tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
lawlessline
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Floyd
tacodog
spiritwarrior
gscraig
eMonkey
hobbit
dolphin
newel
burgundia
CetaceousOne
ClearWater
Jenetta
sabina
bigmo
hippihillbobbi
anomalous cowherd
mudra
keith
enemyofNWO
TRANCOSO
lindabaker
Blacklight43
Micjer
Anchor
Pheryllt
Carol
Mercuriel
Bobbie
34 posters

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

mudra
    mudra

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:57 am

Matt Simmons Believes Oil Covers 40% Of Gulf Beneath The Surface

Matt Simmons was on Bloomberg earlier, adding some additional perspective to his original appearance on the station, in which he initially endorsed the nuclear option as the only viable way to resolve the oil spill. Simmons refutes even the latest oil spill estimate of 45,000-60,000 barrels per day, and in quoting research by the Thomas Jefferson research vessel which was compiled late on Sunday, quantifies the leak at 120,000 bpd. What is scarier is that according to the Jefferson the oil lake underneath the surface of the water could be covering up to 40% of the entire Gulf of Mexico. Simmons also says that as the leak has no casing, a relief well will not work, and the only possible resolution is, as he said previously, to use a small nuclear explosion to convert the rock to glass. Simmons concludes that as punishment for BP’s arrogance and stupidity the government “will take all their cash.” Now if only our own administration could tell us the truth about what is really happening in the gulf…

Video on Vodpod: http://vodpod.com/watch/3846451-matt-simmons-believes-oil-covers-40-of-gulf-beneath-the-surface

and another one here : http://peakoil.com/enviroment/matt-simmons-believes-oil-covers-40-of-gulf-beneath-the-surface/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 am

Fake clean up workers ...

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:38 am

Breaking news !

Richard Hoagland on coast to coast discusses the risk of collapse of part of the seabed of the Gulf of Mexico, with a resultant castastrophic tsunami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEr4FctWAM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4hfGY6i75w&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 am

Lindsay Williams on Rense :

Part 1/4

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:04 am

CNN Anderson Cooper Congress Releases Stunning BP Documents - Part 1 of 6

Would'nt sending the reports we have to Anderson Cooper be a good idea ?

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 pm

tacodog wrote: If it's not on the main news, well, nothing to worry about.

Dear Taco I am stumbling against the same walls over here ... Some seem to need to smell some oil in the air before they realize something is happening on this Earth...

We do have a lot in our hands right now but there is so much more in our hearts that it can well be measured as a grain of sand versus infinity .

Stay strong .
    Keep the focus on growth . We are at the crossing point between the evolving spiral and the devolving one .

Love for You
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

After listening to Obama, one of the things he focused on in his speech was ending our dependence on oil and going for clean energy. I do not see this leak stopping. I just don't. Instead, it appears it will continue to get worse. However, I do see innovation taking off and finally the U.S.'s dependency on oil shifting to other energy sources (wind and sun are basic, but I'm hoping that Dr. Greer and those focusing onto other types of energy sources will take off on main street).

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    tacodog
    tacodog

Post  tacodog Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

http://thejohnchronicles.wordpress.com/
    This is interesting:
    “Experts declared the hole could only be created by a space-based laser weapon called MIRACL, or Mid-Infrared Advanced Chemical Laser – the only known successful direct energy weapon developed by the U.S. Navy.”
    Numerous images of the Deepwater Horizon incident site are surfacing once again. This is only one of dozens that have come to our attention… and every single image does in fact pass our authenticity guidelines. One must consider what is to come if in fact this incident is proven intentional, while little or no doubt exists in the minds of many already. New note: We can verify that these images were taken from a video recording of the incident. On Simply Your Health radio today, we explored the stunning revelations in Clif High’s Web Bot predictions made March of this year.
    Check out his audio
    sabina
    sabina

Post  sabina Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:12 am

working with children I have had a nice conversation : Isaid the word is going to an end, and they think only for soccer!!!!
    answer you mean the oil spill???? Yes that´s what I mean.
    they don´t know better!!!! (they thinking only for football.)
    in this moment iknew we can`t stop telling over and over again the truth!!!!!!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 am

CNN posted this interactive chart.

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 17JUN2010+Oil+Disaster+By+The+Numbers+CNN

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:02 am

The Corporation .. the movie

http://www.thecorporation.com/index.cfm?page_id=2

Provoking, witty, stylish and sweepingly informative, THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Part film and part movement, The Corporation is transforming audiences and dazzling critics with its insightful and compelling analysis. Taking its status as a legal "person" to the logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" The Corporation includes interviews with 40 corporate insiders and critics - including Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Milton Friedman, Howard Zinn, Vandana Shiva and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

Watch full movie here : http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1371416

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:33 am

Far From Gulf, a Spill Scourge 5 Decades Old

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 Jp-NIGERIA-3-articleLarge

BODO, Nigeria — Big oil spills are no longer news in this vast, tropical land. The Niger Delta, where the wealth underground is out of all proportion with the poverty on the surface, has endured the equivalent of the Exxon Valdez spill every year for 50 years by some estimates. The oil pours out nearly every week, and some swamps are long since lifeless.

As many as 546 million gallons of oil spilled into the Niger Delta over the last five decades, experts said.

The Niger Delta region contains fragile wetlands. More Photos »
    Perhaps no place on earth has been as battered by oil, experts say, leaving residents here astonished at the nonstop attention paid to the gusher half a world away in the Gulf of Mexico. It was only a few weeks ago, they say, that a burst pipe belonging to Royal Dutch Shell in the mangroves was finally shut after flowing for two months: now nothing living moves in a black-and-brown world once teeming with shrimp and crab.

read more : http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/17/world/africa/17nigeria.html?src=me&ref=general

Love Always
    mudra
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 am

Right from the start I knew this thing would not be "plugged," don't know why, but there we have it. Sounds like others have felt the same way. probably to do with knowledge of earth/sun connections and changes coming.

The useful thing in this spiraling out of control is the part this can play in people's awakening, Dialogue with those not willing to see can be very tricky but is well worth the effort , because eventually they will remember what was said and maybe you will be the one person that gives someone their frst piece of the puzzle. They may not LIKE the puzzle but hey, it's a gift!. Yeah they'll thank you for it someday, Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 Icon_albino

As for solutions, re dispersants and clean up, it is good to see people regaining some sense of pride and initiative, such as in towns like Destin, Florida.

I'm one of the rare people who have been in love with the word NO for many years, so it pleases me greatly to see people rise up and take back some measure of control. Information is getting around about the dispersants and this is a very good thing to see. Of course the cost is WAY too high, but there it is, once again.

As to stopping the volcano bleeding out, as many said, it will not be solved by the same technology that created the problem, but this does NOT mean that it is not available. or even that these corporate criminals have knowledge of it. It's no wonder some wish for ET intervention, but I'd be satisfied with the human use of hidden technology many call ET in origins.

What I am trying to find is people referring to what this technology might be. So far, Richard Hoagland is the only one I can find mentioning what he calls " secret torsion technology". He is at least offering some ideas of things to do and people to complain to , if this is of interest I recommend joining his facebook account, there is some interesting info/links there. It looks like a good place to find names and addreses of the right people to bug on this. He also mentions the importance of getting the mud maps seen by the public. Worth a look, I know facebook is more or less an info gathering op, but it's still useful and believe me, I have my reservations about Hoagland....
    Gosh, it's nice to see everyone here, and thanks for anyone appreciating my jokes, not everyone does... Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 Icon_flower
    Mudra, you are on a scorpio roll with the info , we can be pretty relentless as a species! Hope you take some time for fun and frivolity to recharge now and again.
    I am happy to be part of this little team in the quieter waters of the mists. Stay sane everybody.
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:44 am

That's probably because of past events like Lake Nyos 1986 that some are so worried about a gas eruption in the Gulf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BE42PzZZc#t=2m30s
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Nyos#The_1986_disaster

Because this gas is twice as heavy as air, it stays close to the ground and it doesn't take that much to be dangerous.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 am

I was about to post this article about methane when I found yours metaw

Gulf oil full of methane, adding new concerns

The oil damaged shoreline in the Northern reaches of Barataria Bay is seen amidst work boats in oil polluted waters as Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's t AP – The oil damaged shoreline in the Northern reaches of Barataria Bay is seen amidst work boats in oil polluted …
    By MATTHEW BROWN and RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI, Associated Press Writers Matthew Brown And Ramit Plushnick-masti, Associated Press Writers – 58 mins ago

NEW ORLEANS – It is an overlooked danger in oil spill crisis: The crude gushing from the well contains vast amounts of natural gas that could pose a serious threat to the Gulf of Mexico's fragile ecosystem.

The oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane, compared with about 5 percent found in typical oil deposits, said John Kessler, a Texas A&M University oceanographer who is studying the impact of methane from the spill.

That means huge quantities of methane have entered the Gulf, scientists say, potentially suffocating marine life and creating "dead zones" where oxygen is so depleted that nothing lives.

"This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history," Kessler said.

Methane is a colorless, odorless and flammable substance that is a major component in the natural gas used to heat people's homes. Petroleum engineers typically burn off excess gas attached to crude before the oil is shipped off to the refinery. That's exactly what BP has done as it has captured more than 7.5 million gallons of crude from the breached well.

A BP spokesman said the company was burning about 30 million cubic feet of natural gas daily from the source of the leak, adding up to about 450 million cubic feet since the containment effort started 15 days ago. That's enough gas to heat about 450,000 homes for four days.

But that figure does not account for gas that eluded containment efforts and wound up in the water, leaving behind huge amounts of methane.

