tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

E.T. AND THE VATICAN

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

E.T. AND THE VATICAN Empty E.T. and The Vatican

Post  Carol Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm

WorldExclusive:
    Monsignor Corrado Balducci says Mexico is blessed with UFO Sightings

He says he will continue be spokesman for the opening up of public opinion and church attention towards the people from the stars. “I will ask the Vatican to dedicate the religious feast day Christ, the King of the Universe to include “all its inhabitants!”

ByPaolaLeopizziHarris
    www.paolaharris.it
    RomeMarch28th2006

At a conference in Rome organized by Starworks Italiaand Area 51 magazine and featuring special guest, Mexican journalist Jaime Maussan, Monsignor Corrado Balducci told the audience that Mexico was blessed with so many sightings because of its incredible openness and faith. Both Jaime Maussan and Monsignor Balducci were awarded the International George Adamski Award at the event in Rome. Mexican Journalist/Researcher Jaime Maussan explained to the audience that he became interested in the UFO phenomenon after viewing them when they appeared during the last solar eclipse over Mexico.

“After that, I told the Mexican people to look to the skies to record objects with their digital cameras says Jaime Maussan. Now,I have more footage of Flotillas, of moving orbs and of flying humanoids than any other journalist.” I am now getting films of live aliens after showing the amateur cellphone footage taken by boys playing soccer who encountered a tall being who tried to grab one of the boys. http://portal.jaimemaussan.tv//http://www.ovnitv.com/)

After seeing all these amazing films, Monsigno rBalducci said that the Vatican is very interested in this phenomena and that he was designated spokesman. He told the audience that he had written a note about the importance of his presence at the x-conference in Washington DC in 2005 to the current Pope Benedict the sixteenth and that heal so knew that the late Pope John Paul followed his TV appearances speaking about UFO. He added that in the Bible, Jesus is called “King of the Universe” six-six times and that in this phrase,it is understood as the “universe and its inhabitants.” “There is such a variety of animal and plant species on the planet, do we not assume God would only create one type of life?” added Balducci. “I always wish to be the spokesman for these star peoples who also are part of God’s glory and I will continue to bring it to the attention of the Holy Mother Church.”

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

E.T. AND THE VATICAN Empty Re: E.T. AND THE VATICAN

Post  Carol Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 pm

In Memorium
    A personal recollection by Paola Leopizzi Harris
    October 27,2008

When we talk about 'Extraterrestrials,' we refer to humanoid beings which are, like us, of both, a spiritual and a material nature, a physical body (for which to move they indeed need spacecraft), although in their case the relationship between mind and matter might be a different one than in our case. For this, we do not have scientific evidence yet, although we are approaching this question slowly thanks to an increasing number of careful studies and research. (Monsignor Corrado Balducci 1923-2008)

We need to thank Monsignor Corrado Balducci for those words and for choosing to become part of the UFO research community. We all morn the passing of this great man but especially I, who was a close friend of his.

Msgr. Balducci is one of the best-known and most respected Italian theologians. The Roman priest and Curia member served the Holy See as a diplomat and member of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples ('Propaganda Fide'). He is an expert on demonology and parapsychology, was for several years the exorcist of the diocese of Rome, the Pope’s diocese. Msgr. Balducci wrote several books, including the bestseller 'Il Diavolo' (the Devil) which reached 14 print runs in the hardcover edition. Furthermore he is a regular guest in the Italian State TV (Rai Due), where he made several statements on the UFO phenomenon since 1995. He spoke on the UFO congresses in Acapulco and San Marino. His words are indeed noteworthy, since it is the very first detailed statement of a senior Roman Catholic theologian and Curia member on the UFO phenomenon. More than that, it demonstrates the openness of the Roman Catholic church in this question and can be considered the first ever complex positive statement regarding the UFO/ET reality from the point of view of a major world religion - with its over 1 Billion faithful, the Roman Catholic Church is indeed the largest religious community on Earth. His influence in disclosing the extraterrestrial presence on Earth was a pioneering effort in a highly skeptic atmosphere. In light of the Vatican announcement of May 13th, 2008 made by Father Funes,chief Vatican Astronomer, in which he said that the extraterrestrial is our brother or sister and that Jesus did not need to die for him because aliens are born without “original sin," we can see how Monsignor Balducci was avante guarde and the messenger of this Vatican position. Many times, he told me that witness testimony is essential to the human experience as it is to UFO sightings. This applies to the religious life, too. Indeed the Christian religion is based on the testimony of humans who became witnesses of God's revelation in historical events.”

