tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
THEeXchanger
Brook
6 posters

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead

Brook
    Brook

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead Empty Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead

Post  Brook Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead; was this brilliant internet revolutionary 'taken out?'

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead Aaron_Swartz

(NaturalNews) Adding to the list of mysterious deaths that have happened over the last few days, internet visionary and brilliant internet activist Aaron Swartz was found dead yesterday. Swartz, only 26 years old, was the co-founder of Reddit.com, the co-creator of RSS technology, and the key activist who achieved a stunning defeat of the freedom-crushing SOPA / PIPA bills in the U.S. Congress.

Swartz was found dead yesterday, and the official story is that he committed suicide. But Swartz himself would have wanted us to question the official story and dig deeper.

After all, his own website, Demand Progress, questions the "PROTECT-IP" act, the insanity of George Bush's Patriot Act, the censorship of free speech by Facebook, the financial scams of Goldman Sachs, the internet kill switch and much more.

He even questioned the TSA's naked body scanners, just like I have here at Natural News.

In fact, when I look at Aaron Swartz, I see him as the next generation of American activists who we all desperately need: energized, intelligent, freedom-loving critical thinkers who spread truth and beat back tyranny and oppression at every opportunity. It's quite clear that had Swartz not been assassinated (er, I mean "suicided"), he would have gone on to be a game changer for freedom in our world.

Rest of the article here:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038650_Aaron_Swartz_suicide_assassination.html
    Brook
    Brook

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead Empty Re: Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead

Post  Brook Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Brook
    Brook

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead Empty Re: Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead

Post  Brook Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 pm

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

may he RIP - Rest in Peace or REST in POWER Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl0vHBsapBc

Aaron Swartz: How We Stopped SOPA

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead Empty Visionary Activist Aaron Swartz Found Dead

Post  Jenetta Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:55 pm

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/13/co-founder-of-reddit-and-demand-progress-dies-at-26-one-month-before-federal-trial/

Co-founder of “Reddit” and “Demand Progress” Dies at 26, One Month Before Federal Trial

Visionary internet activist Aaron Swartz found dead 800px-AaronSwartzPIPA

By JG Vibes
    theintelhub.com
    January 12, 2013

Some very strange things have been happening lately. Last week prominent rifle manufacturer and activist John Noveske died mysteriously well before his time.

This week we are mourning the loss of Aaron Swartz, an activist and computer prodigy who had a hand in developing RSS, co-founding the popular website Reddit, and the activist group “Demand Progress”, among many other contributions. It is being reported that his death was a suicide, but few details have been released thus far.

There is not enough evidence yet to confirm the specifics of his death, but considering his high profile case and his involvement in the fight for internet freedom, foul play is always a possibility.

Complete story at link: http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/13/co-founder-of-reddit-and-demand-progress-dies-at-26-one-month-before-federal-trial/

Truth is stranger then fiction...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 am

The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz

The story of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz. From Swartz's help in the development of the basic internet protocol RSS to his co-founding of Reddit, his fingerprints are all over the internet. But it was Swartz's groundbreaking work in social justice and political organizing combined with his aggressive approach to information access that ensnared him in a two year legal nightmare. It was a battle that ended with the taking of his own life at the age of 26. Aaron's story touched a nerve with people far beyond the online communities in which he was a celebrity. This film is a personal story about what we lose when we are tone deaf about technology and its relationship to our civil liberties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXr-2hwTk58

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Interesting, to find the Internet's Own Boy documentary here, while I'm just now looking into it due to it being part of the archive databank.
    Because the tubby in your post, mudra, doesn't open due to region restriction, I'll share this link, hoping it will work okay where the other doesn't.

https://archive.org/details/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:53 pm

I seriously doubted he committed suicide. So sad.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:30 am

Comparing notes: Aaron Swartz and Edward Snowden. See what a difference, combined with similar goals,
    in this arena or playground of the global game of chess, who's the pawn and who's the ruling king or queen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl0vHBsapBc

My words:
    This courageous man Aaron Swartz was a trailblazer, addressing the freedom of speech/publication on internet.
    He probably would've been good company for Edward Snowden I think, they would have found they had much in common.
    Only Aaron was stepping on many toes and slippery ice in his lifetime, starting in 1986, ending it in 2013 or possibly killed
    that year.

The result of suppression of intelligence is now being thrown back to the suppressors as a boomerang returning on its motion
    through space. The opening of this huge can of worms can't be stopped anymore, people start waking up with a start now.
    Unfortunately Aaron was a martyr in this fight for freedom. What a mind with a speed of light almost, awesome!

Oh, I just now discover that tubby is already shared here by Susan. Hmm, oh well, never mind, hope you don't mind too  Wink

The transcript of the video is here:

http://dowhatyoulove.0id.org/files/People%20-%20Individuals/The%20Story%20of%20Aaron%20Swartz/

A project related to the work and friends of Aaron Schwartz:
    Free School – Freedom via Education, Values, and D.I.Y

"To be understood, express ourselves and be accepted is the aim of Free School – Education as a consistent reliable way towards learning and loving life (not just avoiding it). Mutual feelings and efforts (affinity) help to give more meaning and add value to life (not to take it away or ignore things). Plenty of time is given for listening, understanding and reaching new levels of tolerance, acceptance, practice, experience and more… to really reach a level of loving / respecting each other's choices… Start your own projects or Visit / Volunteer… click Contact or "Visit / Volunteer" menu for more info…"

http://freeschool.0id.org/spotlight-revbilly-com/

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 pm