tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs

investigator
    investigator

A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs Empty A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs

Post  investigator Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Hello fellow misters! I noticed many here fairly upset with the way things went in the past with PA1 and PA 2. However, we do not need Kerry or Bill, because we can easily surpass them! I thought it would be nice to post something exclusive, new, and innovative. So here we go!

We all know here for the most part that eating fresh organic fruits and veggies is the healthiest lifestyle, but most simply can't afford it for the most part. Originally, this started a long time ago when well known Mike Adams aka the "Health Ranger" from naturalnews.com wrote about Cyanotech making the best quality Spirulina in the world. So I researched this plant and noticed many other retailers selling "Hawaiian grown" spirulina as well, but for a lot less money. So I thought to myself..... If there is only one company in Hawaii making spirulina wouldn't that mean they are just getting theirs from Cyanotech too in bulk for less money, and retail marking their product up for less money, since they are buying in bulk? Anyway, I noticed supplements company Now Foods was selling their "Hawaiian" grown spirulina in 4 pound bulk containers for 80 bucks, for a lot less money than the 32.99 retail 1 pound brand name containers. So I emailed both Cyanotech, and Now Foods, to confirm if they were doing business with each other, and they both said yes. Apparently, supplement manufacturers don't care for the most part, because the producer is still making money from the bulk buyer, and the bulk buyer retail mark up guy wants you to buy his product, so they well usually tell you where they sourced their product lolz.

Anyway, on to the next part of the story....

I noticed Mike Adams in this article http://www.naturalnews.com/029364_tocotrienols_rice_bran.html claiming to be offering the best price on "Rice Bran Solubles Superfoods", he was charging 28 bucks plus 9 bucks shipping, but that simply is not true at all. I looked into this matter and every person that is selling Rice Bran Solubles, sourced their product from Nutracea corporation, because they are the copyright holder of Rice Bran Solubles, and did the research on the superfood originally. Other people simply don't have the technical expertise probably to produce Rice Bran as a superfood. Additionally, I also checked to see if the rawfoods superfood guru David Wolfe was also overcharging for his rice bran products. Unfortunately, I discovered that he was overcharging and not offering the very best value for his customers. He was selling rice bran that retails for 19.99 plus shipping on Nutracea's website and repackaging it for 39.99 plus shipping.

Here is a screenshot of me asking his customer service rep where they source their rice bran from
    A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs Kcj9jr

The thing to remember in the supplements business is the retail mark up guy wants you to buy his product, so they well usually tell you where they sourced it from. In addition Riceplex Global gets their rice bran from Nutracea and simply does a small mark up on it.

A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs 2niw5yb

Lastly, the final item discovered is high levels of arsenic were claimed to be found in rice bran products in this article http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14592-superfood-rice-bran-contains-arsenic.html . Unfortunately, I do not possess the level of scientific expertise to know whom is correct, and it's simply not worth the cost to spend hundreds of dollars sending rice bran to a lab for arsenic testing. Sadly, in Mike Adam's and David Wolfe's promotional materials for rice bran, no mention of arsenic controversy was mentioned regarding this product.

So in conclusion always try to determine the wholesale source of any superfoods your interesting in buying so you can save money if you have health challenges. And just because someone is a guru, does not mean they always have your best interests at heart. For example Mike Adams advertised to his readers that he was offering the best prices, when he clearly was not. David Wolfe advertised he was offering the best premium product for 39.99 when it was only a 19.99 product lolz. And nobody knows what's really going on with the arsenic situation. Questioning the gurus is always a good thing, and perhaps you guys discovered some useful information in this post.

Sincerely, Investigator
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs Empty Re: A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs

Post  anomalous cowherd Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Mike Adams is not very kosher on several issues, he is of course a salesman. The wild grapes that grow at the bottom of my garden are probably a lot better source of what I really need than anything from so far away. That algae stuff is pretty processed anyway, isnt it?

I also like wild nasturtiums, rocket, dandelion, nettles... doesn't it seem like we should have what we need right where we are? Unless it's a big bad city.

The poison grows next to the cure, or the other way around.
    thanks investigator.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs Empty Re: A Mists of Avalon Exclusive: Rawfood Superfood Gurus Retail Price Ripoffs

Post  lindabaker Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I will have to say here that algae is a most excellent product, if you can get the stuff from Mt. Shasta. Natures Sunshine has a blend called Super Algae and it is not highly processed. I cannot recommend it enough...it contains necessary trace minerals that are not available in our fruits and vegetables because of depleted soils. It also contains vitamin B's. It is an excellent source of plant protein. If we could ship algae to disaster areas, people could survive on algae and vitamin C alone. In fact, if they ate just those two items, they would probably have superior nutrition than they did before whatever happened to them. Think how we could help areas where hunger is prevalent...Africa, South America, US inner cities, etc. This is why I want to come into big money. I would set up a foundation for delivery of life giving nutrients, starting with the children. Rice fills the belly, but algae and C would fill nutritional needs. Linda
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 am

well then, more power and money to you! Food for thought, too.
    Looks like you are growing up before my eyes Linda!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:40 am

You certainly deserve your name investigator.
    Thanks for drawing our attention to these things.

Love from me
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:well then, more power and money to you! Food for thought, too.
    Looks like you are growing up before my eyes Linda!

Yes, I thought I'd change my Avatar just because I'm tired of being a baby. Presto! Majic! I'm in my fifties! More to come, just because I can. We can truly be any age that we want to be...
    Luminari
    Luminari

Post  Luminari Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 am

Great research Investigator! sunny

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:48 am