His Research Work and his Theories

Perhaps monsignor Balducci is in a dimension that will now bring him many answers, those we are all looking for! Often I would ask permission in Rome to bring over foreign researchers to meet him. He is quoted in Dr. Steven Greer’s Disclosure Project video and has received a lifetime award at Steven Bassett’s X-Conference in Washington DC in 2005 when I accompanied him to America after a twenty year absence. There he met many hours with top Mexican research journalist Jaime Maussan to discuss the “special nature” of the Mexican sightings, the flotilla. “Mexico is a very spiritual place”, he said. It should be noted that Padre Baldacci had been Vatican Nuncio in Washington many years before. I also did the interpreting for him in the documentary FASTWALKERS produced by Robert Miles Safespace Productions.

I fist met Monsignor Balducci at a May 1999 conference in San Marino where I was translator for Dr. John Mack. Many famous researchers like Dr. Mack sought out Padre Balducci’s advice. It is a shame that both these two men are no longer with us. It is essential to note that Padre Balducci also spoke to Zecharia Sitchin in 2002 and I photographed this historic meeting. As it happened, in April 2000, that Zecharia Sitchin became engaged in a public discussion of those very issues with a leading theologian of the Vatican, Monsignor Corrado Balducci, during an international conference held in Bellaria (Rimini) in Italy. The historic dialogue was reported at the time on this official website of Zecharia Sitchin.

Sitchin describes it like this!

The Dialogue with Zecharia Sitchin

"We have much to talk about,” Msgr. Balducci said to me as he came forward to congratulate me on my presentation. "I have great esteem for your scholarship," he said.

We returned to the hotel for lunch. Our table was surrounded in a semi-circle by my American fans, intent on not missing a word of the forthcoming dialogue. In the hours-long session, Msgr. Balducci outlined the positions he was going to state, from a prepared text, in his talk the next day. While my approach was based on physical evidence, his was a purely Roman Catholic theological-philosophical one, seeking the spiritual aspects. Yet, our conclusions converged.

"There must be something in it." Balducci continued. "The hundreds and thousands of eyewitness reports leave no room for denying that there is a measure of truth in them, even allowing for optical illusions, atmospheric phenomena and so on. As a Catholic theologian such witnessing cannot be dismissed. 'Witnessing is one way of transmitting truth, and in the case of the Christian religion, we are talking about a Divine Revelation in which witnessing is crucial to the credibility of our faith. Life may exist on other planets is certainly possible... The Bible does not rule out that possibility. On the basis of scripture and on the basis of our knowledge of God's omnipotence, His wisdom being limitless, we must affirm that life on other planets is possible. Moreover, this is not only possible, but also credible and even probable," he told Sitchin, author of The Twelfth Planet.

In his later years, I found Monsignor Balducci often distracted by metaphysical concepts and he would stray off into different tangents as we would try to lead him back on track. He was a very random abstract thinker and a very intelligent man. Monsignor Balducci has an incredible archive of news clippings on UFOs and the paranormal. It fascinated him. Unlike many of us researchers, he excluded nothing in the cosmic mystery and had begun 'connecting the dots' long ago. He explained:

"There are thousands of persons in all the world who claim that they saw a UFO at least once, and many even claim a contact with their crews." He would say. "On this basis, it can no longer be denied that there is indeed something true about them. Any skepticism would be completely unjustified und unreasonable! Of course some eyewitness reports are based on imagination, hallucination or external influence. In other instances they were caused by atmospheric phenomena, lenticular clouds or ball lightning."

“Let me add one more important point: The general a priori-skepticism, the systematic, total denial, damages, even destroys the basic value of the human testimony with grave and incalculable consequences, since it is indeed the fundament of human society, if individual, social or religious. Of course there is always one or the other exemption, there are errors and lies, but generally all our life is based on what we learned from others. It is unthinkable to live without this basic confidence, unimaginable are the consequences of a general negation of the human experience on the individual, social and religious life. It would destroy the very fundament of any human society!”

"We can exclude that angels use spaceships nor does the devil need to manifest himself like that.. As purely spiritual beings, angels can project themselves at any place they want to reach and, in rare instances, when they want to reveal themselves, take a visible form without any difficulty.”

A Personal Remembrance of an Extraordinary Man ~

We would meet often at his home on Via Pio IV in Rome. Balducci would be doing his own research. He would often audio tape me as I shared my research or my newest stories, people I met, investigative world travels. He had thousands of news clippings meticulously categorizing the paranormal. He wanted to write two books: One about God’s infinite Mercy and a second one on UFOs. He had a habit of calling me by my last name. “Listen Harris, UFOs are real” He would say. I think he thought using my first name was too personal but we were personal in this great friendship. My mother and I would dine often with him and he would have a different wine for every course we ate in an four-course Italian meal.

