tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+19
Sanicle
icecold
malletzky
Jonah
JesterTerrestrial
Raven
Bear
MargueriteBee
Jenetta
Mercuriel
burgundia
pedro m
hippihillbobbi
lindabaker
mudra
Nebula
truth and integrity
Carol
giovonni
23 posters

my new vision

mudra
    mudra

my new vision - Page 2 Empty Re: my new vision

Post  mudra Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:03 pm

sunnyGatheringsunny
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Cool video Gio thanks.
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Where ever you go you follow your heart. Where are you going?
    Bear
    Bear

Post  Bear Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Good call on the "friendship and sacrifice" Gio.

One thing I have learned in life;

There are 2 types of people in this world - the givers, and the takers
    (and seldom do they ever change roles)

And you are 100% right about the learning to say NO part.

Here's a trick my neighbor(a taker)does but I've caught on, see if this rings a bell for anyone.

When ever he needs a hand he start each sentence off with "I sure wish ...whatever......"

Being a simple person I would think "Geez, I have the power to make his wish come true" - not to worry, I'm not the only one who has fell for this. He plays on ones compassion, to reach out and help a friend/neighbor, an emotion I learned to better understand and control. By the way, favors are seldom returned.

Like your videos, here's an oldie that I still like

Actually, I was wrong,

there are 3 types of people on the earth

-those that know math, and those that don't!

Have a good one...............Bear
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Sometimes we search for a truer kind of love in our friends, the kind that has less demands than other kinds of relationships. simply sharing. the altered mind has a distorted view of friendship, one that is only have people around that you can use. Those who will give you what you want. I have learned to avoid the later, not wanting to spend my time that way. I have been the user and the used, now that is old news.

NOW I see friendship as a relationship with myself.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Thank you Bear and Marguerite ~ for your insight and very thoughtful words on friends and math~

those are two subjects study i am still trying to figure out scratch

But one thing i know~ we all love to be loved Blushes

my love to you both~ Gio

really liked that video Bear cheers
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Ahh... to stay mute or transmute ~ now -that is the question Question
    Whether > tis noble to remain silent and suffer the slings and arrows of the Federal Reserve
    or morph from a caterpillar into a beautiful Butterfly Exclamation

Now~ Aimee's a real~ Butterfly Big Grin 1

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 pm

i love her music!!

bounce cheers bounce

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Friends~ Forever Thubs Up

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Lets ~ make tomorrow~ today Question

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:56 pm

my new vision - Page 2 Attachment

Now whenever this world gets me down (up here in the great Northwest), i just go off into the forest and let my mind go...

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:13 am

Happy Birthday giovonni.

Happy Birthday
    Band
    Its da Wave

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 am

Dreaming on a world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpeL3dkwVUY

A very Happy Birthday dear Gio

Much much love from me my friend

Hugs

mudra

my new vision - Page 2 Work.2716886.2.flat,550x550,075,f.heart-of-nature

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Thank you dear Lady's!

thought you'd both enjoy~ made me > Rolling Eyes

Why It’s Hell Being a Libra my new vision - Page 2 Librastarsmad-a2d
    Once upon a time there was a nice little sign named Libra. It was a charming sign, and everyone was happy to be around it. It threw memorable dinner parties with candles and pretty floral centerpieces and tiny portions of trendy gourmet cuisine. There were place cards to tell you where to sit, and the guests to your left and right would be pleasant, interesting companions chosen with you in mind. An invitation from Libra was a much hoped for social coup.

Libra was quite a catch for some lucky partner—easy on the eyes, fashionably and elegantly dressed, and given to the most romantic gestures. You’d smile to find a note tucked in your pocket saying what a divine lover you were last night. You knew you were the center of Libra’s world, the sole reason for Libra’s existence. Libra was all about loving and nothing but loving, you see, in much the same way that Virgo lived to work and Cancer was totally centered on the family.

That was Libra back then, and the zodiac was a far more agreeable place for its existence. Things began to change, ever so slowly, in 1942, when Neptune moved in with Libra. Oh, at first it was idyllic—a fairy tale, Hollywood movie, happily ever after type of romance that thrilled Libra to the core of its being.

Libra gradually lost itself, caught up in the all-consuming presence of a soft, sensitive soulmate who admittedly wasn’t making the most of those special talents but could become somebody if Libra only found the right way to help.

Over time, Neptune’s frailties and flaws became more and more apparent. The relationship ate up more and more of Libra’s energy, but there was no leaving because Libra was totally committed. And, besides, what would people say? In those days, divorce was just not an option for Nice, Respectable People.

In 1950, Saturn came on the scene and started piling more and more responsibilities on Libra—bills to pay, standards to live up to, deadlines to meet. Neptune by that time was too depressed, dysfunctional—and frankly, drunk—to carry much of the load, as well as only intermittently employed. The burdens all fell on Libra’s shoulders.

That whole era is a muddle of misery. Libra will never forget those wrenching, humiliating scenes in 1951-2 when Saturn confronted Neptune directly. At that point, Neptune—along with the partnership—completely broke down. Though it was the hardest thing Libra ever had done (up to then), Neptune was asked to leave in October of 1953.

For years afterward, Libra was too discouraged and disillusioned to even contemplate getting involved again. But you have to remember that Libra lives to love and feels incomplete without a partner. That NEVER changes. And so in 1968, Libra fell head over heels with Uranus, a younger but more exciting romantic prospect than had come along in years.

Uranus had panache, charisma, and an avant garde style that was utterly impossible to resist. Libra had always preferred intelligent companions and didn’t mind a heated discussion so long as both points of view were considered. Uranus was possessed of a dazzling intellect and a unique viewpoint, though outspokenly scornful of others who weren’t quite so advanced in their thinking.

Then, too, there was the challenge of perpetual courtship. Uranus could be very THERE, 100% present one day and then suddenly disappear for months on end with no explanation. Oh, Uranus was up front about not believing in commitment, but nobody had ever been able to resist Libra’s charm and glamour, so Libra was confident it would work out.

This off again, on again affair lasted until 1975, kept alive by explosive breakups and sudden, whirlwind reunions. It was nothing if not romantic, and Libra secretly enjoyed the intervals of being single and not having to adapt to Uranus’ quirky, erratic lifestyle and forceful opinions.

Besides, Libra’s carnal needs were being met by a covert relationship with a married lover once Pluto showed up in 1971. No one knew about it because Libra cannot tolerate scandal or looking bad.

Pluto pursued Libra, who was slowly, unwillingly seduced into seamy yet steamy couplings whenever Pluto was available. As ambivalent as Libra was about being used as a sexual convenience rather than treated as a treasured partner, the intense passion that never waned kept the relationship going for years.

Saturn returned in 1980 and started nagging Libra about respectability, financial security and the need to find a more permanent arrangement to sustain Libra in those fast-approaching senior years. Then, too, Pluto died in 1984, along Libra’s capacity to believe in a lifelong, committed relationship based on true love and devotion.

Libra has never been the same since, though the charm and style remains and Libra is as attractive as ever. There are lovers and probably always will be, but Libra doesn’t really believe love will last. The romantic game is played half-heartedly, with one eye on an escape route in case things aren’t as good as they look on the surface.

Saturn’s reappearance last October made Libra very sad—maybe even clinically depressed. The relentless progression of years, even with the aid of cosmetic surgery, makes it so very hard to look good, and those scanty, frankly sexual modern styles just aren’t appropriate on someone Libra’s age.

Being alone has taken its toll—it would be so good to have a companion right there at home without making such an effort all the time. Not to mention that sharing the bills and medical insurance costs with someone would be a relief. So, yeah, Libra is depressed and worried.

Being a Libra in 2010 is hell. We don’t know the real Libra today, only the frantic, people-pleasing Libra that has evolved since the 1940s. You would have been totally enamored of the charming, loving Libra of a more spacious, gracious yesteryear—one of the highlights of the zodiac, and a joy to be around.

Excuse me, but you’re not getting an accurate picture here. I’m Saturn, and it’s only fair for me to be able to tell my side of the story. You’re making me out to be the bad guy that comes around every 29 or 30 years to make Libra’s life miserable. You make it sound like all I do is make demands, criticize lovers, and generally put a damper on relationships.

I’d like to point out that the last couple of times I came around, I was the voice of sanity when Libra was involved with thoroughly undesirable partners. In the 1940s it was that loser Neptune that never carried its own weight. And in the mid-1980s, it was that seamy Pluto that was just out for sex and not for commitment.

Neither one of them treated Libra right. It was never the equal partnership Libra deserved. And Libra couldn’t seem to set any limits, so I had to be the one to do it.

So now another full cycle has gone by, and Libra’s not getting any younger. It’s time for Libra to take a good look at what love is all about and learn to set some boundaries.

Since the last time I was here, I’ve gotten certified as a life coach–actually they grandfathered me in because they’re using some of my teachings. So Libra came to consult me about how to have a more mature and satisfying relationship.

We’re working together, and in our sessions, we’re looking back at these past affairs to see why they were so tempting.

Mistakes are only bad if you never learn anything from them—better late than never—and Libra’s ready to learn some new ways of connecting now. I’m feeling good about what’s happening,

and so is Libra Huh ? ...I’m cautiously optimistic about the outcome. A mature relationship can be the best one of all.

by Donna Cunningham
    source;
    http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/why-it%E2%80%99s-hell-being-a-libra-any-more/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:29 pm

for laughs
    a friend sent this LOL

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes, Gio! I have been away from my computer while at Emory University in Atlanta. I attended the Compassion Meditation Conference with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. This was his second lengthy visit to Emory University, where he holds the title of "Distinguished Professor." Mainstream science has caught hold of Tibetan wisdom and they are running with it. In fact, HH Dalai Lama stressed an urgency that I had never heard before. He did not go into detail about it other than to say that humanity is at a tipping point. Hmmm, where have we heard THAT before?

Anyway, cheers to you my friend! Linda
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Thank you Hugs Linda
    today is the day <> the 20th! cheers
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Happy Birthday Gio! When I move to Yelm next month I will come over and take you out to dinner.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Funny that the topic came up, Margie Bee. My husband and I suddenly have been discussing moving west. We are thinking anywhere from somewhat inland in N. California, on up to Portland. (My son lives in Seattle, but we can't afford the prices, whew!) I know things change, vibes re-arrange, and all, but suddenly I want to be away from this most gorgeous place in N. Georgia. I hope it's my expanding heart sense, and not fear that makes me feel this way. Of course, if I were really fearful, why would I move to California, ha ha! Anyway, Gio, David and I are wondering if there is flouride in the water around Portland. Now it's being added to our small local water system again, and one of the reasons we moved up here was the lack of flouride and general water quality compared to Atlanta. Ah, well, things may change so rapidly, very soon, that it won't be an issue. The adventurer in me just won't quit. I've moved to another continent before. The west coast couldn't be that bad of a move, right?
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Gio, sorry to be going off topic and into the mundane here. Probably should have PM'd you.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Greetings Linda,
    to answer your question~ Portland is the nation's largest city without fluoridated water. Some say this increases tooth decay in the low income population areas, but we both know the other side of that coin ~ don't we Wink

http://www.portlandonline.com/water/index.cfm?c=29337

Note~ i also love Seattle in particular> Alki ~ a Venice (LA) beach type community), across from the city skyline!

i love it out here and the mood and demeanor of the people is so ~laid back and delightful for this eastern breed boy Very Happy

my new vision - Page 2 Attachment

Last edited by giovonni on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm

That is very good news about Portland. Now, to see how things all unfold during this Winter and Spring. I thank you for the feedback. I love Seattle, too. My son has lived there for several years now, and I can see why he wouldn't want to move back East. What a refreshing place! To think about not having to drive a car everywhere, and to be able to ride a bicycle in relative safety! Oh, the joy!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 pm

West Coast is nice. I was just in Sisters, Oregon which really called to me.

http://www.sistersoregonguide.com/

It is really beautiful there. Seattle is nice too. You may want to see about something closer to family. Of course I know of a great house going up for sale in foreclosure in Enterprise Oregon at a very reasonable price, no doubt. Winters are cold but its beautiul there to. I would stay out of California because of all of the taxes. Oregon has no sales tax and Washington has to income tax but sales tax is up around 8 percent.

Oregon is better. Portland reminds me of San Francisco area but a bit too crowded for me as is Seattle.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:40 pm