BP PLC said a containment cap sitting over the leaking well funneled about 619,500 gallons of oil to a drillship waiting on the ocean surface on Wednesday. Meanwhile, a specialized flare siphoning oil and gas from a stack of pipes on the seafloor burned roughly 161,700 gallons.

read more : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_oil_spill

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 am

Guard readies as Gulf Coast braces for oil spill

Apr 30, 2010

http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/04/30/38347-guard-readies-as-gulf-coast-braces-for-oil-spill/

By Air Force Master Sgt. Mike R. Smith

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, April 30, 2010) -- At least three states along the Gulf of Mexico are preparing for a potential call for thousands of National Guard members as the nation ramps up its response to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill today.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal sent letters to federal officials asking them to approve funding to activate up to 6,000 Guardmembers to assist in the response to the oil spill.

In two letters addressed to Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates and Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Jindal said the Guard "will provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat."

"Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill," Jindal wrote. "They are engaged in the protection of vital infrastructure to include medical facilities, fuel distribution, interstate highways, water-ice distribution and power facilities, which are all vital to the recovery of coastal Louisiana."

Jindal went on to say that he "believe[s] these National Guard operations are necessary and appropriate to protect this region of our nation from a significant national event with potential catastrophic loss of natural resources."

Read more : http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/04/30/38347-guard-readies-as-gulf-coast-braces-for-oil-spill/

As a side note I looked in the section " new releases " US official military above ( on the link above ) . I am appalled by suicide rate they are heaving there every month Shocked
    http://www.army.mil/news/newsreleases/

Love Always
    mudra
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 am

Ok this is kinda weird....
    Obama's spill recovery chief will be part-time
    By MATT APUZZO and EMILY WAGSTER PETTUS – 2 hours ago
    WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's point man charting a new future for the oil-poisoned Gulf Coast will do the job part-time. Some environmentalists said the job demands someone's full attention.
    Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, who oversees 900,000 Navy and Marine personnel, is inheriting an amorphous second job as the Obama administration's leader of long-term environmental and economic planning. His task is no less than rebuilding a region still suffering after Hurricane Katrina and beset by decades of environmental problems.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hRCR0666iF-duoBFWWHMdMVEJ6TAD9GDKTT00

This is prophecy from Nostradomous.

The man we know as Mabus may be some obscure future terrorist who, if he is not identified and restrained in time, will trigger World War III and the extinction of civilization as we have known it.

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/mabus.htm
    Coincidence????
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:
    Mudra, you are on a scorpio roll with the info , we can be pretty relentless as a species! Hope you take some time for fun and frivolity to recharge now and again.
    I am happy to be part of this little team in the quieter waters of the mists. Stay sane everybody.

Indeed anomalous Wink
    I am allright keeping balance here and still believing the situation in the gulf will meet awakening within the human race and hopefully a better fate.
    Stay tuned ..and thank you for being on the ball yourself Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 19 83084

Love from me
    mudra
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:43 am

Just to let our friends across the pond know. I have room here in France. Not for everyone but atleast a good 10 people. Inés knows where I am if you need. My doors are always open. My heart goes out to you guys.

One other thing. When the French west coast was hit by the Spill from the ship Erika. Thousands of people just turned up to help with the clean up. It was this way that the whole thing was brought out in the open. I think it would be the best way to blow the lid off the secrecy put on the press. By the sheer number of volunteers, they wouldn't be able to turn you guys away. It is your country and beaches, and indirectly the beaches and marshland of the world. I am sure the dolphins would appreciate knowing you are there for them.

if the masses go down there and poke their finger in they cann't hide anymore. I cann't help physicaly but my brain is there with you, yes Inés, my heart aswell.

Love and power to you all.

t
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm

lawlessline wrote:Just to let our friends across the pond know. I have room here in France. Not for everyone but atleast a good 10 people. Inés knows where I am if you need. My doors are always open. My heart goes out to you guys.

t

Thank You Tom cheers
    I have copied your post to the practical discussion board Floyd opened for us around " problems and solutions " relating to the situation in the Gulf

http://newearthpioneers.forumotion.com/for-all-effected-and-concerened-f9/

….Alone you can fight,
    you can refuse, you can
    take what revenge you can
    but they roll over you.

But two people fighting
    back to back can cut through
    a mob, a snake-dancing file
    can break a cordon, an army
    can meet an army.

Two people can keep each other
    sane, can give support, conviction,
    love, massage, hope, sex.
    Three people are a delegation,
    a committee, a wedge. With four
    you can play bridge and start
    an organization. With six
    you can rent a whole house,
    eat pie for dinner with no
    seconds, and hold a fund raising party.
    A dozen make a demonstration.
    A hundred fill a hall.
    A thousand have solidarity and your own newsletter;
    ten thousands, power and your own paper;
    a hundred thousand, your own media;
    ten million, your own country.

It goes on one at a time,
    it starts when you care
    to act, it starts when you do
    it again after they said no, it starts
    when you say “We”
    and know who you mean, and each
    day you mean one more.

-Marge Piercy “The Low Road”

Much Love for You

Hugs

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:04 pm

The datas I was posting did'nt feel right to me afterall so I removed my post Wink

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:10 am