Padre Balducci considered himself a Ufologist as well as demonologist. I remember well his showing his business card that said this very thing to a stranger on a plane ride back from Washington D.C. in 2005. I was too tired to talk to him so Padre Balducci went up into the cabin to sit next to a perfect stranger and spread the word. I founded him there two hours later. He was so friendly that on our train rides back from Conferences, Monsignor Balducci would speak to everyone, especially children. He would talk about everything but passionately about the paranormal and often “bless” perfect strangers as they lined up. He did this in the Cincinnati Ohio airport on our way to Washington. He had an excitement, wonderment, a childlike quality that I personally experienced the two New Years Eve’s that I spent with him. He was the first to light up the firecrackers that sparkled, the last to leave his window after the New Year’s light display and he kept his Christmas decorations up all year around so we, his visitors, could enjoy them He has a houseboy from India called Jinnison that Padre Balducci considered as a son more than an employee. Jinnison cooked, knew where everything was in the house which because of the magazines and news clippings appeared chaotic. We both knew that Balducci loved Lasagna, ice cream, reading newspapers and speaking to the general public. He loved humanity and imagined the extraterrestrial as the “best” of the Universe. Like Gene Roddenberry the creator of Star Trek, Padre Balducci wished that the human species would evolve and live in peace in its diversity. He saw the good in people, “the divine.” Let it be remembered that there was one and only one Monsignor Corrado Balducci. For me a truly good person, I will miss that famous smile.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

E.T. AND THE VATICAN Empty Re: E.T. AND THE VATICAN

Post  Carol Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 pm

The Vatican Officially Proclaims That Extraterrestrial Life Most Probably Exists!
    By Paola Leopizzi Harris

On May 13,2008, Father Gabriel Funes, a Jesuit priest who directs the Vatican's observatory at Castel Gandolfo, near Rome declared that, "as an astronomer, I continue to believe that God is the creator of the Universe. The search for extraterrestrial life does not contradict belief in God and he added that some aliens might even be innocent of the original sin. "How can we rule out that life may have developed elsewhere?" Funes said. "Just as we consider earthly creatures as 'a brother,' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother'? It would still be part of creation." When Funes calls the Extraterrestrial “our brother or sister,” we are involved in some revolutionary thinking. That statement goes beyond saying that we are not alone in the Universe.

To make this statement even more important, the newspaper Il Osservatore Romano released the interview. The newspaper Il Osservatore Romano is the official mouthpiece of the Vatican. In the article, Funes stated “Even if we don't currently have any proof, the hypothesis" of extraterrestrial life cannot be ruled out”. "Just as there are a plethora of creatures on Earth, there could be others, equally intelligent, created by God," he said.

It is with this statement that he echoes the words of Monsignor Corrado Balducci, my friend and UFO researcher many years in the field. Balducci is known to us researchers as the “unofficial” voice of the Vatican. At many UFO Conferences in Italy, Monsignor Balducci, once Vatican Nuncio to Washington DC, often echoed Father Funes when he said in Public, “All is possible. God created us to give praise to Him, as I imagine he created others species to do the same. How can God be glorified without a varied creation?"

When I was living and working in Italy for the past fifteen years, I lived very close to the Vatican. I would dine often with Monsignor Corrado Balducci who was also an expert Demonologist, at his home near Via Anastasio II. He wanted to be the priest to open the door to this study of Ufology and he told me that since no one has ever hindered him, it serves as a silent approval. I believe that now the approval is not so silent with the Vatican proclamation of Father Funes!

Balducci and I both would share information and often I would ask him if he thought that there were aliens who were demons. He would tell me“ the devil does not need UFOs”. He believed that over the last I50 years, this phenomenon has appeared sequentially and with an increasing spreading and frequency rate. He wanted to make it clear that Spiritualism or the paranormal and Ufology are two different types of manifestations. He was very adamant that on evolutionary scale there is something between the angels and us and they could be ETs. Essentially we were at the bottom of evolutionary the ladder because we know the difference between good and evil, and often choose evil.

It is obvious that in the Future, the Catholic Church and the Pope will have a difficult time incorporating this belief in official dogma. Maintaining official Catholic doctrine may be impossible in this disclosure process because it is all unmapped territory as yet.

