tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
anomalous cowherd
Floyd
6 posters

Mists of Avalon Regional Forum

Floyd
    Floyd

Mists of Avalon Regional Forum Empty Mists of Avalon Regional Forum

Post  Floyd Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 am

Just a quickie
    A while back Mudra asked me to set up a forum for problems that may surface from geological catastrophy ie the gulf and we both thought a forum allowing members to keep in contact with each other on local basis was an excellent idea.
    The forum has been in mothballs for a while ready to go as and when required.
    Ive changed the name of it to Mists regional blah blah blah

Ive changed it slightly so you can now have it as a Mists regional forum to communicate on a local basis. To take over from where Avalon failed.

If you want the forum here then Carol will have to sort that out.. but it may work better as a seperate entity. in the mean time I bought a domain name which will do for now so you can find it here as a kind of Mists web portal
    http://www.themistsofavalon.info/

I have no time to, nor am remotley interested in moderating anything so you will have to do that yourselves or someone can run the forum.
    Also if any of you guys want your own websites put on the links section of the .info let me know and I'll put them up for you.

It was there anyway so now its up to you guys if you want to use it or not.
    Coffee time.
    Floyd
    IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU JESTER!!!!!!!!
    WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR????
    YOU ARE BUNNED!!!!

anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Mists of Avalon Regional Forum Empty Re: Mists of Avalon Regional Forum

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 am

very cool floyd, I knew you'd be back, even briefly,. and now I am strangely compelled to find coffee , Hypnotize
    I am so sorry to hear you won't be moderating though. :crybaby
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:39 am

Thank you Floyd. I just posted in the Southeast USA section. I think I'm alone in this part of the jungle for now, but, hey, it could change!
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm thinking of adding Links to Like Minded Souls on the Front Page Portal...

As You had an Affiliate to Our Initiative at the MoA - What is the Link to this Resource or is the ;

www.themistsofavalon.info

The New Domain Name of the Site I and others had registered at previously...

Question

Sorry Bro - It been a busy few months for Me and some things have slipped My Memory...

:)

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 am

Mercuriel wrote:I'm thinking of adding Links to Like Minded Souls on the Front Page Portal...

As You had an Affiliate to Our Initiative at the MoA - What is the Link to this Resource or is the ;

www.themistsofavalon.info

The New Domain Name of the Site I and others had registered at previously...

Question

Sorry Bro - It been a busy few months for Me and some things have slipped My Memory...

:)

Hi Merc, No sweat,,,I know you have had more important things to deal with.

You can add this sure..Its a little gateway to the mists ive been building up when I get a chance as Ive been very busy.
    It has videos on and I hope to build up a huge vault of free resources (videos articles, pdfs )on there for people to enjoy while being a click away from the mists forum. A bit like an annexe I guess, a one stop shop.

The forum -I deleted as It wasnt happening...and Im not interested in being Admin full time as I have a couple of websites to run.
    If people really wanted it I could set something for a regional forum up again. In my experience though, as I found in Avalon 1, people prefer to talk themselves to death in preference to doing anything constructive along these lines of regional activity, so im not sure if it would serve as another distraction. But if you guys want it then I will do it for you. You could vote or whatever. I can give some time to do this if required...(but I warn you my fees are excessive!!!!!!! lol)

so sure add the site as it they will go well together I think.

It could be a useful for first timers to this subject area. Well at least thats the idea.

http://www.themistsofavalon.info/

Cheers Mercman
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 am

Ah Floyd, how true, can you believe there were 4 or 5 people at least in my very same small town on the old Avalon , I invited all of them for meeting up, and my did I get the ignore factor, one guy even said he had a family to consider, Nutbar what the heck?

But i did get to meet Morgana and a few disappeared ones, yup, they disappeared off the forum right after the meet . pretty cosmic, eh?

Maybe our radient zone wasn't radiating?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:Ah Floyd, how true, can you believe there were 4 or 5 people at least in my very same small town on the old Avalon , I invited all of them for meeting up, and my did I get the ignore factor, one guy even said he had a family to consider, Nutbar what the heck?

But i did get to meet Morgana and a few disappeared ones, yup, they disappeared off the forum right after the meet . pretty cosmic, eh?

See you got the Midas touch then AC!
    Often I think people want to meet up with like minds but they may not get on in real life. Or instead of using regional forums practically, turn it inton a dating agency!
    I recall a thread on Avalon being about Avalon Singles and I dont recall the establishment of any meaningful regional groups. That kind of says it all. So to me it is about priorities. Meeting people isnt always constructive... but...it could be....I suppose
    You should have taken some cheese and onion sandwhiches with you AC.
    F
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 am

Done...

cheers

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Floyd wrote:
    Often I think people want to meet up with like minds but they may not get on in real life. Or instead of using regional forums practically, turn it inton a dating agency!
    I recall a thread on Avalon being about Avalon Singles and I dont recall the establishment of any meaningful regional groups. That kind of says it all. So to me it is about priorities. Meeting people isnt always constructive... but...it could be....I suppose

Dating agency? Hehehe…..I guess I have a different idea about dating. The good thing about Internet is that people get to know each other how they think and feel. How many times we gave in into a physical attraction?.......To wake up quite annoyed……why he is still here?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:34 am

[quote="starninja"]
    Floyd wrote:

Dating agency? Hehehe…..I guess I have a different idea about dating. The good thing about Internet is that people get to know each other how they think and feel. How many times we gave in into a physical attraction?.......To wake up quite annoyed……why he is still here?

The downside of this is that some people on forums hide behind false and fantasy personas. Perhaps some may like to have more than one.
    This leads to deception and self deception. Though of course some people are capable of these deceptions off line to, its just that its a little more difficult to verify in cyber land due to the (relative) anonymity of the internet.
    For me I prefer to look people in the eye or shake their hand and have a real conversation. Though forums are useful they are very limited in their scope.

Meeting like minds on the iternet is one thing but there may be suprises if these people where to meet up in life on a regular basis.
    The point of the regional ground crew forums on Avalon was to create regional groups which clearly was an epic failure.

Last edited by Floyd on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:31 am; edited 3 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 am

Mercuriel wrote:Done...

cheers

Cheers mercman lad!
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:53 am

Floyd wrote:
    The downside of this is that some people on forums hide behind false and fantasy personas. Perhaps some may like to have more than one.
    This leads to deception and self deception. Though of course some people are capable of these deceptions off line to, its just that its a little more difficult to verify in cyber land due to the (relative) anonymity of the internet.
    For me I prefer to look people in the eye or shake their hand and have a real conversation. Though forums are useful they are very limited in their scope.

Meeting like minds on the iternet is one thing but there may be suprises if these people where to meet up in life on a regular basis.
    The point of the regional ground crew forums on Avalon was to create regional groups which clearly was an epic failure.

I agree that creating regional groups was a failure. But it is not a bad thing. Why do we want to follow Bill, Kerry,or Green ideas? It was a quite superficial concept from the beginning.…..internet and a real life are two different things. Internet in its essence is superficial and interactions are superficial which may provide a comfort to many people who are afraid to show vulnerability and their true self. People may also create a false and fantasy personas but the number of people who do this is relatively small and it becomes obvious sooner than later. After all, we are talking about integrity and we can’t fake it.
    I definitely prefer real interactions where I can feel others feelings. But we are sensual beings and often fall prey to our senses…….to wake up how wrong they were. Hehehe…..there is no win win solution.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:Ah Floyd, how true, can you believe there were 4 or 5 people at least in my very same small town on the old Avalon , I invited all of them for meeting up, and my did I get the ignore factor, one guy even said he had a family to consider, Nutbar what the heck?

Ac, I know from someone, who met certain members of a certain forum, that in real life they were not so"love&light" like they presented themselves to be. it is not possible to show your 100% real self on the forum, also not to create disharmony,but with some it is like putting on a totally different mask. Virtual life can be deceitful but hiding one's true self makes no sense in the long run.
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Burgundia wrote:
    ac, I know from someone, who met certain members of a certain forum, that in real life they were not so"love&light" like they presented themselves to be. it is not possible to show your 100% real self on the forum, also not to create disharmony,but with some it is like putting on a totally different mask. Virtual life can be deceitful but hiding one's true self makes no sense in the long run.

Hiding true self doesn’t make any senses. It is self betrayal. I agree that showing who we really are create disharmony. But what is important in the end of the day, false harmony at our expense or disharmony that is caused by our honesty? Hehehe…….you know which one I choose. Big Grin 2
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Starninja, I like your choice. Honesty is also easier for the lazy people like me. You never have to remember what lies you told which people. That feels like harmony. Not the other way around, saying lies to others and having fake harmony. You are one smart young woman.
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 am

Lindabaker wrote:
    Starninja, I like your choice. Honesty is also easier for the lazy people like me. You never have to remember what lies you told which people. That feels like harmony. Not the other way around, saying lies to others and having fake harmony. You are one smart young woman.

Linda, I agree that it is harmony when we are true to ourselves. But people may not like it, and in fact, when we speak our truth people may get hurt. But the price of self-betrayal is deadly. It is a human dilemma to be honest with ourselves and others or to be accepted. I choose honesty even if it means to stand alone.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:09 am