tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
TRANCOSO
Jenetta
bobhardee
Floyd
burgundia
Carol
10 posters

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know!

Post  Carol Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:08 pm

1. It currently sets early in the evening and is poorly placed for viewing, especially given its dim magnitude :(.
    2. Since it is currently dimmer than magnitude 14, you need a decent astrophotography rig to see it; it is not readily visible even with the aid of a moderate size telescope.
    3. It will be high enough in the early morning sky to view it sometime in September while it is still approaching perihelion. At the same time it should start outgassing its water ice stores and show a corresponding increase in brightness.
    4. It reaches perihelion on November 28th. Earlier that month it will cease to be visible in the pre-dawn hours as it dives towards the sun.
    5. So far ISON has not brightened as much as it was originally projected to. It may not be as significant of a comet as originally hoped, in fact there is a chance it may not even survive perihelion. Once it starts outgassing from its water ice stores it could buck the current trend and go on to reach the same magnitude as the moon at perihelion, which is also when it will be next to the sun in the sky. Only time will tell.

Why is it important?
    "Because this supposed "dirty snowball" will get only 800,000 miles away from our sun,
    not melt, and upon exiting it will damn near crash into Earth.
    Bad ass snowball!"

Is this Wormwood?

It will pass over the North Pole Christmas

Last edited by Carol on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    burgundia
    burgundia

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Re: Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know!

Post  burgundia Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:40 am

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Re: Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know!

Post  Carol Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0WQH2AqIQc&feature=player_embedded
    Something strange about ISON- You might want to see this.
    This is a must watch.
    "We are all a conscious electrical influence over a bio-electric body contained within a magnetic bubble, experiencing what we call life through various vehicles which have been clouded by an electrical influence that is build up through our life from experiences, memories, events and various forms of conditioning that making up our 'mind', ego and such. Clouding our judgement of what we truly are at our core. We are fragments of One trying to find our way back to The Source of consciousness."

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 am

Thats no comet... Its a piloted craft. Just like Elenin. Run. Run. Run everybody
    Rolling Eyes 
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVLIJDXNXoo&feature=player_embedded
    Published on Aug 31, 2013
    Comet Ison Solar Flare emp electric grid down Janet Napolitano warns of unprecedented event

Did you watch this Floyd? Do you know who Janet Napolitano is? Did you listen to the other people on this video?

Napolitano is the first woman to serve as the United States Secretary of Homeland Security, in office from 2009 to 2013. Napolitano, a member of the Democratic Party, served in the administration of President Barack Obama. Previously, she was the 21st Governor of Arizona from 2003 to 2009. She was Arizona's third female governor, and the first woman to win re-election. Prior to her election as Governor, she served as Attorney General of Arizona from 1999 to 2002. Napolitano is the 1977 Truman Scholar from New Mexico. Napolitano is the fourth person (including an acting Secretary) to serve as Secretary of Homeland Security, a post that was created after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Forbes ranked her as the world's ninth most powerful woman in 2012

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:21 am

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Ison_strip
    COMET ISON: Comet ISON is still more than two months away from its spectacular close encounter with the sun. Amateur astronomers aren't waiting. The brightening comet has become a good target for backyard telescopes in the pre-dawn sky and pictures of the comet are pouring in. Last night, Chris Schur captured this image from his home observatory in Payson, Arizona: "This 25 minute exposure shows the comet through a 12 inch telescope," says Schur. "The image has sharp focus, perfect tracking and the star trails are unbroken and smooth. A nearby star added to the nice composition."

At the moment, ISON is too dim for the naked eye--"I estimate the comet's magnitude to be +12.5," says Schur--but it is on track to become an impressive sungrazer. For comparison, Comet ISON is brighter than Comet Lovejoy was in 2011 at a similar distance from the sun. The fact that Comet Lovejoy turned into a spectacular sungrazer bodes well for the performance of Comet ISON.

Observers of Comet ISON will notice that it is in the same part of the sky as Mars. The comet will make a close approach to the Red Planet on October 1st, and during that time Mars satellites will be taking ISON's picture at point blank range. Those images will likely rival or improve upon the view from Earth.

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Re: Comet Ison Five Things You Need To Know

Post  Jenetta Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey Bob that is the weirdest object/image I've ever seen...I thought comets were circular or at least oval shaped.  What is a "parallelex factor?"

Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:47 am

That's the point Jenetta. What is it? Not a bird, not a plane... maybe not even a comet. So what's left?

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Carol wrote:That's the point Jenetta. What is it? Not a bird, not a plane... maybe not even a comet. So what's left?
    Speaking as a Lord of the Galactic Federation of Lies, I'd like to add that Earthlings are so full of themselves that they seem to forget that hardly anything flying around in view of the occupants of this planet, is of significance to their well being.

Humans are not the only species that make a mockery of the God-given 'free will' ability.

There's a war going on in space - as above, so below - but destroying planet Earth is not in anyone's interest.

Although factious fiction, the content of this 'Little Green Guy Book' -
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/09/12/the-little-green-guy-book/ hits the nail on the head in the last chapter

The Powers That Be will never achieve their ultimate goal - becoming The Power That Is - because of their lack of trust in others as much as in themselves.

It's the philosophy that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

We depend on each other - even if we dislike each other.

Trusting yourself is no guaranty you can trust another - chemistry is.

Toast Beer
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Jenetta,
    That is truly a very strange comet if it is that. I think it looks like an huge UFO that is really hauling ass....2,000,000 MPH.
    lol
    Bob h
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:28 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    Carol wrote:That's the point Jenetta. What is it? Not a bird, not a plane... maybe not even a comet. So what's left?
    Speaking as a Lord of the Galactic Federation of Lies, I'd like to add that Earthlings are so full of themselves that they seem to forget that hardly anything flying around in view of the occupants of this planet, is of significance to their well being.

Humans are not the only species that make a mockery of the God-given 'free will' ability.

There's a war going on in space - as above, so below - but destroying planet Earth is not in anyone's interest.

Although factious fiction, the content of this 'Little Green Guy Book' -
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/09/12/the-little-green-guy-book/ hits the nail on the head in the last chapter

The Powers That Be will never achieve their ultimate goal - becoming The Power That Is - because of their lack of trust in others as much as in themselves.

It's the philosophy that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

We depend on each other - even if we dislike each other.

Trusting yourself is no guaranty you can trust another - chemistry is.

Toast Beer
     chemistry or not, but imho humans first should be learn who they are, there are some who are looking at the sky for those who will tell them or will bring mana to them.  there are some who still has reptilian dragon consciousness.  it seems nobody knows how to be human, how to behave as human, how to be human first. how  to not harm others.  violence still exists on the planet. the education needs to be done from the core. there is a chance to remind them. there is. however many with a lot of saliva in the mouth to eat other living beings. consciousness dictation. no compassion to other living beings-consciousness. education needs to done.  violence is not acceptable and nonviolence should be taught first.  before any new or old philosophy. only purification process will enable to be revealed truth little by little. truth needs to be restored, I would say truthfulness.  to control mind what we believe or share nonsense and to control tongue what we speak or eat is good start. all mind concoctions or speculations has no value. cheers
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:59 pm

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Floyd wrote:
    I prefer 'Rubber Lips' over Rubber Soul any day of the week though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNKaXCM_56w
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:12 am

Never liked rubber lips. But ill take that over a crappy disinformational crappy youtube video about harmless comets (sorry, piloted crafts or whatever) any day of the week . Who pays these assholes. Oh i know.
    Very Happy 
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 am

The operative word under the first posted youtube video was "Entertaining". My husband had a good laugh over it. Especially number 5.

How many times do we see various warnings from various folks who "believe" the worst is yet to be unleashed? Too often. Sometimes I think these folks putting out the youtube videos just don't have enough good things going on in their lives.

Floyd.. anyone who has hung out at GLP knows DOOM is a daily phenomena. And for some.. their cup of tea. Sometimes not that much different then when stepping onto a roller coaster for that hair-raising gut wrenching side splitting scream of terror as one sweeps down, around, over and upside down at the complete mercy of something outside of ones control. Afterwards climbing out laughing (or throwing up - depending upon one's constitution). The ride is considered both terrifying and great fun.

I don't see much difference with the earth changes either - be these events are cosmic or man made. We're all just here for the experience. The ride. Some on the roller coaster go down the steep sections with their arms high in the sky (I was one of those) and others grip the front safety bar in sheer terror (I was one of those too). These days after the latest NDE a few weeks ago, I just take each day as it comes - I enjoy each day and don't worry about the rest. In the end you will come to realize just how short life is no matter how old you are. When it's time to go.. poof. Sometimes no warning what-so-ever. It's over. The human life journey has ended.

By now you probably realize that the only thing anyone really has control over is their own attitude. Does one embrace the experience or cringe from it? Or do you just laugh like the buddha and continue your walk along side of the river bank?

I just can't get too worked up over whether this will be an "event" or not. To me it's just another experience, one way or the other.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Bollocks.end message
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Comet Ison: Five Things You Need To Know

Post  Jenetta Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Floyd wrote:Bollocks.end message
    You better give up on Paul...Carol.  His personality lately is either very sarcastic, very rude, or very insulting.  Take your pick.  Guess he thinks just because he was responsible for the forum in the beginning he can dish it out however he pleases!
    Personally I'm get fed up with it.

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Jenetta wrote:
    You better give up on Paul...Carol.  His personality lately is either very sarcastic, very rude, or very insulting.  Take your pick.  Guess he thinks just because he was responsible for the forum in the beginning he can dish it out however he pleases!

The moment I dished it out at GLP I was instantly banned by the little fat dictator Xxxxx who owns that place.

Here you can freely speak your mind out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCsSBGosl-s

The Floyd Beer
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Comet ISON: 5 Thing You NEED to know! Empty Re: Comet Ison 5 Things You Need To Know

Post  Jenetta Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm

[quote="TRANCOSO"]
    Jenetta wrote:

The moment I dished it out at GLP I was instantly banned by the little fat dictator Xxxxx who owns that place.

Here you can freely speak your mind out...

Trancoso...not if it means sarcasm, rudeness and insults! Paul dishes it out to others besides Carol.

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Jenetta wrote:

Trancoso...not if it means sarcasm, rudeness and insults!  Paul dishes it out to others besides Carol.

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me, Jenetta.

Tacodog Beer 
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

Jenetta wrote:

bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Interesting
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

Jenetta - people who do that sort of thing are only slinging the stink on themselves. If he wants to look like an idiot who am I to stop him. And don't take this personal Paul because this is my opinion on "anyone" who dishes out the crap like you do.

Uber Lord Hugs Happy "belated" Birthday!
    TRANC Happy Birthday TRANC 

Back to the topic.

COMET ISON FLYBY OF MARS: Today, October 1st, Comet ISON will fly by Mars at a distance of only 0.07 AU. Red Planet satellites and rovers have a ringside seat for the flyby, and they will be snapping pictures despite a shutdown of the US government. (Apparently, Curiosity has been designated "essential personnel.") Scroll past the Magnificent Eruption for more information.

Comet ISON is heading for a Thanksgiving Day brush with the sun, but first it's going to pay a visit to Mars. In this week's ScienceCast, researchers discuss what might happen when Comet ISON meets the Red Planet.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Nothing to do with sacarasim, rudeness or insults. Rather a profound antipathy for disinformation, pseudo science and unfounded fear mongering.
    I dont take it personally Carol as I hope you dont sweet pea.
    Its just a forum.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm