tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
B.B.Baghor
Jenetta
Mercuriel
magamud
Floyd
mudra
10 posters

Our legacy to future generations

mudra
    mudra

Our legacy to future generations - Page 7 Empty Re: Our legacy to future generations

Post  mudra Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 pm

50 years off-grid: architect-maker paradise amid NorCal redwoods

https://youtu.be/2qcsWajivnI

In 1968, Charles Bello and his wife, Vanna Rae, moved onto 240 acres of redwood forest looking to live a simpler life off the land. They had spent their savings to purchase the land so they got to work building their home themselves. Their first structure was a panelized A-frame that they erected in 5 days (with help from a couple family members). The total cost was $2,800.

The property is a half-hour drive down a dirt road and it was bare land when they arrived so Charles and Vanna Rae built their own infrastructure: roads, bridges and went decades without refrigeration nor phone (they eventually installed PV panels and cabling for phone lines).

After 15 years in the A-frame, they built a cabin in the woods, and there they lived for a decade until the trees began to block out their views. In 1991 Charles (who once apprenticed under famed architect Richard Neutra) designed the Parabolic Glass House. With a curvilinear wood roof and two curved walls of windows, the home feels enveloped in trees.

Charles and Vanna Rae built it for $8,500 with the timber they milled themselves, using salvaged materials for everything from doorknobs to stoves. The couple relied on photovoltaics, solar thermal and gas for power, and a dug-in greenhouse attached to the home provided much of their food. By canning and preserving, they could go for months without going to a grocery store. Their two boys were homeschooled. The couple supported themselves selling Christmas trees.

Nearly all the old-growth trees on the property were logged in the early 20th century, but Charles has spent the past half-century restoring the land. He and his wife set up the Redwood Forest Institute in 1997 to manage and preserve the forest. He has carefully selected 1,000 trees to be preserved for 2 millennia as the next generation of old-growth.

Now, 88 years old and a widower, Charles is determined to find successors; he hopes to find "three professional couples in their early 40's, financially independent, who want to settle on the property continuing 52 years stewardship of this special place in a sustainable lifestyle where one does for himself or herself rather than urban living". He is currently building "glamping" guest houses that he hopes will help fund the enterprise.
    mudra
    mudra

Our legacy to future generations - Page 7 Empty Re: Our legacy to future generations

Post  mudra Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:06 am

World’s Rivers Awash In Pharmaceuticals, Historic Study Reveals

Underscoring the value of collaboration, experts from around the world on Monday unveiled what they described as the first “truly global study” of pharmaceutical drugs contaminating rivers, which has “deleterious effects on ecological and human health.”

The historic analysis, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, involved 127 authors from 86 institutions. They examined surface water samples from 1,052 sites in 104 countries—including 36 that had never been monitored before— across all continents for 61 different active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).

Sample sites ranged from an Indigenous community in Venezuela where modern medicine is not used to highly populated urban areas such as Delhi, London, and New York City. Researchers also gathered samples from regions with political instability, including Baghdad, Nablus in the Palestinian West Bank, and Cameroon’s capital, Yaoundé.

The United States was the “most extensively studied” nation, with samples collected at 81 locations along 29 rivers across Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Missouri, Nevada, New York, and Texas. Samples were also taken in every European Union member state except Malta, which the paper explains “was not included due to the country’s lack of rivers.”

The paper notes that all four contaminants detected on every continent—caffeine, nicotine, acetaminophen or paracetamol, and cotinine—are “considered either lifestyle compounds or over-the-counter APIs.” Another 14 APIs, including various antidepressants and antihistamines, were found on all continents except Antarctica.

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2022/02/worlds-rivers-awash-in-pharmaceuticals-historic-study-reveals.html?utm_source=Activist&fbclid=IwAR3Dw-V1VInu2QC4p3u02yI09-irtjYdSo64WlcLUR534VJ7qoORJs1Ew34
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:44 am

We have been systematically poisoned for the last 60 years, at least. I can come to no other conclusion than it is deliberate.

I used to test water as part of my job, 20 years back, and it was bad then.

This issue is massively under - reported for a number of reasons. The main reason is that adequate testing is not carried out. Whatever else you may think of the EU, it´s creation was the final nail in this coffin. Monitoring in the EU is merely lip-service. That report says 81 sites were tested in the USA. 81 sites! statistically, that approximates to nothing.

Many of these chemicals have synergistic effects with other chemicals, making the situation even worse.. and many compounds that are tested for rapidly break down in nature, releasing other toxins, which are not tested for.

I used to say, quite correctly.. "If you dont look for something, you won´t ever find it. If you never find it, you can pretend it isnt there". Pretty much sums up the current situation with environmental monitoring.

Incidentally, folk are now waking up to the fact that they treat our bodies the same way they do the environment. We even inject poison into babies these days.

Furthermore... all the real science was thrown out about 15 years ago in favour of climate research. It´s all fake computer models now.

What a world! I am glad I am getting old, I can´t imagine coming into this world today as a young man!

mudra likes this post

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:10 pm

Thank-you, Mudra and Vidya. That off-grid property is phenomenal!! Poisons for sixty-years resonated with me. As my physical, mental, and spiritual situation has worsened exponentially, I suspect some sort of lifelong toxin program to modify and ultimately destroy me. I could go into the details, but you probably already know much more than I do. I've hinted at a lot of stuff in my threads throughout the years. I'm suspecting an artificial-intelligence and demonic-possession component which might literally bring humanity to its knees. We probably don't have much time. The end is near (again). I recently heard what sounded like an alien spaceship in a public place (just for a few seconds). There's probably a simple and unexotic explanation but I began thinking in terms of hidden spaceships and beautiful aliens!! I continue to call BS and SOS regarding my miserable and hamstrung situation, but I doubt things will improve. I'm mostly explaining rather than complaining. I have utterly failed to realize my conceptualized idealism. It might involve galactic conquest and karmic debt. That wouldn't surprise me, but absolute morality relative to situation ethics might involve redemption and restoration following a nefarious coup involving stolen technology and power-mad conspirators. If the ends do not justify the means, then what does?? I have represented my threads as being contextual rather than conclusive, representative of a potpourri of problems which require solutions. Last night, I was thinking in terms of a planet filled with the contents of the following link.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:18 pm

I was just thinking of you oxy, in relation to Solomon´s temple, of all things. I have been putting together some thoughts / ideas on where we are now.. and it ties into this thread, and the poisons and more.. I will probably post it over in the bridge way sometime...

My time in advaita was a lifetime ago now. The take home is as real now as it was then. Everything is always perfect, it can not be any other way. In the same way that folk after NDE can embrace nuclear war. That´s all part of the perfect grand design too.  In the bridgeway we talked of stepping out of this prison planet, not taking the trap of the white light and tunnel and love of "spiritual family" (think, Dark city, Matrix).  So if your miserable existence taught you that much, and it is sound knowledge, then hey.. you made it one way or another. You may yet convert your hearse into a 4X4 off road beast, complete with nubile secretary to take notes.

I think I mentioned my personal crutch here in the mists before "I am but a facet of god, experiencing the universe". I don´t use it much these days, but it is there if I need it.

Can we embrace mercury poison by syringe? Did covid wake folk up to the fact everything we are taught is a lie.....

more later Wink
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:21 pm

Thank-you, Vidya. I'm resigning myself to thinking in terms of possibilities. I've created eleven USSS books with everyone's help, but they're not really books, and probably never will be real books. The images, videos, posts, and quotes make it work. 'RA' told me, "You Did It with YouTube." Unfortunately, I still know I don't know, and perhaps I'm not supposed to know, even though I've probably come close to knowing too much. Consider deliberately inflicted parasites and toxins. Sherry Shriner talked a lot about 'Soul Scalping'. Her podcasts were really creepy but what if they were somewhat true?? I look forward to your insights. Consider King David, King Solomon, and the Queen of Sheba (figuratively and/or literally). I'm serious about not cramming politics and religion down people's throats. They have enough BS to deal with. I had my chance, and now I need to sit down and shut up. It's easier that way. What Would Dr. WHO Do?? What Would Dr. W.H.O. Do??

Ashera
    Ashera

Post  Ashera Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:53 am

Future generations?

They belong to those self-less self-destroyers!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am