tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

School band told to stop performing 'How Great Thou Art'

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

School band told to stop performing 'How Great Thou Art' Empty School band told to stop performing 'How Great Thou Art'

Post  Carol Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:26 pm

School band told to stop performing 'How Great Thou Art' 1440274475789
    School band told to stop performing 'How Great Thou Art'[/center]

[size=16]A high school band performed how great thou art  at a halftime show  before they fininished playing a swat team came in arrested  the principal. and his assistant, the band director and the entire band, the insturments were confiscated along with the music.  a muslium attorney was in the stands and called a federal judge  who issued the arrest warrants.  the plaintiff is seeking civil forfieture of the entire school properrty and is likely to get it. the US DOJ under obama's orders is pursuing the case  over the objections of the community  this happened to a different band.

During halftime of Friday night’s game - a lone voice began to sing the forbidden song.

“Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee,” the singer sang.

Brittany Mann was there and she witnessed the entire moment of defiance.

“We were just sitting there and then one by one people started to stand,” she told me. “At first, it started out as a hum but the sound got louder and louder.”

She said it was a “truly incredible” moment to watch hundreds of people singing together in the stadium.

“At that moment I was so proud of my town - coming together and taking a stand for something we believe in,” she said. “It breaks my heart to see where our country is going — getting farther and farther away from the Christian beliefs that our country was founded on.”  

I suspect Miss Brittany wasn’t the only one who felt a sense of pride in the Magnolia State on that warm summer night.  

“We may be pictured as toothless, barefoot, uneducated people around the country, but we are far from it,” nearby resident Mandy Miller told me. “I’m from Mississippi and I’m not ashamed to take a stand.”  

Oh what a sight it must have been — as hundreds and hundreds of people stood together and with one voice — sent a message to Judge Reeves.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/21/school-band-told-to-stop-performing-how-great-thou-art.html

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:46 pm