tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
Swanny
Carol
Pris
7 posters

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

mudra
    mudra

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:35 am

Seth on Change

Seth: "All of your present experience was drawn from probable reality. During your life, any event must come through your creaturehood, with the built-in time recognition that is so largely a part of your neurological structure; so usually there is a lag, a lapse in time, during which your beliefs cause material actualization. When you try to change your convictions in order to change your experience, you also have to first stop the momentum that you have already built up, so to speak. You are changing the messages while the body is used to reacting smoothly, unquestioningly, to a certain set of beliefs.
    There is a steady even flow in which conscious activity through the neurological structure brings about events, and a familiar pattern of reaction is established. When you alter these conscious beliefs through effort, then a period of time is necessary while the structure learns to adjust to the new preferred situation. If beliefs are changed overnight, comparatively less time is required.
    In a manner of speaking, each belief can be seen as a powerful station, pulling to it from fields of probabilities only those signals to which it is attuned, and blocking out all others. When you set up a new station there may be some static or bleed-through from an old one for a while.
    Any ability you have, then, can be "brought in more clearly," amplified, and become practical rather than probable. But in such a case you must concentrate upon the attribute — not, for example, upon the fact that you have not used it well thus far."
    Session 565, The Nature of Personal Reality
    © L. Davies Butts

I recall at least one other passage when Seth speaks about difficulties that may arise for a certain period when beliefs are changed until the new beliefs take full effect.
    Similar to "When you set up a new station there may be some static or bleed-through from an old one for a while."

ClearWater likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 E6713610

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 am

Magic Show

What magicians we all are,
    turning darkness into light,
    transforming invisible atoms
    into the dazzling theater
    of the world,
    pulling objects,
    (people as well
    as rabbits)
    out of secret
    microscopic closets,
    turning winter into summer,
    making a palmful of moments
    disappear through time's trap door.

We learned the methods
    so long ago
    that they're unconscious,
    and we've hypnotized ourselves
    into believing
    that we're the audience,
    so I wonder where we served
    our apprenticeship.
    Under what master magicians did we learn
    to form reality
    so smoothly that we forgot to tell ourselves
    the secret?

Jane Roberts, 1979 - from The Magical Approach - Seth Speaks about the art of creative living
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 am

Seth material and Jane Roberts
    By Linda Madden Dahl

http://seth-material.blogspot.com/2010/07/seth-talk.html?m=1
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 56189810
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:16 pm

"...my water self flows..."

Seth on the language of love

You may have seen Rob Toth's post here, where Seth speaks about some characteristics of the relationship between man and the weather. That passage is originally from session 776 of Seth's book "The Nature of the Psyche", where Seth speaks about "the language of love". I could not resist, I had to share some excerpts of Seth's stunning elucidation. As usual, there is much, much more to read in this session.

Seth: "Dictation. There are channels of interrelatedness, connecting all physical matter — channels through which consciousness flows.

In those terms of which I am speaking, man's identification with nature allowed him to utilize those inner channels. He could send his own consciousness swimming, so to speak, through many currents, in which other kinds of consciousness merged. I said that the language of love was the one basic language, and I mean that quite literally.

Man loved nature, identified with its many parts, and added to his own sense of being by joining into its power and identifying with its force.

It is not so much that he personified the elements of nature as that he threw his personality into its elements and rode them, so to speak. As mentioned, love incites the desire to know, explore, and communicate with the beloved; so language began as man tried to express his love for the natural world.

Initially language had nothing to do with words, and indeed verbal language emerged only when man had lost a portion of his love, forgotten some of his identification with nature, so that he no longer understood its voice to be his also. In those early days man possessed a gargantuan arena for the expression of his emotions. He did not symbolically rage with the storms, for example, but quite consciously identified with them to such a degree that he and his tribesmen merged with the wind and lightning, and became a part of the storms' forces. They felt, and knew as well, that the storms would refresh the land, whatever their fury.

(...)

Long pause.) A person's identity was private, in that man always knew who he was. He was so sure of his identity that he did not feel the need to protect it, so that he could expand his awareness in away now quite foreign to you.

(Long pause at 10:00.) Give us a moment. . .

Take the English sentence: "I observe the tree." If that original language had words, the equivalent would be: "As a tree, I observe myself."

(Long pause at 10:03.) Or: 'Taking on my tree nature, I rest in my shade." Or even: "From my man nature, I rest in the shade of my tree nature." A man did not so much stand at the shore looking down at the water, as he immersed his consciousness within it. Man's initial curiosity did not involve seeing, feeling, or touching the object's nature as much as it involved a joyful psychic exploration in which he plunged his consciousness, rather than, say, his foot into the stream — though he did both.

