for a better world. Why the hell not.

Good luck in your Nazi USA. Could have been worse, you could have lived in Essen in 1938.
    If you are more worried about NazI USA than planet X then why on god's earth have you posted so much about Planet X. " Whether it comes or not"

Don't you think that's a bit daft?

I will buy you a cocktail after the non existent planet x doesn't pass near Earth.

Yes its pure fear. If you think otherwise then that's fine. Are you going to put a date on its arrival?

If so I would like to hear about it.?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Planet X. Bad Astronomy

Post  Floyd Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 am

Fear not.

Many people, including Mr. Hazlewood, claim that NASA actually sighted Planet X in 1983, and it was reported in the Washington Post! The article claims that two scientists named Neugebauer and Houck used the Infrared Astronomy Satellite (called IRAS) and found a Jupiter-sized object a few billion kilometers out from the Sun.

This turns out not to be the case. Rather than rely on the accuracy of a newspaper article (and you can find out how accurate those are elsewhere on this site) I did something that never occurred to the doomsayers: I sent an email to the two astronomers asking what happened back in '83. Gerry Neugebauer replied, and told me the real poop.

IRAS was designed to look in the far-infrared, well past what our eyes see. At the time, no one was really sure what it would find. To everyone's surprise, several bright point sources were found that did not correspond to anything seen on optical images taken of the same areas. In the press conference, the two scientists said that these objects could be almost anything, from a tenth planet in our solar system to distant galaxies.

Guess which it turned out to be? Sure enough, much deeper images were taken, and some of the objects were found to be dense gas clouds in our own Galaxy, while others turned out to be very distant galaxies. In fact, these observations heralded the discovery of a new type of object: Ultra-luminous Infrared Galaxies (ULIRGs). These are galaxies in which there is a burst of stars being born. The cocoons of dust in which the stars are enshrouded generates copious infrared, which is what was detected by IRAS. They published these results in the prestigious Astrophysical Journal, and you can even read it yourself.
    http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=1985ApJ...290L...5H&db_key=AST&high=3ccf23290006822

So IRAS did not see Nibiru, Planet X, or anything of the sort, despite the claims of the doomcriers. Of course, they now claim that NASA is clamping down on the press for Planet X. The original Post article, they say, was hastily retracted due to pressure from the NASA thugs. Of course, the doomcriers have absolutely no evidence of this (because, of course, this claim is wrong), but they continue to state it as if it is fact. It is nothing of the sort. They like to make claims like this for many reasons: it generates an "us vs. them" mentality, which is great for conspiracies, and it helps sell books and/or videos. But it's wrong at best and a lie at worst.

A good page with a lot of detail about the IRAS observations is written by Tom Chester, an astronomer on the original IRAS team that found the mystery sources. Straight from the horse's mouth, if you will.

You can also read more about IRAS and Planet X at the Planet X and the Pole Shift website, which also has a copy of the original Washington Post article.

http://www.universetoday.com/14486/2012-no-planet-x/

More..

Apparently, Planet X (a.k.a. Nibiru) was spotted by astronomers in the early 1980′s in the outermost reaches of the Solar System. It has been tracked by infrared observatories; seen lurking around in the Kuiper Belt and now it is speeding right toward us and will enter the inner Solar System in 2012. So what does this mean to us? Well, the effects of the approach of Planet X on our planet will be biblical, and what’s more the effects are being felt right now. Millions, even billions of people will die, global warming will increase; earthquakes, drought, famine, wars, social collapse, even killer solar flares will be caused by Nibiru blasting through the core of the Solar System. All of this will happen in 2012, and we must begin preparing for our demise right now…

As investigated in my previous article “No Doomsday in 2012“, a lot of weight had been placed on the end of an ancient Mayan calendar, the “Long Count”. According to this calendar and Mayan myth, something is going to happen on December 21st, 2012. Now the world’s Planet X supporters seem to have calculated that this hypothetical, deadly planet will arrive from a highly eccentric orbit to wreak gravitational havoc on Earth, sparking geological, social, economic and environmental damage, killing a high proportion of life… in 2012.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14486/2012-no-planet-x/#ixzz21cTaVlbv

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 am

If you are really worried about the totally non existent Niburu, you can buy this Planet X survival guide from fear monger Marshall masters whom along with many others has been spewing out garbage about this non object for a while. He can sniff a money making opportunity when he sees one.

http://planetxforecast.com/
    Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Does Niburu exist?

Post  Floyd Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

Q. Does Niburu Exist?
    A. No

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Insanely Happy lol!

It's useless to worry or go into a fear mode when looking out and just observing how beautiful it is outside. If it is there - so what? Whatever is going on now is cyclical be it PX or the next burst of cosmic dust that will encircle the planet like it has in the past. My message is 'enjoy the present.'

Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Will niburu destroy earth?

Post  Floyd Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 am

Q. Is the existence of Niburu based on the pseudo archeology/astronomy of a deluded and error prone autodidact along with promotion by publishing houses, channeled 'beings' and fear mongers?

A. yes

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am

MP3 link to listen to John Moore's Radio Show

feed://www.republicbroadcasting.org/newsite/B.podcasts.active​.php?programID=85

8/6/12 John Moore's Monday morning's radio show:

- JR discusses his contacts who have created a "private intelligence network"

- Something serious is going on with the U.S. Military

- If appears, at the Norfolk Naval Base (largest Naval base in the world) is in the process of getting as many ships out of dry dock as they can, as quick as they can. And that they are evacuating heavy equipment and supplies, by truck under cover of darkness, to high ground.

- This has been confirmed by his private sources and their private sources.

- What these soldiers are being told at Fort Bragg and Fort Pendelton at Norfolk Naval Base, is a couple different stories. 1. Is that they are getting ready to go to war with Syria so they have to mobilize and move out for that reason - which makes no sense what so ever - why would you move people twice to get ready to go to war. You'd move them once, and that would be to a staging area to either get on a boat, or get on a plane. You wouldn't move them twice. 2. They are also being told that they are being moved into preparation for civil disorder here inside the U.S. - which is plausible, and both stories are somewhat plausible and anybody in the military for any length of time, they know that they military frequently does things that are absolutely stupid, and make no sense what so ever to any body, including the people giving the orders. And they're doing it because THEY were told to.

- One of Mike Harris' sources did come up with a couple of dates, Aug 17th and Sept 26th. They are not locked into thinking that anything particularly bad is going to happen Aug 17th or Sept 26th. But they do have some concerns, based on solid information for these dates.

- Moore is taking personal action himself, and is using this as a training exercise.

- He urges to review your supplies and equipment and training list and up your preps, as a wise thing to do

- He has been receiving lots of emails and phone calls from people asking him what sites are safe. He says that this is short sided thinking. For example, a woman wanted to know if Charlotte, NC was safe. He said, yes, as far rising ocean levels is concerned - it's fine. But, what about the 20 million plus potential refugees coming West from the East Coast? The place you want to be physically, and emotionally, and spiritually, is a place where you're safe, and you can have a good life, and you don't need to worry about any dates. That's where you want to be. That's where the Navy vets are. The Navy vets started attending these briefings in 1979. They were told, "Gentlemen...in your lifetimes, not in your children's or your grandchildren's, YOUR lifetimes these oceans are going to come out of their basins flooding all coastal areas worldwide, and when you retire, you should give strong consideration to relocating in the Arkansas area Ozarks." Where you can set up your 5 acres or 10 or 40 or whatever it is acres. And have some vegetable gardens, and fruit trees, maybe some chickens and some goats (most productive animal).

- Anguishing over dates is no way to live. On the other, he feels compelled to give these dates out. If nothing happens on these dates, so be it. But if something happens on those dates and they didn't give them out, he couldn't live with himself.

- JR believes the coming months, the next 90 days... Aug/Sept/1st week in Oct... could be quite interesting and fascinating. We need to make prudent preparations.

- What's going on in the military? That's a good question. His private sources are saying they are getting ready to evacuate because of Nibiru.
    - He knows it IS going to happen... it's matter of if, not when.

- If you live near a major body of water; Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Great Lakes, Mississippi River - and you're not at a good altitude above those bodies of water - quite frankly, you're living in the wrong place. Because, your home, at some point, in the not too distant future, will be under water. That's a given.

- That's what these Navy veterans where told in classified briefings, put on by the United States Navy. That's a given. That's accepted as fact, by all of the scientists, working for the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Government in classified briefings and in their classified studies- that YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO KNOW ABOUT. So, why in the world, would you continue living in one of those places? Where you're at risk of having everything lost, including your lives, to this flooding, when the oceans come out of their basins. Well, I know why. That's where your employment is. That's where your friends and family are. That's where everything you know, and love, and are used to...why would you want to leave these things? Well, maybe you have no choice. Many of these Navy vets had to move to the Ozarks where they didn't know anyone, had no family or social connections or friends... but I'm sure there are some clusters of these vets in these communities.

- Moore met an insurance exec in Detroit who said that they have been aware of these clusters of the retired Navy people in the Ozarks with the zip codes of many of these Navy vets for many years, and wondered why. But then when he heard of Moore's info, he said, "Now we know."

Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Planet x Hoax

Post  Floyd Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 am

If this non existent planet was real im afraid it would have been highly visible a long time ago. Guess what it isnt because it doesnt exist.

Meanwhile the fear diarrhea goes on no doubt...

If you are reading this at home kids dont worry..you are not going to be killed by a non existent planet so keep saving that pocket money

cut and paste job I know but its all you need to know

Planet X | Niburu hoax Calgon10

The planet "Nibiru" has a unique place in the constellation of 2012 claims. It's never been detected, cannot exist, and even if it was real (according to its promoter) isn't actually supposed to arrive until decades or even centuries after 2012. However, it's a very popular subject among both debunkers and proponents alike.
    Zecharia Sitchin

The fictional planet called ‘Nibiru’ was proposed by a self-taught scholar of Sumerian cuneiform named Zecharia Sitchin. In the book The Twelfth Planet (1976) Sitchin used an image from a particular Sumerian seal, along with his own translation of Sumerian cuneiform, to argue that the Sumerians knew of 12 planets in the solar system, that the 12th planet is Nibiru, that it orbits the sun once every 3,600 years, that beings (that the Sumerians called ‘gods’) live on it, that these beings arrived on Earth some 450,000 years ago, that they created humans by genetic engineering of female apes, and that basically we were their slaves, digging up their gold for them.

No, really. That’s his claim.1

Jason Colavito says of Sitchin: "… Sitchin has claimed that the Anunnaki genetically engineered humanity, that the space invaders tried to destroy humanity in a flood, and that someday the aliens will return and bring a Biblical-style judgment on mankind."2
    Poor scholarship

Sitchin leans heavily on translations of ancient texts, in particular his translations of ancient texts, which do not match the translations of other, more verified scholars. The SKeptic's DIctionary says of Sitchin:

Sitchin, like Velikovsky, presents himself as erudite and scholarly in a number of books, including The Twelfth Planet (1976) and The Cosmic Code (1998). Both Sitchin and Velikovsky write very knowledgeably of ancient myths and both are nearly scientifically illiterate. Like von Däniken and Velikovsky, Sitchin weaves a compelling and entertaining story out of facts, misrepresentations, fictions, speculations, misquotes, and mistranslations.3

In addition Sitchin ignores a vast body of research conducted by others, apparently because it conflicts with his interpretations. The examples are plentiful within The Twelfth Planet. For example, Hafernik points out:

Now we come to the word "shem". Much of Sitchin's interpretation revolves around the interpretation of this particular Biblical word. Interestingly, Kramer also looks into the meaning of the word "shem", but comes up with a study by a guy named Arno Poebel that describes a completely different alternate meaning from the one Sitchin promotes.

From "traditional" authorities, we see that shem is generally translated to mean "name", as it would be used in the sentence: Sam has made a name for himself. In this sense, it perhaps comes closer to "reputation" than the way we use the word "name" in modern English. Originally, it may also have meant "monument", a physical artifact that bore the name of something to be remembered.

All three of the translations of the Bible I checked (representing the reputations of hundreds of Biblical scholars) translate "shem" as "name". Asimov and Kramer go along with the rest. Sitchin argues that shem meant "monument", but that the monuments were copies of the rockets used by the ancient gods (space aliens).4

Poor translations

Sitchin has a habit of deciding what an ancient word really means in his personal, unique translation and then proceeding as if this is the end of the story, that nobody else's translations are more accurate, or that that other interpretations even exist. Many of his claims regarding the translation of Sumerian cuneiform are discussed in detail and debunked by Michael Heiser. In particular, one quote from Heiser jumps out:

In the texts that follow, Nibiru was regarded as a planet (specifically, Jupiter, but once as Mercury), a god (specifically, Marduk), and a star (distinguished from Jupiter).

If you’re confused, you aren’t alone. This tri-fold (fourfold if you count Mercury) designation for Nibiru is why scholars of cuneiform astronomy have not been able to determine with certainty what exactly Nibiru is. We’ll go into the problem more in later sections. One thing is certain from the texts, though: Nibiru is NEVER identified as a planet beyond Pluto.5

Poor science

Rob Hafernik is an aerospace engineer who worked on the NASA Shuttle program and has a page which completely debunks Sitchin’s 12th planet claims. On that page, Hafernik lays out the following summary of Sitchin's very odd ideas about the origins of the solar system:

Here's what he claimed happened (the numbering of the steps is my own, to make things easier to refer to later):

1) We started out with a solar system just like the one we have now, but the Earth and Moon are missing and there was a planet between Jupiter and Mars.

2) The planet Marduk arrived from outer space and passed near to Neptune. Marduk is a retrograde planet, orbiting in the opposite direction of all the others. Neptune's gravity bent its orbit so that it plunged down into the solar system (still against the grain, retrograde). At the same time, Neptune's gravity pulled a bulge in the side of Marduk (which was still plastic at this stage, it had just been formed).

3) The planet Marduk passed Uranus, where the bulge ripped open and several moons were pulled out of Marduk to orbit it. It's path was bent even more inward. As it pulled on Gaga, a moon of Saturn, Gaga was pulled loose and eventually became Pluto in its present day orbit.

4) Marduk approached Tiamat (the planet where the asteroid belt is now) and its gravity began to tear away bits of Tiamat.

5) Marduk missed hitting Tiamat, but its orbiting satellites delivered a mighty blow. They also exchanged lightening in the form of static electricity. Tiamat was cracked, but still together.

6) Marduk sailed out into deep space again, past Neptune.

7) When it came around again, Marduk smashed Tiamat all to hell. Half of Tiamat was destroyed and became the asteroid belt, the other half was hit sideways by one of Marduk's orbiting moons, knocked into the orbit of Earth and became the Earth. Kingu, one of Tiamat's satellites, went along with the broken half and became the Moon.

Cool Marduk continues in this orbit today, swinging out past Neptune and back into the Asteroid belt in a retrograde orbit that takes 3,600 years to complete.6

Another set of pages debunking Sitchin’s claims is a series by Ian Lawton entitled “The Mesopotamia Papers“.
    Nibiru not predicted for 2012

Here’s the big clincher; Sitchin’s original prediction of the appearance of Nibiru does not coincide with the 2012 date! According to Sitchin, Nibiru is not due to return until 2900! (Though he did say that the Annunaki might return by spaceship when the Age of Pisces moved to the Age of Aquarius sometime after 2090). So Sitchin doesn’t agree with the 2012ers! ( Or at least he didn’t until he started making money off of it; in the months leading to his death in 2010, he went somewhat quiet on the subject).
    Nibiru's impossible orbit

Nibiru's proposed orbit would be highly elliptical. So highly elliptical that it is for all intents and purposes a straight line, out and back. We know this because a simple mathematical relationship exists between the period and the length of the semi-major axis of the ellipse.7
    Kepler's Laws

German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler (1571–1630) discovered three laws of planetary motion. They are:

"The orbit of every planet is an ellipse with the sun at a focus."
    "A line joining a planet and the sun sweeps out equal areas during equal intervals of time."
    "The square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit."

Kepler's Laws applied to Nibiru

Since all planets orbit in ellipses with the Sun at one focus, Nibiru must go around the Sun, not just through the orbital paths of the planets.8
    All planets sweep out equal areas in equal time intervals, so Nibiru must move very slowly at it's aphelion, or furthest point from the Sun, and very fast at it's perihelion, or closest point.9
    The square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit. Since Nibiru's period is specified as 3,600 years, we can use Kepler's third law to determine something about its orbit.10

Kepler's third law can be expressed as:
    (1)
    a3=p2

where a is the length of the semi-major axis in astronomical units (AU) and p is the period, in years. Applying a little middle-school algebra to this, we get:
    (2)
    a=(p2)−−−√3

So, assuming that perihelion is at or near Earth's orbit (since it is supposed to come close to us, or even hit us), the distance d from the sun at aphelion is going to be 2a−1 (twice the semi-major axis, minus 1 AU). Adding this to our formula gives us:
    (3)
    d=2((p2)−−−√3)−1

Substituting our period (3600 years) gives us:
    (4)
    d=2((36002)−−−−−−√3)−1
    (5)
    d=2(12960000−−−−−−−√3)−1
    (6)
    d=2(234.892058)−1
    (7)
    d=469.784116−1
    (Cool
    d=468.784116

In other words, given a 3,600 year orbit that brings it to within 1 AU of the sun (the area of Earth's orbit) the far end of the orbit must be 469 AU out from the sun.

Just as a comparison point, Pluto is on average about 39.5 AU away from the Sun. It's year is about 248 earth years long. If we plug 248 into equation (2) above, we get 39.47 AU. We can see that the formula works.

Pluto's orbit is considered "highly elliptical". But it's not nearly as elliptical as the orbit proposed for Nibiru. Dr. Douglas Hamilton's 2D Orbital Elements calculator (after some trial and error) produces an orbit with an eccentricity of 0.995744. This produces an orbit with an approximate Perihelion distance of 1 AU, and a semi-major axis of 235. This is extremely eccentric.
    Nibiru's impossible orbit
    Image Unavailable
    A screengrab of the output of Dr. Hamilton's 2D Orbital Elements calculator

At nearly 470 AU, the gravity of the sun is negligible, almost non-existent. So as a result, Nibiru must be traveling close to the Sun's escape velocity when it comes within 1 AU of it. At a distance of 1 AU, the Sun's escape velocity is about 42km/s, so this is the speed at which Nibiru should be traveling (or a hair under it) in 2012. In comparison, the Earth's orbital velocity is a bit under 30km/s, Venus' is about 35km/s and Mercury's is 47.8. Nibiru would be whipping around the Sun nearly as quickly as Mercury.
    Unstable Orbit

The orbit described above would be highly unstable. A highly elliptical orbit is unstable because it will suffer drastically from the slightest perturbation - Jupiter's gravity would probably be enough to send Nibiru spiraling off to who knows where. Pluto's orbit is stabilized by Neptune, as Pluto is locked into a 2:3 orbital resonance with Neptune. The maths behind multiple body problems are nightmarish to sort out because they have no closed solutions (the objects all affect each other to such a degree that the orbits gradually precess), so professional astronomers use computers to perform these calculations. But you should understand this: As much as the fictional Nibiru would pull on other planets, those planets would also pull on Nibiru. With a long, thin ellipse as described, even the slightest nudge from the gravity of another object, even if that object is considerably smaller than Nibiru, would have a dramatic effect on Nibiru's orbit.11
    Nibiru undetected

In the last few years, the news has been full of new planets discovered around other stars. Usually these are discovered by the observed light curve from the star where the planet partially eclipses the star, or by the motion of the star as the planet causes it to wobble. Very recently we actually visually detected a planet orbiting Fomalhaut. We can see distant objects in our own solar system which would be much dimmer than Nibiru. Remember that Nibiru is large, supposedly earth-sized or larger. Some claim that it is in orbit around a 'dark star', which would be even larger.

Even though we can detect sub-stellar objects, and now, even planets around other stars, why can't we find Nibiru?

Some have even suggested that it is invisible! Really? There is a quote for that:

"The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." — Delos McKown

Nibiru should be Visible!

2012hoax contributor bikenbeer2000bikenbeer2000 has supplied us with the following table, calculated using the astronomy software suite StarryNight.

Here are the results of my Starry Night simulation of 'Nibiru'. This assumes an orbital period of 3,600 years and I have tweaked the perihelion distance to 0.984 AU (the same as the Earth's distance from the Sun on 21st December 2012) to ensure that it comes pretty close to us. The magnitude assumes an Earth-sized object. Corrections may be made to suit various crackpot predictions, as required. For example, for an object 4 times the diameter of the Earth, subtract 3.0 from the magnitudes. For a Jupiter-sized object, subtract 5.0.

Date Distance from Sun (AU) Magnitude
    2010 Jul 01 9.36 5.5
    2010 Oct 01 8.66 5.3
    2011 Jan 01 7.94 5.2
    2011 Apr 01 7.20 4.8
    2011 Jul 01 6.43 3.8
    2011 Oct 01 5.60 3.2
    2012 Jan 01 4.72 3.1
    2012 Apr 01 3.78 2.2
    2012 Jul 01 2.76 0.2
    2012 Oct 01 1.65 -3.8
    2012 Dec 21 0.98 -17.9

So as of August 2010, if Nibiru were the size of the Earth, it should be at least 5.5 Magnitude, visible as a dim star to the naked eye, but easily visible in a telescope. In fact, that is about the same magnitude of Uranus in August 2010. If it were 4 times the size of the Earth, it would be a magnitude 2.5, and if it were as big as Jupiter, it would be a 0.5, larger and brighter than Saturn, which is easily viewable in the Western sky just after sunset.
    Fraudulent "Nibiru" videos on YouTube

Since "Nibiru" is so easily debunked, we're surprised that anyone would make fraudulent videos claiming to show it. Nevertheless, such videos are indeed made, and apparently have a large viewership on YouTube. We've spent considerable time refuting those videos in our forums. We'll describe a few examples.

Faked images are common, as explained at length on our YouTube page. More insidious are cases where the perpetrator presents real footage he has taken of objects such as planets, but lies about the objects' identities. One of our members, bikenbeer2000bikenbeer2000, caught YouTuber jcattera in this type of fraud. Bikenbeer's analysis is illustrated in this post. (Actually, jcattera referred to the object as "Planet X", or the "Brown Dwarf", rather than "Nibiru", but he seems to use all three terms virtually interchangeably.)

For more about common techniques of making fraudulent (or honestly mistaken) "Nibiru" videos, please see our YouTube page.
    Conclusion

In conclusion: We have shown that Zecharia Sitchin is not a scholar of Sumerian cuneiform. He ignores a rich body of scholarship and develops his own unique and unsupported translations, mixing freely between languages as he sees fit. Serious scholars of Sumerian texts have challenged his work on issues of poor translations, poor scholarship, and special pleading. Sitchin's concept of Nibiru is not supported by the texts that he uses as the basis for his claims.

Sitchin's claims run counter to much that we know and understand about our solar system. There are fundamental flaws with Sitchin's claimed orbit for Nibiru, including the claim of its period and the position of its perihelion. Sitchin's claims for Nibiru's orbit are impossible: The claimed orbit would be highly unstable, and Nibiru would have been ejected from the solar system by the gravity of the gas giants long ago. When confronted with the lack of visual evidence, the proponents of Nibiru rely on special pleading (e.g., that Nibiru is invisible, unlit or hidden).
    Further Reading

http://www.2012hoax.org/nibiru
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

It's just another entertaining show Floyd - as you identified with a probable 'no show'. People will believe what they will. I'm more of wait and see. Meanwhile - just minding the chickens. Cow

Ironically, I'll be traveling on some of these dates and have no sense of foreboding. Meaning the journey will likely proceed without a hitch.

Here's something else again. There is no need to worry about the possibility of PX with all the following going on.

Solar Superstorm Could Knock Out U.S. Power
    http://www.weather.com/news/solar-superstorm-power-grid-20120806?pageno=1

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty PlanetX/Nibiru Hoax

Post  Jenetta Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:37 am

Well I just love Loreena McKennit and I find the video that Carol mentioned interesting in relation to the Kuiper Belt object....research done by Skyview...whatever Skyview is qualifications, etc.

Just for good measure I rewatched 2012 yesterday...you remember the flick where the flood comes sweeping over the Himalayas while the Himalayan monk is banging the gong.

Hawaii didn't fare too well in that movie much less any other part of our dear Mother Earth...how did it all start? Massive solar flares from the sun spewing out trillions of neutrinos which bombarded Earth heating up the inner core which destabilized the inner crust of the planet causing massive earthquakes and movement of the continental plates resulting in a polar shift.

Back to Loreena McKennitPlanet X | Niburu hoax 854501

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8TI1V7aPA4&feature=player_embedded

As below so above; As above so below
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:49 am

The projected Solar flares may effect other nations apart from US Power believe it or not but hey if electric circuits etc do get hit then break out the candles and have some fun. Have a romantic evening in with your lover and eat cold baked beans.

It certainly doesnt mean the end of the world like the imaginary Niburu or moon sized object lol. We have already had the fraudulent Nancy Leider telling us about plate movements and polar shifts that happened in 2003 and 2010 apparently. Must have been having a pint at the time and wisely so than rather listening to that crap lol.
    http://www.2012hoax.org/nancy-lieder

Fear doom blah blah blah

Last edited by Floyd on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty PlanetX/Nibiru Hoax

Post  Jenetta Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 am

WHAT BEGINS IN AQUARIUS ENDS IN AQUARIUS by Skyview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7w2flwBPCk&feature=relmfu

Planet X | Niburu hoax 992990 Rolling Eyes Planet X | Niburu hoax 992990 Rolling Eyes Planet X | Niburu hoax 992990 Rolling Eyes
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 am

Meanwhile new photographic evidence of Planet X/ Niburu below lol.

Planet X | Niburu hoax Ln4fda10
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 am

Q. What have Neverland,father Christmas,WMD's,Dodos,munchkins,Piloted comets,Olympic spaceship flypasts, moon sized objects originating in the kuiper belt and heading for earth lol and Planet Niburu got in Common

A. None of them actually exist.

The usual culprits for fear mongering, misinformers, hoaxers, doomologists,charlatans, profiteers and people who are deluded into thinking of themselves as scientists and astronomers when they most certainly are not, use awful youtube videos with moody music in the background to help demonstrate the imminent arrival of such large objects. Many of them are so bad they are actually very funny.

Fraudulent "Nibiru" videos on YouTube

Since "Nibiru" is so easily debunked, we're surprised that anyone would make fraudulent videos claiming to show it. Nevertheless, such videos are indeed made, and apparently have a large viewership on YouTube. We've spent considerable time refuting those videos in our forums. We'll describe a few examples.

Faked images are common, as explained at length on our YouTube page. More insidious are cases where the perpetrator presents real footage he has taken of objects such as planets, but lies about the objects' identities. One of our members, bikenbeer2000bikenbeer2000, caught YouTuber jcattera in this type of fraud. Bikenbeer's analysis is illustrated in this post. (Actually, jcattera referred to the object as "Planet X", or the "Brown Dwarf", rather than "Nibiru", but he seems to use all three terms virtually interchangeably.)

For more about common techniques of making fraudulent (or honestly mistaken) "Nibiru" videos, please see our YouTube page.

http://www.2012hoax.org/youtube

Luckily, the same medium is used by rational people.

Bring on Planet Z baby!
    Oooyeah 1
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Enlightened
    Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

The analysis of the orbits of the objects that lie beyond Neptune seems to suggest the existence of another planet, as yet unknown, in the Solar System. The audacious idea came from Rodney Gomes, an astronomer at the NO (National Observatory), in Rio de Janeiro.

A specialist in orbital dynamics, Gomes reached a high degree of respectability through previous studies that suggested that Uranus and Neptune may have changed positions early in the history of the solar system. He presented his latest findings at the meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

Astronomers present thought that the work is solid, but point out, rightly, that there is still much lacking to be able to say that such a planet exists. Gomes himself agrees.

One problem is that there are multiple possibilities that explain the pattern seen in the orbits of the Kuiper belt objects (of which Pluto, a former planet, is a part), which Gomes investigated.

A new planet would explain, for example, the strange orbit of a Pluto-like object, called Sedna, and a population of similar celestial bodies with dimensions too small to be taken as planets, which follow very oval orbits. more at link

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Earlier this month, at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Timberline Lodge, Ore., Rodney Gomes, an astronomer from the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro, announced the results of his simulation of a region beyond Pluto known as the "scattered disk," suggesting the presence of an as yet to be discovered massive world.

Discovery News Video - Space: 3 Questions: Exoplanets: http://news.discovery.com/videos/space-3-questions-exoplanets.html

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Adjust your compass now: the north pole is migrating to Russia
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/adjust-your-compass-now-the-north-pole-is-migrating-to-russia-2233610.html

May 28, 2012 - Planet X Fears Grow After Norway Quake Moves North Pole 1,000 Kilometers
    A new report by the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) circulating in the Kremlin today on this past weeks violent shaking of the Norwegian Sea floor after it was hit by a powerful 6.2 magnitude earthquake at the shallow depth of 8.8 km (5.5 miles) states that this event also caused an “unexpected and rapid” shifting of the magnetic North Pole by nearly 1,000 km (621 miles) these scientists claim can only be attributed to as an yet unidentified planet in our solar system recently confirmed to exist by one of the world’s top astronomers from the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro.

Unknown to most people, and as reported by London’s Independent newspaper, the magnetic north pole is moving faster than at any time in human history, threatening everything from the safety of modern transport systems to the traditional navigation routes of migrating animals.

Scientists say that magnetic north, which for two centuries has been in the icy wilderness of Canada, is currently relocating towards Russia at a rate of about 40 miles a year. The speed of its movement has increased by a third in the past decade, prompting speculation that the field could be about to “flip”, causing compasses to invert and point south rather than north, something that happens between three and seven times every million years.

Already the phenomenon is causing problems in the field of aviation. Tampa International airport in Florida has just spent a month renaming its three runways, which in common with those at most US airports are identified using numbers that correspond to the direction, in degrees, that they face on a compass. "Everything had to be changed; it was a huge project," Brenda Geoghagan, a spokeswoman for the airport, said.

Records indicate that the pole's location barely moved in the early decades, but in about 1904, it began tracking north-east at a rate of about nine miles a year. That speed increased significantly from about 1989, possibly because of a "plume" of magnetism deep below ground. The pole is now believed to be heading towards Siberia at about 37 miles each year.

Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Planet X disinfo

Post  Floyd Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 am

Off course the first article in the post you link above does not mention Planet X at all neither in its Niburu sense nor in its PX sense.

There is no link to the second passage nor mention of the names of the Russian scientists or where the reports are available. The link between a Planet x is not mentioned in the report, nor in any study if there is one I presume but just misleadingly suggested by the articles author. Where is the study by Russian scientists linking Planet X to magnetic north movement????

By adding a title

Planet X Fears Grow After Norway Quake Moves North Pole 1,000 Kilometers

to an article that references other articles that make no reference to a Planet X effecting earth and spreading it all over the internet as you may google is a classic example of misrepresentation and misinformation. Note the word Fear. Its very suggestible isnt it but there are no fears to be had in reality. What fears grow and who is in fear apart from who he says so? What a plonker. The scientist make no mention of Niburu or X effecting earth because there isnt one. A classic example of how an internet hoax is perpetuated.

This is a great example of how misinfo and fear is spread on the internet so
    thanks for posting it Carol as hopefully some can learn from it and in future detect what kind of BS to ignore.

Additionally even if Gomes' theories are correct there is no reason to believe that any objects in the kuiper belt would be 'moved' towards earth, not that he suggests that himself but others may.

It is quite simply bad science and yet more fear mongering.

There are also no proven links between distant hypothetical planets that are not moving towards earth in any way and geophysical activity on this planet.

Additionally, even at its current rate, it would take literally thousands of years for a magnetic shift to take place and that incidentally also has nothing to do with an hypothetical planet that is not moving towards.

From the link you posted above that makes no mention of Planet X whatsoever:
    "No one can predict the impact of "polar reversal", during which magnetic north and south reverse, since one hasn't happened for 780,000 years, the longest stable period in the past 5 million years. Some geologists think we could be about to find out, though: they believe that the current changes to magnetic north could be the early stages of a "flip". But Mr Love says we shouldn't be too concerned. "Reversals typically take about 10,000 years to happen," he said. "And 10,000 years ago civilisation did not exist. These processes are slow, and therefore we don't have anything to worry about."
    No one can predict the impact of "polar reversal", during which magnetic north and south reverse, since one hasn't happened for 780,000 years, the longest stable period in the past 5 million years. Some geologists think we could be about to find out, though: they believe that the current changes to magnetic north could be the early stages of a "flip". But Mr Love says we shouldn't be too concerned. "Reversals typically take about 10,000 years to happen," he said. "And 10,000 years ago civilisation did not exist. These processes are slow, and therefore we don't have anything to worry about."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/adjust-your-compass-now-the-north-pole-is-migrating-to-russia-2233610.html

It is important to discern the difference between an hypothetical planet (x), a mythical planet (Niburu), and to understand how long it would take for a magnetic shift to take place.

The rest can go in the bin as misinformation and fear mongering
    sunny

Last edited by Floyd on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 am; edited 9 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 am

I think it is very important to understand that the science behind a possible planet on the outskirts of the solar system and a non existent Niburu postulated by channelers and pseudos are two very different things. Clearly one is not the same as the other.

Im half tempted to write to Prof. Gomes to ask what he thinks about the pseudos using his hypothesis to substantiate the existence an earthbound giant full of aliens that causes earthquakes and volcanoes on earth lol.

Last edited by Floyd on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Planet X | Niburu hoax Empty Niburo hoax

Post  Floyd Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 am

The free software the guy who made this video (in vid 1)refers to is called celestia and is excellent. Download link below. Ive been using for some home made planetarium show for a laugh.

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

This guy puts the Niburu bullshit to bed once and for all. Part two (part one above)

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 am

Floyd, I'm not into fear mongering. Quite the opposite. This is now entertainment. You know how it is with elders - we find entertainment where we can. Insanely Happy

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:44 am

If one is not an insider, of some sort, it's probably next to impossible to know what's really going on. The hoaxes and misunderstandings might be tame compared to the hidden realities of life in this solar system. I am very concerned about our future -- but I have been reduced to producing a strange type of science-fiction which seeks to approximate possible hidden realities. Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily lead to a happy existence. I keep being very hesitant to 'wake people up' when it is so difficult to know what's really going on. I'm on the verge of writing some sci-fi which might not have much to do with what we've been dealing with over the past several years. I think the mental-health of the general-public should be a top consideration. Would the real truth about life, the universe, and everything make the general-public go crazy?? Thank-you for allowing me to conduct a rather extensive (and sometimes shrill) experiment within the Mists. This was probably the right setting for such a venture -- but the results have been very mixed. Should I write a book -- or should I just shut-up?? Please give me some guidance in this matter. I have no idea what to do at this point. They have ways to make me stop. Many ways.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:24 am