tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
Swanny
Carol
Pris
7 posters

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

mudra
    mudra

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Empty The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:42 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book 90917310

I found this book.
    I am reading it .
    I am loving it.
    I now share it.

The story is about me
    The story is about you
    Hopefully you will know yourself a little more as you go along.

I'll post here a few quotes that I found relevant.

Would you at some point want to read the book yourself you'll be able to find it through the internet.
    I'll take my quotes from a pdf of the book I found at the following link:
    http://shemeam.com/pdf/Jane_Roberts-The_Nature_of_Personal_Reality.pdf

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:43 am

The Nature of Personal Reality
    A Seth book

Specific Practical Techniques
    For Solving Everyday Problems
    And Enriching The Life You Know

INTRODUCTION BY
    JANE ROBERTS

I'm proud to publish this book under my own name, though I don't
    fully understand the mechanics of its production or the nature of the
    personality I assume in delivering it. I had no conscious work to do on
    the book at all. I simply went into trance twice a week, spoke in a
    "mediumistic" capacity for Seth, or as Seth, and dictated the words to my
    husband, Robert Butts, who wrote them down.

I consider the book "mine" in that I don't believe it could have been
    written without me and my particular abilities. On the other hand, I real
    ize that far more is involved. I had to read the manuscript to find out
    what was in it, for example; and to that extent the book doesn't seem
    mine. But what does that mean?

My idea briefly is this: Our usual orientation is focused pretty exclu
    sively in what we think of as the "real" world, but there are many real
    -ities. By shifting our consciousness, we can glimpse these alternate
    realities, and all of them are the appearance that Reality takes under
    certain conditions. I don't believe that we can necessarily describe one in
    terms of another.

For years I've been confused, trying to define Seth in the usual true-
    and-false world of facts. There he's accepted as an independent spirit —
    a spirit guide by those with spiritualistic beliefs — or as some dis
    placed portion of my own personality by the scientific community.

I couldn't accept either idea, at least not in undiluted form.
    If I said, "Look, people, I don't think Seth is a spirit in
    the way you mean,"
    then this was interpreted as an acknowledgement that Seth was
    only a portion of my personality. Some people thought that I was try
    ing to put Seth down, or deny them the aid of a super-being when at last
    they thought they'd found one.

Actually, I think that the selves we know in normal life are only the
    three-dimensional actualizations of other source-selves from which we
    receive our energy and life. Their reality can't be contained in the frame
    -work of our creature-hood, though it is being constantly translated
    through our present individuality.

The "spirit guide" designation may be a handy symbolic repre
    -sentation of this idea, and I'm not saying that spirit guides do not exist. I
    am saying that the idea deserves greater examination, for the spirit guide
    may represent something far different than we think. The idea can also
    be limiting if it always places revelatory knowledge outside of us, and
    tries to make literal some extraordinary phenomena that may be beyond
    such interpretation.

While I was trying to define Seth that way and questioning whether
    or not he was a spirit guide, I was closed off to some extent from his
    greater reality, which exists in terms of vast imaginative and creative
    power that is bigger than the world of facts and can't be contained in it.
    Seth's personality is quite observable in our sessions, for example, but
    the source of that personality isn't. For that matter, the origin of any
    personality is mysterious and not apparent in the objective world. My
    job is to enlarge the dimensions of that world and people's concepts of it.
    Seth's books may be the product of another dimensional aspect of
    my own consciousness not focused in this reality, plus something else
    that is untranslatable in our terms, with Seth a great psychic creation
    more real than any "fact." His existence may simply lie in a different
    order of events than the one we're used to.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't apply what we learn to the ordi
    nary world. Certainly I'm trying to do that, and Seth wrote this book to help
    people deal more effectively with their daily lives. I am insist
    ing that we must be very careful about making literal interpretations, lest we limit a
    multidimensional phenomenon by tying it down to a three-dimensional fact system.

Intuitively and emotionally we often understand more than we intel
    -lectually realize. Trying to define revelatory knowledge, or a Seth, in
    terms of our limited ideas about human personality is like trying to
    translate, say, a rose to the number 3, or trying to explain one in terms of
    the other.

The funny thing is that a personality
    not focused in our reality can help people live in that world more effectively
    and joyfully by showing them that other realities also exist.

In this book Seth is saying that you can change your experience by altering your beliefs
    about yourself and physical existence.

To me, the Seth Material is no longer a continuing manuscript of
    fascinating theories to be carefully judged against reality. In a strange
    way it has come alive. The concepts within it live. I experience them and
    because of this my personal reality has expanded. I've begun to glimpse
    the greater inner dimensions from which our usual lives emerge, and to
    familiarize myself with other alternate methods of perception that can be
    used not only to see other "worlds," but help us deal more effectively
    with this one.
    mudra
    mudra

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:00 am

"The Manufacture of Personal Reality."

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Keyhole-to-new-world

Experience is the product of the mind, the spirit, conscious thoughts and
    feelings, and unconscious thoughts and feelings.
    These together form the reality that you know.
    You are hardly at the mercy of a reality, therefore, that exists apart from yourself, or is thrust upon you.