Unlike Father Funes who says that humans are the only ones possibly with original sin and therefore Jesus did not need to die for the sins of others in the Cosmos, Monsignor Balducci in 2004 said that Jesus did. He said, “ Yes, of course. Jesus died for all beings in the Cosmos. In the sacred Scriptures, He is called King of the Universe at least sixty-six times. Balducci adds, “Never underestimate the great mercy or compassion of God, whose grace and compassion surpasses all, and that means it relates to all of creation in all the Cosmos.”

In his interview, Father Funes however, claims that original sin, which by Christian tradition occurred in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit of a particular tree, refers to the fallen state from which humans can be saved only by God's grace. Asked about the difficult theological question, Father Funes answered: "If other intelligent beings exist, it's not certain that they need redemption.” They could "have remained in full friendship with their creator" without committing the original sin.” he said. “If not, extraterrestrials would benefit equally from the "incarnation," in which Jesus Christ, the Son of God, assumed earthlings' flesh, body and soul in order to redeem them, which Father Funes called "a unique event that cannot be repeated.” This is revolutionary considering that the Catholic Church has avoided the UFOs subject for centuries although UFOs are clearly depicted in Renaissance art. The blessed are usually followed by beams or balls of light in great works of art.

Something has changed with the Vatican when - Pope Benedict XVI named a new director for the Vatican Observatory. Father José Gabriel Funes will succeed a controversial American, Father George Coyne. Father Funes, an Argentine Jesuit, is already a member of the Vatican Observatory team. The outgoing Father Coyne, also a Jesuit, has been director of the Observatory that includes the observatory on Mt. Graham, Arizona for more than 25 years, and now steps down at the age of 73.Last year Father Coyne drew worldwide attention for his public comments on the topics of evolution and the theory of intelligent design. In an August 2005 column for the London Tablet, the Jesuit astronomer criticizes arguments put forward by Cardinal Christopher Schönborn questioning the Darwinian theory of evolution. A few weeks later, speaking at a conference in Florida, Father Coyne said, "intelligent design isn't science, even if it pretends to be."

Pope Leo XIII established the Vatican Observatory in 1891 to advance astronomical knowledge and to demonstrate the Church's support for the physical sciences. Originally it was located at Castel Gandolfo, near the Pope's summer residence. In 1981, because of the smog that obscures viewing of the sky near Rome, the main observatory was moved to Arizona, and Father Funes was spending most of his time there. Now observatory scientists can get down to business and study all the scientific evidence on origins of life and the universe and not just try and force fit the Catholic faith into the myth of evolution. "Intelligent Design" and the "Abrupt Appearance" will now be discussed along with evidences that show that life just hasn't been on Earth very long.

The scientific community and the church have split more than four centuries ago in the outcome of Galileo's persecution; who said that neither the Earth nor the Sun was situated in the center of the universe. In 1633, he was tried for heretic beliefs and forced to deny his theory.

"The church has somehow recognized its mistakes. Maybe it could have done it better, but now it's time to heal those wounds and this can be done through calm dialogue and collaboration,” said Funes. The beginning of the reconciliation between church and science began in 1992 with Pope John Paul's declaration saying that Galileo's trial was a "tragic mutual incomprehension."

Since then the Vatican Observatory has been frantically trying to close the gap between science and religion. Its meteorite collection is currently one of the largest on Earth. The observatory was opened in 1891 by Pope Leo XIII and is located in Castel Gandolfo. The team of cleric researchers often participates in studies held at the observatory at the University of Arizona. The Mt. Graham Vatican Observatory site holds a special place. It is the home of the southernmost extension of many species as well as being, simultaneously, the location of the northernmost extension of others. The Sonoran and Chihuahuan desert populations also meet in this vicinity. Thus it was critical to assess the impact of the observatory presence upon the species represented on the top of Mt. Graham, especially those listed as endangered or threatened.. There is another issue which has come to the fore more recently than the environmental issues. This is the issue of the religious significance of Mt. Graham to the Apache tribe, specifically those living on the San Carlos Reservation. The question is “are the Jesuits then looking for ET?" Two major Vatican observatories, an avant-guarde astronomer priest, we need only add that it is it's OK to believe in aliens and we can see a revolutionary change in policy.

But then Monsignor Balducci has been studying UFOS for Years. He has met most of the important American researchers, such as Dr. Steven Greer and Dr. John Mack, Whitely Strieber and Dr. Richard Haines. He also had several meeting with Mexico’s own Jaime Maussan who saw him in Rome and filmed him in Washington DC when Balducci gave permission to all of the Spanish world to embrace the extraterrestrial reality because it does not conflict with the Catholic religion. I accompanied him to Washington DC to Steven Basset’s X-Conference from Rome to receive a special award for courage. In this timeline, Padre Balducci precedes Father Funes, Vatican astronomer who in reality verifies Balducci’s own claims.

UFOs fascinated Mosignore Balducci and he approaches the topic voluntarily even with strangers. He says, “We should believe contactees and witnesses who say they see UFOs because it is based on human testimony, as are our Gospels. Since a great deal of the Catholic faith is based on witness testimony, we must realize how important human testimony is. It would be a tragedy if we began to be suspicious of all people who report that they experienced something unusual like seeing crafts in the sky. He adds,” What I understand, there are some very credible witnesses who have seen this phenomenon and have come forward. They are courageous and should not be dismissed. Many
    church fathers have addressed the extraterrestrial presence in early philosophical works. In fact, testimony is a form of communication of our faith. Imagine what could happen to individual and social life if the value of human testimony were diminished, an act which would logically cause the decrease and disappearance of our faith, which is essential for daily life!” He adds, “I think that we need to examine it, then formulate 'theological and Biblical considerations' on the habitability of other planets. First of all, there is a clarification: We should exclude that angels use spaceships, because they are merely spiritual beings. They are wherever they want to be, and in the rare cases when they show themselves, they have no difficulty in assuming a visible form. We can say the very same thing about dead people. The Holy Virgin, in the very few cases when she seems to contact humans (very exceptional episodes and to be confirmed in their authenticity), continues to choose other very different ways to transmit to us her maternal affection, her urgencies, her maternal claims or her sweet reproaches. We need to separate these realities."

When I asked Monsignor Balducci how he reached these conclusions?

He answered: "My conclusions come from my research in parapsychology and demonology. There are human testimonies concerning the UFO phenomenon—in particular the abduction phenomenon—which are essential to historical truth and must be considered seriously. These things cannot be attributed to the “devil.” He does not need UFOs. This has nothing to do with the Devil. These important UFO sightings by credible people must be taken into account because there are so many witnesses. It is as important as scientific research is! If we live in constant skepticism, we will destroy society and our dignity as human beings. We will believe no one. Catholicism, which is partially based on human testimony—primarily letters of followers of Jesus (Apologists), who explained the religious phenomena of Jesus and the resurrection and presented a certain truth. The church has based many of its doctrines on this human testimony. The Existence of UFOs is not contrary to one’s faith or Catholic Church doctrine? The acronym UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), is used here in a wider sense to include the existence of living beings on other planets. The aim of my intervention and speaking out is to underline that something real must exist in the phenomena, and that this does not conflict at all with Christian religion, and is considered positive, even among theologians. First, Something real must exist. Secondly, I have made some theological considerations on the habitability of other planets."

"Thirdly, much witness testimony favors it. Conclusion: Something real must exist. These ideas are mine, and I do not represent the Vatican. However, I am told that the Holy Father Pope John Paul II is has seen me on Italian TV several times and follows my radio homilies. If there were some objection, I’m sure I would know. I have much research in this topic. I believe there to be no problem here! I heard that Padre Pio said something of this nature. Don Andrea Beltrami (1870-1897), the Salesian Father and servant of God, prayed also for the possible inhabitants of other planets. Of the 16 booklets he wrote, one seems to deal with this topic. The second is the recently sanctified Padre Pio, who was beatified by Pope John Paul II on May 2, 1999, and canonized on June 16, 2002.
    He was asked the following question: “Father, some claim that there are creatures of God on other planets, too.” Padre Pio replied, “What else? Do you think they don’t exist, and that God’s omnipotence is limited to this small planet Earth? What else? Do you think there are no other beings who love the Lord?”

Another time someone asked him, “Father Pio, I think the Earth is nothing, compared to other planets and stars.” His answer: “Exactly! Yes, and we Earthlings are nothing, too. The Lord certainly did not limit His glory to this small Earth. On other planets other beings exist who did not sin and fall as we did.”

In the May interview done by the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes adds that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures. Ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.”

So both Monsignor Balducci and Father Funes are in agreement here. They know a phenomenon exists, and although we don’t know who these aliens are, it is possible that they are more evolved than Man is today. Maybe we can learn from them.

Paola Leopizzi Harris
    July 20,2008
    Boulder Colorado.

excerpt from Paola Harris' book: Exopolitics: All of the Above
    http://www.amazon.com/Exopolitics-Above-Paola-Leopizzi-Harris/dp/1438965591/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270866894&sr=8-1

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm