tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
Vidya Moksha
Swanny
Pris
RedEzra
THEeXchanger
magamud
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
FrankoL
rhythm
Beren
devakas
Micjer
malletzky
TRANCOSO
ClearWater
Carol
Floyd
Mercuriel
hippihillbobbi
mudra
bigmo
Nebula
greybeard
28 posters

Ego

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Ego - Page 13 Empty Re: Ego

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:20 pm

greybeard wrote:I have posted here a video which is where my belief of the moment lies.

Hi Chris, I cant watch videos, i am on a mobile connection with insufficient bandwidth.

I realise the problem. I am not discussing belief systems or what such and said. I am describing my own experience of advaita, I am only writing from personal experience, not somebody else's experience or somebody else's words.

I have described advaita faithfully and accurately. What more can I do?

Please accept what I have written as a fair and accurate account of my experiences, and I offer it as another 'point of view' for you until you experience the state for yourself.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Its a shame you cant view the video entitled Advaita is Vedanta

Not in anyway doubting your experience.

The video says not to nest in any experience or belief--not to get off the train one or many stations short of full "realisation."
    Words don't do it
    Simplest is--"Only "God" is and you are that."

You are the totality all of it "One without a second"--no subject and object----just "This"
    Everything comes from nothing and returns to nothing---Pulsation.
    Scientists seem to have proved that the creation pulses in and out of existence many times a second
    Nureo science experiments have proved that the action is claimed to be mine after it has happened.
    That is too say the event is in process before the mind thinks it decided to do this.

I'm not out to convince or change any ones thoughts on their own personal experiences

The Buddha discounted his as not it --experiences come and go.
    What remains constant through all events and happenings?
    Self does-----that's why there is a term Self realisation.

Namaste
    Chris

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:08 pm

greybeard wrote:

The video says not to nest in any experience or belief--not to get off the train one or many stations short of full "realisation."
    Words don't do it

this ^ is the normal state of mind in advaita

greybeard wrote:
    Simplest is--"Only "God" is and you are that."
    Hamso, soham.. this is NOT advaita, this is a much 'higher form' of samadahi.

If there were a set of stages to this process, which there arent, but lets pretend for a moment, then 'advaita' is the lowest of the higher states. Lets call all states 'above' advaita 'samadhi' and then we can ascribe a whole new set of stages of 'self-realizations' until the ultimate self realisation is 'achieved'

we are talking samadhi now, and not advaita. Advaita is not the end of the process but the very beginning.

greybeard wrote:
    You are the totality all of it "One without a second"--no subject and object----just "This"
    Everything comes from nothing and returns to nothing---Pulsation.

and with that you are also getting into theoretical works, see my post on yoga as an esoteric philosophy (also posted in the hatha section).

YES I KNOW advaita isnt the end? But where are you supposed to 'practice the higher awarenesses?

Swami Rama makes the valid observation: “Indians are free thinkers in the bondage of social law; westerners are in bondage of fixed ideas, though have social freedoms.”
    In India where yoga developed you are not free to live in society in the state of advaita-samadhi, there are strict social laws, especially with respect to sexual activity. As a westerner, you might get away with it in an ashram, but in advaita you wouldnt be in an ashram!

In the west there is no recognition of the state of advaita-samadhi, it would be classified as some form of mania. Indeed, the psychiatric profession have gone to some lengths to classify all ‘mystical realisations’ as various forms of mental disorder. In the west you would pumped full of drugs, which would serve to bring you down quite quickly! Wink

In all societies independence from the state is not encouraged, in fact it is actively discouraged. Current society is not compatible with advaita, the two worlds work according to different rules.

Can you imagine a society without ownership of property,  thoughts/ideas or people? A society where people have the free will to do what they want and do not tell lies, do not cheat or steal? Well, I don’t have to imagine it, I have experienced it, and I can assure you that it is a beautiful place from which to view this wondrous planet that we live on.

Was that a rant? :p

greybeard wrote:
    The Buddha discounted his as not it --experiences come and go.
    What remains constant through all events and happenings?
    Self does-----that's why there is a term Self realisation.

Anicca indeed.

The first step of the higher awareness, is advaita. You seem to be mixing advaita with samadhi. Advaita is powerful, but not THAT powerful, trust me, you are still you.

Where to go from there? well into mental realms it can get as scary as  Crazy Happy  (but hang on, there is no fear in advaita right?)

want to enter spirit in a state of advaita? I will give you an analogy, as these things sometimes help. The spiritual (sic) warrior bursts through the door labelled 'third eye' wearing his loin cloth and brandishing his sword of truth. As he charges through the door he is immediately shrunk to the size of a baby, so trips over his loin cloth and is on hands and knees looking at some very serious ladies (for they were female)  knowing that a word or thought out of place would be the least wise thing to do.. to smile, nod, show respect and slowly crawl back out, closing the door behind you.. what the fu...  Crazy Happy

then there is the heart chakra - man! if thats opened it gets bat XXXX crazy as this thing called christ consciousness is probably real,, and if you mix it with bodhi intellect, where does that take you?

yeah...
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Here is the challenge for me.
    Ive read listened to countless accounts from mystics--not one can say that any technique practise led them to that realisation of on without a second

Sorry have to use words that can not really apply to the condition "experienced"

One said that it is as though it is an accident--it just happened--also said was that one can become accident prone.
    You can not make any of this happen ---even after hours of meditation--mantra--japa--devotion --you name it.

Several have said that the seeking is non productive--its as though you are denying what in essence you already are.
    Nasargadatta Maharajgh was famous for asking new arrival what their spiritual belief concept, path was--no matter what they said his response was "That's not it"
    He was out to destroy all concepts--paths --just focus on the "I am" was his advice--eventually I disappeared only am is left--"what is".
    His book "I am That" is a classic

Language, explanations, easily misunderstood as there are levels of truth before Absolute Truth
    There is awareness of awareness which is not dependent on any external object.
    I don't need anything to know I am.

I enjoyed Yogananda's Divine Romance.

Anyway I rarely post anywhere these days.

"God" gave me an ego, let Him remove it.

Nice to converse with you and I am happy for you for the "place" you find yourself in.

Off for now.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm

greybeard wrote:Here is the challenge for me.
    Ive read listened to countless accounts from mystics--not one can say that any technique practise led them to that realisation of on without a second

Sorry have to use words that can not really apply to the condition "experienced"

One said that it is as though it is an accident--it just happened--also said was that one can become accident prone.
    You can not make any of this happen ---even after hours of meditation--mantra--japa--devotion --you name it.

Several have said that the seeking is non productive--its as though you are denying what in essence you already are.
    Nasargadatta Maharajgh was famous for asking new arrival what their spiritual belief concept, path was--no matter what they said his response was "That's not it"
    He was out to destroy all concepts--paths --just focus on the "I am" was his advice--eventually I disappeared only am is left--"what is".
    His book "I am That" is a classic

Language, explanations, easily misunderstood as there are levels of truth before Absolute Truth
    There is awareness of awareness which is not dependent on any external object.
    I don't need anything to know I am.

I enjoyed Yogananda's Divine Romance.

Anyway I rarely post anywhere these days.

Nice to converse with you and I am happy for you for the "place" you find yourself in.

Off for now.

shall i give you the short version, and then i will depart too, i am even less in here :)

"All you need you already have." if you look for ANYTHING outside of yourself you are not in a state of samadhi-advaita. there are no teachings, no lessons, no practices. we are all in samadhi all the time but our mental processes hide that fact.

it is achievable in an instant, by everyone, and that is the truth of it.

(yes i know that is an oversimplification, but it will work until you achieve advaita, then you start again with new rules lol)
    i would suggest meditation is the biggest hindrance to achieving the state. buddha pointed the truth and we analyse his finger.)

{and i am in a place with a broken van and no cash to fix it, im not happy here in duality clown anicca eh? lol}
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon May 01, 2017 4:55 am

greybeard wrote:

this is quite true, but once you know the state you can arrange for this accident to happen again, by following the same route you took the first time

greybeard wrote:
    exactly!
    greybeard wrote:

This last sentence is why I came back into the mists to follow up this post. I am not having a go, or criticizing, it was on my mind last night so i thought i would follow up. If you truly believed this statement then advaita would soon follow. Complete surrender is probably the fastest way to self-realization, everything happens according to god's or a gurus wish (or your cat, it doesnt matter! as long as you surrender and believe 100%)

The problem here Chris is that clearly you are not on a path of Bhakti yoga, -complete surrender, in which case that sentence is wrong. you have given yourself 'ego' (i dont ever use the use the word, it is too nebulous, it can be broken down into more useful components).. given yourself asmita, which better translates as egotism.
    to reach advaita you need to lose asmita, the egotism simply disappears and you are in non duality. There is still the i-am ego present, ahem, that is 'removed' at a higher state of awareness.

I havent talked of myself, i have tried to keep my words generic, but now I will. To achieve advaita i 'surrendered to to the moment', I walked into the world only wearing the clothes I had on when i set off. Always in the present, no mental constructs about wanting something i dont have, or being somehwere else, complete surrender to the moment, there is no space for egotism in the present moment, it requires mental construct. i have all i need and 'god' 'mother earth' 'spirit guides' 'higher self' - pick whatever works for you - will provide all i need. that works for me, not not for all, but it does work.

I copied this from my post in the hatha section, i dont know how to link it here.. The point being, it is better to dig one deep hole when looking for water, rather than 100 shallow ones. Pick what works for you, and trust to yourself and not so much to you-tube.

Yoga is a vast subject which offers several paths towards self-realisation. Identity with self and a dualistic mind-set are the main obstacles to advaita and samadhi and both can be overcome by the loss of egotism. It doesn’t matter how you achieve advaita as long as the mental delusions cease.
    Bhakti yoga is the path of devotion, is the complete surrender (of the self) to a deity (or guru).
    It is the belief that everything happens according to god’s will and the same source will provide all.
    Once again the purpose is to lose egotism.
    Bhakti yoga is still a tool, which will become redundant once advaita – samadhi is realised. It is not a path for everyone, but it is generally considered to be one of the easiest ways to self-realisation.
    Karma yoga advocates cultivating a selfless attitude performing right action (ultimately, free from karma). It is good training towards having no egotism. It is possible to surrender to the moment, looking for nothing outside of yourself or the present moment.
    Jnana yoga is the path of knowledge, an intellectual attempt to achieve self-realisation. It is not a path for all and is considered to be the hardest approach to self-realisation.
    The yogis say that the mind is the great enemy and must be defeated in battle. Using the mind to achieve that which is not knowable or understandable by the mind is a difficult task.
    Kundalini yoga utilises a variety of pranayama and energy techniques to raise kundalini energy from mooladhara chakra to sahasrara chakra, which results in samadhi. It is not a path for all and can be dangerous if not undertaken correctly, or under expert guidance.
    Raja yoga is another term for ashtanga yoga. This path follows the teachings of Patanjali, as introduced in this manuscript.
    Sri vidya is a rare form of yoga, practiced by few who thoroughly understand the microcosm and macrocosm.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 am

Dear VM of course you are just sharing not having a go--I never thought that for a moment.
    The "Let god remove it" is a quote from Ramesh Balsekar.

I would not be able to define the non path I'm on.
    It was started thirty years ago.
    There is complete acceptance of what is--life is ok but there is a "desire" to know the Truth.
    If this does not happen that's ok.

Surrender, if you can call it that, has seen a lot of things removed from this life.
    I will not go into a list but I have what is essential, nothing more.

Knowledge I had on the subject of spirituality has disappeared-- the terms I barely remember.

Kundalini awoke spontaneously twenty years ago and still on going.
    I trust in the process if it can be called that.
    In a holy instant (ACIM) the illusion can go--just a mirage.
    I accept this can happen for anyone---out of the blue providence occurs.

If there was, known to me, a mystic in Scotland I would visit.

I have been to India three times--Sai Baba the first--Dr Goels--then Ramesh balsekar--all now deceased and every visit appreciated and beneficial.
    Energy --being in the presence can be beneficial.

I appreciate your input.

Namaste

Chris
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 am

greybeard wrote:
    There is complete acceptance of what is--life is ok but there is a "desire" to know the Truth.
    If this does not happen that's ok.
    oh yeah? tell me about it Wink
    greybeard wrote:
    Surrender, if you can call it that, has seen a lot of things removed from this life.
    I will not go into a list but I have what is essential, nothing more.
    i took it too far, i was penniless in the world through choice, just in my clothes, when you hit advaita things work out and XXXX happens and you are fine, bit scary until you slip through the hidden curtain though
    greybeard wrote:
    Knowledge I had on the subject of spirituality has disappeared-- the terms I barely remember.
    i had my awakening while working as a marine biologist :) no spiritual training, no words, no training.
    I took myself off to india for 5 years in attempt to find out what had happened to me, then i found i needed clear and concise words top describe my experience to others. I do have my science background after all Wink i need the nomenclature..

when i found the teachings from ALL religions were exactly the same in different languages, that was quite a moment, and helpful too, as i can slip between yoga and buddhism, or even the qabbalah, to describe processes or whatever.
    greybeard wrote:
    Kundalini awoke spontaneously twenty years ago and still on going.
    I trust in the process if it can be called that.
    In a holy instant (ACIM) the illusion can go--just a mirage.
    I accept this can happen for anyone---out of the blue providence occurs.
    good luck with that one.

i remember a while back, when i thought i had 'real' experience, meeting some folk who just blew my mind away with their experiences. yeah, we all have own paths, some much crazier than others.

energy in the body is crazy powerful, volcanic even.. im pleased thats not my path, i would be in a padded cell the rest of my life.

greybeard wrote:
    If there was, known to me, a mystic in Scotland I would visit.
    hey Im a mystic! well according to Theravada traditions anyway. Mystic Mike, how does that sound? lol.
    if i head north i will come and visit, i spend my youth in scotland, when it was dry and cold in the winter.
    greybeard wrote:
    I have been to India three times--Sai Baba the first--Dr Goels--then Ramesh balsekar--all now deceased and every visit appreciated and beneficial.
    Energy --being in the presence can be beneficial.
    I was quite disappointed, the energy of these self realised people is real, but when they die what is left is a tad disturbing on many levels. I did see amma, that was ... 'interesting'.. she is one powerful lady. To sit at the feet of these more advanced folk is not bullshit, but they are few on the ground these days.
    In india i found more useful info from folk like me, searching for their own truths, usually westerners.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 am

Hi VM
    Kundalini has never been a problem for me though I know it has been for some--there was a healing ability came with this.
    I have not tried to hang on to this--it comes it goes.
    The K started without me knowing what it was---only on investigation did I find out anything about this.

I put a link for anyone interested.

Your awakening interesting--Eckhart Tolle and some others I have read had similar--no spiritual practise or knowledge.

Sorry about your present environment--"This too will pass"---my favourite thought.

Much of my youth was spent in Findhorn Village--I learned to sail dinghy's there.
    Enchanting sunny days.

If your visiting Scotland let me know

Chris
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 am

greybeard wrote:Hi VM

Much of my youth was spent in Findhorn Village--I learned to sail dinghy's there.
    Enchanting  sunny days.

i am in foreign places sometimes... "Oh you are English! I have a friend in London, perhaps you know them?" lol

so here goes Wink

Do you know Rob and Anne, he was a champion kayaker, they moved from my native yorkshire to findhorn around 1980... think they wanted to raise goats...i think they were from Nottingham originally?
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 am

Sorry the names not familiar.
    I don't know anyone now--laughing--the circle of friends and acquaintances evaporated.

The link

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/book/details/kundalini-liberating-force-discourses-questions-and-answers-and-views-IDK142/
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm

I went to ACIM meetings in Findhorn for a year or so probably about eight years back--now It comes to mind that a lady came several time and I think she spoke of rearing goats---names come and go.
    I'm Seventy one so I suppose I can be excused--laughing.

Chris
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue May 02, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks Chris. It may not come as a surprise to hear that I have studied kundalini quite extensively. Ironically the Christian mystics are also a good source for this info as well, as they attempt to map all the forces of the universe in diagrammatic form on their 'trees of life'

The Bihar School of Yoga publications are all recommended highly and there are several works detailing kundalini.

Its not my path. If i ever crawl back onto this mystical path then my first stop will be advaita, and I know how to get there, i dont need to read anything.

For now, I still procrastinate instead of typing up my next book, and if I ever finish it I am heading for a simple life, planting a forest garden, that sort of thing Wink
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Once upon a time I would have wished for such an environment to spend my retirement in.
    However it is as it is.

Chris
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon May 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi Chris. I wasnt really thinking about this, but it sort of popped up as another excuse for some more procrastination on my part.

I do like analogy and metaphor to describe some of these higher experiences, its actually a pretty useful tool, a series of animated cartoons would be the easiest and best way to portray a lot of this 'mystical' stuff.

It is my opinion that the biggest hurdle to these higher states is the barrier that has been placed by the wrong words, either intentionally (to mislead and distract, new age is massive business) or simply through poor understanding.

There are many seekers but they all have the wrong map, they cant find what they are looking for if the map is pointing the wrong way. the map is words.

"we must get rid of the ego to reach spiritual enlightenment" is painfully funny, or just painful some days, or sometimes not funny at all. the three main words in that sentence are all misleading or inadequate or wrong. ego is nebulous, it needs to be better defined, you really do have to know how to separate the components of 'ego' if you want to reach these states through personal effort. spiritual is third eye, astral, dreams, they mean 'mystical'. enlightenment is new age bullshit par excellence, im not even going there again - see above.

Metaphor time, Horse and cart. Imagine the monkey mind as egotism (asmita, the 'i-want' ego). That monkey-mind chatter is the horse, driving the cart, the cart is the self (ahem, the 'i-am ego'). its a clever monkey because it can train itself (through meditation etc) to be so quiet you dont think its driving the cart. but it is.

When you reach advaita the monkey-mind is switched off, it is not quiet, it is turned off. there is no i-want ego. this is the 'ego' the 'spiritual' (sic) crowd ( Adv2 ) seek to lose to achieve enlightenment ( Enlightened )

Now! the monkey mind isnt dead, it is now the cart, it 'follows' you! and you are you , the i-am ego remains, without monkey-mind there is no choice, so you only have free will. you, ahem, are free to do whatever you want, but you have no choice. You are the horse now, but you cant do anything there is no action, or intention to do an action or a memory of an action, you are just you in that instant, with free will..

do you start to imagine what it is do do something without doing it? but there is still a self to do nothing!

does that work as a metaphor?

i must add! achieving advaita is not a rational thought process, you dont think your way there or analyse your way there, you step through an invisible gate into an alien world, it is an order of magnitude above what you can 'imagine'.. but the metaphor holds good, which is why metaphors are good, and cos im not clever enuff to make up sutras.

but i say the horse and cart are for peasants, Freedom i want it all... and i want it now

Another metaphor?
    have you realised, good folk, that consumerism is the number one enemy?, wars and climate are just distraction while we terraform the planet for our iphones, the martians did land and we are terra -forming the planet for them..
    UFO2
    or is a metaphor? lol..
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue May 09, 2017 2:42 am

Thanks for this VM
    Understanding is not possible through words but they do sometimes point to the Truth I suspect. The late Dr David Hawkins said the ego is not an enemy and that it followed him around like a pet dog
    His definition one of the best "The ego is just identification with the story of me"

I appreciate your posts so anything that comes to mind please share.

Chris
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Tue May 09, 2017 3:49 am

Please excuse me for this tongue in cheek post ok lol

Why are you not working guys...? Why not plant a garden and grow vegetables instead of trying to become one ? Why not sprout some seeds in place of speculations and see and taste the fruit of your work ?

All in good humour : )

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 am

Well my old Red friend.
    Your humour appreciated.
    Spring is here--grass has been cut--seeds to plant.
    Christ was enlightened--The Kingdom of Heaven lies within--The Father and I are one
    Seek ye first the Kingdom.--Of myself I do nothing. That's could be read as pure non-duality.
    Not two---but one without a second.
    Many paths but one mountain.
    The mountain being-- discarding all that is not Truth Neity Neity.

You are well read on all these matters Redezra.
    So I'm not entering into the rights and wrongs of it.
    Debate may be healthy but the clever ego loves to prove --"You got it wrong"

All I know for sure is "I am" independent of all else---ie no subject nor object.
    Nothing needed to confirm that.

With Love
    your very old friend.
    Chris
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 am

That's right old friend..: ) another spring and we both have seen a lot of those by now. We are veterans in life and in the quest for truth as well.

Wish you all the best up there in the highland : )
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 am

greybeard wrote:
    Christ was enlightened--The Kingdom of Heaven lies within--The Father and I are one
    Seek ye first the Kingdom.--Of myself I do nothing. That's could be read as pure non-duality.

Many paths but one mountain.
    The mountain being-- discarding all that is not Truth Neity Neity.

All I know for sure is "I am" independent of all else---ie no subject nor object.
    Nothing needed to confirm that.

Hi Chris, I am off the train. I am not interested in watching videos even if i had the bandwidth. I am not reading any more mystical works. I have my own part of the elephant described and, as you appear to be, I am comfortable with my experience and knowledge. I am not looking to preach, or convince anyone, I am simply describing my path up the mountain.

As I see it, you are advocating a higher form of samadhi. I believe I have experienced advaita twice in my life and that opened doors and pathways that were not open to me previously. I have described my path as best I can. It only because I am writing again, and reformatting my yoga book that I am even here discussing it.

And even that isnt quite true, the only reason I am in the mists is that I bought credit for the internet to try and help a friend in south america who is dying. But she wants to die and doesnt want anybodys help, so i sent my love and thanked her for her selfless and difficult work of many years. we have to respect each other's wishes and belief systems. I would support anyone in their belief and hope they would do the same for me.

I also tried to help a guy with cancer, and might have done, might not have done, but it turns out he was a publisher and there is a chance to publish my books, hes retired and wants to do it.. why not? For me, I want my studies and experiences recorded as much because I am tired of repeating myself as I am over it all. But it would be nice to self publish even if I keep the work private. Books have been a huge part of my life, even when traveling with a rucksack! I actually have an ayurvedic massage manuscript, that I use myself and friends have but I hadnt considered publishing it, and now I probably will.

I have a tarot manuscript that LLewellyn were interested in a while back, but copyright issues meant i needed to design my own tarot deck (this is tarot as a pictorial representation of all of the esoteric religions - not divination or new age stuff.). Any artists out there? Wink and who knows?

All of this came about as a result of buying internet credit, so another lesson learned, dont buy credit. Wink I am typing up my final manuscript until I fix my van and drive to build my forest garden, compost toilets.. I will likely have a few books but no internet Wink but anyway, thats me.. i'm just popping into the mists and saying my piece as I thought I had something to contribute, and I am happy with my last post above, its a good summary, it'll do me. Also, and this is important, these are my experiences, not what I have read in books. I used my studies to support my experience.

If I stick to yoga for a second, then there are many paths described towards self realization, some vastly different to others. Thats's just yoga!
    No size fits all, we have to work these things out for ourselves, which is another reason I dont talk about this much.

I am out of the mists now for a while, I always look in when I can and it is much easier with broadband, if I find somewhere that has it.

Before I go, I would like to mention another part of my experience, but I hesitate to do so, for a number of reasons. But here goes. Forget definitions or states for a moment. I believe that advaita is the same a buddhi-intellect. Now, if anybody - and lets really put the cat amongst the pigeons - if a woman reaches advaita, can she call herself buddha? well, on one level, yes she can, but thats where it all starts to get very emotive with folk and we needed better labels. If someone tells me they are enlightened I think they are idiot, if someone tells me they have experienced advaita or samadhi or a specific term from another teaching, eg Buddhism, then I would like to hear their story.

Forget the question of whether Siddhartha Gautama was a real person, - what did he do to achieve or attain buddahood?

‘Buddha’ was born Siddhartha Gautama, perhaps around 400BC in India and practiced yoga (he wasn’t a Buddhist, obviously). I would have thought that made him an Indian yogi, but what do I know? Anyway, Orthodox Buddhism has basically made him a god now and what i just wrote would be blasphemy in some countries, its ridiculous! but its also true.

I dont know what state siddhartha reached, advaita for sure, and what else?, i dont know. Nirvana is way above advaita, that is stepping off the wheel of conditioned existence, understanding reincarnation. That stuff is so far above my experience that it may as well be a sci-fi movie. of course monkey does like his mental masturbation but thats all it is. 'mindwa nk' ! having just slagged off the theravada buddhists for making buddha god, i will say its nice to have the original teachings, or whatever was written down 600 years later and called original.. whatever! i am not interested in the history of it for the moment.

My point is (or rather isnt, im making this up as i go along, can you tell? even to the point where i wonder if i should stop and compose something offline)
    buddha-intellectis a valid word for advaita. buddha-intellect doesnt make you buddha.. or does it?

now onto less solid ground, i believe that christ consciousness has everything to do with the heart chakra and nothing to do with any historical figure. I have always failed at my attempts to get into the bible, its just not worth the massive effort for the little or no gain. I do like esoteric christianity very much, but they recognize christ-consciousness as a distinct and definable term, which also sits on their tree of life.

so if Jesus existed, same as with siddhartha above, then becoming christ was a state of being, a properly functioning heart chakra and energy, love is an energy not a concept. it is a form of prana. does having a functioning heart chakra make you christ? well it gives you christ consciousness. same as with buddha above.

greybeard wrote:
    no Chris, enlightenment is new age bullshit, he achieved advaita. the rest of that quote is attributable to esoteric works and I dont know that he attained that state, which would be nirvana? or an advanced state of samadhi, but never ever enlightenment Wink ? who knows? i think jesus experienced what thousands or millions of folk have achieved since. but thats my belief. i didnt know him personally (if he ever existed).

now here's the rub. and where i hesitate even further.

Vajrayana Buddhism actually calls Bodhi nature advaita. Mahasukha (‘great bliss’; a form of samadhi) is achieved when Bodhi nature is coupled with compassion (upaya), but I think christ consciousness is basically upaya.

now, lets see who jumps up and down the most in their attempt to call me a blasphemer, because, why couldnt you call someone who achieved mahasukha a god? well ironically, in esoteric circles you can, and if you work it back from there then this geezer called jesus had bodhi-consciousness and christ conscioussnes, so maybe he was a god. he was buddha and christ both, isnt that a god?

but, and here is the rub, mahasukha isnt the end either, I have experienced it briefly, or what i consider to be it..its just the start of the next level...and still an order of magnitude again to what you are describing Chris, there is still work to do, more stations to pass by to reach the state you describe to me, which is (as i say) an advanced form of samadhi.

what comes after god? you have bodhi-intellect and christ-conscioussness , then what? there is more.. but what is it?

these terms are all so very emotive, if i had written the above, and i could have, without mentioning buddha or christ, just using terms from Vajrayana Buddhism then it would not be considered blasphemous, but i believe the terms i used above are all consistent and interchangeable as described.

phew! this time i really am out of here! have fun folk!
    Eartheart
    Eartheart

Post  Eartheart Tue May 09, 2017 8:51 am

Anchor
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am

Hey vidya are you okay..? because you are beginning to make as much sense as buddy oxy lol tongue in cheek again... and you like labels a lot but where is the substance ?
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 am

you can lead a horse to water, but you can never make it drink.

you can lead a man to slaughter, but you can never make him think.
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 am

Aha... from fortune cookies : )
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 am

Red, hello. we havent met before, or again, so hello.
    i have to block you im afraid as i dont have the bandwidth, i dont even see your posts, its not that i am ignoring you, i dont see you, normally, but you replied in here and i saw it so here i am. i doubt i will do it again, so nice to meet you.
    please read my hatha yoga notes section, and my sources are the teachings of the schools i listed, look for yourself, i have been consistent in my labels to help you. there are search engines and libraries, what i have written above is easy enough to research, i kept it simple.

i tried to describe my experiences, and of course they are subjective, but i will reference myself in those cases. .

not a fortune cookie

The judge sits on his great assize
    Twelve men wise with swollen thighs
    Who never ever told no lies
    Whose minds were ever such a size
    Whose lives were ever such a prize
    Whose brains bred answers just like flies
    Whose answers stalked their thoughts like spies
    Whose lead ball through the courtroom flies
    To rip a hole clean between two eyes
    That never ever wore disguise
    And never ever saw blue skies