tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

South East Englanders, come out, come out ...

anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

South East Englanders, come out, come out ... Empty South East Englanders, come out, come out ...

Post  anomalous cowherd Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 am

I forget sometimes that people not on this forum read posts. I know on the old forum there were at least 5 people from my area, so thought I'd give a heads up.

I invited Ian Crane to come to Hastings tonight, Monday May 9th to give his final melt down presentation. He is a very warm and skilled speaker with tons of inside insight from his years in the oil business. This is not just a "let's moan about it" talk, it's about coping stratagies and networking as much as perhaps further opening people's eyes. A friend of mine went to his workshop yesterday and said it was inspirational!

Anyhow, many of us here on the Mists know the score but I think building community is what is going to make the difference in survival . Meeting your local community is the first step.

Ok, tonight above the Jenny Lind pub in the Old town, doors open 7:30. All are welcome.
    Tomorrow, Tuesday the 10th he is speaking in Brighton, I'm sure there must be a few people reading this from nearby.

If/when the net goes down the people we know who know locally can only make things easier. There are already a lot of people in shock as it is.

Cheers sunny

just reposting this because for some reason I'd put it in the kitchen garden section, which is of course relevant but might not get seen. My town does have a LOT of gardeners and allotments so this is an important part as well .
    Floyd
    Floyd

South East Englanders, come out, come out ... Empty Re: South East Englanders, come out, come out ...

Post  Floyd Mon May 09, 2011 5:11 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:I forget sometimes that people not on this forum read posts. I know on the old forum there were at least 5 people from my area, so thought I'd give a heads up.

I invited Ian Crane to come to Hastings tonight, Monday May 9th to give his final melt down presentation. He is a very warm and skilled speaker with tons of inside insight from his years in the oil business. This is not just a "let's moan about it" talk, it's about coping stratagies and networking as much as perhaps further opening people's eyes. A friend of mine went to his workshop yesterday and said it was inspirational!

Anyhow, many of us here on the Mists know the score but I think building community is what is going to make the difference in survival . Meeting your local community is the first step.

Ok, tonight above the Jenny Lind pub in the Old town, doors open 7:30. All are welcome.
    Tomorrow, Tuesday the 10th he is speaking in Brighton, I'm sure there must be a few people reading this from nearby.

If/when the net goes down the people we know who know locally can only make things easier. There are already a lot of people in shock as it is.

Cheers sunny

just reposting this because for some reason I'd put it in the kitchen garden section, which is of course relevant but might not get seen. My town does have a LOT of gardeners and allotments so this is an important part as well .

Best of luck with your idea AC. You may need it.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

South East Englanders, come out, come out ... Empty Re: South East Englanders, come out, come out ...

Post  anomalous cowherd Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 am

Thanks Floyd, at least it has brought me into contact with a fair few people locally previously hidden.
    It looks like it will be a full house, too, so there's an indication of the urge to connect, and thats the last thing the scumbag underlords want, which pleases me greatly. sunny sunny sunny

Next activity is big chemtrail rally, with music, may as well have some fun afro
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon May 09, 2011 6:00 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:Thanks Floyd, at least it has brought me into contact with a fair few people locally previously hidden.
    It looks like it will be a full house, too, so there's an indication of the urge to connect, and thats the last thing the scumbag underlords want, which pleases me greatly. sunny sunny sunny

Next activity is big chemtrail rally, with music, may as well have some fun afro

I have on occassion been part of an attempt to create community but generally I found that people wanted to talk about things and discuss them til they were blue in the face and when it came down to doing anything about it, people generally failed to deliver any of the promises or intentions they made to themselves as doing things is difficult and challenging, whereas talking about something all day is easy and distracting and doesnt involve any effort apart from typing on a keyboard.

I agree with your intent but the internet is riddled with people deluding themselves.

Music rally.Sounds fun
    Very best wishes to you.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 am

That's precisely why I am doing this off the net, and so far I have uncovered some real gems. People who walk the talk and have skills I don't.

Also I don't have (or make) as much time for online stuff and forums, lovely though this is, because it needs to be face to face now. Some of us have started a bi weekly meeting group in the next town over and several months on, it is growing. Many of these people do not have the time for the net but they make time for the meet ups.

It might be well worth trying again Floyd, or come on down! Course I AM very stubborn, I've been hammering away at this for years, doors are opening. I best not lean on an open one.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon May 09, 2011 6:58 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:That's precisely why I am doing this off the net, and so far I have uncovered some real gems. People who walk the talk and have skills I don't.

Also I don't have (or make) as much time for online stuff and forums, lovely though this is, because it needs to be face to face now. Some of us have started a bi weekly meeting group in the next town over and several months on, it is growing. Many of these people do not have the time for the net but they make time for the meet ups.

It might be well worth trying again Floyd, or come on down! Course I AM very stubborn, I've been hammering away at this for years, doors are opening. I best not lean on an open one.

Well, thanks for the invite.
    Another thing I noticed about communities is that like any society there is always someone who wants to be king or queen bee and that these communities or potential ones have or will have their fair share of dramatics and politics.

I have decided to go down a different road from the community ideal but whilst the internet is useful for sharing ideas people really need to get out there and make a change in their lives. I dont see the value in talking endlessy about reptiles and new world orders endlessy whilst never doing anything about it. Not that I believe in reptilains which I dont.

I stumbled across this great little community garden the other day and they were organising a plant exchange day. It's little things like that that make the difference.

I think if you get the right group together there is a possibilty to move forward. I think moving away from the net is a good idea but it should be used for practical purposes, in that way it is actually useful.

What are your group plans. Are you talking about athe formation of a self sufficient community or a much more flexible approach abiding by the same ideals. ie, non living together community but in general are in a lose togetherness.

Do you see relocation as something you would entertain.?

Cheers big ears.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Mon May 09, 2011 7:11 am

oh heck Floyd, we are LOOSE like a long necked goose, and how did you know about my big ears? Noooooooooooo plans for moving into a group, phew, SCARY and as for LEADERS... No No

I have too large a family to be going anywhere right now, besides, my house is a commune in the summer and that's just us.

One step at a time, if it were necessary to circle the wagons at some point, I could see getting together with others in a living situation, but not yet. Noooo , communities, as in all living together, get too heirarchical, and I am more about anarchical. I'd probably piss someone off, and my partner is a drummer, and not everyone wants to hear the bongo rhthyms at odd hours of the day or night.

I just want to stop the chemtrail operation as my/our first goal, simple things like that, then we shall see.

when I say community, I just mean in the old fashioned sense, meeting up with the movers and shakers in the plain old town where I live, then we go home (to our own houses) and talk about them... but hopefully in a good way... Wink
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon May 09, 2011 7:19 am

well whatever it is.....have fun with it.......
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 am

Floyd wrote:
    anomalous cowherd wrote:Thanks Floyd, at least it has brought me into contact with a fair few people locally previously hidden.

I have on occassion been part of an attempt to create community but generally I found that people wanted to talk about things and discuss them til they were blue in the face and when it came down to doing anything about it, people generally failed to deliver any of the promises or intentions they made to themselves as doing things is difficult and challenging, whereas talking about something all day is easy and distracting and doesnt involve any effort apart from typing on a keyboard.

I agree with your intent but the internet is riddled with people deluding themselves.

Music rally.Sounds fun
    Very best wishes to you.

Indeed, looks like a good group get-together and if I were in the area it would be fun to attend.

Floyd, my dad always said I was the one who got things done. Meaning little talk and lots of action. I used to coordinate huge community events that had hundreds of people involved.

We've recently been debating whether to move or not to a larger plot of land. However we have good and very talented neighbors - many who are into self-sufficiency. Perhaps it would just be better to stay as our little community is already bonded. Anyway...getting people moving in this direction isn't easy due to the economics and what it takes just getting all of this put into place. I do have a community plan in mind in establishing neighborhood aquaponic systems and may actually start on this project in the fall. Meanwhile the situation in Oregon is totally time consuming and there is much going on here.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

Count me in in spirit anomalous .
    It is great to hear of people meeting and gathering around
    an interesting event .
    I wish all the best to this happening.
    And may it be the beginning of more sharing between your community.

Love for You
    mudra
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks everybody, it was good, standing room only for some. Strange though, not a person I recognized from my town. Nothing ever quite turns out how you might think, but that's fine. The local paper wouldn't even print the event announcement, so it's understandable, too silly that , Crazy Happy Minions of the staus quo are mostly to be pitied.

Anyhow, it was a good thing to do. Seeds have been sown, new connections made and possibly new friendships. The talk was very interesting as well and ended on a postive spiritual note. I love you

Carol, are you living back in Oregon now? I remember you having the aquaponics desire some time ago but in Hawaii. Hope all is going well for you and the family. Perhaps Hawaii is not such a good place to be right now anyway, (and possibly the whole northern hemisphere) which is an appalling state of affairs.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am