tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
Vidya Moksha
Swanny
Pris
RedEzra
THEeXchanger
magamud
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
FrankoL
rhythm
Beren
devakas
Micjer
malletzky
TRANCOSO
ClearWater
Carol
Floyd
Mercuriel
hippihillbobbi
mudra
bigmo
Nebula
greybeard
28 posters

Ego

magamud
    magamud

Ego - Page 9 Empty Re: Ego

Post  magamud Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

The reason people blow themselves up in oblivion is because they cannot stand being in the body.
    Age and Vanity is a bitch...

An egomaniac and a practitioner of erasing mental speculation is no different. Just different polarities of the whole.

Find the balance friends....
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 am

One of the most important and relevant to this time in our evolution talks.
    Marcell Messing speaks of the evil in this world.

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4qwW_zjdDI
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 pm

mudra wrote:No Questions No Answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1IOSxBuI0o

Love Always
    mudra

he is writing books?!? and somebody is reading? geezzzzz
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

You know devakas what I love about you is when you dance and let that unconditional joy flow freely from you.
    That's when you are on the wings of Creator's Love at your very best .

Guardians of Being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3leVosBPM

Hugs

Love for You
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 am

Marianne Williamson on the importance of intimate relationships.
    A beautiful inteview.
    Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZLkxlV1O8
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:17 pm

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

John 14:2
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Jim Carrey--- film star shares his awakening
    Gregg Braden also on this video

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vmJxWBeRM
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Not much of a grey area between mental speculation and Ego...
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

An enlightened Dog----- smiling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShDYYPnDBU0
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Ramana translation of the Atma Sakshatkara

52. When a pot is carried, though the space within the pot,
    Is conceived of as carried,
    Is it not solely the pot that is carried?
    The Self too. like Space, remains motionless.

53. When the pot breaks, the space in the pot
    Merges with the great Space.
    When the inert body passes away, the Self, seemingly in the body,
    Becomes immediately one with the Supreme Self.

54 Thus the Authority (behind creation) the omniscient Lord
    Spoke on that occasion with finality.
    One who is liberated, free from bondage
    Realises omni-presence and endless absolute Awareness.

That text is many thousand years old--- long before Christ or the Buddha.
    To be clear you are that space, that formless awareness, temporarily seeming to be confined within a body.
    You are eternal.
    Your are That I am.

Found in the collected works of Ramana Maharshi page 168

Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 am

Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Soap operas

I am aware that skill full writers directors and actors pull the emotions this way and that.
    One moment a character is portrayed as the hero and then some new fact arises and other context is applied and they are seen as the villain.
    The viewer is drawn into judging to the degree that the associated emotion is exactly the same as if the play is real.

Could it be that life is similar?
    We see it as happening to us but in reality it is not a personal event, its just life doing what it does.
    In the same way that we can step back from the play on TV and enjoy it ,even have opinions but be fully aware that the play is not real, it does not have to affect us, we have that choice, we can step back from what appears to be happening in life but remain unaffected.

The Me is the culprit--- any time the story is mine there is suffering or pleasure.
    Any time I apply a judgement I have fully entered into the play—Me is right in there.

Jesus said “Wear the world like a loose garment and I have overcome the world”.

The Bagavad Gita says

Events happen
    Deeds are done
    There is no individual doer there of.

Jesus said. “Of myself I do nothing it is the Father within.”

The sages teach that we in our true reality are unaffected by the vicissitudes of life.

Thats why Ramana says “First find who is experiencing XYZ”
    His famous question “Who am I?” does not lead to an answer that the mind understands.
    What happens is that questioner dissolves into the One.
    Then there is no longer a commentator with a strongly held opinion/judgement.
    Preference remains but there is no emotion behind that.

Chris

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Ego.

Wherever ego im not sure igo Greybeard
    What do you think?
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 am

Floyd wrote:Ego.

Wherever ego im not sure igo Greybeard
    What do you think?

Very funny and profound Floyd.
    He can go where he pleases- I dont have to follow or go anywhere.

Regards Chris
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 pm

blessings Cris!

Bhagavad Gita is amazing, in the most human way there is the most human conversation between two.
    glad you like it. Dialog in the simplest form. Dialog between teacher and student. question and answer. There was no question in all Bhagavatam that would rise in human mind ever, that was not answered. However people still wonder in their mind concoctions with attempt to recreate truth. ego will always fail, it is guaranteed.
    Krisna himself spoke in Bhagavad Gita.

when Arjuna surendered, Krsna drove him through the battle.

smile
    devakas

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:00 pm

devakas wrote:blessings Cris!

Bhagavad Gita is amazing, in the most human way there is the most human conversation between two.
    glad you like it. Dialog in the simplest form. Dialog between teacher and student. question and answer. There was no question in all Bhagavatam that would rise in human mind ever, that was not answered. However people still wonder in their mind concoctions with attempt to recreate truth. ego will always fail, it is guaranteed.
    Krisna himself spoke in Bhagavad Gita.

when Arjuna surendered, Krsna drove him through the battle.

smile
    devakas

Yes devakas its all there.
    Nothing else is needed really.
    The Truth has been known since forever.

Blessing to you
    Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:37 am

Adyashanti interview on conscious Tv
    Awakening

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTF8n_WJko

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Very positive video regarding 21.12
    Enjoyable start then follows a srious look at possibilities.
    Chris
    Ps this came via The Ranch ---thanks Gio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxMymXI4KAg&feature=player_embedded
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am

Crossing over a new beginning 2012
    The title says it all
    Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlfYHAV1i8w
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 am

David Sereda : Theoretical Physics & Spiritual Wisdom

David Sereda Coast to Coast Published on 3 Mar 2013

Author and ufologist David Sereda returned to the show to illuminate the correlations between theoretical physics and spiritual wisdom. He pointed out how the duality of human nature-- such as good and evil, is mirrored in the atomic structure with its positive and negative components. Yet, light, he said, is the only particle in physics that is non-dual or "single" even though it does encounter inertia.

Relating this to the spiritual, Sereda noted that Jesus said: "If thine ye be single, thy whole body shall be filled with light." He also cited the paper of physicist Paul Dirac, The Equation of the Sea of Negative Energy (view Don Hotson's article --PDF file-- on this topic), as first presenting the discovery of "Singularity." In such a place, duality, time and conflict no longer exist, Sereda explained.

While individuals might move towards the Singularity through prayer and meditation, he said eventually there could be a physics model for such a concept, which could allow spaceships to enter into it and travel to locations in our galaxy much faster than the current speed of light.

Biography:

David Sereda's first aspiration in life was to become an astronaut. In 1968, David and a friend witnessed a UFO along with hundreds of other witnesses. After this experience, David grew up as a UFO enthusiast never living in doubt of the phenomena that has swept the world since the Roswell incident in 1947. His interest in space, religion, philosophy, astronomy and science led him on his career in related fields. He has worked deeply in high technology, on environmental and humanitarian issues and as a professional photographer for over 20 years. He has studied world religion, science, physics and paranormal psychology for over 25 years.

Wikipedia
    Theoretical physics is a branch of physics which employs mathematical models and abstractions of physics to rationalize, explain and predict natural phenomena. This is in contrast to experimental physics, which uses experimental tools to probe these phenomena.

The advancement of science depends in general on the interplay between experimental studies and theory. In some cases, theoretical physics adheres to standards of mathematical rigor while giving little weight to experiments and observations. For example, while developing special relativity, Albert Einstein was concerned with the Lorentz transformation which left Maxwell's equations invariant, but was apparently uninterested in the Michelson--Morley experiment on Earth's drift through a luminiferous ether. On the other hand, Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize for explaining the photoelectric effect, previously an experimental result lacking a theoretical formulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yQkjryCflQU#!

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Singularity is where science and spirituality meet.

Learning is an on going process for me as is understanding and believing.

I remember reading about a Sage in India who said "I am the Totality all of it"
    Also experiencing non-locality a timeless state where they were everywhere in time and space at the same time-- all they had to do was focus their attention on something specific and they would be there.

There is no conflict in singularity therefore peace reigns. There only is One without a second--- now that is a very spiritual statement.

Now you have scientists like David Sereda who has a foot in both camps (Science and spirituality) saying the same thing.
    Space travel in a state of singularity is instant--distance is no object because the traveller is everywhere at the same time.
    Just focus is required.

People who experience out of body will say that they travel to other realms--same principal though its not a complete experience as they have not bodily transported and cant stay there, they also see subject and object which is still duality.

NDE people are saying much the same--- though they experience non locality --they can focus and be there.

They experience unity consciousness in that they experience the life review as though they are the other---there is no difference between them--they are One.
    Dannion Brinkley speaks of being met by an entity that some would call Jesus, some Mohamed. some Krishna, some The Buddha.
    Dannion said that Being is himself. There is only One Self and you reading this are that. Not part not joined, not an aspect but the Totality of That.

Now that takes some believing--- I believe it but I dont have personal knowledge of that.

Its taken me years to get to this belief--hope you make it quicker---smiling.

if you take the time to listen to the David Sereda video I posted recently, then what I have pointed to here will hopefully make sense.

Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 am

The Non Dual state: Is It in Our Experience?

http://www.exoticindia.com/?utm_sour...eid=dc3baafeaf

It is easily recognized that when we are awake both the body and mind are active. Their activities include not only performing karma, but also experiencing its fruits. In the dream state however, the physical body is inactive and only the mind functions. Both the waking and dream states are tiring for the jiva. So as a bird flying for a long time in the sky gets tired and returns to its own nest for rest; after the hard work in the wakeful state and dreams, the jiva too enters into deep sleep (sushupti). Here he is totally free from tiresomeness (Brhadaranyaka Upanishad 4.3.19; Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.2). In deep sleep there is no desire for anything, nor are there are any dreams (Mandukya Upanishad 5).

Sushupti is the Non Dual State

In the waking and dream states, we do not know anything about what another person is experiencing. The only way to know his experience is to ask him. For e.g. a doctor can know the details of his patient’s pain: where it is located, whether it is increasing or decreasing etc, only after the patient informs the doctor himself. Similarly, a patient’s dream experiences also can be known by the doctor only by asking him.

On the other hand however, to understand the experience of deep sleep of another person, we do not have to ask him. As soon as somebody says that he had a sound sleep we are able to understand his experience, without asking him at all. This is very perplexing, why is it so?

We have to ask the other person’s waking and dream experiences because we are different from him in these two states. However, if anybody’s deep sleep experience is understood by us even without asking, it automatically shows that during deep sleep there is no difference at all between us; I am himself. In other words, it is clear that I exist in everybody’s deep sleep.

In the waking state, we experience the world through our sense organs and mind, which are different for each individual. In dreams however, the sense organs are inactive and only the mind functions. Therefore, whether it be the waking or dream state, it is through the sense organs and mind that we experience the world. But since these instruments vary from individual to individual, the experiences received through them are also different, varying with each personality. Thus in these two states we can know the other’s experience only when he tells us himself.

In sushupti however, we are embraced by everyone’s indweller God, and everything becomes One. Just like a man embraced by his dear wife does not know anything within or without, the jiva in God’s embrace has become one with everything (Brhadaranyaka Upanishad 4.3.21). Therefore, the apparent difference that is found in the waking and dream states between himself and others is completely absent in deep sleep; one is all alone. In other words: he is himself in everybody else. In this way the atman who appears to be different in different creatures when we are awake, loses the apparent distinctions and stays undisturbed in deep sleep. This is precisely the reason why we do not need to ask others to know their experience of deep sleep. It is already known without asking.

Thus we realize that no differences exist at all from one to another when the conditioning adjuncts (upadhis) like the body, sense organs and mind etc are dropped in deep sleep. According to the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad: ‘In deep sleep, there is no distinction of child or adult, king or beggar, educated or uneducated, man or woman....everyone has the same state of happiness’ (2.1.19). The word happiness in this shloka is qualified by an adjective ‘ati-ghani’, meaning an Ananda in which grief is totally destroyed. That is why there is no trace of dukha in sushupti. It is pure unalloyed sukha (Ananda). I is a state free from desire, and free from paap and punya. This is the state of Abhaya (fearlessness): Brhadaranyaka Upanishad 4.2.20.

However this Ananda terminates with the termination of deep sleep. The oneness which resulted from the disconnection of the instruments (body, senses, mind) is gone the moment a connection is established with them as soon as we wake up. This is because our attachment to the body, nurtured over several births, is still intact. The Upanishads describe what happens using the following imagery: ‘One who had lost kingship becomes king again, one who had lost poverty gets it back again. Similarly a tiger or a lion or a wolf or a worm or a butterfly or a mosquito becomes what it was, immediately after returning from deep sleep (Chandogya Upanishad 6.9.3).

This is Paramananda

The Ananda experienced by us in deep sleep is Paramananda, i.e. there is no happiness equal to it and certainly none greater than it. ‘Here the jiva is transparent like water, he is alone without a second and therefore is free from fear. This is Paramatman. It is the highest destination for the jiva, his highest treasure, his highest world and his highest happiness’ Brhadaranyaka Upanishad (4.3.32).

It is difficult for people to understand this description of deep sleep given by the scriptures. We fail to have faith in these words because we have always been accustomed to obtaining sukha only through an effort, and here is a state which gives us the maximum happiness precisely because there is the absence of any effort.

Generally the experience of deep sleep is taken very lightly and the following objections are raised: How can it be called the state of maximum happiness? In fact, it cannot be called happiness at all since we obtain happiness only by interacting with various objects (vishayas), but there is no object at all in deep sleep. Actually, deep sleep is not a positive experience at all, the happiness there signifying only the absence of grief rather than the presence of sukha per se.

Reply: To understand the answer to all these queries, let us assume that happiness indeed is the result of our interaction with external objects. However, we do know that our happiness terminates after we have been in contact with an object for quite some time. If it be true that our sukha results from contact with various objects, then how are these two to be reconciled? Why should happiness terminate when still in contact with the object? Or at the very least, why doesn’t the desire to come into contact with the object arise again soon after the termination of happiness?

The non believer would answer these questions as follows: ‘There is no question of reconciliation here, because that is the nature of the process. The only meaningful pursuit in life is to extend the duration of the pleasure by some means. All efforts should be directed only towards that end.’

This however is not correct. Suppose that one is deprived of sleep, food and pleasurable objects for a long time and then all of them are simultaneously offered to him. It is known that the first thing he would seek would be sleep, then food and then the pleasures from outside objects. Even in the case where pleasurable objects are in good supply and one is deprived only of the pleasure of sleep, he would give up everything and take pills to get sleep. If there is obstruction for sleep, one would reject one’s wife or children or wealth. Therefore, it is clear that the pleasure from outside objects, the pleasure from food and the pleasure of sleep are in an increasing order. Hence, sleep is not merely the absence of grief, but also the greatest happiness.

Conclusion:

Thus we see that the all compassionate God is everyday giving us an experience to understand our oneness with Him. We would not deserve to be called human beings if we did not stop to ponder on this profound aspect of our daily life, realizing that such a union is not mere speculation, but something which falls well within the ambit of our experience.

This article is based almost entirely on the teachings of Param Pujya Swami Paramanand Bharati Ji. However, any errors are entirely the author's own.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Such a great thread Chris. Thank you for filling it up with so much wisdom.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 am

Carol wrote:Such a great thread Chris. Thank you for filling it up with so much wisdom.

Hi Carol what I do is insigificant compared to what you bring to the Mists.
    Your comments are greatly appreciated though.

I visit the Mists often--- Im just a bit quiet these days.

Love to you
    Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm

In Conspiracy Theorist Mode
    Dannion Brinkley covers a lot of ground.
    Nuclear---Iran, Israel, North Korea, China.

And much more besides.

Chris

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Im listening to Adyashanti at the moment.

He is talking about how we are all waves of the Divine Ocean
    In his humour he jokes---Of course the wave is composed of 100% water--- so is the ocean.

When the wave realises it is the Ocean it changes its perspective completely.
    The Ocean knows that everything is ok and is not concerned for the wave as the wave never left the Ocean.

Simple but excellent.

Chris

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 pm