tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon!

Floyd
    Floyd

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! Empty Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon!

Post  Floyd Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am

I just undertook my usual pilgramage to the tor at Glastonbury and it was marvelous as ever. The tor itself is the centre piece of Aquarius in the Glastonbury Zodiac, in this instance represented by a pheonix. I was hoping to film the legendary 'mists of avalon' that appear around the foot of the tor and across the Vale of Avalon early in the morning looking like a mysterious silver grey sea over the Somerset landscape. The tor is the apex of a triangle connected with Cadbury Castle or Camelot (not Tintagel as has been suggested) and Athenly, connected to the tor on the St Micheal ley line.

Well sorry there is no mists of avalon video as it rained solid for two days so no mists. To make up for it there where two other 'Mists of Avalon' so I took pictures of them. One, a book in the house where I stayed and the other a shop in the high street !

Hope this makes yo for the disappointment. Of course, there is only one Mists of Avalon!!

Does any body else have any experiences of Glastobury or the Tor!
    Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! P0506110

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! P0406110
    mudra
    mudra

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! Empty Re: Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon!

Post  mudra Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:39 am

Hey ... the Mists are not easy to catch Floyd Wink
    You 'll have to walk that path to the Tor more often .
    Keep Heart wide open and it will get you there when the time is right Cheerful

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! Empty Re: Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon!

Post  Carol Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 am

Pretty cool Floyd. We went there years ago when our daughter was very young and went on a tour. It was beautiful and there was this underground grotto with the 'Chalice Well'. We climbed up to the top of the Tor and I even took a small piece of leaves from the holy thron tree that is said to have grown from Joseph of Arimathea's staff. My dad wanted us to check out the Glastonbury Abbey as we traced back a family member who had been a monk. The entire area look very familiar to me and I felt that would be an area I would enjoy living in.

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! 000002352123XSmall Tor

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! 000002462472XSmall
    Glastonbury Tor at Dawn

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! 000000041692XSmall Abby grounds

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! 000003656005XSmall Glastonbury Abbey

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 am

Hey Carol
    The chalice Well is a beautiful location that is home to the 'red spring'.

The 'White Spring' is adjacent to the well which empties into a now obsolete reservoir building that has since been turned into a grotto like alter for the local pagan community. Above it is the site of Dion Fortune's former temple, she being a famous British oculltist of the western esoteric (christian tradition) It is on that land the 'holy' thorne, or hawthorne tree which, acoording to legend, resulted from Joseph of Arimithea planting his staff into the ground, grows to this day. There are shoots of this tree around Glastonbury.

These photos arent great but there is one of the tor and the Well last Sunday

Very Happy
    Im not suprised you were drawn to Glastonbury. Many are. Cheers Carol

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! Well10

Glastonbury and The Mists of Avalon! Tor11

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm