tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
THEeXchanger
lindabaker
orthodoxymoron
7 posters

The Ten Commandments Revisited

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

The Ten Commandments Revisited Empty The Ten Commandments Revisited

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm

I'd like to take a closer look at the Ten Commandments. What do the Commands Mean? Who really gave them? Who were they given to? Does God keep the Ten Commandments? Do you keep the Ten Commandments? Did Jesus tell us to keep the Ten Commandments? Despite the controversial nature of a lot of my posts and threads, this could be the biggest can of worms yet. I've started devotionally studying the Psalms, the Gospel of Matthew, and the Epistle to the Hebrews. http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3539-minimalist-traditionalist-spirituality What do these Books of the Bible have to say about the Ten Commandments and the Law of God? Which Biblical Texts specifically instruct humanity, past and present, to strictly obey the Ten Commandments found in Exodus 20? Which Biblical Texts specifically exempt humanity, past and present, from strictly obeying the Ten Commandments? Which Biblical Texts specifically instruct humanity, past and present, to strictly obey all of the commands found in All 66 Books of the Canonical Scriptures? Which Biblical Texts specifically exempt humanity, past and present, from strictly obeying any or all of the commands found in All 66 Books of the Canonical Scriptures? Which Biblical Texts refer to the Ten Commandemnts as 'The Ten Commmandments'? Here are the Ten Commandments, in the context of Exodus 19-21, in the King James Version of the Holy Bible:

Exodus 19: 1 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai. 2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount. 3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying , Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; 4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. 5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed , and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. 7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him. 8 And all the people answered together, and said , All that the LORD hath spoken we will do . And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD. 9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD. 10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes, 11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai. 12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying , Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death : 13 There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned , or shot through ; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live : when the trumpet soundeth long , they shall come up to the mount. 14 And Moses went down from the mount unto the people, and sanctified the people; and they washed their clothes. 15 And he said unto the people, Be ready against the third day: come not at your wives. 16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled . 17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. 18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke , because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. 19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long , and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake , and God answered him by a voice. 20 And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up . 21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go down , charge the people, lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze , and many of them perish . 22 And let the priests also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. 23 And Moses said unto the LORD, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, saying , Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it. 24 And the LORD said unto him, Away , get thee down , and thou shalt come up , thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the LORD, lest he break forth upon them. 25 So Moses went down unto the people, and spake unto them.

Exodus 20: 1 And God spake all these words, saying , 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy . 9 Six days shalt thou labour , and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. 12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 13 Thou shalt not kill . 14 Thou shalt not commit adultery . 15 Thou shalt not steal . 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his @$$, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. 18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed , and stood afar off. 19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear : but let not God speak with us, lest we die . 20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not. 21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was. 22 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven. 23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold. 24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. 25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it. 26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

Exodus 21: 1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. 2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve : and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married , then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. 5 And if the servant shall plainly say , I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: 6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever. 7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do . 8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed : to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power , seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her. 9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters. 10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish . 11 And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money. 12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die , shall be surely put to death . 13 And if a man lie not in wait , but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee . 14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die . 15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death . 16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death . 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death . 18 And if men strive together, and one smite another with a stone, or with his fist, and he die not, but keepeth his bed: 19 If he rise again , and walk abroad upon his staff, then shall he that smote him be quit : only he shall pay for the loss of his time, and shall cause him to be thoroughly healed . 20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished . 21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished : for he is his money. 22 If men strive , and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished , according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. 26 And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish ; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake. 27 And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake. 28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die : then the ox shall be surely stoned , and his flesh shall not be eaten ; but the owner of the ox shall be quit. 29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past , and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned , and his owner also shall be put to death . 30 If there be laid on him a sum of money, then he shall give for the ransom of his life whatsoever is laid upon him. 31 Whether he have gored a son, or have gored a daughter, according to this judgment shall it be done unto him. 32 If the ox shall push a manservant or a maidservant; he shall give unto their master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned . 33 And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an @$$ fall therein; 34 The owner of the pit shall make it good , and give money unto the owner of them; and the dead beast shall be his. 35 And if one man's ox hurt another's, that he die ; then they shall sell the live ox, and divide the money of it; and the dead ox also they shall divide . 36 Or if it be known that the ox hath used to push in time past , and his owner hath not kept him in; he shall surely pay ox for ox; and the dead shall be his own.
    The Ten Commandments Revisited Ten-commandments1

Now, consider the chapter 'God's Law Immutable' taken from the book 'The Great Controversy' by Ellen White. I continue to draw inspiration and enlightenment from the books written by Ellen Gould White (with the help of assistants, human and otherwise, and the works of others, attributed and unattributed), but I do not consider her writings to be an infallible interpreter of Scripture, or as an addition to Scripture. I don't always share her editorial bias, but her writings are always worthy of careful consideration.

"The temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament." Revelation 11:19. The ark of God's testament is in the holy of holies, the second apartment of the sanctuary. In the ministration of the earthly tabernacle, which served "unto the example and shadow of heavenly things," this apartment was opened only upon the great Day of Atonement for the cleansing of the sanctuary. Therefore the announcement that the temple of God was opened in heaven and the ark of His testament was seen points to the opening of the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary in 1844 as Christ entered there to perform the closing work of the atonement. Those who by faith followed their great High Priest as He entered upon His ministry in the most holy place, beheld the ark of His testament. As they had studied the subject of the sanctuary they had come to understand the Saviour's change of ministration, and they saw that He was now officiating before the ark of God, pleading His blood in behalf of sinners.

The ark in the tabernacle on earth contained the two tables of stone, upon which were inscribed the precepts of the law of God. The ark was merely a receptacle for the tables of the law, and the presence of these divine precepts gave to it its value and sacredness. When the temple of God was opened in heaven, the ark of His testament was seen. Within the holy of holies, in the sanctuary in heaven, the divine law is sacredly enshrined--the law that was spoken by God Himself amid the thunders of Sinai and written with His own finger on the tables of stone.

The law of God in the sanctuary in heaven is the great original, of which the precepts inscribed upon the tables of stone and recorded by Moses in the Pentateuch were an unerring transcript. Those who arrived at an understanding of this important point were thus led to see the sacred, unchanging character of the divine law. They saw, as never before, the force of the Saviour's words: "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law." Matthew 5:18. The law of God, being a revelation of His will, a transcript of His character, must forever endure, "as a faithful witness in heaven." Not one command has been annulled; not a jot or tittle has been changed. Says the psalmist: "Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven." "All His commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever." Psalms 119:89; 111:7, 8.

In the very bosom of the Decalogue is the fourth commandment, as it was first proclaimed: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11.

The Spirit of God impressed the hearts of those students of His word. The conviction was urged upon them that they had ignorantly transgressed this precept by disregarding the Creator's rest day. They began to examine the reasons for observing the first day of the week instead of the day which God had sanctified. They could find no evidence in the Scriptures that the fourth commandment had been abolished, or that the Sabbath had been changed; the blessing which first hallowed the seventh day had never been removed. They had been honestly seeking to know and to do God's will; now, as they saw themselves transgressors of His law, sorrow filled their hearts, and they manifested their loyalty to God by keeping His Sabbath holy.

Many and earnest were the efforts made to overthrow their faith. None could fail to see that if the earthly sanctuary was a figure or pattern of the heavenly, the law deposited in the ark on earth was an exact transcript of the law in the ark in heaven; and that an acceptance of the truth concerning the heavenly sanctuary involved an acknowledgment of the claims of God's law and the obligation of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. Here was the secret of the bitter and determined opposition to the harmonious exposition of the Scriptures that revealed the ministration of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary. Men sought to close the door which God had opened, and to open the door which He had closed. But "He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth," had declared: "Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Revelation 3:7, 8. Christ had opened the door, or ministration, of the most holy place, light was shining from that open door of the sanctuary in heaven, and the fourth commandment was shown to be included in the law which is there enshrined; what God had established, no man could overthrow.

Those who had accepted the light concerning the mediation of Christ and the perpetuity of the law of God found that these were the truths presented in Revelation 14. The messages of this chapter constitute a threefold warning (see Appendix) which is to prepare the inhabitants of the earth for the Lord's second coming. The announcement, "The hour of His judgment is come," points to the closing work of Christ's ministration for the salvation of men. It heralds a truth which must be proclaimed until the Saviour's intercession shall cease and He shall return to the earth to take His people to Himself. The work of judgment which began in 1844 must continue until the cases of all are decided, both of the living and the dead; hence it will extend to the close of human probation. That men may be prepared to stand in the judgment, the message commands them to "fear God, and give glory to Him," "and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." The result of an acceptance of these messages is given in the word: "Here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." In order to be prepared for the judgment, it is necessary that men should keep the law of God. That law will be the standard of character in the judgment. The apostle Paul declares: "As many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law, . . . in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ." And he says that "the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:12-16. Faith is essential in order to the keeping of the law of God; for "without faith it is impossible to please Him." And "whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Hebrews 11:6; Romans 14:23.

By the first angel, men are called upon to "fear God, and give glory to Him" and to worship Him as the Creator of the heavens and the earth. In order to do this, they must obey His law. Says the wise man: "Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13. Without obedience to His commandments no worship can be pleasing to God. "This is the love of God, that we keep His commandments." "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination." 1 John 5:3; Proverbs 28:9.

The duty to worship God is based upon the fact that He is the Creator and that to Him all other beings owe their existence. And wherever, in the Bible, His claim to reverence and worship, above the gods of the heathen, is presented, there is cited the evidence of His creative power. "All the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens." Psalm 96:5. "To whom then will ye liken Me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things." "Thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it: . . . I am the Lord; and there is none else." Isaiah 40:25, 26; 45:18. Says the psalmist: "Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves." "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our Maker." Psalms 100:3; 95:6. And the holy beings who worship God in heaven state, as the reason why their homage is due to Him: "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for Thou hast created all things." Revelation 4:11.

In Revelation 14, men are called upon to worship the Creator; and the prophecy brings to view a class that, as the result of the threefold message, are keeping the commandments of God. One of these commandments points directly to God as the Creator. The fourth precept declares: "The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: . . . for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:10, 11. Concerning the Sabbath, the Lord says, further, that it is "a sign, . . . that ye may know that I am the Lord your God." Ezekiel 20:20. And the reason given is: "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day He rested, and was refreshed." Exodus 31:17.

"The importance of the Sabbath as the memorial of creation is that it keeps ever present the true reason why worship is due to God"--because He is the Creator, and we are His creatures. "The Sabbath therefore lies at the very foundation of divine worship, for it teaches this great truth in the most impressive manner, and no other institution does this. The true ground of divine worship, not of that on the seventh day merely, but of all worship, is found in the distinction between the Creator and His creatures. This great fact can never become obsolete, and must never be forgotten."--J. N. Andrews, History of the Sabbath, chapter 27. It was to keep this truth ever before the minds of men, that God instituted the Sabbath in Eden; and so long as the fact that He is our Creator continues to be a reason why we should worship Him, so long the Sabbath will continue as its sign and memorial. Had the Sabbath been universally kept, man's thoughts and affections would have been led to the Creator as the object of reverence and worship, and there would never have been an idolater, an atheist, or an infidel. The keeping of the Sabbath is a sign of loyalty to the true God, "Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." It follows that the message which commands men to worship God and keep His commandments will especially call upon them to keep the fourth commandment.

In contrast to those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus, the third angel points to another class, against whose errors a solemn and fearful warning is uttered: "If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God." Revelation 14:9, 10. A correct interpretation of the symbols employed is necessary to an understanding of this message. What is represented by the beast, the image, the mark?

The line of prophecy in which these symbols are found begins with Revelation 12, with the dragon that sought to destroy Christ at His birth. The dragon is said to be Satan (Revelation 12:9); he it was that moved upon Herod to put the Saviour to death. But the chief agent of Satan in making war upon Christ and His people during the first centuries of the Christian Era was the Roman Empire, in which paganism was the prevailing religion. Thus while the dragon, primarily, represents Satan, it is, in a secondary sense, a symbol of pagan Rome.

In chapter 13 (verses 1-10) is described another beast, "like unto a leopard," to which the dragon gave "his power, and his seat, and great authority." This symbol, as most Protestants have believed, represents the papacy, which succeeded to the power and seat and authority once held by the ancient Roman empire. Of the leopardlike beast it is declared: "There was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies. . . . And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." This prophecy, which is nearly identical with the description of the little horn of Daniel 7, unquestionably points to the papacy.

"Power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." And, says the prophet, "I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death." And again: "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword." The forty and two months are the same as the "time and times and the dividing of time," three years and a half, or 1260 days, of Daniel 7-- the time during which the papal power was to oppress God's people. This period, as stated in preceding chapters, began with the supremacy of the papacy, A.D. 538, and terminated in 1798. At that time the pope was made captive by the French army, the papal power received its deadly wound, and the prediction was fulfilled, "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity."

At this point another symbol is introduced. Says the prophet: "I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb." Verse 11. Both the appearance of this beast and the manner of its rise indicate that the nation which it represents is unlike those presented under the preceding symbols. The great kingdoms that have ruled the world were presented to the prophet Daniel as beasts of prey, rising when "the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea." Daniel 7:2. In Revelation 17 an angel explained that waters represent "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." Revelation 17:15. Winds are a symbol of strife. The four winds of heaven striving upon the great sea represent the terrible scenes of conquest and revolution by which kingdoms have attained to power.

But the beast with lamblike horns was seen "coming up out of the earth." Instead of overthrowing other powers to establish itself, the nation thus represented must arise in territory preciously unoccupied and grow up gradually and peacefully. It could not, then, arise among the crowded and struggling nationalities of the Old World--that turbulent sea of "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." It must be sought in the Western Continent.

What nation of the New World was in 1798 rising into power, giving promise of strength and greatness, and attracting the attention of the world? The application of the symbol admits of no question. One nation, and only one, meets the specifications of this prophecy; it points unmistakably to the United States of America. Again and again the thought, almost the exact words, of the sacred writer has been unconsciously employed by the orator and the historian in describing the rise and growth of this nation. The beast was seen "coming up out of the earth;" and, according to the translators, the word here rendered "coming up" literally signifies "to grow or spring up as a plant." And, as we have seen, the nation must arise in territory previously unoccupied. A prominent writer, describing the rise of the United States, speaks of "the mystery of her coming forth from vacancy," and says: "Like a silent seed we grew into empire."--G. A. Townsend, The New World Compared With the Old, page 462. A European journal in 1850 spoke of the United States as a wonderful empire, which was "emerging," and "amid the silence of the earth daily adding to its power and pride." --The Dublin Nation. Edward Everett, in an oration on the Pilgrim founders of this nation, said: "Did they look for a retired spot, inoffensive for its obscurity, and safe in its remoteness, where the little church of Leyden might enjoy the freedom of conscience? Behold the mighty regions over which, in peaceful conquest, . . . they have borne the banners of the cross!"--Speech delivered at Plymouth, Massachusetts, Dec. 22, 1824, page 11.

"And he had two horns like a lamb." The lamblike horns indicate youth, innocence, and gentleness, fitly representing the character of the United States when presented to the prophet as "coming up" in 1798. Among the Christian exiles who first fled to America and sought an asylum from royal oppression and priestly intolerance were many who determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. Their views found place in the Declaration of Independence, which sets forth the great truth that "all men are created equal" and endowed with the inalienable right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." And the Constitution guarantees to the people the right of self-government, providing that representatives elected by the popular vote shall enact and administer the laws. Freedom of religious faith was also granted, every man being permitted to worship God according to the dictates of his conscience. Republicanism and Protestantism became the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. The oppressed and downtrodden throughout Christendom have turned to this land with interest and hope. Millions have sought its shores, and the United States has risen to a place among the most powerful nations of the earth.

But the beast with lamblike horns "spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed; . . . saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." Revelation 13:11-14.

The lamblike horns and dragon voice of the symbol point to a striking contradiction between the professions and the practice of the nation thus represented. The "speaking" of the nation is the action of its legislative and judicial authorities. By such action it will give the lie to those liberal and peaceful principles which it has put forth as the foundation of its policy. The prediction that it will speak "as a dragon" and exercise "all the power of the first beast" plainly foretells a development of the spirit of intolerance and persecution that was manifested by the nations represented by the dragon and the leopardlike beast. And the statement that the beast with two horns "causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast" indicates that the authority of this nation is to be exercised in enforcing some observance which shall be an act of homage to the papacy.

Such action would be directly contrary to the principles of this government, to the genius of its free institutions, to the direct and solemn avowals of the Declaration of Independence, and to the Constitution. The founders of the nation wisely sought to guard against the employment of secular power on the part of the church, with its inevitable result--intolerance and persecution. The Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," and that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office of public trust under the United States." Only in flagrant violation of these safeguards to the nation's liberty, can any religious observance be enforced by civil authority. But the inconsistency of such action is no greater than is represented in the symbol. It is the beast with lamblike horns--in profession pure, gentle, and harmless--that speaks as a dragon.

"Saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast." Here is clearly presented a form of government in which the legislative power rests with the people, a most striking evidence that the United States is the nation denoted in the prophecy.

But what is the "image to the beast"? and how is it to be formed? The image is made by the two-horned beast, and is an image to the beast. It is also called an image of the beast. Then to learn what the image is like and how it is to be formed we must study the characteristics of the beast itself--the papacy.

When the early church became corrupted by departing from the simplicity of the gospel and accepting heathen rites and customs, she lost the Spirit and power of God; and in order to control the consciences of the people, she sought the support of the secular power. The result was the papacy, a church that controlled the power of the state and employed it to further her own ends, especially for the punishment of "heresy." In order for the United States to form an image of the beast, the religious power must so control the civil government that the authority of the state will also be employed by the church to accomplish her own ends.

Whenever the church has obtained secular power, she has employed it to punish dissent from her doctrines. Protestant churches that have followed in the steps of Rome by forming alliance with worldly powers have manifested a similar desire to restrict liberty of conscience. An example of this is given in the long-continued persecution of dissenters by the Church of England. During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, thousands of nonconformist ministers were forced to flee from their churches, and many, both of pastors and people, were subjected to fine, imprisonment, torture, and martyrdom.

It was apostasy that led the early church to seek the aid of the civil government, and this prepared the way for the development of the papacy--the beast. Said Paul: "There" shall "come a falling away, . . . and that man of sin be revealed." 2 Thessalonians 2:3. So apostasy in the church will prepare the way for the image to the beast.

The Bible declares that before the coming of the Lord there will exist a state of religious declension similar to that in the first centuries. "In the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." 2 Timothy 3:1-5. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1. Satan will work "with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness." And all that "received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved," will be left to accept "strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11. When this state of ungodliness shall be reached, the same results will follow as in the first centuries.

The wide diversity of belief in the Protestant churches is regarded by many as decisive proof that no effort to secure a forced uniformity can ever be made. But there has been for years, in churches of the Protestant faith, a strong and growing sentiment in favor of a union based upon common points of doctrine. To secure such a union, the discussion of subjects upon which all were not agreed--however important they might be from a Bible standpoint--must necessarily be waived.

Charles Beecher, in a sermon in the year 1846, declared that the ministry of "the evangelical Protestant denominations" is "not only formed all the way up under a tremendous pressure of merely human fear, but they live, and move, and breathe in a state of things radically corrupt, and appealing every hour to every baser element of their nature to hush up the truth, and bow the knee to the power of apostasy. Was not this the way things went with Rome? Are we not living her life over again? And what do we see just ahead? Another general council! A world's convention! Evangelical alliance, and universal creed!"--Sermon on "The Bible a Sufficient Creed," delivered at Fort Wayne, Indiana, Feb. 22, 1846. When this shall be gained, then, in the effort to secure complete uniformity, it will be only a step to the resort to force.

When the leading churches of the United States, uniting upon such points of doctrine as are held by them in common, shall influence the state to enforce their decrees and to sustain their institutions, then Protestant America will have formed an image of the Roman hierarchy, and the infliction of civil penalties upon dissenters will inevitably result.

The beast with two horns "causeth [commands] all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Revelation 13:16, 17. The third angel's warning is: "If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God." "The beast" mentioned in this message, whose worship is enforced by the two-horned beast, is the first, or leopardlike beast of Revelation 13--the papacy. The "image to the beast" represents that form of apostate Protestantism which will be developed when the Protestant churches shall seek the aid of the civil power for the enforcement of their dogmas. The "mark of the beast" still remains to be defined.

After the warning against the worship of the beast and his image the prophecy declares: "Here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Since those who keep God's commandments are thus placed in contrast with those that worship the beast and his image and receive his mark, it follows that the keeping of God's law, on the one hand, and its violation, on the other, will make the distinction between the worshipers of God and the worshipers of the beast.

The special characteristic of the beast, and therefore of his image, is the breaking of God's commandments. Says Daniel, of the little horn, the papacy: "He shall think to change times and the law." Daniel 7:25, R.V. And Paul styled the same power the "man of sin," who was to exalt himself above God. One prophecy is a complement of the other. Only by changing God's law could the papacy exalt itself above God; whoever should understandingly keep the law as thus changed would be giving supreme honor to that power by which the change was made. Such an act of obedience to papal laws would be a mark of allegiance to the pope in the place of God.

The papacy has attempted to change the law of God. The second commandment, forbidding image worship, has been dropped from the law, and the fourth commandment has been so changed as to authorize the observance of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. But papists urge, as a reason for omitting the second commandment, that it is unnecessary, being included in the first, and that they are giving the law exactly as God designed it to be understood. This cannot be the change foretold by the prophet. An intentional, deliberate change is presented: "He shall think to change the times and the law." The change in the fourth commandment exactly fulfills the prophecy. For this the only authority claimed is that of the church. Here the papal power openly sets itself above God.

While the worshipers of God will be especially distinguished by their regard for the fourth commandment,--since this is the sign of His creative power and the witness to His claim upon man's reverence and homage,--the worshipers of the beast will be distinguished by their efforts to tear down the Creator's memorial, to exalt the institution of Rome. It was in behalf of the Sunday that popery first asserted its arrogant claims (see Appendix); and its first resort to the power of the state was to compel the observance of Sunday as "the Lord's day." But the Bible points to the seventh day, and not to the first, as the Lord's day. Said Christ: "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath." The fourth commandment declares: "The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord." And by the prophet Isaiah the Lord designates it: "My holy day." Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13.

The claim so often put forth that Christ changed the Sabbath is disproved by His own words. In His Sermon on the Mount He said: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven," Matthew 5:17-19.

It is a fact generally admitted by Protestants that the Scriptures give no authority for the change of the Sabbath. This is plainly stated in publications issued by the American Tract Society and the American Sunday School Union. One of these works acknowledges "the complete silence of the New Testament so far as any explicit command for the Sabbath [Sunday, the first day of the week] or definite rules for its observance are concerned."--George Elliott, The Abiding Sabbath, page 184.

Another says: "Up to the time of Christ's death, no change had been made in the day;" and, "so far as the record shows, they [the apostles] did not . . . give any explicit command enjoining the abandonment of the seventh-day Sabbath, and its observance on the first day of the week."--A. E. Waffle, The Lord's Day, pages 186-188.

Roman Catholics acknowledge that the change of the Sabbath was made by their church, and declare that Protestants by observing the Sunday are recognizing her power. In the Catholic Catechism of Christian Religion, in answer to a question as to the day to be observed in obedience to the fourth commandment, this statement is made: "During the old law, Saturday was the day sanctified; but the church, instructed by Jesus Christ, and directed by the Spirit of God, has substituted Sunday for Saturday; so now we sanctify the first, not the seventh day. Sunday means, and now is, the day of the Lord."

As the sign of the authority of the Catholic Church, papist writers cite "the very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestants allow of; . . . because by keeping Sunday, they acknowledge the church's power to ordain feasts, and to command them under sin."--Henry Tuberville, An Abridgment of the Christian Doctrine, page 58. What then is the change of the Sabbath, but the sign, or mark, of the authority of the Roman Church--"the mark of the beast"?

The Roman Church has not relinquished her claim to supremacy; and when the world and the Protestant churches accept a sabbath of her creating, while they reject the Bible Sabbath, they virtually admit this assumption. They may claim the authority of tradition and of the Fathers for the change; but in so doing they ignore the very principle which separates them from Rome--that "the Bible, and the Bible only, is the religion of Protestants." The papist can see that they are deceiving themselves, willingly closing their eyes to the facts in the case. As the movement for Sunday enforcement gains favor, he rejoices, feeling assured that it will eventually bring the whole Protestant world under the banner of Rome.

Romanists declare that "the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] Church."--Mgr. Segur, Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, page 213. The enforcement of Sundaykeeping on the part of Protestant churches is an enforcement of the worship of the papacy--of the beast. Those who, understanding the claims of the fourth commandment, choose to observe the false instead of the true Sabbath are thereby paying homage to that power by which alone it is commanded. But in the very act of enforcing a religious duty by secular power, the churches would themselves form an image to the beast; hence the enforcement of Sundaykeeping in the United States would be an enforcement of the worship of the beast and his image.

But Christians of past generations observed the Sunday, supposing that in so doing they were keeping the Bible Sabbath; and there are now true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion, who honestly believe that Sunday is the Sabbath of divine appointment. God accepts their sincerity of purpose and their integrity before Him. But when Sunday observance shall be enforced by law, and the world shall be enlightened concerning the obligation of the true Sabbath, then whoever shall transgress the command of God, to obey a precept which has no higher authority than that of Rome, will thereby honor popery above God. He is paying homage to Rome and to the power which enforces the institution ordained by Rome. He is worshipping the beast and his image. As men then reject the institution which God has declared to be the sign of His authority, and honor in its stead that which Rome has chosen as the token of her supremacy, they will thereby accept the sign of allegiance to Rome--"the mark of the beast." And it is not until the issue is thus plainly set before the people, and they are brought to choose between the commandments of God and the commandments of men, that those who continue in transgression will receive "the mark of the beast."

The most fearful threatening ever addressed to mortals is contained in the third angel's message. That must be a terrible sin which calls down the wrath of God unmingled with mercy. Men are not to be left in darkness concerning this important matter; the warning against this sin is to be given to the world before the visitation of God's judgments, that all may know why they are to be inflicted, and have opportunity to escape them. Prophecy declares that the first angel would make his announcement to "every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." The warning of the third angel, which forms a part of the same threefold message, is to be no less widespread. It is represented in the prophecy as being proclaimed with a loud voice, by an angel flying in the midst of heaven; and it will command the attention of the world.

In the issue of the contest all Christendom will be divided into two great classes--those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and those who worship the beast and his image and receive his mark. Although church and state will unite their power to compel "all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond" (Revelation 13:16), to receive "the mark of the beast," yet the people of God will not receive it. The prophet of Patmos beholds "them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God" and singing the song of Moses and the Lamb. Revelation 15:2, 3."
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

The Ten Commandments Revisited Empty Re: The Ten Commandments Revisited

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am

Do you really not care to discuss the 'Law of God' or was it something I said? The concepts of God and Law are extremely important, regardless of how one defines and applies either. Disasters and sensationalism continue to be the big hits around here. This is probably one reason why the 'elites' manipulate the masses through terrorism, social unrest, financial collapse, contrived warfare, political scandals, etc, etc. Rational discussion and reasonable decision making just don't seem to cut it. If all of the bad guys and gals got kicked out of the solar system today and tomorrow, we'd still have a mess on our hands because of our rebellious irresponsibility, and I include myself in that scathing rebuke.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 pm

It's so long...I am having trouble focusing that long, however, I do have one thing to say. The part about Jealous God. What does that mean? Does it mean that there were others and who were they? The Roman gods, I presume?
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Regarding the Protestants following the change in the day of the Sabbath. It took away the power of combined prayer and split it between the jews and the church. It was thereby breaking the commandment. It changed everything. The Protestants should have switched back.

It may be that the mark of the beast is probably something different than the switched around sabbath. But that is an interesting theory, Orthodoxymoron. I think the mark of the beast is the mark on the foreheads with ashes. But, then, if that may be the correct reference, then what is the reference to the right hand?
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Thank-you Linda. I guess that's the trouble with a lot of the material I am attempting to deal with -- it takes a huge amount of time and effort to focus on something which might be of absolutely no value. I still think that those who are paid to monitor 'potential problems' are the only ones (and perhaps a few 'regressives') who really dig into what I've posted! I once spoke with someone who claimed to be 'Angry and Jealous'! They claimed to be an Ancient Egyptian Deity! They also claimed that I was somehow related to them! The Saturday and Sunday thing leaves me VERY conflicted. I grew up strictly observing the Seventh Day Sabbath (Saturday) from Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday. Then I tried to become Ecumenical, and I finally 'lost' my faith -- but I never stopped agonizing over politics, religion, and theology -- even though it seemed to make me progressively (regressively?) more miserable. My 'United States of the Solar System' thread is the sad conclusion to my agonizing misery. I would have no problem observing the Sabbath, the Old Testament health laws, and a Decalogue-Based Ethical-System -- especially in an isolated and unified situation (such as the Israelites experienced). Unfortunately, the modern world and the ancient world don't exactly harmonize, to say the least! Also, there is a helluva lot of highly questionable ethical material in the Old Testament. To me, it's a real mixed-bag. I tried the 'Robert H. Schuller' version of religion for a while -- where he 'accentuated the positive' and mostly avoided everything problematic. It was truly a 'New Religion' in the context of the 'Old Time Religion'. At that time, I attended church on BOTH Saturday and Sunday. I had my bases covered (just in case)! Saturday v Sunday seems to be a battle between lower-case 'd' deities. A lot of things in the Bible point to lower-case 'd' deities. But if one were a lower-case 'd' deity -- they might wish to represent themselves as being upper-case 'D' Deities -- for whatever reasons (benevolent or malevolent).

I'm too burned-out on this subject to continue. I said yesterday that I was going to stop posting. Let's just say that I'd like to see every day be considered to be a 'Sabbath Day' -- with ALL of life being considered Sacred -- and with Religious Services being offered Every Day of the Year. The Liturgical Year bothers me, as does Christmas and Easter. I am currently reading and re-reading the 1928 'Book of Common Prayer' as a Devotional Book -- straight through -- over and over -- without regard to particular 'special' or 'sacred' days. I recently joked about 'God' racing Formula One cars on Saturday and Sunday (instead of attending church) -- and then going to church Monday through Friday! I don't think anyone was laughing in 'Heaven'. This Sabbath matter might be very ancient and VERY serious. Unfortunately, the real facts of the matter remain a deep, dark secret. I once heard a Senior Catholic Priest tell his parishioners that Saturday was the Sabbath (in a somewhat roundabout and tactful manner)! He said it clearly and repeatedly. The Roman Catholic catechisms admit that the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday by the Authority of the Church. I keep wondering about my hypothetical Orion-Sirius-Egyptian-Roman Empire -- hypothetically administered in this solar system by a hypothetical Osiris-Isis-Horus-Set Reincarnating Royal Family. I suspect a Family Feud. Once again, it hurts too much to keep typing. I need to stop. God and the way God runs the Universe, is a HUGE part of properly understanding Solar System Governance -- especially regarding whether the United States of the Solar System has more than a snowball's chance in hell of being established, and of surviving for more than a generation. I've been told that 'in 20 years, you'll be working for us' and that, in essence, my bad-side would manifest itself. I don't wish to elaborate. The Mind, Character, Personality, Nature, and Government of God are HUGE ISSUES. We should take off our shoes -- because the ground upon which we are standing is HOLY GROUND. Please listen to this previously posted link, for a very balanced theological conversation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjkZ5WzBfc Note especially the material in the second hour.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm all set to listen to it now...and I will let you know what I think, O. Please know that your greatest guide is your own heart. It will not fail you. Linda
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank-you Linda. I don't trust anyone or anything, at this point. I endorse a careful and prayerful multidisciplinary study of life, the universe, and everything. I have been somewhat speculatively-intuitive on this web-site -- but I have merely defined areas of study -- and suggested possibilities. I attended A. Graham Maxwell's classes (along with a very famous Hollwood director's stepmother). I wish I had the brains and discipline of Dr. Maxwell. The subjects of 'The Nature of God', 'The Law of God', 'The Government of God', 'The Sovereignty of God', and 'Human Responsible Freedom' are highly important -- as are the general topics of Psychology and Ethics.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 am

I think ethics are extremely important -- but what is the ultimate ethical standard? Is there an absolute reptilian ethical standard? Is there an absolute human ethical standard? Is there a conflict between reptilian ethics and human ethics? Are humans expected to live by reptilian ethics? Is it impossible for interdimensional reptilian souls to keep the reptilian law of God -- while they live within male and female human bodies? Wasn't this an ancient accusation? Are human beings on trial regarding the keeping of God's Law? What really troubles me is that nobody will talk to me about anything important. It's all about the latest crisis, disaster, scandal, or prediction of doom and gloom. The governments of the world, solar system, galaxy, and universe are probably the most important subjects to contemplate. Is my theory of a Earth Human Island in a Reptilian Universe a valid hypothesis? What if we are an illegal race of beings, who are in major violation of the Law of God, which might've been in effect for trillions of years? Is the Universal Immune System attacking the Virus of Humanity? I think I might have to write a helluva lot of political and theological science-fiction in order to really deal with this subject in a proper manner. How else would one do it? This whole thing seems to be very secretive and creepy to me. I wish to do the right thing -- but doing the right thing seems to be somewhat illusive.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

are you on skype "o" ???
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:42 am

I don't do skype. Not yet anyway.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 am

What if a Sovereign God commanded that a highly refined version of the United States of the Solar System be implemented in this particular solar system -- and expected Absolute Obedience? Would this be a harmonization of 'Absolute Obedience to a Sovereign God' with 'Namaste-Constitutional Responsible-Freedom'? This continues to be VERY tricky territory for me -- because I don't know the true story of our past -- and I don't know the true state of affairs which exists presently. I suspect that it's REALLY bad -- but I don't know the details. When the previously mentioned Ancient Egyptian Deity told me that I was lucky to be alive -- I tended to believe that. In retrospect, I'm not sure if they were referring to the human race, or to me personally. One more time -- I feel as if I am in conflict with Myself, Humanity, and Divinity -- and it doesn't feel good, believe me. I think this thing is a REALLY big mess. I'm thinking of continuing my little fantasy book project -- but I doubt that it will ever be published. It will probably just be my little secret. So really, at this point, it's probably going to get a helluva lot more interesting! You Spying Dragons should cover your eyes! I've heard about you -- and I'm sorry if any of you were harmed. You know what I'm talking about. I will continue to defend Male and Female Human Physicality combined with Responsible Freedom -- unless I am presented with overwhelming evidence and logic regarding why this should NOT be pursued any further. I'm usually a reasonable man -- at least in this incarnation. I continue to be VERY worried about previous incarnations -- especially if there is no Galactic Statute of Limitations. For all I know, I could've been Adolph Hitler -- or at least someone closely involved with this notorious historical figure. On the other hand, what if there is an idealistic aspect of Germany in the 1930's which is not presented to the general public? I continue to be puzzled by the contrast of the 30's with the 40's. I can sort of see the point of the 30's -- but the 40's are completely sinister, dark, and insane. Also, the Post WWII Underground Nazi Phenomenon seems to be very sinister, dark, and insane.

My point is, I don't think we know the whole story at all -- and if we did know it -- all hell would probably break loose throughout the world. Just a guess. Once again, I'm thinking that the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth -- About Life, the Universe, and Everything -- Is Very Sinister, Dark, and Insane. It's probably more than anyone can handle. Probably everyone would go completely insane if they learned the truth all at once -- and I wish I were kidding. A controlled-release of esoteric information is probably a good thing. I simply wish for things to be better -- and I am responsibly open-minded regarding how this might be facilitated. But really, someone needs to start talking to me. In the meantime, perhaps I should continue reading 'The Holy Tablets'. I had to stop a while back. It was too disorienting for me. Plus, I had no idea whether any of it was true or not. I presently consider it to be one more Clue-Collection -- and nothing more. But who knows? The Shadow Knows! The Shadow Government Knows! Unfortunately, they never invite me to their secret meetings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iui88t-Cy6E&feature=related Just to be clear, a lot of the secret stuff seems really cool -- yet I keep sensing and seeing evil lurking in the shadows. A thousand really, really bright and ethical people -- meeting openly, yet secretly -- regarding solar system governance -- might be ideal. The 10,000 representative United States of the Solar System might be ideal. A combination of the two might be ideal. How would one properly guide and referee such an experiment? Things could get out of control -- very, very quickly -- with devastating consequences. I remain conflicted regarding the proper roles of openness and secrecy. Both can be beneficial -- and both can be problematic. It sort of depends on who is running the show -- and who they have working with them. I wonder what Vladamir Putin would be like to work with? He seems really tough, smart, and straightforward. He seems to be intolerant of stupidity -- which is probably a good thing. His KGB background is probably a mixed-bag -- if you know what I mean...

I think there are good and bad people in all factions and in all locations. I have many fond memories of walking throughout a particular CBS location, meeting very 'cool' people, and even swimming in a celebrity swimming-pool at their mansion. I thought nothing of it at the time. That was a long time ago. It almost seems like another life. Perhaps I've already been soul-scalped -- or some damn thing. Anyway, I would be very wary of 'progress' and 'breakthroughs'. There are always groups behind the groups. I got that one from 'Nikita'. Factions have Factions. Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust. I really am cracking up. Things are so bad that I'm on the verge of cracking-down. It's going to take a helluva lot to convince me that 'the major problems have been solved ' and that 'everything will be fine'. I think I'll be sweating and shaking in front of a computer-monitor for the rest of my lives -- and I wish I were kidding. Some of the pictures (near the bottom of this post) reminded me of when I toured a North American Rockwell facility -- and went aboard a mockup of the Space Shuttle. That was cool! Sometimes I just want to forget the crazy internet stuff -- and just read the 'Federalist Papers', 'The Desire of Ages' (but no other E.G.W. books -- and not attend the S.D.A. church), the 1928 'Book of Common Prayer' (but not attend Episcopal or Anglican services) -- while listening to the Complete Works of J.S. Bach -- imagining a United States of the Solar System based in England -- with only the best aspects of the Monarchy, the Papacy, the United States, and the Orion-Sirius-Egyptian-Roman Empire Backed Reincarnating Osiris-Isis-Horus-Set Royal Family. That would be quite enough to keep me busy -- wouldn't you say??? Care to join me??? I didn't think so. BTW -- I keep thinking about 'The Changeling' in connection with all of this. Might this be related to 'Rule by Secrecy' and 'The Biggest Secret'? OK guys. I get the point. You saw what I typed. Pass it on to the appropriate people (and other than people). Then perhaps 'my people' can meet with your 'other than people' -- and we can cut a deal. Now I'm going for a walk.

Here is another TREEE video. I think I might've met TREEE -- but not in this form. I know -- I'm crazy. Notice 'helenwhite666'. For a 'meth-head' TREEE knows a helluva lot. Does anyone know what 'TREEE' is presently doing? I'm afraid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOVin9pz3Q8&feature=related Here's TREEE in a slightly different form. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PUPD0yE_YE&feature=related I think I might've seen TREEE in both male and female 'Dogma' forms. The shapeshifting and/or soul-transference was sort of cool -- as was some telekinesis -- but I don't do supernatural magic tricks. I'm not that kind of guy. Here's another video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=LCmQBA6bzdk One TREEE -- Many Branches? Damned if I know -- but appearances can be deceptive. I don't want things to be creepy. Why do things have to be creepy? I simply desire a Perfected Humanity -- Living in a Perfected Solar System. I don't wish to be isolationist, in relation to the rest of the universe -- but first we need to take care of business in this solar system -- and then deal fairly and rationally with all beings, races, and civilizations -- throughout the universe. I'd really prefer that all of this be as boring and uneventful as possible. "Save the Drama for Your Mamma".

Cleaning this world up might be a lot like playing Whack-a-Mole. You whack one problem -- and another one pops up. I sometimes wonder if this Experiment in Male and Female Human Physicality Combined with Responsible Freedom -- will be allowed to continue with only the Most Responsible Souls. Perhaps most souls will end-up back as Hermaphrodite Reptilians in Absolute Obedience to a Reptilian Queen. Just speculation -- and mind you -- I don't think such a physical and political system is necessarily wrong in all cases. Perhaps that's what works best for most souls throughout the universe. I don't know. Perhaps only a few souls are responsibly ready for the stress and strain of life as we know it, here on this Purgatory Planet called "Earth". Perhaps this experiment is about to enter upon a Legitimate and Authorized "Phase II". I keep feeling as though "Phase I" has been somewhat renegade and contentious. More speculation. In any case, I don't think we're going to have to wait long to find out. I'm afraid. I really am. I'm just speculating about a lot of things -- including the alleged 'Reptilian and Grey' phenomenon. I remain 'open' to everyone and everything -- but I Trust No One -- not even God. My current theory is that most or all humanoid beings possess the same kind of soul. I am uncertain regarding the nature of said soul -- but I'm leaning toward the theory that all humanoid souls are some sort of reptilian soul. I have no idea if this is really the case -- but I am attempting to think way outside of the box -- in an attempt to consider ALL possibilities regarding the most important subjects imaginable. Unfortunately, you don't make many friends doing things this way. I continue to hear horror stories concerning humans, reptilians, and greys. I think this universe might be quite the nasty place. I once read a book titled 'The Friendly Stars'. The stars might be friendly, but the beings who live on the planets which orbit these friendly stars might be just the opposite of friendly (especially toward human beings). If human beings are a Recent Subset of an Ancient Reptilian Race -- the hostility might be understandable and even expected. Perhaps a Peaceful Segregation is the best that can be expected for the next few million years. Universe Administration might have Everything to do with Solar System Administration. My proposed United States of the Solar System might be anathema and damnable heresy of a most pestilential nature -- to a Universal Theocratic Church -- which might be Predominantly Reptilian in nature. Just more speculation, mind you. This thread contains a very high level of speculation and science-fiction -- so don't take it too seriously. On the other hand -- I really am afraid -- and perhaps for good reason -- or should I say 'for bad reason'.

I might be more sinful and irresponsible than I think. Mea Culpa. Kyrie Eleison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD614SYKAgQ&feature=related What if the 'Standard Mass' were the 'Bach B-Minor Mass'? The combination of the Mass (especially if it is interpreted as a remembrance, rather than an ongoing unbloody human sacrifice), J.S. Bach, and Notre Dame de Paris -- complete with orchestra and choir -- is really cool. Perhaps the clergy and congregation might all be part of the choir -- with the clergy serving as the soloists! That would get most of the present clergy fired -- wouldn't you say??!! Might this constitute the 'Modified Latin Mass' I referred to early on in my '9.5 Theses'? What would the Vatican, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Adventists, Orthodox, and Rabbis say? How might this fly in Russia, China, and India? I love cathedrals -- but I keep hearing horror stories about human sacrifices occurring behind locked cathedral doors, and in cathedral basements. We Need to Get to the Bottom and Top of What the Hell is Going On Regarding HUMAN SACRIFICE!!! I Want All Human Sacrifices to Cease Immediately and Permanently!!! And that includes Bohemian Grove. Understood???

Why don't we have a Visible God with a Simple and Straightforward Bible -- containing absolutely no BS or contradictions? Why are we seemingly ruled by secrecy? Has anyone read 'The Gods of Eden' by William Bramley, 'Rule by Secrecy' by Jim Marrs, and 'The Great Controversy' by Ellen White? Dealing with theology in a deep and penetrating manner is like walking through quicksand, swimming with Piranha, playing with burning magnesium, etc, etc, etc. Sure, the preachers lie to their congregations -- but what the hell are they supposed to do? If they tell the truth -- all hell breaks loose -- and they end up with a split church and no job. That's fine if you don't mind scrubbing toilets -- and I'm not joking. You see what I've been reduced to within this website. I really just have to talk to myself in fantasyland -- except that what I'm dealing with is Deadly Serious -- yet very, very few wish to talk to me. I've gotten a significant amount of hostility and condescension during my internet adventures. I no longer post on YouTube. I just post here in the Mists -- and I've promised 'No Surprises'. I've been speculating about a hypothetical Earth-Human Island in a Universal Reptilian Theocracy -- wherein Male and Female Human Physicality and Responsible Freedom are considered to be heresy. Are the Ten Commandments the Law of God in a Universal Reptilian Theocracy? If so, is it easier for Reptilians to obey the Law of God, than it is for Earth Human Beings? I keep sensing a God the Father v God the Son -- Reptilian v Human Galactic Jihad -- with the Queen of Heaven and the God of This World taking advantage of the situation. I am VERY, VERY sorry if I have this wrong. Remember, my tripe is mostly speculative science fiction -- which I only post on this little forum, where I am mostly ignored. I have done some role-playing regarding major and minor deities -- and it has scared the hell out of me. I'm not crazy -- but it's probably a miracle that I'm not in a mental institution by now. I'm half-joking and half-serious when I speak of the insanity thing. I think the true theological realities are rather deep, disorienting, and upsetting. I think this is why a lot of people become atheists. They simply do not, or cannot, deal with the madness. It's easier to live in denial. That's why Egyptians are so happy -- because they Live in de Nile.

I don't wish to hate anyone or any race -- ever. However, I'm presently upset with just about everything and everyone -- including myself. I wonder if 'God' (One who bodily appears to everyone) would have to change bodies when entering and leaving this solar system -- and completely change their approach, demeanor, and attitude when arriving and departing 'our' solar system? Once again, should this solar system be completely human -- at least regarding 'permanent residents'? Might there be some sort of a 'student exchange program' between this solar system and other solar systems? What about a 'galactic work-study program'? One more thing. What if there were a simple 5% Solar System Consumption Tax to support the United States of the Solar System? What if there were a 50% income tax for annual incomes exceeding One Million U.S. Dollars -- which would go directly to randomly selected worthy charities? Perhaps this is going too far. I don't know. I simply wish to eliminate destitute-poverty and the non-compassionate use of accumulated wealth. Is this unreasonable and irresponsible? I'm sensing that just about everyone has written me off, shut me out, and given me the kiss of death. I'm sensing absolutely no support whatsoever. This venture is not going well at all. What the hell do you want from me? People I see every day, seem to be very happy without considering any of this save the world stuff. They're laughing and screwing each other like rabbits -- while I grapple with some very dark subjects -- and sleep by myself. I'm getting really sick and tired of this. There is absolutely no reward for doing any of this. Just the opposite. The more I post -- the more I feel the universe despising me and wishing I were eternally dead. Perhaps all of you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately, I don't expect death to be a sweet release. Just the opposite.

Here is a refinement of something I previously posted. Consider reading 'The Federalist Papers', the 1928 'Book of Common Prayer', and 'The Desire of Ages' over and over and over again -- while listening to the Bach 'B-Minor Mass'. That's what I intend to do. I'm pretty much through trying to problem solve -- with no response or conversation. Do you really want war? I bring peace, rather than a sword -- but I have a feeling, that on a reincarnational basis -- I am one mean sonofabitch who you do NOT want to mess with. Perhaps I should start studying international banking, weapons systems, the art of kicking
    @$$, etc, etc, etc. Is THAT what you want? If it is, I suspect that I can serve it to you in heaping portions. Do you feel lucky? Go ahead -- make my day. Perhaps everyone has had their chance -- and it's time to wrap things up. How many lifetimes do we need to get it right? Would we get it right with an infinite number of lifetimes? Would we ever learn? Most of us behave as if we haven't learned a fracking thing. Unfortunately, the Fracking Dracs don't seem to be helping matters much. Frankly, the whole fracking universe seems to be a fracking mess. I wish I could set everything straight -- but I seem to lack even the most simple self-governance skills. We are so screwed. But please -- show me my errors within this thread -- so I can correct them. Am I vibrating too slowly? Do you want some sugary Pleiadian talk, or positive affirmations? Do you desire a higher-critical theological discourse? The latest scandal? The latest doom and gloom? Porn? What the hell do you really want? Tell me what you want -- what you really, really want! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoaiWe-SNsM I made a completely ignorant fool out of myself at a 'Spice Girls' concert. It's all their fault. Blame them -- especially 'Space-Spice'.

Carol wrote:It is my opinion that anyone who participates in satanic rituals, the sexual abuse of children and human sacrifice is evil. I may be missing a few atrocities but these are the highlights.
    It's the creepy and violent aspects of the PTB which especially trouble me -- but I don't object to having wise and powerful 'advisors' lurking in the shadows -- and speaking when spoken to. The seemingly 'Infant' Human Race seems to be on some sort of a 'Galactic Hit-List' -- and the Illuminati and Other Elites seem to be assisting the Galactic PTB in carrying out the 'Hit'. I so hope that I'm wrong. I so want everything to be loving and happy -- but I'm not holding my breath -- waiting for Hell to freeze over. I don't recommend the mental-modeling I engage in. I don't proselytize. I don't even try to make a fast buck (although I probably should). This is just more Political and Theological Science-Fiction -- which I try to make as reality-based as possible -- yet I offer abundant disclaimers and no guarantees. But really, contemplate the possibility of an Ancient Universe with an Ancient Race of Non-Human Beings -- with Ancient Traditions. Then, imagine a smart and ambitious Reptilian Queen who tries to 'improve' things -- Genetically and Governmentally -- and starts a Huge Galactic Holy War. Is this any more farfetched than most of the theories and theologies? Believe it or not, I am attempting to make Christianity work. I am attempting to defend Christianity in a VERY unorthodox manner. I couldn't do this sort of thing as a clergyperson or professor of theology. At one point, I thought I wanted to be a televangelist -- but I'm glad I didn't go down that road -- although I think it would've been a blast.

I'm increasingly thinking of the 'Illuminati and Other Elites' as being 'Corrupted Errand Boys and Girls in the Middle of a Nasty Galactic Civil War'. They might ultimately answer to one or more very powerful Reptilian Queen(s). I have no idea what the real deal is regarding Solar System Governance, but I've been poking and prodding for at least a couple of years now -- with very mixed results. I'm in a rut right now, and I'm trying to move in a completely different direction -- so this post might be my last for a while. I've said that dozens of times. But I'm going to try harder than ever to stop. Will this be good or bad for the Illuminati? Perhaps they are breathing a collective sigh of relief!! As I try once more to say goodbye (at least for a while) -- I wish to restate my desire to achieve peaceful and ethical results. Regardless of the nature of our predicament -- I do NOT desire torture and extermination of any sort, and I especially do NOT desire the torture and extermination of the soul -- regardless of the realities of soul and physicality. I desire a peaceful and ethical world, solar system, galaxy, and universe -- but I am NOT a peace at any price type of person. I keep sensing an Impending Final Solution (complete with enslavement, torture, and extermination). I obviously think the world is in an abominable state. Things have seemingly been in a reprehensible condition for aeons. I continue to be a combination of Incurable Optimism and Unyielding Despair. My plans for the coming months are to simply research, write, and practice what I've been preaching. Once again, a lot of you know where I live and work. Some of you even know my phone-number. I'd be happy to talk -- anytime and anywhere -- 24/7 -- but I'm going to try to give it a rest within the 'Mists of Avalon'.

What if Lilith was a Reptilian Queen aka Archangel (Michael?) who was responsible for the 'creation' or 'genetic-engineering' of Male and Female Human Beings (with Interdimensional Reptilian Souls) aka 'Adam and Eve' -- and offered them Responsible Freedom rather than Absolute Obedience? What if 33.33% of the Interdimensional Reptilians aka Angels chose to leave their Hermaphrodite Reptilian Physicality and enter Male and Female Human Physicality? What if this was the 'Fall', the 'Original and Unpardonable Sin' -- and the cause of the 'War in Heaven'? What if the soul of Lilith later reincarnated as various key historical figures -- both male and female? What if two rival Archangels remained in Hermaphrodite Reptilian physicality -- and have been fighting against Humanity for a very long time? What if the Quest of the Historical Jesus leads all the way back to Lilith? What if Michael = Second in Command = Lilith = Enki = Lucifer = Hathor = Isis = Queen of Heaven = King David = Various Pharaohs = Jesus = Michelangelo = ???? (among others)? Don't crucify me for suggesting this. As you know, I am freely sharing my speculations with anyone who might be interested. I don't spread this sort of thing anywhere beyond this website. I'm toying with the concept of Three Key Reptilian Queens from Orion and/or Sirius -- fighting for power in this solar system -- and possibly beyond. I have absolutely no idea if this is true -- and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone or any belief system. I'm more conservative and more liberal than you can imagine. I haven't been in a mad rush to discover the truth. I could go about this quest in a much more efficient manner. I have chosen to go slow and informal -- for who knows what reasons. I know not what I do.

I have not, and will not, reject God -- but I will continue to ask hard questions. To not do so would be highly irresponsible in my view. Once again, I am NOT shaking my fist at God -- but I am shaking. What if we are really dealing with a monumental galactic power-struggle to control the Universal Church Theocracy? What if the Roman Catholic Church is the Local Branch of this hypothetical Universal Church Theocracy? What if the RCC is a punishing and controlling version of a very positive church-state model? We need to be VERY careful to NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater. As I poke and prod -- I continue to contemplate working with Idealized and Reformed versions of the Monarchy, Papacy, Illuminati, Nazis, Masons, Jesuits, et al. That might not be PC, but I don't really care. I'm trying to inch my way back to the 'safety' of the tree-trunk after being out on a very high and very thin limb for way too long. Some of my trials and tribulations have undoubtedly been self-generated tempests in teapots -- yet there seems to have been a very real and very frightening component to my struggle -- and this crisis (real or imagined) is ongoing. I think I'm going to watch a lot of BBC news -- just to attempt to reenter the 'real-world' -- instead of imagining that I'm in the middle of some sort of Galactic Final Jihad. I'm sorry for causing anyone any difficulties with my research and reasoning (or lack thereof). The problems I have encountered relative to how things really work in this neck of the woods have been truly disorienting, disillusioning, traumatizing, and humbling. I better understand how little I really understand. Thank-you for your patience with me as I neurotically pursued my solar system crusade to save us all from the infidels.

I knew someone who worked for one of the networks (but I won't say which one), and they sometimes jokingly referred to the particular location they worked in as 'The Snake-Pit'. And mind you, this was long before Alex Collier, David Icke, et al. I wonder if this were simply a figure of speech, or whether they knew decades ago what some of us seem to be discovering presently? As you know, my latest theory is that humanity is a recent (and possibly illegal) subset of an ancient reptilian race -- living on a Prison Planet in Rebellion. I have further speculated that humanity is animated by the same type of soul as are the hypothetical reptilian humanoid beings. In a sense, I'm OK dealing with other lifeforms throughout the universe -- but in another sense, I strongly object to what seems to be human-abuse within this particular solar system. It often seems as if we are being punished, taxed, and controlled by an other than human (and not of this world) civilization -- which seems to not like us one little bit. I'm hoping for an improved state of affairs in the near future. My self-important 'United States of the Solar System' thread has been my feeble attempt to achieve better results for all concerned. Unfortunately, without being on the inside, it's impossible for me to know what's really going on -- so I have decided to back-off, and mostly just watch the world through the eyes of those in countries outside of the United States, most notably England -- as I attempt to regain my sanity. I'm frankly intending to spend a lot of time watching the BBC News -- even though I live in the United States. All Roads Lead to Rome -- but Critical Nerve Center(s) might very well reside somewhere within England, the Moon, Sirius, and Orion. I need to stop. I'm trying to put the brakes on my speculation and posting. I've said way too much already. Namaste and Godspeed.

Freedom is the Fruit of Responsibility -- But It Must Never Be the Root. -- orthodoxymoron

Beware of the Medical-Space-Military Technocratic-Corporate-Theocracy. -- orthodoxymoron

Perhaps the Top One-Percent Should Reincarnate as the Bottom One-Percent. -- orthodoxymoron

Freedom as the Absolute Standard is a Mistake. Responsibility as the Absolute Standard is the Truth That Sets Us Free. -- orthodoxymoron

The Ten Commandments Revisited Home2The Ten Commandments Revisited 1615qg2The Ten Commandments Revisited 12_01The Ten Commandments Revisited 2560-x-1600_11The Ten Commandments Revisited 1268505087_00-14-31The Ten Commandments Revisited The_Orion_Conspiracy01492314-20-34The Ten Commandments Revisited The_Orion_Conspiracy01747814-21-00The Ten Commandments Revisited 2560-x-1600_1The Ten Commandments Revisited 13_19
    The Ten Commandments Revisited Personnel
    Orthodoxymoron Reflects Upon Life, the Universe, and Everything. "Where Are All the Stars?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92D15qtI_Gk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LOOKssMpA

Yesterday I died; tomorrow's bleeding
    Fall into your sunlight
    The future's open wide beyond believing
    To know why hope dies
    And losing what was found, a world so hollow
    Suspended in a compromise
    But the silence of this sound is soon to follow
    Somehow sundown
    And finding answers
    Is forgetting all of the questions we call home
    Passing the graves of the unknown

As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
    Illusions of the sunlight
    A reflection of a lie will keep me waiting
    With love gone for so long
    And this day's ending
    Is the proof of time killing all the faith I know
    Knowing that faith is all I hold

And I've lost who I am, (i'm waiting)
    and I can't understand (and fading)
    Why my heart is so broken, (and holding)
    rejecting your love, (love) without, (onto these tears)
    love gone wrong; lifeless words carry on (i am crying)
    But I know, all I know's that the end's beginning (i'm dying tonight)
    who I am from the start, (i'm waiting)
    take me home to my heart (and fading)
    Let me go and I will run, (and holding)
    I will not be silent, (silent) all this time (onto these tears)
    spent in vain; wasted years wasted gain (i am crying)
    All is lost but hope remains and this war's not over (i'm dying tonight)
    There's a light, there's a sun (i'm waiting...)
    taking all these shattered ones
    To the place we belong (i am waiting...)
    and his love will conquer all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMEjLJ4akw&feature=related

I've got to walk away while there's still hope
    Learn to erase the love I know
    And let you go
    'Cause what I thought was love was only lies
    Taking what you want, left me behind
    As my heart dies

So here we are again
    Knowing this will never end
    So I must let go

This is my last goodbye
    Leaving all the memories of you behind
    I will not wait here
    And waste my whole life
    Waste my whole life

I can see you now with opened eyes
    When you come around I realize
    That I don't need you to survive

I will not begin
    The fight that we could never end
    So I am letting go

This is my last goodbye
    I will not wait here
    And waste my whole life
    Waste my whole life...

My passion, my poison
    The life and death of me
    I can't take you taking everything
    From a love never meant to be

This is my last goodbye
    I will not wait here
    And waste my whole life

This is my last goodbye
    This will be my final tear for love to die
    I will not wait here
    And waste my whole life
    With my last goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-i1ESIRKdA

The Ten Commandments Revisited Vissicitudes

1. Orthodoxymoron http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t833-orthodoxymoron
    2. Project Isis http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1303-project-isis
    3. Saint Ouen and Saint Sulpice http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1397-saint-ouen-and-saint-sulpice
    4. 16 Tycoons Agree to Give Away Fortunes http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1459-16-tycoons-agree-to-give-away-fortunes
    5. Bill Cooper, Commander X, and Branton http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1098-bill-cooper-commander-x-and-branton
    6. Orthodoxymoron Threads http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t876-orthodoxymoron-threads
    7. Amen Ra, et al http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1116-amen-ra-et-al
    8. Lucifer, Pagan Rome, Alexander the Great, Constantine the Great, and Papal Rome http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1572-lucifer-pagan-rome-alexander-the-great-constantine-the-great-and-papal-rome
    9. The United Nations and the City States http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1538-the-united-nations-and-the-city-states
    10. Ancient Technology http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1637-ancient-technology
    11. What is Gizeh Intelligence? http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1348-what-is-gizeh-intelligence
    12. Grace Cathedral http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1327-grace-cathedral
    13. Moral Responsibility http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2806-moral-responsibility
    14. The KGB Psychic Files http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2622-the-kgb-psychic-files
    15. Swiss Politicians to March on Bilderberg to Demand Resignation of Kissinger http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2705-swiss-politicians-to-march-on-bilderberg-to-demand-arrest-of-kissinger
    16. The War on Democracy http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2895-the-war-on-democracy
    17. No End in Sight http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2896-no-end-in-sight
    18. The New Rulers of the World http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2923-the-new-rulers-of-the-world
    19. The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling! http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2808-the-sky-is-falling-the-sky-is-falling
    20. Strange and Interesting Videos http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3008-strange-and-interesting-videos
    21. Battlestar Phobos? http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2991-battlestar-phobos
    22. Old World Order v New World Order http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3123-old-world-order-v-new-world-order
    23. Resurrecting the Dead Sea Scrolls http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3003-resurrecting-the-dead-sea-scrolls
    24. Holy Cannibalism http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3010-holy-cannibalism
    25. The History of Orthodox Christianity http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2971-the-history-of-orthodox-christianity
    26. Very Interesting Jordan Maxwell Interview http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2531-very-interesting-jordan-maxwell-interview
    27. How Should We Then Live? http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2717-how-should-we-then-live
    28. Banned From the Bible http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2836-banned-from-the-bible
    29. The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3164-the-hidden-faith-of-the-founding-fathers
    30. Eric Jon Phelps http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2779-eric-jon-phelps
    31. Pharaohs, Emperors, and Popes http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3112-pharaohs-emperors-and-popes
    32. Death and Taxes http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1158-death-and-taxes
    33. Namaste Constitutional Responsible Freedom Solar System http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t918-namaste-constitutional-responsible-freedom-solar-system
    34. The Jesuits http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1407-the-jesuits
    35. Teutonic Zionism http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3047-teutonic-zionism
    36. Trans-Humanism and Genetic-Manipulation http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3161-trans-humanism-and-genetic-manipulation
    37. Fame, Fortune, Power, Pleasure, and Appearances http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3250-fame-fortune-power-pleasure-and-appearances
    38. Complexity, Technology, Competition, Greed, Power-Hunger, Self-Exaltation, and the Quickening http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1033-complexity-technology-competition-greed-power-hunger-self-exaltation-and-the-quickening
    39. The Roman Empire Rules Today http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3229-the-roman-empire-rules-today
    40. The University of Solar System Studies and Governance http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2881-the-university-of-solar-system-studies-and-governance
    41. The Hidden Story of Jesus http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2618-the-hidden-story-of-jesus
    42. Basiago and Stillings Confirm Barack Obama Traveled to Mars http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3428-basiago-and-stillings-confirm-barack-obama-traveled-to-mars
    43. Healthcare in Critical Condition http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2888-healthcare-in-critical-condition
    44. Osiris-Isis-Horus-Set and the Orion-Sirius-Egyptian-Roman Empire http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3309-osiris-isis-horus-set-and-the-orion-sirius-egyptian-roman-empire#57214
    45. War Games: The Dead Code http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3322-war-games-the-dead-code
    46. Tibet, Kali, and the Trinity Goddess http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1019-tibet-kali-and-the-trinity-goddess
    47. Ring of Power http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2921-ring-of-power
    48. New Mass Translation Changes http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3557-new-mass-translation-changes
    49. The Holy Tablets http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2867-the-holy-tablets
    50. Minimalist Tradtionalist Spirituality http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3539-minimalist-traditionalist-spirituality
    51. The Church of England and the City of London http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3219-the-church-of-england-and-the-city-of-london
    52. Three Interesting Ladies http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1347-three-interesting-ladies
    53. Reptilian Queens http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2639-reptilian-queens
    54. My Cure for Complacency http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3653-my-cure-for-complacency
    55. Red Letter Church http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1040-red-letter-church
    56. Who is Lucifer? What Are They Doing? http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t841-who-is-lucifer-what-are-they-doing
    57. Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the U.S. Constitution http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4093-ruth-bader-ginsburg-and-the-us-constitution
    58. Essential Minimalist-Traditionalist Theology http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4173-essential-minimalist-traditionalist-theology
    59. The United States of the Solar System http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3240-the-united-states-of-the-solar-system
    60. The Ten Commandments Revisited http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t3575-the-ten-commandments-revisited
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

I have come to the conclusion that I am finished -- and that I will be very harshly punished for attempting to make things better for everyone -- everywhere. The creation of Male and Female Human Physicality was probably heresy and rebellion in this universe. Freedom (even Responsible Freedom) is probably heresy and rebellion in this universe. I have never felt more helpless and desperate than I feel presently. Ethics seem to be of no consequence in this universe. Absolute Obedience seems to be EVERYTHING in this universe. I hope everyone is happy with what's coming -- and I hope someone remembers me -- because I don't think I'll be part of what's coming -- whether I wish to be, or not. I think my fate is sealed -- and that it's not a good one. But none of you seem to give a damn about any of this.

I have observed (even in myself) that the Creation v Evolution debate is often Closed-Minded Pseudo-Intellectual Trench-Warfare -- rather than being Eclectic, Open-Minded, and Multi-Disciplinary. What if Darwin's Theory mostly applies to that which preceded the Human Being? What if most everything evolved over billions of years -- and that a product of this ancient evolutionary process (some form of humanoid) created the Human Being -- and that this creation (or genetic engineering) might've been an Illegal Innovation? Think about it.

Imagine a Pre-Human Reptilian-Theocracy led by a Reptilian-Queen who expected Absolute-Obedience. This Hypothetical-Queen might've been the Benchmark of Everything. The 'Law of God' might've been every word that proceedeth out of the 'Mouth of God'. There might've been no Written 'Word of God'. There might've been no Constitution and Bill of Rights. There might've been no Governmental Body of any sort. Everything might've revolved around this Hypothetical Reptilian-Queen. Perhaps this state of affairs existed for millions, or even billions, of years. But what if an ambitious and clever underling decided to create the Human-Race and Responsible-Freedom -- clearly in defiance of the Reigning Queen? That would mean war, wouldn't it? War in Heaven, perhaps? What if the Humans eventually lost the war? What if the Humans have been punished, tortured, enslaved, taxed, lied-to, etc, etc, etc -- for tens of thousands of years -- by the Hypothetical Reptilian Empire -- to send a clear message to the entire universe -- to never, ever attempt anything similar to the Human-Rebellion? Is Humanity on the Verge of Extermination? Will Humanity revert to a Reptilian Theocracy? Status Quo Ante Bellum? Think about it.

Some of you need to think very, very deeply about an Ancient One-Race, One-Religion, One-Government, One-God Theocratic Universe -- AND the Advent of Someone With a Better Idea -- who Created a New-Race, New-Religion, New-Governmnet, Poly-Theistic Solar System -- and the Reaction of the Galactic Powers That Be. I'm very, very, very , very serious about this. The problems connected with all of this are UNIMAGINABLE -- from the Innovation and the Status-Quo points of view. I will elaborate later -- but I am so upset, I can hardly type. Once again, are we about to experience 'Status Quo Ante Bellum'? Think about it.

The following is highly speculative, and mostly off the top of my head (or something like that):

IHS = Isis, Horus, Set?
    Isis = Lilith = Michael = Lucifer = Enki = Original 'Queen of Heaven'?
    Osiris = Horus = Adam = Enlil = God the Father = God of This World?
    Set = Eve = Gabriel = Marduk = Ra = Replacement 'Queen of Heaven'?
    We Three Reptilian Queens from Orion Are?
    Damned If I Know. Damned If I Don't Know. Damned If I Do. Damned If I Don't. Damn.

You just keep ignoring me, and writing me off -- AT YOUR OWN PERIL. Some of you are guilty of GROSS NEGLIGENCE. YOU KNOW BETTER -- YET YOU DO NOTHING AND SAY NOTHING.

The Ten Commandments Revisited Sjff_01_img0077
    The Sovereign Reptilian Queen of the Air aka Lilith
    in a Tibetan Underground Base with Her New Creation.
    Just Wait Until Enlil Finds Out About This!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQ73mMltT4&feature=related
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 am

I think my fate is sealed -- and that it's not a good one. But none of you seem to give a damn about any of this.

Hi

Well if you want your fate to be sealed i think thats possible...in fact i believe it to be prophecy!!!

As far as your fate being good or bad that is not up to me!

And i do give a damn but i don't have the all answers to you many questions!

Anyway...as i said before i do hope you find the truth that you seek :)

Peace JT!
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Which prophecy is that, Jester? The attitudes of just about everyone lead me to believe that goodness, reason, and responsibility are punished in this universe. I think I might've tried to change this modus operandi, and I think I might pay dearly and finally for doing so -- and I frankly doubt that anyone will REALLY give a damn for more than five-minutes -- before stepping on my cold carcass -- and moving on to bigger and better things -- in a universe without orthodoxymoron and without compassion. "Ding Dong! The Ding Dong's Gone!" Right??? No further questions??? I hope you all find that which you seek. But for now -- I have more questions. Just because I ask questions, doesn't mean I haven't found the truth. Just try to answer a few of my many questions. Give it your best shot!

Do the 'Ten Commandments' apply equally to ALL beings in the universe -- including God? Do they apply only to Earth Humans? Do they apply equally to yesterday, today, and forever? What would the world be like if the 'Ten Commandments' were strictly enforced today -- by force of law -- throughout the world? Do any of you keep the 'Ten Commandments'? Why don't Christians keep the Seventh-Day Sabbath -- from Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday? I have recently proposed that Every Day Should be a Sabbath-Day -- with Most Every Activity Being Considered Sacred -- with a Sabbath-Attitude existing throughout the world 24/7 -- and church attendance being highly-recommended, but not required. Have you really thought through what Sabbath-Keeping really entails? If I long for the sun to set, so I can watch a ball-game in progress -- is that Sabbath-Breaking which could cause me to lose out on Heaven, and die eternally -- physically and soul-wise? Are there any excuses for sinning? Why does God appear to sin in the Old Testament? Why all the contradictions, confusion, and absurdities? Is this on purpose? Is this part of our punishment for who knows what Ancient Transgressions? Should one day of the week be more holy than any other day of the week? Was Earth and it's inhabitants really created in Six Literal Days -- with God Resting on the Seventh-Day Sabbath? I Value a Very High Ethical Standard -- Very Highly -- But is This Very High Ethical Standard Found in the 66 Books of the Canonical Scriptures aka God's Word, the Holy Bible? Should we construct a Responsibility-Based Ethical System? What is the proper role of the Sacred Scriptures and Apocalyptic Literature? What about the Book of Enoch? Do we really live in a Retribution, Annihilation, and Utter Destruction Universe -- Ruled by Vengeful Deities who expect Absolute Obedience -- No Matter How Cruel and Unusual the Orders Might Be??? Is 'Just Following Orders' a valid defense? Finally, I wish to make it clear that a lot of what I post is pragmatic in nature -- and it is intended to incrementally make things better for everyone. I faithfully kept the Seventh-Day Sabbath for decades -- but I finally realized that converting the world to this plan wasn't going to happen -- and that the best scriptural principles and concepts probably needed to be applied to modern society -- in new and innovative ways. I just haven't seen my way clear to effect such idealism in a rebellious and irresponsible world. I'm simply not willing that any should perish in a Final Judgment and Apocalypse. Now -- or Later. On the other hand -- at some point -- will a certain individual have to say 'Let Him That is Righteous be Righteous Still -- and Him That is Filthy be Filthy Still'? Will the curtain have to be closed with terrible finality? You still don't get this -- do you???
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Perhaps I should post a commandment by commandment analysis of the Ten-Commandments. What if the Ten-Commandments became the Law -- and were enforced by Civil Authorities???!!! Can you even begin to imagine the riots and running in the streets???!!! Please give 'The Law of God' some serious and deep thought. This subject might be more important than any of us think.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 am

Consider the following very carefully and prayerfully:

1. The Ten Commandments in the context of Pre-Genesis.
    2. The Ten Commandments in the context of Genesis.
    3. The Ten Commandments in the context of Exodus.
    4. The Ten Commandments in the context of Leviticus.
    5. The Ten Commandments in the context of the Old Testament.
    6. The Ten Commandments in the context of the Gospels.
    7. The Ten Commandments in the context of the Pauline Epistles.
    8. The Ten Commandments in the general context of Apocalyptic Literature.
    9. The Ten Commandments in the specific context of Daniel and the Revelation.
    10. The Ten Commandments in the context of the New Testament.
    11. The Ten Commandments in the context of the Holy Bible.
    12. The Ten Commandments in the context of Extra-Biblical Sources.
    13. The Archangelic Implications and Ramifications Relative to the Decalogue.
    14. The Ten Commandments in the context of Heaven (past, present, and future).
    15. The Decalogue Relative to the Substitutionary Atonement.
    16. The Decalogue Relative to Responsibility.
    17. The Sabbath in Modernity.
    18. The Law in Romans.
    19. The Law in Galatians.
    20. The Decalogue, the Pentateuch, and the Teachings of Jesus -- relative to Canon Law.
    21. The Decalogue and Situation-Ethics.
    22. The Decalogue Relative to the Psalms.
    23. The Decalogue Relative to the Book of Matthew.
    24. The Decalogue Relative to the Epistle to the Hebrews.
    25. The Decalogue Relative to the Sovereignty of God and Absolute Obedience.
    26. The Decalogue Relative to Human Sovereignty and Responsible Freedom.
    27. The Decalogue Relative to the 'United States of the Solar System'.
    28. The Decalogue Relative to Reptilians and Greys.

This is just scratching the surface. This sort of study can go round and round and round -- without ever really resolving. What if Joseph Fletcher had considered 'Responsibility and Situation-Ethics' -- wherein one does the 'Responsible Thing' -- rather than the 'Loving Thing'? Perhaps I should deal with this point by point. The Decalogue is historically important -- but is it appropriately worded and absolutely binding relative to modern humanity?? My current bias is that we might need an International and Interplanetary Minimalist-System of Law, Government, and Religion -- Based Upon Responsibility --Which Might Bear Some Resemblance to Canon Law -- But Decidedly Leaning Toward the US Constitution and the Teachings of Jesus. This is just a brain-storm or brain-fart -- I know not which!! The Law and the Prophets are based upon Love Toward God and Man -- Yet Love Cannot be Commanded. Think about it!! Speaking of 'Love' and 'Thinking' -- these videos really gave me something to think about!!! Waterloo!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9nMKZSN2c&feature=player_embedded SOS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfRaBsDhNaI&feature=related Did I Just Commit One of the Seven Deadly Sin??? But How Can It Be So Bad When It Feels So Good???

ABBA - S.O.S. 1975

Where are those happy days,
    they seem so hard to find
    I tried to reach for you,
    but you have closed your mind
    Whatever happened to our love
    I wish I understood
    It used to be so nice,
    it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling
    can't you hear me SOS
    The love you gave me,
    nothing else can save me SOS
    When you're gone
    How can I even try to go on
    When you're gone
    Though I try how can I carry on

You seemed so far away
    though you were standing near
    You made me feel alive,
    but something died I fear
    I really tried to make it out
    I wish I understood
    What happened to our love,
    it used to be so good

can't you hear me SOS
    The love you gave me,
    When you're gone
    When you're gone

(Instrumental)

can't you hear me SOS
    The love you gave me,
    When you're gone
    When you're gone
    When you're gone
    When you're gone

The Ten Commandments Revisited Abba_765588The Ten Commandments Revisited ABBA_-_Agnetha___Frida10
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Dogs do not need Ten Commandments Wink
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 am

The commandments is a light from the other world. A world where simple morality is prevalent. Since we are disconnected from this source we use our minds and imagination to understand it. Unfortunately we complicate it into a juggernaut or a celtic knot. We then use our current paradigm of understanding to solve a problem we created. Our minds split atoms instead of finding the gestalt of the matter.
    A child could understand the wisdom of heaven....
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am

I'm beginning to read the Bible while thinking of possible Reptilian, Grey, and Human components to what I'm reading. I continue to model the idea of Flawed and Imperfect Deities with various types of physicality and spirituality. Often, Theism v Atheism is an 'all or nothing' debate -- rather than considering ALL of the possibilities, and dealing with shades of gray (or should I say 'Shades of Grey'?). Rather than slavishly and blindly attempting to superimpose the past upon the present -- I am presently using Scripture as a mental and spiritual excercise -- preparatory to engaging in devotional and scholarly Political and Theological Science-Fiction -- with an emphasis upon principles and concepts. My little dog is highly ethical -- yet Jake Sully doesn't need the Bible or the Ten-Commandments.
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:38 pm

You are on the right track Ortho. Much of today is a double edged sword. A double entendre so to speak. So the bible can be used for mischief or awareness if you get my meaning. Some of the Jesus sayings are the deepest things Ive read, but it can get lost in trying to fix the person or the meaning in space time. Its science fiction, supernatural, morality and earthly all rolled up into one...
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Thank-you magamud. Studying historical religions and governments is one thing -- but applying them directly to our present situation is irresponsible. However, ignoring history, or not properly understanding it, is just as irresponsible. But really, no matter what standards are errected, and no matter who leads, there is going to be weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. The grass will always seem greener on the other side of the fence. No matter how we put it together, it will always seem wrong. "Should've done it the other way!"

I support the continual improvement of the human race -- through constructive-competition and organizational-discipline -- but not by terrorism and warfare. Mass Murder is NOT a Family Value. But what am I to do with the Old Testament and the Book of Revelation?? What about Human Sacrifice?? Does Purification equal Extermination?? Divinity and Humanity seem to be able to rationalize just about anything. The Historical Moral Standard is very blurred. Seemingly moral and normal people can turn right around and do the most horrible things imaginable. What's wrong with this picture???
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Consider this interesting lecture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Es9xJutiwo&feature=related Please take the time to think this through -- even though it might seem boring and irrelevant. Once again, under certain circumstances, I would not have a problem observing the Seventh Day Sabbath (I did so for decades) -- but I am VERY troubled regarding the direct application of Exodus 20 to everyone in modernity. The general principles make sense -- but I find the specific wording, and context, to be somewhat problematic. I'm continuing to take a closer look at Canon Law. Do we need an updated version of Canon Law -- which includes International, Interplanetary, and Intergalactic Law -- with a Reasonable System of Rewards and Punishments??? This paragraph and link might be VERY important. Law is at the center of EVERYTHING. Once again, here is a controversial lecture which touches upon Law, Judgment, Eschatology, and the Substitutionary-Atonement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqhH5RVLW1o&feature=related Here is a lecture which touches upon the US Constitution and methods of circumventing this document for nefarious purposes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFN-FRIIkQA&feature=related Once again, Law is at the Center of Religion and Governance. How do we turn this Solar System into Paradise?? OR will this ever be allowed by the Galactic Powers That Be?? Consider very carefully the Tower of Babel incident -- and the Flood of Noah -- as well as the Horrible Events fortold in the Book of Revelation. Earth and Humanity seem to be on a Galactic Death Row. All of this needs to be thought through VERY carefully.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:54 pm

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank-you Aquaries1111. I'm simply attempting to look at ethics and law -- past, present, and future. This is about as much fun as a root-canal -- but if we ever want any sort of paradise -- we need to sort out the legal issues in great detail. Some of this involves aspects of my religious background (which is heavy on law) -- which might not be of interest to a lot of people -- especially when we're talking about ufo's, aliens, and all sorts of sensational subjects -- but the topic should not be neglected.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm