tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
Vidya Moksha
Swanny
Pris
RedEzra
THEeXchanger
magamud
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
FrankoL
rhythm
Beren
devakas
Micjer
malletzky
TRANCOSO
ClearWater
Carol
Floyd
Mercuriel
hippihillbobbi
mudra
bigmo
Nebula
greybeard
28 posters

Ego

mudra
    mudra

Ego - Page 4 Empty Re: Ego

Post  mudra Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 pm

[quote="greybeard"]
    mudra wrote:

Hi Mudra thank you
    there is a paypal account on the website that should work for you mudra.
    Im not technical at all.

Have you still got the same email address?
    I could send you a few wedding photos Ros looks great.

I tried here but couldent work the Pm properly, also im no getting notification of posts here.

Miss you all at Avalon its a crazy place at the moment but some good new people.
    Much love Chris

Same email Chris .
    You can join me there when you like .
    I will search for that paypal button on your site :)
    We are birds of a large flock Chris ...
    Some flying over the North pole while others are over the South.
    Take care and send my love to my old friends .

Always with you in my Heart.

Love from me
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Pasted from the Eckhart Tolle March News letter. 2009

What is our Relationship with our Personality after Awakening?

We sat down for a chat with Eckhart one afternoon and asked him some questions. In this issue, Eckhart reveals his thoughts on our relationship with between our ego and personality.

Question: What is our relationship with our personality after awakening & does it change?

Eckhart Tolle: Strictly speaking, before awakening, to a large extent, you don’t have a relationship with your personality; you are your personality. If you can have a relationship with your personality – which is the ego, with its way of reacting and thinking, and emotions – who is having a relationship with the personality? What that means is you are witnessing it. There is a witnessing consciousness there, and if there is a witnessing consciousness, then you can have a relationship with your personality. What that really means is, you can be there as a witnessing presence when your ego is doing something silly. And you can laugh at yourself, maybe in the moment, maybe afterwards.

If you are totally in the grip of your personality, or your ego, then of course there is no relationship because you have become it. You’re so one with all your reactive patterns and all your conditioned thinking, that you don’t even know that there’s anything else in you. You are it.

As you awaken spiritually, the awareness that is nothing to do with your personality increases, and the power of the personality, with its conditioned patterns, decreases. Gradually, the personality is no longer opaque; it is transparent to the light of awareness, or consciousness. It loses its solidity. This is why you find that in people who are awake, or people who are awakening, there is more of a lightness to them. If there’s only personality, then there’s heaviness, a psychic heaviness in you. Everything is dreadfully serious, and [you are] defensive, always wanting something, or defending yourself against something.

When you’re relating to somebody in whom there is no awareness, then you always get a slightly uncomfortable feeling, because that person is completely ill-at-ease. Ultimately, all personalities are ill-at-ease. They may pretend that they are very confident, but underneath the role of ‘confidence’, there’s always a person who feels ill-at-ease. They need to prove something, or they want something from you. That’s the personality. As you awaken, that part become a little less opaque and it becomes lighter. There’s more of an awareness that shines through the person.

Ego is complete identification with your thinking and your emotions. When you are unconscious, personality and ego are one thing. As you awaken, you become more aware of your patterns, which may to some extent still operate. I’m choosing to define personality as something that you can be aware of. It was the ego before, but you can be aware of it as patterns that still operate within you. If there is no awareness, and you are it, then it’s totally ego. As you become aware of your ego, the ego becomes the personality, and then you can have a relationship with your personality in the sense that you can be the witness.

If you have a difficult relationship with your personality, that’s a delusion. Then your personality has split itself into two, one part is having a relationship with another, and one part says “You should be better, why can’t you be more conscious?” That means there is no witnessing presence there. One part of the personality is arguing with another. The witnessing consciousness doesn’t judge. You don’t judge yourself in any way, you just see behavior. There’s no good or bad, it just is. The need to be right, for example, is a very common thing with the ego. If it’s a deep-seated need, then you can’t be wrong in an argument. There’s a compulsion to defend yourself. Then suddenly you can see it in yourself. Ultimately, having a relationship with your personality implies that there is a witnessing presence.

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 pm

[quote="mudra"]
    greybeard wrote:
    mudra wrote:

Hi Mudra thank you
    there is a paypal account on the website that should work for you mudra.
    Im not technical at all.

Have you still got the same email address?
    I could send you a few wedding photos Ros looks great.

I tried here but couldent work the Pm properly, also im no getting notification of posts here.

Miss you all at Avalon its a crazy place at the moment but some good new people.
    Much love Chris

Same email Chris .
    You can join me there when you like .
    I will search for that paypal button on your site :)
    We are birds of a large flock Chris ...
    Some flying over the North pole while others are over the South.
    Take care and send my love to my old friends .

Always with you in my Heart.

Love from me
    mudra

Thanks for the donation Mudra

Madness you know where. 209 pages on one thread.

Good will come of it fingers crossed.

Some might even read the ego thread Lol

Much love Chris
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Greybeard
    Congratulations with your marriage!

It's good to see you found your way to MoA again.

No 'Thank You' league here.

Pointless ego-flattering imo.

Thanking someone for a post becomes almost meaningless, when it's used/done in that fashion.

Might be a good topic for a thread at PA2 though, the pro's & cons of the 'Thank You' competition.
    Wink
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

greybeard wrote:

Much love Chris

My goodness ... 209 pages !
    Time to wrap it up into a book Chris and
    publish it .
    There are your funds for the charity sunny

Love from me
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:11 pm

mudra wrote:
    greybeard wrote:

Much love Chris

My goodness ... 209 pages !
    Time to wrap it up into a book Chris and
    publish it .
    There are your funds for the charity sunny

Love from me
    mudra

Not me Mudra
    209 pages in two weeks on a Bill and Charles answers thread.
    You could have put Bills posts on eight pages and Charles on four the rest just new members making a noise.
    Really it is mass hypnosis over there.
    You should take a quick look a very quick one Lol
    Quiet and peaceful here.
    Much love Chris
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 pm

greybeard wrote:
    Not me Mudra
    209 pages in two weeks on a Bill and Charles answers thread.
    You could have put Bills posts on eight pages and Charles on four the rest just new members making a noise.
    Really it is mass hypnosis over there.
    You should take a quick look a very quick one Lol
    Quiet and peaceful here.
    Much love Chris

Oooh ...LOL ... I would'nt make a book out of those.
    I did have a quick look at these threads 2 or 3 times
    now as we were discussing them here in the
    Mists .

Ego - Page 4 Delusi11

That's what the audience is fascinated with imo.

Wink

This will pass too.

The timeless, formless, primordial Ground of all Being is the deepest dimension of each and every one of us—this is what we discover when we let go of thought, feeling, mind, time, and world. The nature of the Self, as timeless, formless Being, is experienced as radical, unconditional freedom. Freedom from being trapped in time and form—freedom from the mind and personality, freedom from everything that is relative, freedom from the whole world. That's why that deepest dimension of our own self is always so exquisite and delightful. Experiment with this radical release in the infinite depths of your own interior. Give yourself the freedom to experience the unconditional freedom of Being. Allow yourself to let go so deeply that you begin to feel as if everything that happens within the realm of manifestation is incomparably mundane, even painful, in contrast to the profound lightness of being, which is the deepest nature of your own unmanifest self.

~ Andrew Cohen

Love from me
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 am

Andrew Cohen: "The Threshold of Transformation- 51%"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcL9gqFSXWw

Love Always
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 pm

While this is slightly of topic it is very interesting and comments welcome.
    A scientist considered opinion on what may happen 2012.
    High spiritual content

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 am

Ramana Maharshi quotes here

http://www.successconsciousness.com/...shi_quotes.htm

One of my first teachers via several books.

Even David Icke was moved enough by these teachings to visit the home of the late Maharshi.

Frankly if you get the teachings all you need is one book of his the rest are redundant.

Eckhart Tolle. David Hawkins and most Western Enlightened teachers, quote both Ramana Maharshi and A Course in Miracles.

Wonder why?

Laughing

Happy reading

Chris

ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 pm

It seems the link is not working properly. Let's see if this one works... http://www.successconsciousness.com/ramana_maharshi_quotes.htm

Thank you for sharing these quotes here. His words go right to the heart.

:heart2:
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:00 pm

ClearWater wrote:It seems the link is not working properly. Let's see if this one works... http://www.successconsciousness.com/ramana_maharshi_quotes.htm

Thank you for sharing these quotes here. His words go right to the heart.

:heart2:

Thanks very much

Chris
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Thank You Chris and thank You Clearwater .

I specially liked these :

Meditation depends upon the strength of mind. It must be unceasing even when one is engaged in work. Particular time for it is meant for novices.

Stillness means 'being free from thoughts' and yet aware.

A realized one sends out waves of spiritual influence in his aura, which draw many people towards him. Yet he may sit in a cave and maintain complete silence.

