tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

The Ten Dogmas Of Modern Science

mudra
    mudra

The Ten Dogmas Of Modern Science Empty The Ten Dogmas Of Modern Science

Post  mudra Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Rupert Sheldrake | Introduction to the book
    The Science Delusion: Freeing the Spirit of Enquiry (2012)

The ‘scientific worldview’ is immensely influential because the sciences have been so successful. They touch all our lives through technologies and through modern medicine. Our intellectual world has been transformed by an immense expansion of knowledge, down into the most microscopic particles of matter and out into the vastness of space, with hundreds of billions of galaxies in an ever-expanding universe.

Yet in the second decade of the twenty-first century, when science and technology seem to be at the peak of their power, when their influence has spread all over the world and when their triumph seems indisputable, unexpected problems are disrupting the sciences from within. Most scientists take it for granted that these problems will eventually be solved by more research along
    established lines, but some, including myself, think they are symptoms of a deeper malaise.

In this book, I argue that science is being held back by centuries-old assumptions that have hardened into dogmas. The sciences would be better off without them: freer, more interesting, and more fun.

The biggest scientific delusion of all is that science already knows the answers. The details still need working out but, in principle, the fundamental questions are settled.

Contemporary science is based on the claim that all reality is material or physical. Th ere is no reality but material reality. Consciousness is a by-product of the physical activity of the brain. Matter is unconscious. Evolution is purposeless. God exists only as an idea in human minds, and hence in human heads.

These beliefs are powerful, not because most scientists think about them critically but because they don’t. The facts of science are real enough; so are the techniques that scientists use, and the technologies based on them. But the belief system that governs conventional scientific thinking is an act of faith, grounded in a nineteenth-century ideology.

This book is pro-science. I want the sciences to be less dogmatic and more scientific. I believe that the sciences will be regenerated when they are liberated from the dogmas that constrict them.

read on: http://wariscrime.com/new/the-ten-dogmas-of-modern-science/

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

The Ten Dogmas Of Modern Science Empty Re: The Ten Dogmas Of Modern Science

Post  magamud Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 am

Science is dogma when opposed to truth...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:25 am

Thanks mudra

I wonder what the ten dogmas of pseudo science are ?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Floyd wrote:Thanks mudra

I am sure you could write them up Floyd

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Balance and harmony mudras
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 pm

I hope you have a sighting Floyd.  Just do some regular night watching and practice an open mind.

I wonder what you would say?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 am

mudra wrote:
    Floyd wrote:Thanks mudra

I am sure you could write them up Floyd

Love from me
    mudra
    There are probably plenty of others who would be articulate the pitfalls of pseudo science rather than myself Mudras.
    One of the reasons for the poverty of many conspiracy theories and the frequent epic failures of the predictions of its many alleged figure heads, is the fact that they simply just make it up. Or it is blatent misinformation.

I think the tendency of conspiracy theorists to shun traditional science in favour of the works of pseudo scientists and charlatans is not a particularly wise pattern to follow. It just makes them look silly the majority of the time.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Floyd wrote:
    There are probably plenty of others who would be articulate the pitfalls of pseudo science rather than myself Mudras.
    One of the reasons for the poverty of many conspiracy theories and the frequent epic failures of the predictions of its many alleged figure heads, is the fact that they simply just make it up. Or it is blatent misinformation.

I think the tendency of conspiracy theorists to shun traditional science in favour of the works of pseudo scientists and charlatans is not a particularly wise pattern to follow. It just makes them look silly the majority of the time.

I hear you Floyd and understand your point.
    To me however wether traditional or pseudo science I believe there are abuses to be found in both.
    Traditional science has  brought much comfort to our nowadays lives but at the time destroyed our Earth to a point never seen before .

I think Sheldrake makes a point when he says: Contemporary science is based on the claim that all reality is material or physical. Th ere is no reality but material reality. Consciousness is a by-product of the physical activity of the brain. Matter is unconscious. Evolution is purposeless. God exists only as an idea in human minds, and hence in human heads.

These beliefs are powerful, not because most scientists think about them critically but because they don’t.

So I believe Consciousness should be at the heart of science and ethics based on a genuine desire to learn from and preserve life as a whole . I would like to see these motivate our wish to know.

To give one example the Aborigines in the Amazon learned from nature and with nature over centuries. They gathered the greatest pool of knowledge there is about medicinal plants on Earth.
    Then big pharma came around and stole from that knowledge what suited their agenda best . On the premise that " there is no reality but material reality " they replicated the formulas of these plants in the labs to give birth to chemical compounds that are supposed to replace the original.
    But they completely altered nature by doing so and left out an important piece of knowledge: the life force within the plants that is .

You see I am finding it difficult to draw a clear line between what you call science and pseudo science because when you speak to allopaths about natural ways to heal yourself by using plants and so on they will be the ones that tend to consider the knowledge you lean upon as charlatan pseudo science.

So to me these questions alone suffice : does it align with nature and the life force ?
    Does this help preserve life as a whole ? Does it expand on consciousness ? Does this help me become a better  human being ? Does it open my Heart, the home of the soul, to life as a whole ?

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

I think. Mudras
    What are the great ten finds of pseudo science
    What are the great ten finds of science

Sadly, the former is tainted by unqualified wannabees that just make it up as they go along. Where is Keshe when you need him lol.
    But the latter tend to know what they are talking about like it or not.

Now when it comes to medicine...rather than some bullshit alien theory of the cosmos....I can do a bit of Susan Weed for you
    That's nature....not pseudo. but as for dicks like Marshall masters and other twits. Kiss my bottom

Nature provides lol
    Aliens suck ass
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 am

Our current paradigm of "seeing" is dogma. Signs after signs after signs our people have received. And we just repel to knowledge and go further down the cave of our own projections. Its astonishing...

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 am