tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians Empty Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians

Post  Carol Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:33 am

Not only did this month’s top nanny introduce a bill that would criminalize speech deemed to be bullying–up to a year in the clink!–she introduced a bill that, according to UCLA First Amendment scholar Eugene Volokh, is not limited to speech about children (despite it being touted with the typical “for the children!” justifications). Volokh notes that the bill, if passed, could punish harsh speech directed at journalists, academics, celebrities, politicians, and the like, if the speech results in “substantial emotional distress.”

Presenting the Nanny of the Month for June 2013: New Mexico State Rep. Mary Helen Garcia!

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians Empty Re: Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians

Post  eMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm

So I guess then that critical and free thinking (not that I do any clown ) is a no-no.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians Empty Re: Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians

Post  Carol Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Since when has dissension become illegal? I thought this was what the US was founded upon when the people went up against Britain. Isn't this what the 4th of July is all about? Next we need to liberate ourselves from our own corrupt government.

I suspect that they are also going after people like Alex Jones.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Carol wrote:Since when has dissension become illegal? I thought this was what the US was founded upon when the people went up against Britain. Isn't this what the 4th of July is all about? Next we need to liberate ourselves from our own corrupt government.

I suspect that they are also going after people like Alex Jones.

Yup watch-out Alex..

In the UK, we've already have the thought police out in force for quite some time now.. can't say sheet here.
    So, I guess it's coming soon across the marble to a country near you.
    Alex could not setup shop here, he'd be in the lockup by now.
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Anti-Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians Empty Anti Bullying Bill Could Jail People Who Criticize Politicians

Post  Jenetta Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Oppa Harper Style - Air Farce

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:20 pm