I think a realized one could as well be on a stage and be a perfect clown. It does'nt really matter wether he sits in a posture or is acting ... he remains freely aware.

Much Love

Flowers

mudra
    rhythm
    rhythm

Post  rhythm Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:49 am

hi greybeard i closed down my page at av 2
    so i hope to see you here from now on
    i ego so (giggle)x
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 am

rhythm wrote:hi greybeard i closed down my page at av 2
    so i hope to see you here from now on
    i ego so (giggle)x

I well understand why you made the journey here.
    Happy days here
    Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 am

All opinions are correct as they reflect different levels of spiritual understanding.
    What is appropriate and correct for one level is not appropriate for another.

Dr Hawkins book "Transcending the Levels of Consciousness/ Stairway to Enlightenment" states at the level of 500 on his map of consciousness that there is a massive change of consciousness, a change of paradigm. The person moves from an intellectual understanding of what love is about to being love. The change is so profound that you literally see things differently now you think in terms of context and essence rather than content.
    The brain physiology changes Kundalini energy becomes noticeably active.
    At level 550 unconditional love begins and states of bliss appear for no reason.
    At level 565 the shidis manifest spontaneous healing for people in your presence.
    600 is the first level of enlightenment.
    Christ consciousness 1000.

So we are now evolving as a species beyond duality, beyond the hold of the ego, we are transcending the ego because at least for some it is no longer required. That which helped us has now become and obstacle to be released to the loving care of God.
    Those who transcend the ego will become the spiritual teachers of the future,
    Eckhart Tolle has transcended ego if you read his book its in there. He functions in the world beautifully and lives a very full life with his partner Kim English. I have had the pleasure of being in their company for over an hour in Findhorn after a retreat was over.
    So your ego will tell you its needed to live a full life, Its fighting for survival, it is a con artist.
    In the early stages yes its helpful but anyone reading this kind of material does no need it.
    Namaste

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 pm

First I am not in the state known as enlightenment

I am ignorant of that condition so what I share is my understanding of the knowledge of that state spoken of by Sages

Now here is the paradox they all say no none can claim to be enlightened as there is no person left at the end of the process from ignorance to enlightenment.

In that state all filters, all conditioning, belief system etc have been removed.
    They experience life as it is, full force in your face so to speak.

Parsons was asked how did he experience misery.
    He said there is no person to experience misery, misery arises full force.

Similarly sitting in a chair happens there is no person doing it, sitting happens.

The sage is life it self, the event, moment by moment in a timeless ego-less state.
    Nothing is causing anything, it (life) is fulfilling its potential moment by moment in perfection.

Ramesh Balsekar the Advaita sage said

"God gave you an ego let Him take it away"

So we cant make it happen but we can ask for it to happen and as part of that be willing to surrender belief systems, opinions etc.

In the process of doing our part or seeming to do our part life gets much easier, the monkey mind becomes quieter, we are less quarrelsome we dont mind being wrong, we dont carry hurt for the same length of time, we spend more and more time in the only place that life exists, the present moment.
    We read books by sages who have had ego removed by God, we are encourage by what they say, we do not resist what happens, we are uplifted.
    Seeking decrease and eventually it stops.

So in some ways there is not a lot that can be said.

My though is that we currently are being made ready for the state of enlightenment, which is, Christ consciousness, Unity Consciousness.

We are in the crucible and impurities are being burnt off.

Even that is incorrect as, we are perfect now, we are just looking through the glass darkly in ignorance of our true Self.
    The glass will be removed and we will see clearly. It may well look like New Earth but I suspect our perception will be changed to the degree we will see in a totally different way.

Namaste

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 am

Relationships

There is as saying “ Eventually I became so successful that my partner could afford to divorce me and took all the money”
    How does that come about?
    Men, some women too, tend to get fixated on “The Project” The project can take on many forms, it could be or a hobby or work or both.
    The me is always reaching out for something in the future its goal orientated and looking for something to complete me to make me happy, to be some one. Its never happy in the present moment so rarely is the me content with what is.

There is the thought that when I find the right partner I will be fulfilled, she or he will make me happy. That’s an unreal expectation and besides if the source of your happiness is external to you, then in a very subtle way you are giving that outside source control over you through your emotions wants and needs. You meet the seemingly ideal partner you can tick all the boxes on your desire list. That called falling in love.

At the start you only have eyes for the other half, no time for projects, then after a while the projects start to beckon, the relationship starts to be routine, the aliveness, freshness, diminished, a pattern established.

When the realisation comes that love we feel for another is not actually dependent on the other but love that emerges within ourselves and is inherent within all human form then there is no sense of loss of identity if the relationship goes through a difficult patch.
    There is no longer a feeling of being wronged to carrying the poor me story to anyone who will listen.

There can be a very strong love affair with the me story, “Look what happened to me” Our whole identity seems taken up with the story of what happened.
    Looking in from the outside it can be seen that most relationships are dysfunctional but they survive.
    Why?
    Because there is pay value in that kind of a relationship.
    The people involved in it would not see it or agree that they are getting something out of the constant bickering fighting making up cycle.
    This is why.
    There is the addiction to the adrenalin high from the argument, the opportunity to prove im right your wrong and if all else fails I might hit you. “Well he or she deserved it” is the justifying of it.

With every addiction there is a low after the high and of course its so unbearable to be in the low that the high is once more sought.
    That might be through the seeking to make love after a fight.
    The ego is very cunning and will go to great length to get its own way even to the point of seeming to apologizing, saying “im sorry dear it was my fault it wont happen again”

Of course after the high of the make up, the love making, then of course it all happens again, it could not be otherwise.
    Life has got flat in the routine of it, no sense of being alive, of being me, no enemy to make me feel strong.
    There is need of the adrenalin high and things have got kind off quiet, boring even. It’s a bit like the expression used by Nurses “Flat liners” that’s when the peaks and troughs on the heart monitor cease and all that’s left is a flat line, the patient is deceased.
    So the cycle begins gain. The little me feels big and powerful when filled with adrenalin during the fight.
    There is a strong egoic sense of identity in any drama.

Yes there are times when your spouse may not even like you far less love you. How do we best handle that situation?
    By allowing it to be, that’s how.
    There is enormous power for change in allowing.
    Our partner has every right to express any emotion that she or he may have.
    By accepting that right and allowing that emotion, freedom arises, for its ok not to be liked or loved for that matter.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    The moment that we accept that, not everyone or anyone can love us or like us all of the time then we are free of the pain that all kinds of relationships can cause.
    We are no longer dependent on the external to prove to us that we are lovable.
    When this is known peace of mind follows, you are laid back, you are easy to be with, and on the level of form you become very attractive, not that that matters.
    You are also happy to be with you no reaching out for the next moment “to make me happy” Happiness comes from within.

We have a preconceived notion of what the role of our spouse is and of course what our role in the relationship is too. If our strongest role models ie our parents had a good relationship then chances are good that we will too.
    Men see themselves as the bread winners and their woman as the bread maker.
    There are boundaries “You do that, this is what I do.”

We all need our partner to be there for us to listen fully, to be present.
    The biggest thing you can do for another is to be fully present, particularly when you are with your partner, leaving your own agenda aside.
    Couples rarely really listen intently to each other. When the relationship ceases to meet your need to be fulfilled as a person then an obsession with work or hobby might start to take up so much time that there is little space is left for your partner.
    “Well at least I know who I am when I’m at work” How often have we heard people say that.
    So quarrels arise, both feel that they are neglected.
    The male feels that he deserves better treatment and after all dosent he work hard to support the family.
    The female is not too concerned about the money her man makes only that she works hard in the house and he is never there to give a helping hand.
    “Wouldn’t it be nice if he cooked the evening meal once and a while?” she says to her friends who are in a similar situation.
    The good thing is that when we are open it becomes possible to see our partner and their actions and attitudes in an entirely different context. NLP calls this reframing.
    We could say we picture it differently.
    See the other person’s point of view as if we are them.

It is also said that the other reflects back, mirrors part of us. So if our partner has aspects to their personality that we are none to fond of.
    Could it be that we have similar character traits that we deny?
    Our partner may push our buttons and we then say things and do things that we regret or justify later.
    “That’s not like me” may be a passing thought. Whatever arises come up to be recognised accepted and let go of.
    Without the buttons being pressed this blessing could not happened. So in a way our partner is to be thanked for bringing this into our awareness.

You will know that you have made real spiritual progress when a button is pressed and there is no knee jerk reaction from you.
    You are immune but not indifferent. It’s not a “I couldn’t care less what you say or do” attitude.
    It’s a state of non-judgmental love.
    The situation is as it is.
    As this begins to emerge in you the amazing thing is that your partner begins to change, if they are ready for change.
    Through total non judgmental acceptance of your partner and others the energy of love can bring about a raising of spiritual vibration and with that occurrence, their perspective changes, they see things including you in a different light.
    Let “You’re not the person I married” be a compliment rather than an observation of decline.

The Divine can be brought into all aspects of your relationship including love making.
    The path of Tantric is valid. It’s not within the scope of this book to go into that, there are many spiritual books on the subject but you have to be selective in what you buy.

Everything in this word from the plant realm to the human realm came into being through interaction between male and female of the species, God created it that way.
    Having a partner who is on the same spiritual or similar path to yours is a blessing. Having one who is not is also a blessing, they will be better at pushing your buttons perhaps.

The most important relationship of course is your personal relationship with Source/God and that is not an easy one at times either.
    There comes a moment when awareness of Divine Love happens, it is not really describable but you will know it. Then the spiritual search starts in earnest, it’s as though you have tasted amirit the wine of the gods and nothing else will do. Human love is wonderful and of course has its very important place in the scheme of things but it is rarely unconditional or completely fulfilling. We will wander off into unconditional love for a moment.

A friend, a woman spoke of her unconditional love for her son, it came to mind and mind loves a story.
    What if there had been a mix up at the maternity ward soon after birth and by mistake her child was given to another and vice versa. What then if years latter the accident was discovered and her “real” son appeared into her life, what then.
    I think the lady in the story would have been big enough to accept and love both “sons”.
    Children all belong to God we are just the the channel through which they materialse in to form.
    So yes we have responsibility for them but we don’t own them.

So what is unconditional love.
    If there is any sense of ownership, attachment, mine me in there agenda then there is a condition to that love no matter how small its there therefore it is not unconditional.

A well known story told to the best of my memory. Two Indian squaws claimed this particular infant as their offspring. The council said, well take an arm each and pull the child towards you and the stronger of the two will win. The women started to pull and the child began to howl as though he was being physically torn apart with these women pulling in opposite directions. In moments one could stand the child’s pain no more and gave up the struggle and just let go.
    The council members decided she must be the real mother as only such love could put the child before her desire to have him. Is that unconditional love? I don’t know but it comes pretty close. When you love another enough to let them go that’s an indicator of uncondional love. Sel-ish is the opposite because self is involved.

In the bible it says that God is a jealous God, what does that mean?
    It may be that what God said to have said meant “Get your priorities right” put no one ahead of your relationship with God, beside you yes. An equal partner yes.

So, one challenge that can arrive related to and in the relationship with God.
    Commonly referred to as the “Dark night of the Soul”
    On finding God as an experience not second-hand, not completely describable, there is quite often a period of bliss, that may last moments or days, however when it, this feeling, goes there is a vacuum created, (this may no happen for some time) a great emptiness, a sadness, sense of great loss, grief.
    These are only words but when it happens it is unbearable, you just want to be home with God.
    This has to be overcome too and can take time. It may recur from time to time but it is a sign of growth, painful though it is.
    A stepping stone if you will.
    At this time it is good if you have a partner or friend capable of unconditional love and understanding.
    You may be temporarily incapable of accepting or giving human love at this time but this too shall pass.

Something also that needs to be addressed is that having experienced the love of God then human love can/may seem pale and lacking by comparison.
    All I can say is that all love is of God and to let go of comparing.
    Just be in the moment and whatever form love takes be happy for that.
    Could be your pet showing even more affection than usual, they know.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 am

Indeed Greybeard. The important part is to allow and support each others spiritual growth. To go beyond trying to control the other and move into allowance where each person can be comfortable in being him or herself. Most people run into trouble because of ego, lack of maturity and basic incompatibility. I've learned that one can love almost anyone - but living with them is another story altogether as it is the little things that drives one around the bend.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 am

Carol wrote:Indeed Greybeard. The important part is to allow and support each others spiritual growth. To go beyond trying to control the other and move into allowance where each person can be comfortable in being him or herself. Most people run into trouble because of ego, lack of maturity and basic incompatibility. I've learned that one can love almost anyone - but living with them is another story altogether as it is the little things that drives one around the bend.

Tell me about it, laughing.
    Your last sentence can be appropriate at times.

Namaste
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Greybeard. Are you Sean Connery?

Ego - Page 4 Sean-c10
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Floyd wrote:Greybeard. Are you Sean Connery?

Ego - Page 4 Sean-c10

Not guilty laughing

Namaste
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:34 pm

In Tribute...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Off topic but very bloody funny. actually, its said Sean has rather a large ego!
    I do a mean Bond impression,,, Im tempted yo upload an audio clip. But then..It may just be a bit egoistic of me?

Nice clip Merc!

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:34 am