You are so intimately connected with the physical events composing your life experience that often you cannot
    distinguish between the seemingly material occurrences and the thoughts,expectations and desires that gave them birth.

If there are strongly negative characteristics present in your most intimate thoughts,
    if these actually form bars between you and a more full life, still you often look through the bars, not seeing them.

Until they are recognized they are impediments. Even obstacles have a reason for being.
    If they are your own, then it is up to you to recognize them and discover the circumstances behind their existence.

Your   conscious   thoughts   can   be   great   clues   in   uncovering   such obstructions.
    You are not nearly as familiar with your own thoughts as you may imagine.
    They can escape from you like water through your fingers, carrying with them vital nutrients that spread across the land scape of your psyche —
    and all too often carrying sludge and mud that clog up the channels of experience and creativity.

An examination of your conscious thoughts will tell you much about the state of your inner mind, your intentions and expectations,
    and will often lead you to a direct confrontation with challenges and problems.

Your thoughts, studied, will let you see where you are going. They point clearly to the nature of physical events.
    What exists physically exists first in thought and feeling.
    There is no other rule.

You have the conscious mind for a good reason. You are not at the mercy of unconscious drives unless you consciously acquiesce to them.
    Your present feelings and expectations can always be used to check your progress.
    If you do not like your experience, then you must change the nature of your conscious thoughts and expectations.
    You must alter the kind of messages that you are sending through your thoughts to your own body, to friends and associates.

Each thought has a result, in your terms. The same kind of thought, habitually repeated, will seem to have a more or less permanent effect.
    If you like the effect then you seldom examine the thought.
    If you find yourself assailed by physical difficulties, however, you begin to wonder what is wrong.

Sometimes you blame others, your own background, or a previous life — if you accept reincarnation.
    You may hold God or the devil responsible, or you may simply say, "That is life,"
    and accept the negative experience as a necessary portion of your lot.

You may finally come to a half-understanding of the nature of reality and wail,
    "I believe that I have caused these ill effects, but I find myself unable to reverse them."
    If this is the case, then regardless of what you have told yourself thus far, you still do not believe that you are the creator of your own experience.
    As soon as you recognize this fact you can begin at once to alter those conditions that cause you dismay or dissatisfaction.

No one forces you to think in any particular manner. In the past you may have learned to consider things pessimistically.
    You may believe that pessimism is more realistic than optimism.
    You may even suppose, and many do, that sorrow is ennobling, a sign of deep spiritualism, a mark of apartness,
    a necessary mental garb of saints and poets.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.

All consciousness has within it the deep abiding impetus to use its abilities fully, to expand its capacities,
    to venture joyfully beyond the seeming barriers of its own experience
    The very consciousnesses within the smallest molecules cry out against any ideas of limitation.
    They yearn toward new forms and experiences. Even atoms, then, constantly seek to join in new organizations of structure and meaning.
    They do this "instinctively."

Man has been endowed, and has endowed himself, with a conscious mind to direct the nature, shape and form of his creations.
    All deep aspirations and unconscious motivations, all unspoken drives,
    rise up for the approval or disapproval of the conscious mind, and await its direction.
    Only when it abdicates its functions does it allow itself to become swayed by "negative" experience.
    Only when it refuses responsibility does it finally find itself at the seeming mercy of events over which it appears to have no control.

You see and feel what you expect to see and feel. The world as you know it is a picture of your expectations.
    The world as the race of man knows it is the materialization en masse of your individual expectations.
    As children come from your physical tissues, so is the world your joint creation.

excerpt from :
    Preface by Seth

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:56 pm

The Living Picture of the World

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Breaki10

The living picture of the world grows within the mind.
    The world as it appears to you is like a three-dimensional painting in which each individual takes a hand.
    Each color, each line that appears within it has first been painted within a mind, and only then does it materialize without.

The great creativity of consciousness is your heritage.
    It does notbelong to mankind alone, however.
    Each living being possesses it, and the living world consists of a spontaneous cooperation
    that exists  between the smallest and the highest, the greatest and the lowly, between
    the atoms and the molecules and the conscious, reasoning mind.

The body of the earth can be said to have its own soul, or mind (whichever term you prefer).
    Using this analogy the mountains and oceans, the valleys and rivers and all natural phenomena
    spring from the earth's soul, as all events and all manufactured objects appear from the inner mind or soul of mankind.

You project your thoughts, feelings, and expectations outward, then you perceive them as the outside reality.
    When it seems to you that  others are observing you, you are observing yourself from the standpoint of your own projections.

Your experience in the world of physical matter flows outward from the center of your inner psyche.
    Then you perceive this experience.
    Exterior events, circumstances and conditions are meant as a kind of living feedback.
    Altering the state of the psyche automatically alters the physical circumstances
    There is no other valid way of changing physical events.

Interactions with others do occur, of course, yet there are none that you do not accept or draw to you by your thoughts, attitudes, or emotions.
    This applies in each area of life. In your terms, it applies both before life and after it. In the most miraculous fashion are you given the gift of creating your experience.

In this existence you are learning to handle the inexhaustible energy that is available to you.
    The mass condition of the world, and the situation of each individual in it, is the materialization of man's progress as
    he forms his world.

Basically you create your experience through your beliefs about yourself and the nature of reality.
    Another way to understand this is to realize that you create your experiences through your expectations.
    Your feeling-tones are your emotional attitudes toward yourself and life in
    general, and these generally govern the large areas of experience.

They give the overall emotional coloration that characterizes what happens to you. Period.
    You are what happens to you. Your emotional feelings are often transitory, but beneath there are certain qualities of feeling uniquely your own, that are like deep musical chords.
    While your day-to-day feelings may rise or fall, these characteristic feeling tones lie beneath.

The feeling-tone then is the motion and fiber — the timber
    — the portion of your energy devoted to your physical experience.
    Now it flows into what you are as a physical being and materializes you in the world of seasons, space, flesh, and time.
    Its source, however, is quite independent of the world that you know.

Once you learn to get the feeling of your own inner tone, then you are aware of its power, strength and durability,
    and you can to some extent ride with it into deeper realities of experience.

It is the essence of yourself. Its sweeps are broad in range, however.
    It does not determine, for example, specific events.
    It paints the colors in the large "landscape" of your experience.
    It is the feeling of yourself, inexhaustible.

In other terms it represents the expression of yourself in pure
    energy, from which your individuality rises, the You of you, unmistakably given identity that is never duplicated.

This energy comes from the core of BEING (in capital letters), from
    All That Is (with our usual capitals), and represents the source of never-
    ending vitality. It is Being, Being in You.
    As such, all of the energy and power of Being is focused and reflected through you in the direction of your three dimensional existence.

And so it is from your larger identity that you form the reality that you know.
    It is up to you to do this with joy and vigor, clearing your conscious mind so that the deeper knowledge
    of your greater identity can form joyous expressions in the world of the flesh.

Chapter 1

Love Always
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:01 am

This is great!  Thanks for starting this thread, mudra! Very Happy

I will need some time to go over it, but just wanted to drop in quick to show my appreciation. cheers

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:04 am

Thank you Pris.
    It's great to have a visitor here.
    Your appreciation and comments are welcome.
    The thread is a way to me to have an exterior viewpoint to this matdrial
    the entirety of I am still in the process of exploring.

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 am

Hi mudra. I read the Seth material back in the 70's when I was completely clueless about more then today. It took years to sort it out. Nice to see you enjoying it but I suspect you're on the other side of being clueless so it likely offers validation of what you've discovered already to be true. Hadriel

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Carol wrote:Hi mudra. I read the Seth material back in the 70's when I was completely clueless about more then today. It took years to sort it out. Nice to see you enjoying it but I suspect you're on the other side of being clueless so it likely offers validation of what you've discovered already to be true. Hadriel

Great to hear you read these things before Carol.
    I myself was completely immerged in Castaneda's book in the 70's which as  for you with the Seth materials took me ages to really sort out to a new level of understanding. They layed the step stones of a journey that opened several other doors of fascinating exploration.
    And yes if the Seth materials are often a confirmation of what I already came to know it's interesting to study it all over again from a completely new angle  Cheerful

Love from me
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks Mudra :)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 pm

You are welcome Swanny cheers

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Beliefs and reality

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book You%20thinking

You form the fabric of your experience through your own beliefs and expectations.
    These personal ideas about yourself and the nature of reality will affect your thoughts and emotions.

Many individuals are completely blind to their own beliefs about themselves, and the nature of reality.

It has been fashionable to blame the subconscious for personality problems
    and difficulties, the idea being that early events, charged and mysterious, lodged there.
    In this country several generations grew up believing that the subconscious portions of the personality were unreliable,
    filled with negative energy, and contained only locked-up unpleasant episodes best forgotten.

About the same time that the idea of the unsavory subconscious arose so strongly, the idea of the soul went out the window.
    Millions of people therefore believed in a reality in which they were deprived of the idea of a soul,
    and burdened by the concept of a very unreliable, if not definitely evil, subconscious.

Now first of all, there are no limitations or divisions to the self.
    You can indeed depend upon seemingly unconscious portions of yourself.
    As you will see later, you can become more and more consciously aware,
    therefore bringing into your consciousness larger and larger portions of yourself.

Each person experiences a unique reality, different from any other individual's.
    This reality springs outward from the inner landscape of thoughts, feelings, expectations and beliefs.

Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
    You must first recognize the existence of such barriers — you must
    see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
    (Very positively:)
    They will represent the boundaries of your experience.

The Self Is Not Limited.
    That statement is a statement of fact.
    It exists regardless of your belief or disbelief in it.
    Following this concept is another:
    There Are No Boundaries or Separations of the Self.

Those that you experience are the result of false beliefs.
    Following this is the idea that I have already mentioned:
    You Make Your Own Reality.

I told you that the self was not limited, yet surely you think that your self stops where your skin meets space,
    that you are inside your skin. Period.
    Yet your environment is an extension of your self.
    It is the body of your experience, coalesced in physical form.
    The inner self forms the objects that you know as surely and automatically as it forms your finger or your eye.
    Your environment is the physical picture of your thoughts, emotions
    and beliefs made visible. Since your thoughts, emotions and beliefs move
    through space and time, you therefore affect physical conditions separate from you.

You are in physical existence to learn and understand that your energy, translated into feelings, thoughts and emotions,
    causes all experience.
    There are no exceptions.

Once you understand this you have only to learn to examine the
    nature of your beliefs, for these will automatically cause you to feel and
    think in certain fashions.

Your emotions follow your beliefs. It is not the other way around.

I would like you to recognize your own beliefs in several areas.
    You must realize that any idea you accept as truth is a belief that you hold.
    You must, then, take the next step and say, "It is not necessarily true,
    even though I believe it."
    You will, I hope, learn to disregard all beliefs that imply basic limitations.

First of all, you must realize that no one can change your beliefs for you, nor can they be forced upon you from without.
    You can indeed change them for yourself, however, with knowledge and application.

The realization that you form your own reality should be a liberating one.
    You are responsible for your successes and your joys.
    You can change those areas of your life with which you are less than pleased,
    but you must take the responsibility for your being.

You are here to use, enjoy, and express yourself through the body.
    You are here to aid in the great expansion of consciousness.
    You are not here to cry about the miseries of the human condition, but to change them
    when you find them not to your liking through the joy, strength and vitality that is within you;
    to create the spirit as faithfully and beautifully as you can in flesh.

In a manner of speaking, the conscious mind is a window through
    which you look outward — and looking outward, perceive the fruits of
    your inner mind.
    Often you let false beliefs blur that great vision.
    Your joy. vitality and accomplishment do not come from the outside to you as the result of events that "happen to you."
    They spring from inner events that are the result of your beliefs.

If you use your conscious mind properly, then, you examine those
    beliefs that come to you. You do not accept them willy-nilly.
    If you use your conscious mind properly, you are also aware of intuitive ideas that come to you from within.
    You are only half conscious when you do not examine the information that comes to you from without,
    and when vou ignore the data that comes to you from within.

Your thoughts blossom into events. If you think the world is evil,
    you will meet with events that seem evil.
    There are no accidents in cosmic terms, or in terms of the world as you know it.
    Your beliefs grow as surely in time and space as flowers do. When you realize this you can even feel their growing.

The conscious mind is basically curious, open. It is also equipped to
    examine its own contents.
    It is also meant to receive and interpret important data that comes to it from the inner self.

Left alone, it does this very well. It receives and interprets impressions.
    What has happened, however, is that man has taught it to accept [only] data coming from the outside world,
    and to set up barriers against inner knowledge.
    Such a situation denies the individual his full strength, and cuts him off —
    consciously, now — from the important sources of his being.

These conditions inhibit creative expression in particular, and deny the
    conscious self the continually emerging insights and intuitions other
    wise available.
    Divisions, illusionary ones, appear in the self.

Remember, even false beliefs will seem to be justified in terms of
    physical data, since your experience in the outside world is the mate
    -rialization of those beliefs. So you must work with the raw material of
    your ideas, even while your sense data may tell you that a given belief
    is obviously a truth. To change your experience or any portion of it,
    then, you must change your ideas. Since you have been forming your
    own reality all along, the results will follow naturally

You are not your ideas, nor even your thoughts. You are the self who experiences them.

Many beliefs would automatically fall away quite harmlessly
    if you were being truly spontaneous. Instead you often harbor them
    When you are spontaneous, you accept the free nature of your
    mind and it spontaneously makes decisions as to the validity or non-
    validity of data it receives. When you refuse to allow it this function it
    becomes cluttered.

The mistaken belief is one that does not fit the basic conditions of your inner being.
    So if you believe that you are at the mercy of physical events, you entertain a false belief.
    If you feel that your present experience was set in circumstances beyond your control, you entertain a false belief.

The inner self is embarked upon an exciting endeavor, in which it
    learns how to translate its reality into physical terms.
    The conscious mind is brilliantly attuned to physical reality, then, and often so dazzled by what it perceives
    that it is tempted to think physical phenomena is a cause, rather than a result.
    Deeper portions of the self always serve to remind it that this is not the case.

Hatred of war will not bring peace —. Only love of peace will bring about those conditions.

I would like to make one point here, however — that often
    psychoanalysis is simply a game of hide-and-seek, in which you continue to relinquish responsibility
    for your actions and reality and assign the basic cause to some area of the psyche, hidden in a dark forest of the past.
    Then you give yourself the task of finding this secret.
    In so doing you never think of looking for it in the conscious mind, since you are convinced that all deep answers lie far beneath — and, moreover, that your consciousness is not only unable to help you but will often send up
    camouflages instead.
    So you play that game.
    When and if you manage to change your beliefs in that self-deceptive framework,
    then any suitable "forgotten" event from the past will be used as a catalyst.
    One would do as well as another.

The basic beliefs however were always in your conscious mind, and the reasons for your behavior.
    You simply had not examined its contents with the realization that your beliefs were not necessarily reality,
    but often your conceptions of it.

I am not telling you to inhibit thoughts or feelings. I am asking that you become aware of those you have.
    Realize that they form your reality.
    Concentrate upon those that give you the results that you want.

If you find all of this difficult, you can also examine your physical reality in all of its aspects.
    Realize that your physical experience and environment is the materialization of your beliefs.
    If you find great exuberance, health, effective work, abundance, smiles on the faces of those you meet,
    then take it for granted that your beliefs are beneficial.
    If you see a world that is good, people that like you, take it for granted, again, that your beliefs are beneficial.
    But if you find poor health, a lack of meaningful work, a lack of abundance, a world of sorrow and evil,
    then assume that your beliefs are faulty and begin examining them.

We will later discuss the nature of mass reality, but for now we are dwelling upon the personal aspects.

source: The nature of personal realiy- chapter 2

Love Always
    mudra
    solent
    solent

Post  solent Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks mudra, just downloaded the PDF, going to give this my attention. Hadriel
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:11 pm

solent wrote:Thanks mudra, just downloaded the PDF, going to give this my attention. Hadriel

Thank you for your visit on this Thread Solent.
    Wishing a good read and hopefully some interesting insights too Cheerful

The Karen

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:21 am

Seth:

“I have told you that you create your dreams, in actuality, not in theory alone. You create an actuality, a dream universe, as real as the physical universe. It simply cannot be directly perceived within the physical universe.”

“Now: these stages of consciousness are all a part of your own reality. A knowledge of them can be most useful. You can learn to “shift gears,” stand aside from your own experience, and examine it with much better perspective. You can prepare questions or problems, suggesting that they be solved for you in the sleep state. You can suggest that you will speak with distant friends, or convey important messages that you cannot convey verbally, perhaps. You can bring about reconciliations, for example, at another layer of reality though you cannot do so in this one.”

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:22 am

The Body

"Now when anything is wrong with your body, it is trying to tell you
    something. And when you understand what it is trying to say, and if
    you make an effort to do what is needed, the symptoms are no longer
    needed as a method of communication. The body is trying to tell you
    that you have a problem, and because you did not cope with it, and
    denied it mentally, it is physically materialized in symbolic body
    language." Session 502

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 am

Precognitive dreams? Really?

Seth: "The incidents do not even have to involve you..."

Seth: "Now the ego’s concepts are your concepts, since it is a part of you. If you dwell on ideas of danger or potential disaster, if you think of the world mainly in terms of your physical survival and consider all those circumstances that may work against it, then you may find yourself suddenly aware of precognitive dreams that foretell incidents of accidents, earthquakes, robberies or murders.

Your own idea of the perilous nature of existence becomes so strong that the ego allows this data to emerge, even though it is “out of time,” because your fearful beliefs convince it that you must be on guard. The incidents do not even have to involve you. From all the unconscious telepathic and clairvoyant data available, however, you will be aware of this particular grouping, and it will only serve to reinforce your idea that existence is above all perilous.

If this information becomes available in the dream state you may then say, “I am frightened of dreams. My bad dreams so often come true.” So you try to inhibit memory of your dreams. Instead you should examine your conscious beliefs, for they are so strong that they are causing you not only to focus upon calamity in the physical world, but to use your inner abilities to the same end.

(9:37.) Telepathic communication is constant. This is usually at an unconscious level merely because your conscious mind is in a state of becoming. It cannot hold all of the information you possess. As an example, if your conscious ideas are relatively positive you will react to telepathically received information of a similar nature, even if you do so on an unconscious level.

As I mentioned earlier (in the 616th session), you are also sending your own telepathic thoughts outward. Others will react to those according to their own ideas of reality. A family can constantly reinforce its joy (louder), gaiety, and spontaneity by concentrating on ideas of vitality, strength and creativity; or it can let half of its energy slip away (deeper) by reinforcing resentments, angers and thoughts of doubt and failure.

(”I get it.” Seth ‘s clever, somewhat humorous stresses in the above paragraph were intended to make certain points to me personally while he continued work on his book. Involved were discussions between Jane and me today, and some poor perceptions on my part.)

Either way the ideas of reality are reinforced both consciously and unconsciously, not only within the family but among all those with whom the family comes in contact.

You get what you concentrate upon. There is no other main rule.*

It may be easy for you to see beliefs that are invisible to others in themselves. Reading this book, you may be able to point at friends or acquaintances and see clearly that their ideas are invisible beliefs which limit their experience — and yet be blind to your own invisible beliefs, which you take so readily as truth or characteristics of reality.

Your sense data, again, will most definitely reinforce your ideas. You will also react clairvoyantly and telepathically to inner information at an unconscious level that is, once more, “collected” under the organization of your quite conscious concepts concerning existence in general, and your own in particular. So you are locked into physical situations that are corroborated by the great evidence of sense data — and of course it is convincing because it reflects so beautifully, so creatively, and so actively, your own ideas and beliefs, whether they are positive or negative.

In greater terms positive and negative have little meaning, for the physical experience is meant as a learning one. But if you are unhappy then the word negative has a meaning.

(Pause, one of few, at 9:50.) I expect that by now my readers have at least begun to examine their beliefs, and perhaps obtained a glimpse of some invisible ones that had been accepted before as definite aspects of reality."

Footnote:
    *Here Seth quotes himself exactly from an unscheduled session held on February 26, 1972, during our vacation in Marathon, Florida."
    Session 617 - The Nature of Personal Reality

Love Always
    mudra
    ©️ L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

Seth: "A particularly vivid dream is every bit as real to the inner self as a vivid psychological experience that occurs within the waking state."

One might perhaps consider that before one decides to believe that particular problems *must* be solved or specific tasks have to be fulfilled during lifetime.

Seth: "As a personality is molded by his exterior circumstances, so is he also molded by the dreams that he creates, and which help to form his interior or psychic environment. To the whole self there is little differentiation made between actions that are of an exterior nature, and actions that are of an interior nature. While the ego makes these distinctions, the basic core of the personality does not do so.

A particularly vivid dream is every bit as real to the inner self as a vivid psychological experience that occurs within the waking state. It is important here that we realize that as far as the basic self is concerned no distinctions are made in this respect. The personality creates its dreams; the dreams are then experienced. The experience is indelibly recorded, and then changes the personality, again, in the same manner that any experience would."

Session 173, Book 4 of the Early Sessions
    ©️ L. Davies Butts

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 13, 2018 1:12 am

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Black-Mirror-920x584-65d6dd0

(9:25. Jane seemed to leave trance quickly yet as it developed she did not really do so. She was quite sleepy at break, and said Seth was ‘putting her under” in order to talk about the thought-form and projection experience of last night with the least amount of distortion. Jane of course has a full account of the experience written down in her own records.
    (Resume at 9:34.)

Now. Give us a moment.

Our friend attempted to choose a different battleground last evening. He decided to think of his symptoms as an enemy, and to give them form in another plane of reality where he could do battle with them. Now this was not an astral plane, but a lower one.

I am referring of course to his “black thing” in quotes, and the struggle. The energy behind the thing was the energy of hidden fears, but such a thing could be formed by anyone, for there are fears in every man. Ruburt tried to isolate them, give them form, and fight them all at once.

The thing was actually then a rather clumsy lower-dimensional animal, a provoked dumb dog of other dimensions who then attacked him symbolically enough, by biting. Any “thing” in quotes so created entirely of fears, would be frightened, and particularly angry at its creator, and it could do nothing else but attack; in one way to protect what reality it had, for it knew Ruburt created it only to slay it if possible.

It did have a reality therefore. Ruburt leapt back to his body to safety and normal consciousness. The thing therefore dissipated, for when Ruburt ran home he automatically withdrew his energy from it. Give us a moment. (Pause.)

He attempted to separate from himself all those elements he considers negative, and fight them at once, almost as if in doing so he removed or could remove evil from the universe. This was the result of his tendency to regard reality in terms of absolute (underlined) values.

He attempted to destroy the animal of evil, and it bit him back. Now evil does not exist in those terms, and even illness or fear is not necessarily an enemy, as much as an aid to understanding and the means to a greater end.

Even his desolations, of which I know, lead him to continue a search for understanding, and serve as an impetus to further development. You should try to help him understand them in that light.

Those who seek answers desperately want to find them, both for their own sakes and for the sakes of others. They care deeply and emotionally, and it is because they find little sense in the world as they understand it that they are driven to look elsewhere for answers.

Now the evil which Ruburt imagined he was projecting outward does not exist, but because he believed it did, he formed his materialization from his fears. It was the shape of the desolation he had felt last weekend. Now in larger terms, and in the deepest sense, there is no evil, only your lack of perception, but I know this is difficult for you to accept. But this fact is Ruburt s safeguard in his astral travels - as long as he remembers it.
    The words: “May peace be with you,” will get him through any difficulty in other layers of reality, for as he formed that image others also form images, and he could encounter them on occasion. To wish them peace will be to give them some comfort, for they do have a kind of reality. To fear them is to put yourself into their realm of reality, and then you are forced to fight on those terms, and there is no need for this.

Now Ruburt was attempting a legitimate projection, and the Grant book, in the overall, was good for him; but he got the idea for such a materialization by playing around unconsciously with an idea in the book. He thought of turning his symptoms, or the fears behind them, into a demon which he could then slay and conquer for good. (An autobiography by Joan Grant is referred to here.)

The suggestions he gave himself as to healing, you see, were connected here. He formed a poor creature with the purpose of destroying it. The symptoms were worse following the episode because of the impact with which the creature s energies were withdrawn and then reabsorbed. They had been already isolated from other aspects of Ruburt s personality, so the fears flew back in with an explosive impact.

Now in the first place the symptoms are not evil nor his enemies, but methods of instruction that he has himself chosen; and if ever he imagines them isolated in such a fashion, they should be imagined instead as being projected out from him into the whole of the universe where they are absorbed harmlessly, and their energy used to the greater good.

TES9 Ses.471 MARCH 31, 1969

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:48 am

Seth: "Now: you must understand, for one thing, that telepathy operates constantly at a subconscious level. If you continually expect any individual to behave in a particular manner, then you are constantly sending him telepathic suggestions that he will do so. Every individual reacts to suggestion. According then to the specific conditions existing at the time, such an individual will to some extent or another act according the mass suggestions he has received.
    These mass suggestions include not only those given to him by others, both verbally and telepathically, but also those suggestions that he has given to himself while in the waking or dream states. If individual A is in a period of despondency, then this is because he has already become prey to negative suggestions of his own and others. If now you see him and think that he looks miserable—or that he is an incurable drunk—then indeed these suggestions are picked up by him subconsciously though you have not spoken a word, and in his already weakened condition, they will be accepted and acted upon.
    If, on the other hand, thinking of him under the same conditions, you stop yourself and say gently to yourself: he will begin to feel better now—or his drinking is temporary—and there is indeed hope here, then you have given him aid, for the suggestions will at least represent some small telepathic ammunition to fight off the war of despondency.
    There are obviously ways in which you can mold your own conditions, protect yourself from your own negative suggestions and those given to you by others. You must immediately erase a negative thought or picture by replacing it with its opposite."

Session 340 - Book 8 of the Early Sessions

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 am

Seth: “The tragedies of the newspapers are symbols,” Seth continued, as if in answer. “Those symbols represent ‘real’ tragedies, but those tragedies do not exist in your moment unless you are participating in them. Those who are involved in such tragedies feel a sense of hopelessness and the loss of power in the present—and you do not help them by taking on the guise of hopelessness! “What I am saying this evening is indeed simplified ... but you must operate from strength, not from weakness. When you stand upon a firm shore, you can extend your arm to the man who is in quicksand. You cannot help him by leaping into the quicksand with him, for surely both of you will go down. And he will not thank you!”

“Then we’re doing that as a nation?” Warren asked.

“Individually. As you read your paper, as you watch your television,” Seth replied, “whenever you look around you and say, ‘Other men are fools’; whenever you look around you and say, ‘The race is ruining itsetf—it is insane,’ you are doing the same thing—you are jumping into the quicksand, and you cannot help. “Organize your reality according to your strength; organize your reality according to your playfulness; according to your dreams; according to your joy; according to your hopes—and then you can help those who organize their reality according to their fears.”

Seth turned to look at Lauren DelMarie, who had just returned from a trip to California. “There are those who prophesize a great holocaust that will destroy the species,” Seth said. “There are those most certain, my dear Pan, that California, as the new state of sin and iniquity, will be banished from the face of the earth. There are those who prophesize, and have prophesized since the beginning of time, that tomorrow would never come because you are so sinful—because you are such idiots! There is no difference!
    You can condemn yourself because you are sinful and the daughters and sons of Satan. Or you can say, ‘That is nonsense. We are not sinful nor the daughters nor the sons of Satan. Instead, we are the idiot offcasts of nature. We are going to destroy our planet. We are rotten, not because we are the sons of Satan, but because we are insane atoms and molecules gone astray!’ Only the vocabulary is different!

“Do any of you actually believe that your existence is a cosmic accident? Do any of you really believe that the integrity of this moment is an accident? Do you really believe that all nature is sane but you—that nature in its great holy being had good sense except when it created men and women, and only then did it go astray? “If you organize your reality in that fashion, then you are in the quicksand!

If you want to help, stand on the firm ground of your creativity and being! You are only fools if you cast off your clothing and jump into the shifting ground. Who needs a hand that is going to sink beneath the mire? Some help that is!"

Watkins, Susan M. (2006-04-12). Conversations With Seth, Book 2: 25th Anniversary Edition: v. 2 (p. 166). Moment Point Press-A. Kindle Edition.

Watkins, Susan M. (2006-04-12). Conversations With Seth, Book 2: 25th Anniversary Edition: v. 2 (pp. 165-166). Moment Point Press-A. Kindle Edition.

Watkins, Susan M. (2006-04-12). Conversations With Seth, Book 2: 25th Anniversary Edition: v. 2 (p. 165). Moment Point Press-A. Kindle Edition.

Watkins, Susan M. (2006-04-12). Conversations With Seth, Book 2: 25th Anniversary Edition: v. 2 (p. 165). Moment Point Press-A. Kindle Edition.

...with thanks to Ejay Jamb

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 am

Finding Seth

Very interesting: A Seth materials search engine

https://findingseth.com

Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 am

Seth: "If you are in poor health, this does not mean that you are an evil person. It means that you have a block in that particular area... in which you are unable to utilize energy constructively. And if you are not at the top of your profession, the same thing applies. It does not follow that those in excellent health are more blessed than others. It does mean that in that particular area they are able to utilize energy more effectively.

And theoretically, theoretically, if you are using energy the way you should, you would indeed be at the top of your profession and in excellent health and filled with abundance. Now various kinds of lacks can show up in many ways... in mental deficiencies... A man or a woman who has strong and definite mental deficiencies... who has strong negative habits... such a person has blocks in those areas. You may not attain perfection... I have not attained it. But it is the ideal toward which we work.
    I do not want you to have the attitude, however, or make the implication, that your health or status in any way automatically, and alone, is an indication of your spiritual wealth... or lack of it.

Some of you for example, do well in certain areas and are blocked in others. We want to get rid of the blocks. You are working toward this ideal, and the ideal is—and you will achieve it—to use all your abilities, all of your capabilities... and in doing this, you will help others automatically. And you will help the race of which you are a part. And you will add to the creativity of All That Is ... and I said that you would add to it."

Esp Class
    June 3, 1969

Session 485, Book 8 of the Early Sessions
    ©️ L. Davies Butts

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:47 pm

https://m.facebook.com/groups/40369638028?view=permalink&id=101566002388180

Repost - Seth on how our own beliefs do form our experience, and also among other things our experience with other people.
    The info is a bit hidden in the text. However it is well worth reading as it could be of some advantage in daily life.

Seth: "[your personal beliefs] elicit from other people behavior that is in keeping with these beliefs . . . [with different beliefs] an entirely different kind of behavior could have been elicited from those same people..."
    (...)
    "Your experience will follow your concentration and belief and expectation. The mind is a great discriminator. It can use its reasoning to bring about almost any possible experience within your framework."

Seth: "I am speaking about the intellect here for our discussion, but remember it is everywhere cushioned also. There are backup systems, in other words (amused). If the intellect believes that the world (pause) is a threat to existence, then that belief will alter its intents, of course, and therefore the body’s activities. The beliefs of the intellect operate then as powerful suggestions, particularly when the intellect identities with those beliefs, so that there is little distance between the intellect and the beliefs that it holds as true.
    (Pause in an intent delivery.) I am doing my best to explain the very practical aspects of the intellect’s beliefs, and their strength in drawing experience to you. At one time you both had difficulty with understanding some of these ideas. (Pause.) Your own relationship, your private beliefs about the sort of persons you wanted individually for mates, brought about incalculable actions that led finally to your meeting – yet it all happened „quite naturally,“ of course. Your beliefs bring you into correspondence with the elements likely to lead to their affirmation. They draw from Framework 2 all of the necessary ingredients. They elicit from other people behavior that is in keeping with those beliefs.
    Your own attitudes, for example – and beliefs – about foreigners, Prentice- Hall, people’s stupidity and lack of integrity, put you in correspondence with those same beliefs on the part of others, resulting in the translation fiasco. An entirely different kind of behavior could have been elicited from those same people. Like attracts like in that regard. Those same people, for example, all have, as you do, beliefs in people’s trustworthiness, and so forth – but under those conditions, at that time, you each – or rather you all – were in correspondence at many levels. The books were published. They have helped many people, and that is because you were also in correspondence as far as many of your more positive beliefs are concerned, and those did outweigh the others.
    You get what you concentrate upon, and your beliefs are largely responsible for those areas in which you concentrate.
    (9:14.) There are no magical methods, only natural ones that you use all of the time, although in some cases you use them for beliefs that you take for truths, when instead they are quite defective assumptions. A small example – one, incidentally, that Ruburt finally realizes; but it is a beautiful instance of natural methods. He used it beautifully, even though the results were not pleasing at first. It also shows Ruburt’s growing understanding: He heard tomorrow’s weather report (yesterday), groaned, thought of a very uncomfortable 90-degree temperature tomorrow [and] imagined himself miserable with the heat. Indeed, he began to feel warmer. In a flash he remembered previous days of discomfort, and in the next moment he projected those into the weekend. He felt trapped. Midway through this process he tried to catch himself, but he believed that his body could not handle the heat – and that belief outweighed his intent to change his thoughts, so they kept returning for perhaps ten minutes.
    He continued, however, to remind himself that he was not going to worry about tomorrow today, regardless. He told himself that the prediction might be wrong, and he began with his intellect to pile up evidence that could in one way or another bring about a different, more beneficial experience. He did this by recognizing the way he had earlier been building up the picture in the old manner, by collecting all the evidence that fitted it. He used the same process, only for a more beneficial picture, and the process works. You have only to become aware of it.
    Your experience will follow your concentration and belief and expectation. The mind is a great discriminator. It can use its reasoning to bring about almost any possible experience within your framework."
    session 7 magical approach, page 71/72
    ©️ L. Davies Butts

...with thanks to Lynda English

Love Always
    mudra
    dylannah
    dylannah

Seth speaks - The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book Empty Seth Intensive Course

Post  dylannah Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:35 pm

mudra wrote:You are welcome Swanny cheers

Love from me
    mudra

Hey there, I thought I would share the Seth intensive course being offered by the publishers on their site. It might be something more valuable to those newer to Seth.

Have you taken it before? I would love to know your experience with it.

Thanks,

Dylannah
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:05 am

Thank you for passing by and sharing the information Dylannah Thubs Up

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am