If that language I speak of had been verbal, man never would have said: 'The water flows through the valley." Instead, the sentence would have read something like this: "Running over the rocks, my water self flows together with others in slippery union." That translation is not the best, either. Man did not designate his own as the only kind of consciousness by any means. He graciously thanked the tree that gave him shade, for example, and he understood that the tree retained its own identity even when it allowed his awareness to join with it.

In your terms, the use of language began as man lost this kind of identification. I must stress again that the identification was not symbolic, but practical, daily expression. Nature spoke for man, and man for nature."

session 776 of Seth's book "The Nature of the Psyche"

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:00 am

Letter from Seth:

"Dear Correspondent:

<snip>

My purpose is not to solve your Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 256d4410
    for you, but to put you in touch with your own power. My purpose is not to come between you and your own freedom by giving you "answers," even to the most tragic of problems. My purpose is to reinforce your own strength, for ultimately the magic of your being is well equipped to help you find fulfillment, understanding, exuberance, and peace.

<snip>

If I presume to solve problems for you, then I deny you your own power, and further reinforce any feelings of powerlessness that you have."

Introductory Notes

By Robert F. Butts

Unknown Reality Volume One

© L. Davies Butts

Last edited by mudra on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 9c3adf10

"When I speak of the dream world, I am not referring to some imaginary realm, but to the kind of world of ideas, of thoughts, of mental actions, out of which all form as you think of it emerges. In actuality this is an inner universe rather than an inner world. Your physical reality is but one materialization of that inner organization. All possible civilizations exist first in that realm of inner mind.

(Long pause.) In the beginning, then, the species did not have the kinds of forms they do now. They had pseudoforms—dream bodies, if you prefer—and they could not physically reproduce themselves. Their experience of time was entirely different, and in the beginning the entire earth operated in a kind of dream time. In your terms, this meant that time could be quickened, or lengthened. It was a kind of psychological time.

Again, forms appeared and disappeared. (Pause.) In your terms of time, however, the dream bodies took on physical forms. Physical reproduction was impossible. That did not happen to all of the species at once, however. For a while, then, the earth had a mixed population of species who had completely taken on physical forms, and species who had not. The forms, however, whether physical or not, were complete in themselves. Birds were birds, and fish fish.

(9:30.) In the beginning there were also species of various other kinds: combinations of man-animal and animal-man, and many other “crossbreed” species, some of fairly long duration in your terms. This applies to all areas. There were dream trees, with dream foliage, that gradually became aware within that dream (with gentle emphasis), turning physical, focusing more and more in physical reality, until their dream seeds finally brought forth physical trees.

There may be other terms I could use, in some ways more advantageous than the term, “the dream world.” I am emphasizing this dream connection, however, because the dream state is one familiar to each reader, and it represents your closest touchstone to the kind of subjective reality from which your physical world emerges. The dream state appears chaotic, shadowy, suspicious, or even meaningless, precisely because in life you are so brilliantly focused in daily reality that dreams appear to be staticky objective background noise, left over from when you sleep. But that is how physical experience would seem to someone not focused in it, or inexperienced with its organization.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

Each one carries hints and clues about the others. In the terms used by science, there was no evolution in linear terms, but vast (long pause) explosions of consciousness, expansions of capacities, unfoldings on the parts of all species, and these still continue. They are the inner manipulations with which consciousness presents itself."

—DEaVF1 Chapter 2: Session 887, December 5, 1979
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 am

I have been encouraged to share this post in the group. First, from Seth:

"Ruburt was correct: your spontaneous creative self dwells in Framework 2. There, your nature is intimately known, with all of its unique characteristics and capabilities. There, automatically, computations are made so that you will meet, in Framework 1, with the necessary opportunities, situations, or whatever it is that your circumstances require.

Those desires of yours, that are fitting to your nature, will automatically come to pass, unless you block them through disadvantageous beliefs. They cannot be blocked by others. If they seem to be blocked by others, that assumption is incorrect, based on ignorance.

(...)

Those desires that are in keeping with your nature meet no resistance. They are in fact promoted automatically.

(...)

The way of least resistance is always followed for desires that are fulfilling and fitting to your nature.

The only impediments are those you impose through your negative beliefs.

Because the organization is so different, however, in a way you must forget cause and effect, for things fall into place almost in a circular fashion.

Even when nothing shows in Framework 1, if you have properly inserted your desire there, then all the proper circumstances and conditions are being brought together. Again, they may suddenly appear, or they may not appear in the order in which you think they should, because your vision must be limited in comparison to that available in Framework 2.“

Deleted Session November 5,1977 9:42 Pm Saturday

© L. Davies Butts

I would LOVE to hear examples in people's lives of specific instances of how knowing the Seth material has manifested for them in Framework 1. To that end, I post the following:

I am a professional cellist. Below is my story that I wrote for my upcoming book of how this principle expounded on by Seth above came about in my life, many years before I actually knew about Seth. It is a good illustration of the power of manifestation, to thought that is unencumbered by resistance:

“My second cello was a Postiglione cello, which I bought in 1985 from the well-known cellist Matt Haimovitz when he was acquiring his Gofriller cello. My parents were not of substantial means and could in no way afford the $35,000 price tag (that’s nearly $85,000 in 2020 dollars). So, without relying on their financial support, how did I do it?

“I altered my mindset. The story of my mindset shift is central to this book, so I will relate it fully, here. Prior to purchasing the cello, I played on it for a few months due to the generosity of the owners. After that time, I definitely felt that it was my cello. I had bonded with it and couldn’t imagine not playing on it anymore. So, the time came for an ultimatum. Pay for the cello in full by Friday or return it. I couldn’t keep it any longer without paying for it. I was devastated. I had no idea how on earth we were going to pay for it. On Thursday night, the evening before the deadline, I was all tied up in knots. I had to find a way to get this cello! It was MINE.

“At that point, a Bible verse came to mind. One I had read many times, one of the most familiar passages in that much-loved book. It was the 23rd Psalm, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” It hit me like a ton of bricks. Now, it doesn’t matter what your cosmology is, that verse is a universal Truth, in whatever form it is meaningful to you. The Lord, or the Universe, or Source, or whatever you wish to call it, is my Shepherd, my guide. I shall not want. All of a sudden, I saw the two meanings of that phrase.

1) I shall not want anything, any item. I needed to release a sense of possession of this particular cello, because I didn’t really know whether it was destined to be mine. It could have been that there was something better in store for me! Being attached to the specific outcome of me getting that cello was misguided. So, I released that feeling of possession.

2) I shall not want also means I shall not be in want; I shall not lack anything. I will always have everything I need to be of service, to grow into the best expression of me that I can. It makes no sense for me to be provided with a talent, and not the means to express that talent.

“With those two full realizations sweeping over me, I literally felt all the anxiety and dread drain from my body. Instead, I felt a sense of peace and calm wash over me that was truly transformative. I was able to go to sleep with no fear of what would happen. I had a calm assurance that everything would be okay, no matter the specific outcome.

“The next morning, around 8 AM, I got a call from a family friend who knew of the situation. He said “I understand you are trying to buy a cello. How much is it?” I told him the $35,000 price tag. He said, “I will buy it for you.”

Wow.

“At this point, it is important to realize how the shift in my mindset allowed this to happen. The money was always there, in the hands of this family friend. He could have mentioned earlier that he would like to help out. But he didn’t. He didn’t know about any deadlines. He didn’t know it was now or never. He just got the idea, at the right and perfect time, that now was the time to call and make his offer. Beautiful! Thus, began my very first foray into playing on a cello owned by another individual. He wired the money to us right away. We paid for the cello. And this great cello, which I had totally released from my clutches, was now mine to play on for good. I still get choked up with emotion when I tell this story, such was the power of the mental transformation for me. I was completely thrilled.”

Taken from the manuscript of the upcoming book "Launch Pad to Your Strad" (c) 2020 Rajan Krishnaswami all rights reserved

It should be added that a mere two years later, I upgraded to a better cello under very similar circumstances. A better cello fell in my lap, and two days before the deadline, someone I had NO idea had any money contacted me, and I met with him and he agreed to put up the rest of the money for that one. And then, 13 years later, I got 10 people to buy a million dollar cello for me - which changed my life - because by that point, I KNEW I could do it. I had the expectation. So, this manifestation kept growing and growing after the initial shift. ---Rajan

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:51 am

"The bones that you call your own will lie a long time in the grave. The physical beings of those that you know change even as I speak. What joy and creativity you can give, then give. What affirmation you can speak, speak. This life is as important as any other life, and none of you attempt to deny the abilities of another for in doing this you speak against creativity. Therefore, it behooves all of you, on a part of all that you are, to expect the best of yourselves and the best of those with whom you are in contact. But the moment is intimate and the voice that speaks beside you in the night, in your terms, will not speak for long, therefore, comfort it when you can."

"I have one point before I close, and it does not deal with concepts except as emotion is concept. Some of you will know to whom I am speaking, but I am speaking also to each of you in this room. There are human beings on the face of this earth who do not know what love means, or companionship. Who so not have parents, who do not have sisters or brothers who understand an isolation that is bleak and cold even if it is of their own making. Each of you in this room who has the opportunity to share with another then know that is grace and be thankful for that which you experience. And do not underestimate what you have. There are personalities who have traveled through the centuries, literally, without an understanding, and if this was their reality and if it was their own making, still be glad that it is not yours and accept those relationships that you now have and realize their potential and do not close yourselves off to stupid pride and through barriers of your own making.

Now the atoms and molecules that compose you are glorious impermanent things, and through the leadership of your consciousness have you led them to consciousness and song and through you do they experience what you experience. And through your organization do they understand realities that would otherwise be denied them. And when each of you come together in a personal relationship are you then glorifying and adding to the reality of the consciousness that is within those atoms and molecules. You know each other in each life a brief time. What joy and comfort you can give, then give. What support you can render, render. Do you not realize that by doing this you become more than you think you are? And I am not speaking to any of you in terms of self-sacrifice for there is no such thing, and there is no such road, and I do not advocate it. But if you demand the best that is within you then you become more than you realize that you are, and you must also demand more from the other persons within your relationship. All of you, therefore, that are married and have such relationships must inspire each other regardless of what you all know of the nature of reality.

The bones that you call your own will lie a long time in the grave. The physical beings of those that you know change even as I speak. What joy and creativity you can give, then give. What affirmation you can speak, speak. This life is as important as any other life, and none of you attempt to deny the abilities of another for in doing this you speak against creativity. Therefore, it behooves all of you, on a part of all that you are, to expect the best of yourselves and the best of those with whom you are in contact. But the moment is intimate and the voice that speaks beside you in the night, in your terms, will not speak for long, therefore, comfort it when you can."

—TECS3 ESP Class Session, April 27, 1971
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:28 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 0b297910

Seth on how mass events are created

Seth: "When you turn on a television set the picture seems to come out of nowhere onto the screen — yet that picture is the result of order precisely focused.

Actors visit casting agencies so that they know what plays need their services. In your dreams you visit "casting agencies." You are aware of the various plays being considered for physical production. In the dream state, then, often you familiarize yourself with dramas that are of a probable nature. If enough interest is shown, if enough actors apply, if enough resources are accumulated, the play will go on. When you are in other than your normally conscious state, you visit that creative inner agency in which all physical productions must have their beginning. You meet with others, who for their own reasons are interested in the same kind of drama. Following our analogy, the technicians, the actors, the writers all assemble — only in this case the result will be a live event rather than a televised one. There are disaster films being planned, educational programs, religious dramas. All of these will be encountered in full-blown physical reality.

Such events occur as a result of individual beliefs, desires, and intents. There is no such thing as a chance encounter. No death occurs by chance, nor any birth. In the creative atmosphere of Framework 2, intents are known. In a manner of speaking, no act is private. Your communication systems bring to your living room notices of events that occur throughout the world. Yet that larger inner system of communications is far more powerful in scope, and each mental act is imprinted in the multidimensional screen of Framework 2. That screen is available to all, and in other levels of consciousness, particularly in the sleep and dreaming stages, the events of that inner reality are as everpresent and easily accessible as physical events are when you are awake.

(10:40.) It is as if Framework 2 contains an infinite information service, that instantly puts you in contact with whatever knowledge you require, that sets up circuits between you and others, that computes probabilities with blinding speed. Not with the impersonality of a computer, however, but with a loving intent that has your best purposes in mind — yours and also those of each other individual.

You cannot gain what you want at someone else's detriment, then. You cannot use Framework 2 to force an event upon another person. Certain prerequisites must be met, you see, before a desired end can become physically experienced.

Sess 815 - The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events

© L. Davies Butts

"Such events occur as a result of individual beliefs, desires, and intents. There is no such thing as a chance encounter. "

There is a most interesting passage Violeta Irina Chirita has shared some time ago which emphasizes the role which the individual actually plays in mass events.

Seth [speaking to Rob here]:

"(To me:) Since your birth a probability has occurred that you could have followed, in which your wars did not happen. There is another probability in which the Second World War ended in nuclear destruction, and you did not enter that one either. You chose "this" probable reality in order to ask certain questions about the nature of man — seeing him where he wavered equally between creativity and destruction, knowledge and ignorance; but a point that contained potentials for the most auspicious kinds of development, in your eyes. The same applies to Ruburt."

The nature of the psyche, Session 797

© L. Davies Butts

...with thanks to Violeta Irina Chirita

So Robert Butts had a choice during his lifetime to choose a probability in which those wars (WW II, Korea, Vietnam etc.) did not happen. Also he could have followed a probability in which the Second World War ended in nuclear destruction. The same applied to Jane. Also she had choices - for herself of course. That is a most amazing clarification from Seth about the role our individual beliefs are playing.  
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:55 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 Eaeeb410

Seth: "The most I can do is to acquaint you with the authority of your own psyche -- to give you a trust in the nature of your being. For, if you trust what you are, you can never go wrong in whatever terms you use. You can fly through belief systems as a butterfly flies through back yards."

THE SAFE UNIVERSE SETH CLASS SESSION JULY 12, 1975

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 B2d08810

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:05 pm

"Your acts ripple outward in ways that you do not understand, interacting with the experience of others, and hence forming world events. The most famous and the most anonymous person are connected through such a fabric, and an action seemingly small and innocuous can end up changing history as you understand it."
    ~ NotP Chapter 7: Session 780, June 22, 1976

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm

"You are a MULTIDIMENSIONAL personality. Trust the miracle of your own being. Make no divisions between the physical and the spiritual in your lifetimes, for the spiritual speaks with a physical voice and the corporeal body is the creation of the spirit.
    Do not place the words of gurus, ministers, priests, scientists, psychologists, friends — or my words — higher than the feelings of your own being. You can learn much from others, but the deepest knowledge must come from within yourself. Your own consciousness is embarked upon a reality that basically can be experienced by no other, that is unique and untranslatable, with its own meaning, following its own paths of becoming.
    You share an existence with others who are experiencing their own journeys in their own ways, and you have journeying in common, then. Be kind to yourself and to your companions."
    Seth/Jane Roberts, The Nature of Personal Reality, session 677

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:43 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 78a95d10

[...] Rich made a statement to the effect that he found it difficult to maintain any kind of a relationship with any woman who did not subscribe wholeheartedly to Seth's ideas. Seth returned, speaking very softly, yet emphatically, and principally to Rich.

Seth: "Now, there are people who are quite involved with my ideas who do not know my name! There are people, believe it or not, on the face of the earth, who are fairly content with their lot, and they do not know my name! They know themselves. They are aware of the vitality of their being, and they do not need me to tell them that they are important. The flowers and the cats and the frogs and the trees do not need me to tell them that they are important, and there are people who do not need me either, for that reason. For they recognize the vitality of their own being, and they have ignored the belief systems of their times. They are ancient children. They may not read philosophy. They listen to the wind. They watch the behavior of the seasons, and they listen to their hearts. They do not need to read my books. They could have written my books if they could write.
    They are the voices of nature and of the seasons, and they recognize their origin though they are not educated in your terms. And their heart speaks information that their intellect cannot possibly interpret, and in your terms would they seem indeed ignorant. They tend a tiny garden. They speak words that would make no sense to you, Rich, for they would not be intellectual. They would babble nonsense that in intellectual terms would make no sense!
    Yet would you recognize such a person! And the love within their being! They do not have to recognize Seth's ideas, but to recognize and enjoy the validity of their being. I speak to those who do not recognize the validity of their being. Those who recognize it have no need of me."

Rich asked: "Don't you speak for more reasons than just that also?"

Seth: "There are those, my dear friend, who do not need me, for they are content. They are content because they realize in the depths of their heart, the joy of their own being. There are those who recognize the authority of their own psyche as it speaks to them in their private experience, and they do not necessarily even know the term 'psychic experience.' They, in your terms, may be ignorant. They may prattle — or sound confused. They are as wise and as crafty as a flower. They do not need intellectual concepts because they understand the nature of love and the nature of the soul.
    If you were satisfied with the nature of your existence, you would not be here. There are those who are satisfied, and they do not need my voice. They find sufficient reinforcement from the dawn and the twilight. They find sufficient reinforcement in their parents and in their children. They find sufficient reinforcement from their dreams and from their waking experience, and they may seem simple to you.
    They may build ditches, or throw sawdust hour after hour, as you did. And yet they trust the simple authority of the twilight and the dawn. Speak to them of Seth and the word is meaningless. They do not need me. They do not need my voice, because they heed the voices of the oak trees and of the birds, and of their own being, and, let me tell you, in certain terms, I am a poor imitation of the voices of your own psyches to which you do not listen!
    I speak to the world with it, and try to arouse within your beings the great exultation that you realize is your own. If you had it you would not be here! You sense it and you want it and I have it — but so do you! But the child does not need to listen to me. He is his own Seth and his own Sumari. And you have your own Seth and your own Sumari within you. I will be unneeded as all the ancient gods are unneeded, and gladly so, when you realize that the vitality and the reinforcement and the joy is your own, and rises from the fountain of your own being, and when you realize that you do not need me for protection, for there is nothing that you need to protect yourselves against — you are as innocent as the dawn or the twilight — as innocent as if you were created in this moment. You are innocent! There is nothing — no crime — you are guilty of — no penance you need do, dear Pan! Do not insist therefore (to Rich) as you have been, that a woman understand my words — only that she understand the messages that spring from her own soul."

Rich: "The question in my mind is, will that be enough for me?"

Seth: "If a woman understands the messages of her own soul, what is there that you could require? Understand the messages from your own soul, and then when you have so understood, put the question to me again!"

*The Safe Universe Seth Class Session - July 12, 1975

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:46 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 9b170e10

DREAM SHADOWS

“Now, using an analogy only, let me explain that your thoughts and feelings also give off shadows (intently) that we will here call hallucinations. They are quite valid. They have as strong a part to play in dream reality as shadows do in the physical world. They are beautiful in themselves. They add to the entire picture. A shadow of a tree cools the ground. It affects the environment. So hallucinations alter the environment, but in a different way and at another level of reality. In the dream world hallucinations are like conscious shadows. They are not passive, nor is their shape dependent upon their origin. They have their own abilities.

When you, a dream tourist, wander about the inner landscape with your mental camera, however, it may take a while before you are able to tell the difference between dream events and their shadows or hallucinations. So you may take pictures of the shadows instead of the trees, and end up with a fine composition indeed — but one that would give you somewhat of a distorted version of inner reality. So you must learn how to aim and focus your dream camera.

Since these are far more lively than ordinary shadows, and are definitely more colorful, they may be more difficult to distinguish at first. You must remember that you are wandering through a mental or psychic landscape. You can stand before the shadow of a friend in the afternoon, in waking reality, and snap your fingers all you want to, but your friend’s shadow will not move one whit. It will certainly not disappear because you tell it to. In the dream world, however, any hallucination will vanish immediately as soon as you recognize it as such, and tell it to go away. It was cast originally by your own thought or feeling, and when you withdraw that source, then its “shadow” is automatically gone."

— UR2 Section 5: Session 720 November 13, 1974

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:11 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 88bc6e10
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:20 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 Enjoyment-quote-1-picture-quote-1

Seth: "Negative expectations, far from protecting either the individual or those with whom he comes in contact, will actually, to a greater or lesser degree, turn as destructive as any epidemic."

Seth: "You of all people should realize that when valid concern for world problems turns into an obsession with world injustices that wipes out all, or threatens to wipe out all personal enjoyment, then trouble is on the way. For enjoyment is a weapon. The man who is capable of joy is capable, to a large extent, of changing his world."

Seth: "Such newspapers as you read do a definite service, that should not be overlooked or thoughtlessly condemned.

They definitely open the eyes of many who would otherwise pay no attention."

Seth: "What I want, here, is the balance. Neither plunge yourself into the ignorance, doubts and injustices, so that you can see nothing else, nor close your eyes to them. But there must be a place within you where these do not exist, or the freedom of the inner self will be hampered, as far as its connection with the ego is concerned."

In context:

Seth: "The basic source of your difficulty [Rob's illness] was not new. It did not even, except superficially, represent a dangerous lapse or relapse on your part, into those truly dangerous and quite disastrous negative battles of thoughts, which eventually in any individual can and often do lead the integrated self into annihilation.

The illness did represent, however, a needed warning, materialized into physical reality as illness. A warning that after all there had been a recent tendency on your part, though slight, to slide into negative thinking. The illness was meant to bring you up short, to make you think.

It was no coincidence, however, that you plunged into reading the New York papers during your stay in bed. Not that it is intended that you should close your eyes to world events, but that in your particular case there are times when, to you, such concentration upon world evils becomes extremely unwholesome.

Your reactions at such times are not good for yourself, and your reactions are not good at such times for the conditions which bring them about. Such reactions actually worsen the conditions that you would change. I am not suggesting that you adopt a bland, idiotic, male Pollyanna smile, nor that you shout love, prosperity and health from the rooftops while the world below is steeped in poverty and ignorance.

However it is your duty, and the duty of every individual insofar as it is within his power, to maintain his own psychic health and vitality; according to the strength of this vitality he will protect himself and others. Negative expectations, far from protecting either the individual or those with whom he comes in contact, will actually, to a greater or lesser degree, turn as destructive as any epidemic.

I suggest your break. How do you like my pill?

(personal notes deleted)

Such newspapers as you read do a definite service, that should not be overlooked or thoughtlessly condemned.

They definitely open the eyes of many who would otherwise pay no attention. Particularly in the race question they have performed a great psychic service, for they have aroused deep, creative, constructive emotions on the part of people who otherwise would not have been involved. And these constructive energies have helped change the situation for the better.

Such dire conditions cannot be pretended out of human existence, nor should they be. But in your case, you are aware of man’s inhumanity to man. It is well that you are, but you must not allow this knowledge to weigh like a mountain upon your being, so that you are pinned under and your energies sucked away. This is the danger for which you must be alerted.

(...)

You of all people should realize that when valid concern for world problems turns into an obsession with world injustices that wipes out all, or threatens to wipe out all personal enjoyment, then trouble is on the way. For enjoyment is a weapon. The man who is capable of joy is capable, to a large extent, of changing his world. Joy is not a weak spineless idiot either. Its backbone is stronger than bitterness.

Joy is the muscle of action, and without it there would be no action. If I speak strongly to you at times, it is because this tendency, while much less now than formerly, must be kept very well in control, Joseph.

Basically this concern for human welfare is indeed virtuous, but overindulged in it becomes loaded with possibilities that could be most unfortunate. You knew I was going to light into you this evening, as Ruburt would say. What I want, here, is the balance. Neither plunge yourself into the ignorance, doubts and injustices, so that you can see nothing else, nor close your eyes to them. But there must be a place within you where these do not exist, or the freedom of the inner self will be hampered, as far as its connection with the ego is concerned. Your deep consideration for human problems has indeed helped lead you to these sessions.

I suggest your break."

Session 143, Book 3 of the Early Sessions

© L. Davies Butts

Last edited by mudra on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:37 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 Tchami-Faith

Seth: "At the risk of repeating myself, you live in a safe universe. At the risk of repeating myself you can no longer equivocate either. When you find yourself in a period of distress, it is because you do not trust your safety. You can not live in a safe universe and an unsafe one at the same time. You have to make a complete choice.
    If you choose a safe universe then you may, indeed, find some old habitual ideas, thoughts, or beliefs coming to haunt you. Those belonged to the unsafe universe and made perfect sense there. And, there they still do. When you change your affiliation and find yourself now and then encountering such feelings (and they are always one way or another feelings of insecurity), then admit to yourself that while they made sense in the unsafe universe, they do not belong in the safe one. Literally, such feelings make no sense in a safe universe. They are literally meaningless.
    Your body reacts to the feelings of insecurity by retreating to whatever degree, slight or occasional, or with determined persistence (your body or anyone else's), as long as you really believe you live in a state of threat."
    1975.09.29, Session 757, Personal Sessions, Book 3
    © L. Davies Butts

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Here's Seth on flowers and their spiritual connection symbols from ESP Class for January 13, 1970.

"*([Seth:]) *Now. You are, I hope in the midst of a garden of consciousness... and as a flower blooms, so are you made to bloom. And as a flower is supposed to flower, so are you meant to flower. You cannot see the garden although you are in it. But there are emanations that are invisible to you. These are your thoughts and mental images and they spring out from you, as the petals spring out from a flower, but you can see the petals of a flower and you are not consciously aware of these other images. But these other images result in the world that you know and it is a garden... and there are ugly plants there that you have created. And there are poisonous plants there that you have created. And this is a garden that you have created. And I would be very happy if I were you... that there was someone around to keep order... and to keep an eye on things and to take care of your spiritual nourishment when you had forgotten what the spirit was.

I told you once (to Florence)—and I tell you all—in your quiet moments to say “Who am I?” And listen—listen then. Do not answer yourself. But listen. And the answers will come to you. And this is nourishment. You cut yourselves off from such nourishment—as if a flower said, “I will not accept the rain because I do not understand it—and, intellectually I do not know what makes it rain and, therefore, I will not accept the rain.” Or, “I do not know what the sun is; therefore, I will not accept its rays.” And so the flower would be destroyed in its form.

(Florence commented that she would hate to be dependent upon somebody watering her as a flower. Seth interjected the following.)"
    —TECS2 ESP Class Session January 13, 1970
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 02, 2021 11:46 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 B033e910

“As people lose the kind of ancestral roots that exist in “less advanced” societies, so many sophisticated civilizations, with rapid overturn of goods and products, with printing presses and writing upon fragile paper, are lost to history.

One or two societies had microfilm, but microfilm needs another technological society for its interpretation, where scrawls upon a rock endure physically, to be interpreted by any onlooker.

I said that your conventional geological ages were faulty, along with your theories of the age of the earth, for it is far older than is supposed. Obviously it has changed geographically—that you know. There were vast civilizations, however, where now there is only the endless expanse of the ocean waves, and ruins that most likely will never be discovered, for they are obliterated in the very life of the planet itself.

There WERE electric batteries (as we’ve read lately; see my files). There were airplanes (files). There was not a technological organization however as you know it, so that the technological achievements were considered somewhat in a fashion that your society now considers fine art—esthetic, to be collected by the wealthy, delightful, good for collectors but not particularly practical. The aura of the mind of man simply had a different cast.

In a way mental organization itself was different—psychic priorities, if you prefer. Religious ideas of course held their own sway then as they do now. The earth was felt to be a more lively participator, it was personified. Some of this is impossible to explain. People felt that the sun and the moon would be OFFENDED if electric lights were used, for example, that in retaliation they might refuse to shine.

Reading was generally accepted. Books were numerous, but reading was done in the daytime. Technology was considered a plaything. Airplanes were not generally used. They were novelties. People identified so with the earth, they could see no reason for FAST TRAVEL. There were automobiles, again considered as fanciful, technological art.

In one way or another, the race played with technology through the ages, in a subsidiary manner. Almost any of your modern inventions at one time or another existed on the face of the earth in the past, in your terms. Sometimes in a developed manner, or simply in plan form, but never in the same organized domineering fashion.

Your ideas of the history of your species, then, are largely distorted versions of the latest chapter, IN THOSE TERMS.

The poles at one time were reversed. The earth has formed and reformed and reformed. The inner psychic organizations always determine the kind of challenges and civilizations that emerge. There have been civilizations devoted mainly to art, in which all other endeavors were considered subsidiary, and the quality of workmanship was everything, no matter what the product. Mass production was inconceivable, because the originality of each piece of art, or furniture, or bowl, held its value in that manner, and the idea of producing a copy of anything would have been considered ludicrous, or considered an act without reason.

Give us a moment.... Beside all of that, there were cultures advanced enough for space travel, before the numbering of your geological ages. But even those did not organize life about technology in the way that you do. In the tangled areas of time, in one way or another, messages were left from one group of civilizations to another, whether they could be read at once, or not for centuries.

Take your break."

The Personal Sessions, book 4, Deleted Session November 14, 1977

Bagheera likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 B4247d10

...ron speaks...you are here because you wanted to be here. You were not forced or coerced into your life. You are not the result of some cosmic accident.

You knew about the world that you would be reincarnating into before you were born, so you were born into the world that you, and you alone, chose to appear within, upon the world stage of school house earth.

You are but one actor upon that stage. Your being here in itself justifies your existence, and you do not owe anyone anything.

You are here to have fun and enjoy all of creation and add to it in your own way at your own pace...and you will meet teachers along the way, and you will help others with the knowledge and experience that you have and will have gained in your creative efforts.

Esp class session 2/9/1970

Last edited by mudra on Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 pm

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 3 490ccd10

From: The Early Sessions, Book 6, Session 253 for April 25, 1966.

Seth: "When you find yourselves therefore noticing more and more the inequalities, the disasters and the shames that come within your sphere of perception, you add to their existence. This may confound what common sense may tell you. However, concentration reinforces the quality which is concentrated upon.

I will not go more deeply into this, for we have mentioned it often, and I address myself now to you both. When you are concentrating upon destructive elements, you lose on two points. You reinforce the destructive qualities by the very act of concentrating upon them, and you rob yourselves of the constructive qualities that you could be concentrating upon, and therefore that you could be reinforcing.

For an example, we will take your friend and her tumor. The tumor was formed by inner concentration. She feared a tumor so strongly that subconsciously she focused her energies in those directions. It existed in her mind long before it was physically constructed.

Had she concentrated upon constructive elements, upon positive and not negative qualities, not only would the tumor itself be nonexistent, but she would have constructed a positive element in its stead. A spiritual growth, for example.

All of these matters, you see, and many more, from the considerations of health and the formation of destructive ulcers and tumors, to the construction of any simple physical object, to the construction of an apparition—all of these are in one way or another connected with inner focus and concentration."
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2021 4:02 pm

The Seth Bookstore and Audio Collection

Seth Books  
    Seth Audio
    Seth Courses  
    Seth Conferences

New Awareness Network Inc., a publisher of the Seth books by Jane Roberts, in association with The Seth Educational Institute, offers weekly ongoing online Seth classes, Online Seth Courses, Seth Conferences and a live Seth class in New York City. Our conferences and courses are presented by outstanding educators including Rick Stack, a friend and student of Seth & Jane Roberts who personally attended over 100 Seth sessions in Jane Roberts' class in the 1970's.

https://sethcenter.com/  

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 am