tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

A day with Satish Kumar

mudra
    mudra

A day with Satish Kumar Empty A day with Satish Kumar

Post  mudra Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Satish Kumar is an Indian, currently living in England, who has been a Jain monk and a nuclear disarmament advocate, and is the current editor of Resurgence, founder and Director of Programmes of the Schumacher College international centre for ecological studies and of The Small School. His most notable accomplishment is a "peace walk" with a companion to the capitals of four of the nuclear-armed countries - Washington, London, Paris and Moscow, a trip of over 8,000 miles. He insists that reverence for nature should be at the heart of every political and social debate.

A day with Satish Kumar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCW-qkbyezs&feature=channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzGyidN1nqE&feature=channel

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

A day with Satish Kumar Empty Re: A day with Satish Kumar

Post  mudra Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Earth Pilgrim

In this unique BBC 2 Natural World documentary Resurgence Editor Satish Kumar reflects on our connection to our natural environment. Using the traditional English landscape of Dartmoor as his natural muse he offers a very Indian perspective through the changing seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6de9FjR40g0&p=20953B702E021EAF&index=1

Love Always
    mudra
    Zedd
    Zedd

Post  Zedd Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi All

Humanity runs a real danger in not accepting their unique bond with this planet we call earth, or that some know as Gaia. We need to look further afield however, as in understanding that we are indeed a part of this planetary system, the planetary system is a part of the universe and so it goes out to the macro. The inverse is true where everything "expands" into the micro-verse.

There can be no other way. I said humanity runs a danger.....to continue. What is this danger? How can we be in danger for something as simple as refusing to believe that we are part of the whole just as the skin on your body is a part of you personally and that this is indeed inescapable? I will give the short and simplistic answer. Every organism has a reflex reaction to rid itself of "alien entities", that is, intruders who are nothing more than parasites and actually add no value.

Think about this please. If we are parasites, Gaia, as a living organism, will sooner than later decide to rid herself of such. This is a truth, and we had better wake up to this truth. If we are of no benefitial use to Gaia, we are then parasites.

The choice is ours really. I personally see the escalation in upheavels as a sign that Gaia is beginning to take action to "cure Herself".

For those who indeed have a raised level of conscience, this will not be a fearful time as indeed, Gaia being Mother, will indeed communicate with you and guide you. She will, just as any other caring mother would, take loving care of those who in turn love her.

LL&P

Z

Last edited by Zedd on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks Zedd .
    Your words reminded of this wonderfull video of Chief Oren Lyons and Red Crow that is called "A message to the World - We are all One ".
    Wise men .. just as you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmvAqCXYvt0

Love from me
    mudra
    Zedd
    Zedd

Post  Zedd Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm

mudra wrote:Thanks Zedd .
    Your words reminded of this wonderfull video of Chief Oren Lyons and Red Crow that is called "A message to the World - We are all One ".
    Wise men .. just as you.

Love from me
    mudra

Thank you for such kind words Mudra, but really I am not wise, I have just embarked on "my journey" to be honest. I love the series that this clip comes from and it is one of those I give to people I meet, people at work etc. I have decided to make a bundle of dvd's and keep them in my bag and anyone who happens upon me gets a copy.
    It is the least I can do.

Much Love

Z
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 am

These are truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Flowers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm