tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
mudra
Carol
6 posters

Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling?

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Empty Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling?

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1d1R0JdyM5h0xcYovQNUa_uWhc7kbbEfvU3GdMl2y2xuCcNDp Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtuU_8e2Ys1axRFi7tkfAVVrBlVnQaesrmr_FOmesZ-qZ3Cz4- Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdGUGlEL2GSlWo2nQ7jnFiwUHXQFamBoXJDdk3LblmpivB97W7 Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTnKM5zRSXI144Q5-D0e6IVER7dGobWqyCltIpMWvV2F-gESv_7Q
    Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling?
    June 7, 2011 – MAD WORLD- Suddenly, the world is a very scary place and is becoming more like the broken, decaying, dystopian world in science-fiction films none of us ever imagined would become a reality. Everything appears to be disintegrating around us. Fears about the worsening European debt crisis is growing as weak economic data from China sent stock markets around the world tumbling over the last two weeks. The financial contagion has already spread to Spain and beyond. Governments in the Middle East are unraveling and falling into the hands of mob rule. Tension is growing between Iran, Arab nations and Israel. NATO is escalating its offensive in Libya everyday and appears to be one decision away from a ground offensive. NATO jets made 60 airstrikes inside the country today. Unrest is growing in Syria as well as the body count for protestors who are at odds with the ruling oligarch over government policy. More than a thousand people have already died in the massacre. Russia has already warned the U.S. that any intervention in the country could solicit a response involving Russian troops. Russia has ambitions of building naval bases in Tartus Syria and has no desire to see it plans of erecting a beachhead in the Middle East go up in smoke- no matter how many protestors Syrian forces gun down in the streets. Japan’s has been leveled by natural disasters and its utility infrastructure is in ruins and still leaking dangerous radiation over the Japanese countryside. Worst, Japan has to borrow money to rebuild its own country even as more seismic and volcanic threats loom over the country. Fearing a U.S. financial collapse could be imminent, China has already divested 97% of its interest in U.S. treasuries. There is no one in the world left to finance America’s maniacal spending habits. South of the U.S. border, Mexico’s oil production is in decline and drug violence has now taken over large parts of the country. 30,000 people have died so far in the violence. China is restless and is starting to colonize its interest around the world. The U.S. has $61.6 trillion dollars in unfunded debt obligations and that’s just what’s on the books. The actual figure is much higher. George Miller, who developed the Mad Max films, said he never thought he would live to see the films become a reality. In the sci-fi hit films, Wikipedia says, “the world is described as “crumbled and…the cities have exploded;” there have been uprisings and social disorder due to energy shortages; and that “two mighty warrior tribes” had gone to war. The governments attempted to restore order, but life has become a “whirlwind of looting and a firestorm of fear, in which men began to feed on men.” What has happened to our planet?

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Empty Re: Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling?

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:43 pm

MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s rival crime gangs are in an arms race, and the latest sign of that are the homemade “Mad Max” type heavily armored vehicles they deploy to withstand fierce clashes with each other. The army found two more “narco tanks” over the weekend in Ciudad Camargo in Tamaulipas state along the border with Texas. –McClatchy http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/06/06/115327/mexican-drug-gangs-building-own.html

mudra
    mudra

Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling? Empty Re: Breaking point: Modern civilization as we know it on the verge of unraveling?

Post  mudra Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Planet Earth Doesn't Know How To Make It Any Clearer It Wants Everyone To Leave

EARTH—According to a statement released to the press Tuesday, the planet Earth has "just about run out of ways" to let its roughly 6.9 billion human inhabitants know it wants them all to leave.

Following a recent series of disastrous floods along the Mississippi River and destructive tornadoes across much of the United States—as well as a year of even deadlier natural catastrophes all over the world—the Earth said its options for strongly implying that it no longer wants human beings living on it have basically been exhausted.

"At this point, I think I've stated my wishes quite loudly and clearly," the Earth's statement to all of humanity read in part. "I haven't exactly been subtle about it, you realize. I have literally tried to drown you, crush you, starve you, dehydrate you, pump you full of diseases, and suck your homes and families into swirling vortices of death. Honestly, what more is it going to take for you people to get the message?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" the statement continued. "Get the f**k out of here. I want you to leave now."

The statement went on to list thousands of incidents in 2011 alone that the Earth claimed were "solely and unmistakably" designed to inform the human race that it might be time to move on, including the devastating tsunami that caused thousands of deaths in Japan, an earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, that killed an estimated 181 people, and historic rainstorms in Colombia that destroyed entire communities with deadly landslides.

The planet Earth also singled out an ongoing drought in China that has left more than 2.3 million people with a shortage of fresh water as "a pretty big goddamned tip-off, wouldn't you say?"

While the Earth had hoped the human race might finally "get the picture" following one of the harshest winter storm years in recorded history, it instead found that people simply went on with their lives, occasionally making reference to disaster victims in their thoughts and prayers but showing no intention whatsoever of preparing themselves for a long trip through the far reaches of space to find a new home.

"I know your species has developed the technology to leave me, I've seen you use it before, so I'm asking you now, please, just take the hint already," read another excerpt from the Earth's statement, which added that it would really be best for all concerned if humanity were to "trundle off to some other biosphere for a while." "You can't possibly be enjoying this, can you? Honestly, you would have to be completely deranged or masochistic to continue staying here."

Immediately after delivering the statement, the Earth ignited a series of wildfires throughout the world's arid regions.

Though some scientists have responded to Earth's message with theories as to precisely what the planet might be trying to communicate, most firmly acknowledged that further study would be required before any definitive evidence could be gleaned from the "fascinating" statement.

"Certainly these utterances from the Earth are strongly worded, but at this point it is difficult to say whether they speak to a larger trend or are simply a bio-geological anomaly," Dr. Roger Summons of MIT said. "While there seems to be an implication that the Earth wants us to go away and never come back, I, for one, can't say conclusively from either a geochemical or a meteorological standpoint whether this is in fact the case."

In a sharp rebuke to both the planet and the mainstream scientific community, Republican leaders in Congress responded this week with a scathing critique of what they deemed to be the Earth's "pathetic and extremist viewpoints."

"What we're seeing here is the same old scientific mumbo jumbo and partisan rhetoric that the Earth has been spewing out for millennia," Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) said. "We're not going to be bullied by a celestial body that has time and again failed to deliver on its promise to glorify and reward mankind with its bounty."

Immediately following these statements from the human race, the Earth emitted a loud sigh, which shifted multiple tectonic plates and caused massive earthquakes on five continents.

http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-686801.htm

Love Always
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:55 pm

My friends and I have discussed our Mad Max plans over the last 25 years. We weren't laughing then, and we are not laughing now. Being mobile, and following the heart path in all things is what will keep people safe. We will need to help displaced persons, no doubt.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I still think having a camper van is the way to go. If one has to bug out it has everything. Toilet, shower, oven, microwave, stove and wheels. A self contained unit is just smart. My brother picked up two used RVs under 3k just by checking Craig's list. The one I like the best is easy on gas and easy to park anywhere.

My favorite camper van RV is Roadtrek because it is the size of a van. I also liked the Rialta as it get 21 mpg.

2006 Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B
    The 2006 Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B Motorhome is basically a comfortable SUV which is great for traveling, especially with company in mind. The front of the Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B Motorhome has two swiveling captain’s seats and two forward facing lounge seats, a very comfortable arrangement when with just a pivot you have the perfect place to chat, dine, play games etc. around the cloverleaf dining table. The L-shaped lounge at the back of the Roadtrek 210-Versatile makes for a great place to get some rest on the queen-size bed or watch a movie with the optional flat screen TV and DVD player, or both off course. This Class B Motorhome seats 2 to 6 and sleeps 2 to 4 in the front single beds & rear queen bed (optional power sofa). Roadtrek Motorhome

Rialta Winnebago sleeps 4 - seats 6 floor plan

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classa/A15318875.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/rvs/rvs/winnebago-rvs.htm&usg=__jzwKaKGulG2uV9vzjdbw8bqlJk0=&h=139&w=529&sz=46&hl=en&start=89&sig2=fWmsGA_GSP0cK3QhfDlSmg&zoom=1&tbnid=RcGbkrBjm4_0vM:&tbnh=35&tbnw=132&ei=UgfpTa-aNqbL0QGw24WzAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drialta%2Brv%2Bfloor%2Bplans%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1192%26bih%3D616%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&biw=1192&bih=616

http://www.leisurevans.com/freeflight/index.html

Rialta Winnebago
    http://www.rialtaheaven.com/?gclid=CJWA85iSmqkCFQUDbAodQmv4ug

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

This was just on C2C last night.

Megacatastrophes:

"Appearing during the middle two hours of Wednesday's show, author and astronomer David Darling talked about a variety of strange ways the Earth and its inhabitants could meet with a sudden and unexpected end, with some possibilities more probable than others. A colliding asteroid 5-10 miles across could be a "planet-buster" in the sense that it would change the course of civilization, but it's more likely we'd be hit by a smaller object, he noted. A smaller asteroid, say 500 feet across, could hit with the impact of 100 H bombs, and cause regional devastation with massive tsunamis, he added.

If a rogue planet was headed toward us on a collision course, there might not be a lot we could do about it, but we'd know about it decades in advance, Darling continued. There is some danger to Earth from nearby stars going supernova. It's possible gamma ray bursts of radiation from such an explosion could be pointed at us and destroy our ozone layer, he detailed. Darling also talked about the possibility of a supervolcano eruption, such as at Yellowstone where the massive caldron is 35-40 miles across. This type of event would wipe out agriculture in North America for a number of years, he warned."

Just remember - all of this are just possibilities that may NEVER happen in our lifetimes.

The only thing I'm pretty certain about is the galactic wave. 2012 isn't that far off.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 am

Carol wrote:I still think having a camper van is the way to go. If one has to bug out it has everything. Toilet, shower, oven, microwave, stove and wheels. A self contained unit is just smart. My brother picked up two used RVs under 3k just by checking Craig's list. The one I like the best is easy on gas and easy to park anywhere.

My favorite camper van RV is Roadtrek because it is the size of a van. I also liked the Rialta as it get 21 mpg.

2006 Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B
    The 2006 Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B Motorhome is basically a comfortable SUV which is great for traveling, especially with company in mind. The front of the Roadtrek 210-Versatile Class B Motorhome has two swiveling captain’s seats and two forward facing lounge seats, a very comfortable arrangement when with just a pivot you have the perfect place to chat, dine, play games etc. around the cloverleaf dining table. The L-shaped lounge at the back of the Roadtrek 210-Versatile makes for a great place to get some rest on the queen-size bed or watch a movie with the optional flat screen TV and DVD player, or both off course. This Class B Motorhome seats 2 to 6 and sleeps 2 to 4 in the front single beds & rear queen bed (optional power sofa). Roadtrek Motorhome

Rialta Winnebago sleeps 4 - seats 6 floor plan

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classa/A15318875.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/rvs/rvs/winnebago-rvs.htm&usg=__jzwKaKGulG2uV9vzjdbw8bqlJk0=&h=139&w=529&sz=46&hl=en&start=89&sig2=fWmsGA_GSP0cK3QhfDlSmg&zoom=1&tbnid=RcGbkrBjm4_0vM:&tbnh=35&tbnw=132&ei=UgfpTa-aNqbL0QGw24WzAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drialta%2Brv%2Bfloor%2Bplans%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1192%26bih%3D616%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&biw=1192&bih=616

Rialta Winnebago
    http://www.rialtaheaven.com/?gclid=CJWA85iSmqkCFQUDbAodQmv4ug

I've thought about getting one of these too, but then I wondered if we'd be able to get any fuel for it anywhere if all electricity etc is out.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:15 am

I think we can take lesson from that temple that was left standing in the middle of the Tsunami in Japan.
    Love itself contains the seeds of eternity.
    When we put our Heart in the moment we are adding to life and allow what is'nt sustaining it to crumble and disappear.

The Karen

Love Always
    mudra
    I Am
    I Am

Post  I Am Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Mudra - on the nail. Let us be the calm beacons of love and tranquilty - even, no especially, in times of global turmoil and destruction.
    The true spirit warriors do not fight the Mad Max road wars...we keep away from those roads, following only paths with hearts...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I thought the story of the stand Buddhist Temple one of great hope. I've read of similar stories and it always makes my heart happy.

The camper van is more for something where one can have a self-contained living space is other stuff didn't work and of course I would utilize solar panels. I just can't help but get practical when dealing with some of this stuff. I was always the one who had to pull it all together when everyone else went off the deep end.

However, I also have complete faith that everything will work out exactly as it should and one should not invest energy in worrying about negative possibilities.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Carol wrote:
    The camper van is more for something where one can have a self-contained living space is other stuff didn't work and of course I would utilize solar panels. I just can't help but get practical when dealing with some of this stuff. I was always the one who had to pull it all together when everyone else went off the deep end.

Who knows Carol ?
    In some future somewhere some of us may be sitting in the middle of nowhere and there you'll come to pick us up with your van Wink

One thing I am sure of is the Heart we all share will always bring us together.

Love for you
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Are we potentially facing a global societal meltdown, no matter what we do, right or wrong? I've really been worrying about this lately. Even if all the bad guys and gals got kicked-out and incarcerated overnight, and all of the laws, treaties, and policies were made-right, would a global societal trainwreck still occur? Think long and hard about this. I know what I'd like to see in an ideal solar system society, but I'm not really sure how to get there, at this point. So many things are out of balance or out of control. I guess that's why I keep thinking in terms of positively reinforcing the best of the past and the present. Then innovative new ideas can be introduced in an evolutionary manner, in the coming decades. I feel as though society is like an out of control car on an icy mountain road, which is sliding toward a 1,000 meter cliff. You don't want to crank the wheel or slam on the brakes. You keep your foot off the gas and the brakes, and very carefully try to steer away from the cliff. We seem to be at the edge of the cliff right now. I advocate a helluva lot more research than action right now. I keep trying to read new books, to try to adjust to the way things REALLY are, so as to be somewhat of a societal buffer when the excrement inevitably hits the air-conditioning system. I really desire a United States of the Solar System, but I'm a patient man. I think that promoting the concept of RESPONSIBILITY worldwide, is probably the most important thing we can do right now. I know that I've been toying with specific ideas and recommendations, but I'm really quite easy to work with, and I don't want to insist on my own way. I really wish to facilitate excellence in others. I'm really still trying to get my bearings. I'll probably just keep making these daily posts until they shut down the internet and take me away. I'm frankly expecting the worst, but I'm not doing a helluva lot to prepare for it. I really don't think there's anywhere to hide, so I'm not going anywhere. I think we've technologically bit-off more than we can chew. Perhaps new technology should have to pass a 'Long-Term Benefit to Society Test' before it can be implemented. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkFeA2pOQY What really worries me, is that the common-sense approach I have tried to take over the past couple of years seems to have fallen on deaf-ears. Very few wish to speak with me. I keep trying, and I keep being ignored. Perhaps I should just shut-up and enjoy the meltdown...

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I Am wrote:Mudra - on the nail. Let us be the calm beacons of love and tranquilty - even, no especially, in times of global turmoil and destruction.
    The true spirit warriors do not fight the Mad Max road wars...we keep away from those roads, following only paths with hearts...

So it is I Am indeed.

Hugs

Love for you
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Oxy, all one has to do is look at congress and know that the common sense approach fell off the roof years ago.

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 pm

I Am wrote:Mudra - on the nail. Let us be the calm beacons of love and tranquilty - even, no especially, in times of global turmoil and destruction.

I Am: that statement is so true! Let's walk a winding little country path and stay away from the machinations as much as possible.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:04 pm