tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa

Brook
    Brook

Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa Empty Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa

Post  Brook Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 pm

It’s the time of year when the sailing stones of Racetrack Playa in California’s Death Valley are on the move. Probably. No one has actually seen these huge rocks move along the flat, dry lake bed. But, we know they do. Sometime, when no one’s looking, usually after freezing weather or heavy wind or rain, the rocks up and scoot themselves leaving unmistakable travel grooves in their wake. Extremely patient scientists studying the wanderliths have concluded that wetter winter weather plays a role in the stone rolling, but they’re still not exactly sure how it all works. Take a look at these slow-motion stones below.

Pictures here:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/post/tracking-the-rolling-stones-of-racetrack-playa/
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa Empty Re: Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa

Post  Mercuriel Sun May 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Brook - What is Your Skype ID so I can call You on Skype. I had to set up a new acccount and My Private Messenger here isn't showing Me the Messages It tells Me I have LOL...

Question

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Brook
    Brook

Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa Empty Re: Tracking the rolling stones of Racetrack Playa

Post  Brook Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 am

Mercuriel wrote:Brook - What is Your Skype ID so I can call You on Skype. I had to set up a new acccount and My Private Messenger here isn't showing Me the Messages It tells Me I have LOL...

Question

It's in your PM box now.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon May 13, 2013 2:20 pm

this is really weird.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 pm