tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+22
We Are You
Eartheart
Aquaries1111
hobbit
Lionhawk
Brook
burgundia
lindabaker
Beren
Sanicle
Rasa
starninja
malletzky
icecold
Mercuriel
TRANCOSO
Mariadine
Floyd
mudra
Carol
Vidya Moksha
devakas
26 posters

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Kirtan-500x357
    devakas
    devakas

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Empty Re: Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts

Post  devakas Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 pm

If you are sticking to a lie, eventually your inconsistency will become apparent. Some people are inconsistent on purpose and others are inconsistent not on purpose. This brings up the idea of a seeker, because a seeker seeks the truth. So, what is the philosophical element which differentiates TRUTH from a LIE?
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:55 pm

one of powerful messages however in russian language for hmmm... scratch who knows russian.

http://sattvik.livejournal.com/84535.html

At least with open heart listen the music at the beginning. The Karen

devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 am

devakas wrote:

If you are sticking to a lie, eventually your inconsistency will become apparent. Some people are inconsistent on purpose and others are inconsistent not on purpose. This brings up the idea of a seeker, because a seeker seeks the truth. So, what is the philosophical element which differentiates TRUTH from a LIE?

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 pm

namaste
    devakas

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 06, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am

Shivambu Shastra: Mother of Ayurvedic Medicine
    - By Natalia Perera

“Let the venom be the antidote” – Sufi Poet Rumi

Awakening the Healer Within

We are in a very magical era: all around us, in many ways, we are witnessing theconnection between the East and the West, the ancient and the modern,spirituality and science. Modern scientific research is linking its most recentdiscoveries in the field of quantum physics and vibrational healing methods withancient spiritual ideas. We are so truly fortunate to be living in such an excitingtime, and watch in awe, this process of life unfolding before our very eyes.One such powerful practice for healing that continues to flourish today is
    Shivambu Shastra
    , respected for thousands of years as the “Mother of AyurvedicMedicine” or
    Amaroli
    (Amara in Sanskrit means immortal) in Yoga and commonlyknown as “Self Urine Therapy”. Shivambu literally means “Water of Shiva”,referring to the auspiciousness of the practice. Its “method of drinking urine forrejuvenation” is outlined in the
    Shivambu Kalpa Vidhi
    , part of a 5000-year-olddocument called the
    Damar Tantra
    , linking this practice back to the
    Vedas
    , thesacred Hindu texts, and to the practice of Tantra. Tantra is a Sanskrit term whichincludes the roots Tanoti (expansion) and Trayati (liberation); referring to the paththat expands the mind or consciousness and liberates one from the cycle of birthand death. Tantra assigns the highest priority to women and to the worship of theGoddess.In this light, it is wrong to promote Shivambu as a medicine or a magic panaceafor all ailments. It is first and foremost a spiritual practice. Ancient Tantrics used itto unleash the feminine Kundalini Shakti at the base of the spine through theSushuma (the spinal column) to join her male principle Shiva at the top of thespine. When awakened, it liberates a lot of energy that leads to the expansion ofconsciousness and leads to Mukti, or liberation from the bondage of pain andsuffering.The sacred text, the
    Shri Damar Tantra Shivambu Kalpa Vidhi
    is defined as such:Damar means “control of the body and sense”, Tantra means “expansion ofconsciousness”, Kalpa means “vitalise or regenerate” and Vidhi means “processor technique”. Its first verse captures Shiva talking to his companion:
    “O Parvati! Those who practice this method can enjoy the fruits of their meditation and penance”
    . It is worth noting that it does not mention the enjoyment of good healthand the absence of disease. It speaks instead of meditation and penance, and for areason. It is warned that stimulation of the Kundalini Shakti together with Vajrolipractices (sex control) are fraught with danger. They are said to be like a fire that

Shivambu Shastra: Mother of Ayurvedic Medicine by Natalia Perera
    2 of 7
    burns indiscriminately. The point of the practice is to melt the ego and all itsrelated patterns rooted in ignorance. Some yogis were reported, however, to livefor 150 years, free from disease and gifted with miraculous powers. But what isnot commonly mentioned is that the misuse of those powers was seriouslyregarded and owned by the teacher who had imparted that knowledge to thepupil. So traditionally, initiation was taken under the supervision of anexperienced yoga teacher and the pupil had to undergo a 7 year fixed probationperiod in order to determine his credibility and sensibility.There is something esoteric about urine. As a by-product of the blood, it contains“life-force” or
    prana
    and thus is considered to be a super-natural living food.When taken, it “awakens the healer within” who works both on a mechanisticlevel as well as on an energetic level. That is urine has the ability to affect all levelsof being; from the physical, to the emotional, to the mental and to the subtlervibrations of the soul. This deep purification is how Indian yogis used thistechnique to unleash the Kundalini Shakti through the chakras, up to their thirdeye and fostered a more intimate relationship between their self and their HigherSelf. Any health benefits or sense of rejuvenation that was derived from theenergy released by awakening Kundalini Shakti are thus consequential to themain goal of self-realisation. Following Tantric traditions, the practice was oftencombined with mantras, minerals, herbs and spices, massage and asana practices,all to assist the detoxification process and influence the vibrations of the body.Urine is said to be an invaluable source of nourishment and healing yet has beentoo controversial or not financially rewarding enough for it to be studied, let aloneencouraged for its potency. One’s own urine, a living substance, containselements that are specific to one’s body alone - the reason why it is used inroutine medical tests. The body is constantly producing a huge variety ofantibodies, hormones, enzymes and other natural chemicals to regulate andcontrol its functions and correct disharmony. When reutilised, these chemicalsand nutrients act as natural vaccines, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-carcinogenicagents as well as hormone balancers and allergy relievers. In short, the body’sown intelligence or defence mechanism is activated to restore the originalphysiological balance or homeostasis. The information that one’s own urinecontains therefore cannot be duplicated nor derived from any other source. Just asnature produces no two people who are exactly the same, there are no two urinesamples in the world that contain exactly the same components.

link to scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/92185986/Shivambu-Shastra-Mother-of-Ayurvedic-Medicine-By-Natalia-Perera

Love Always
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Ayurvedic medicine is mother of all medicines
    However people add their own opinions

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am

namaste
    sunny

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat May 05, 2012 5:00 pm

The Elevation for All Life

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Britis10

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Leno10
    Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Mtwain10

Last edited by devakas on Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 08, 2012 3:49 pm

related class to senses, to understand hooman senses better, how our senses are not 'bad' but 'shut down' and need to be transformed via bhakti

Munich - Ravindra Svapura

The Mind Can Be Our Friend or Our Enemy

Spiritual life begins when we can control our minds. Ordinarily the mind of a conditioned soul in the material world is completely out of control. For most people, rather than their mind being controlled their minds become servants of their senses. For example if one is walking down a street and sees or smells some very nice food then the tongue is sending messages to the mind telling it that it wants that food to satisfy the sense of taste. So the person, controlled by the urges of the senses, purchases that food and eats it to try and satisfy the whims of the tongue. In the same way all the senses of the body are demanding the mind to supply their particular objects of gratification so the person is actually out of control. He simply becomes a servant of his senses, trying to satisfy their every whim, but the cruel nature of the material world is that no matter what he supplies in an attempt to satisfy his senses they will never be satisfied. They will always demand more, more, more…

Therefore the Bhagavad-gita prescribes:

A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well. (Bhagavad-gita 6.5)

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Plate210

Mind out of control!!

This is a very simple, short and easy to explain point, but it is very essential that we really understand this point and actually bring our mind under control by always engaging it in Creator consciousness and in this way completely detach the mind from the desires of senses. In this way instead of being servants of our senses (godasa) we can become the masters of our senses (goswami) and this is the prerequisite for further advancement in Creator (Krishna) consciousness.

best

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 11, 2012 12:08 am

Namaste

sunny

Last edited by devakas on Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 am

Paper Currency And Inflation

A World of Cheaters And Cheated

Following is a morning walk conversation between
    His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and some of his students,
    recorded on December 31, 1973 in Los Angeles.

Prajapati: Actually, I was concerned this morning about inflation.The government and the newspapers,
    they say the biggest problem today is inflation.
    From our Krsna conscious stand point, how can we cure this problem of inflation?
    Prabhupada: It is very simple. Don't accept paper currency. It must be gold or some metal worth.
    Just like one dollar, it must be worth onedollar metal. Then it is solved.
    But they want tocheat. How it can be solved? Because if I pay you one dollar,
    I must pay you value for onedollar. But it is the cheating process is going on,"I pay you one dollar,
    a piece of paper. That'sall." So you accept cheating, and I also cheat.Government allows.
    So how the problem can besolved?
    Prajapati: In the economy itself there isn't actually enough money to, that's even in the banks..
    Prabhupada: Therefore I say cheating. I have no money. I give yousimply paper. I promise to pay hundred dollars.
    What is the use of thatpromise if I have no money? But you want to be cheated. I cheat you.That's all.
    Bahulasva: Real money is gold and silver.

Prabhupada: Any... It must be valuable. Whatever it may be.
    Gold is taken, because gold is the most valuable metal. A small piece of gold, itcan carry two hundred dollars.
    But if I give you iron, then you have tobring another, what is called, bus, to carry it. (laughter)
    So thereforegold standard is accepted everywhere. There is a standard price of gold,so when I pay you money,
    it must carry the value in gold. That's all.Then there is no inflation.
    The people want to be cheated, and people cheat. That's all. So a worker is getting three thousand dollar per month,
    but he isgetting paper. But he is thinking that "I am getting money." He is giving his labor,
    and things are being produced. This is the policy. "Cheat him. Without giving money, give him paper,
    and get his labor, andproduce goods." This is modern economy. Is it not? A laborer,
    a worker,is given high salary, high wages. So what he is getting? It is paper.
    And he is very enthusiastic to give his labor. So production is more.
    And when you go to purchase the products, then you have to pay again.
    Whatever you have earned, you have to pay everything, pay to the bank or pay to the man.
    Simply cheating process is going on...Everyone can understand this is pure cheating.
    I give you a hundred dollars, a piece of paper. That's all. And you accept it. You want to be cheated.
    You thought, that "I have got now daily, hundred dollars. Solet me work very hard."
    He does not consider that "I am not getting ahundred dollars. I am getting a piece of paper."
    So people have no brain The modern Banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process
    is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented.

"This is not hundred dollars. Give me cash, hundred dollars."Then there will be no inflation.
    Because I know that paying you apiece of paper, I can cheat you, therefore I am printing notes,
    to cheat so many people. Therefore inflation. But when there will be no possibility to cheat you,
    then there will be no inflation. Here I have got the opportunity, because I know that pushing
    forward a piece of paper,I can cheat so many people. So there must be inflation. Is it not?
    This isnot psychological? If I know that I can cheat you by this instrument,
    so why shall I not increase that? That is inflation.

Karandhara: The governments actually started the whole thing.
    They instituted paper money and they instituted it because it is a cheating process.
    But everyone is participating. So it is just going on and on. That is the real cause of inflation.

Prabhupada: Yes. That's it.
    They are getting encouragement in their cheating business.
    Bahulasva: They won't let you have any gold.
    Prabhupada: Now they have made law that you cannot store gold?
    Karandhara: That's been since 1933.
    Prabhupada: Just see.
    Karandhara: Americans cannot own gold, store gold. Pretty soon they are going to pass the same law for silver.
    Now they have introduced a law that even the penny, which is the smallest denomination,
    it used tomade out of copper, so now they are going to make it out of aluminum, because copper is too expensive.
    Prabhupada: Just see.
    Bahulasva: It will be worth less than a penny when it is made out of aluminum.
    Prabhupada: Why not cement? (laughter)
    Because by law everything will be acceptable.
    Make it cement.
    Prajapati: It seems all right for ordinary dealings,
    having this money, what's going on, but for large scale transactions it might be very difficult.
    And as the practical basis, transactions of thousands and thousands of dollars, would be...
    Prabhupada: That will be good for the people. Because large scale transaction is there, therefore the capitalists are hoarding.
    Goods are there, everything is there. You pay black price, you get it. Then, when somebody's hoarding,
    he is not giving to the market. So if the large scale industry and trade becomes stopped, that is good for people.
    Suppose if you want to store,say, thousand kilos or a thousand bags of rice, so you have to pay me gold.
    But you have no such gold.Therefore large scale industry will be stopped.
    Just see.
    Karandhara: Then the price of rice would go very low.
    Prabhupada: Yes. Then you get actual price and actual value. Goods are there, any part of the world you...,
    there is enough commodity. But these rascals, they are hoarding, and they are not giving in right time.
    So people are suffering.
    Karandhara: Yes. There's a... They buy now. They buy the goods before they are even grown,
    from the commodity market.
    Prabhupada: Yes, because they can pay in this paper, the bank will advance. So as soon as you...
    You have to introduce this metal coins,value. The whole cheating scheme will fail.
    Karandhara: Whenever there is an economic depression, then gold remains valuable.
    Just like when the stock market crashed in 1929, if you had gold you could still purchase goods.
    No matter how bad theeconomy was, people would accept gold as barter, but not currency.
    Prabhupada: Yes. Indian economy was that if you have got extra money, you get gold ornament for your wife.
    So then your money is stocked there. Or purchase some utensils, silver utensils. That was Indian economy.
    This depositing in the bank and thinking that I am getting good interest, that is another cheating.
    It is another cheating. If things are not available, what will you get by getting interest?
    Therefore I am advising that purchase land and produce our own food. There will be no problem.
    Karandhara: The inflation rate is higher than the interest rate. If youearn 5 3/4 % interest in a year,
    the inflation has gone up 6% in a year.So actually your money, at best it's kept the same.
    Prabhupada: The money is to be kept in cattle and grains. That is Indian economy, cattle and grains.
    If you have got many cows, you get milk. Milk preparations. And if you have got grain, then where is your problem?
    You prepare your food stuff at home and eat and chant Hare Krsna. Where is your problem? You want to eat and live peacefully.
    So if you have got grains and milk, you have got enough food and there is no problem.
    You haven't got to go fifty miles for your work, and then you require a tin car. So many problems.
    But if you get your food at home, then eat them and chant Hare Krsna. Simple thing.

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun May 20, 2012 12:49 pm

some will recognize Him, some will not.

he build the house that everyone can live in

unknown degree of liberation he brought to us. There is nobody to compare with in this world.

there is nothing to compare with His teachings. negative energy just in details.

Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 719788

devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 pm

WHAT DO THE VEDIC TEACHINGS TELL US?
    One of the biggest problems of superficial men is that they confuse occultism with transcendence,
    because occultism handles areas of life that are subtle – often invisible to our eyes –
    but the fact of being invisible has nothing to do with being transcendental and spiritual.
    … The Vedic scriptures do not exclude any area or hide any existence that can be obtained,
    while the occultism hides the transcendental reality of love. So, as the eyes of
    the materialist man are blinded by their greed and lust of gain material things,
    he can not perceive subtle things which are most important. … Similarly those
    who are infatuated for their discoveries in the subtle world do not give
    importance to transcendent realities and don’t pay attention to the invitations
    sent very often by the Supreme Lord to this world through His holy devotees.
    Sometimes He Himself descends to this earthly plane in its various incarnations.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

interesting facts about Krishna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalNJ4luBws

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 pm

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada mentioned in Puranas

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/a_c_bhaktivedanta_swami_prabhupada.htm
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

IMHO we should understand our ultimate goal of life.

The ultimate goal for humanity is not to build the fastest or most comfortable material airplanes or tallest buildings. Or to go to mars or die before or during this dream. The success of humanity I believe is knowledge and prosperity of all. The ultimate goal for demons is the same. To know how it works and achieve knowledge to improve life, (concure desease, death, old age...) both sides are trying to solve it. The results are devastating on scientific community as mostly resources are spend for the destruction (nature, wars, armies)
    Comparing the results achieved by divine Sri Prabhupada teachings as science of god, true our nature as souls, we can find that happiness and knowledge achievements are not comparable in any means. The scientific knowledge for each personal realization delivered in the most uncomparable results could be mentioned such as :
    1. Swami Prabhupada by stopping at Fiji airport for only an hour and speaking with one person resulted into temple opening.
    2. Speaking with a russian in hotel for a few nights in Russia resulted the masive movement in Krishna Consciousness today.
    3. Also nonviolence caused by Vedic teachings are absolutely not comparable with violence causing modern world(humans, animals)
    there are more and more, but it would be not understood. To purify ourselves there are powers hard to explain......

Also we know that morality in general hold beliefs for millions. Wonder where those traditions came from...

So the ultimate life goals are the same with science, but the results in benefits for humanity are not comparable. judge it yourself

I would like the only vedic science to be taught in schools. Bhagavatam if saved, if all books would be lost, humanity would not loose anything.

Dharma Shastra - law books are left for 10,000 years ahead by Prabhupada.

for us conditioned souls...

god is above all religions...

sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

This is the one of early letters to Mahatma Gandhi from A.C. Bagtivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Mahatma Gandhijee
    Bhangi Colony
    New Delhi.

Dear Friend Mahatmajee,

Please accept my respectful Namaskar. I am your unknown friend but I had to write to you at times and again although you never cared to reply them. I sent you my papers "Back to Godhead" but your secretaries told me that you have very little time to read the letters and much less for reading the magazines. I asked for an interview with you but your busy secretaries never cared to reply this. Anyway as I am your very old friend although unknown to you I am again writing to you in order to bring you to the rightful position deserved by you. As a sincere friend I must not deviate from my duty towards a friend like your good self.

I tell you as a sincere friend that you must immediately retire from active politics if you do not desire to die an inglorious death. You have 125 years to live as you have desired to live but you if you die an inglorious death it is no worth. The honour and prestige that you have obtained during the course of you present life time, were not possible to be obtained by any one else within the living memory. But you must know that all these honours and prestiges were false in as much as they were created by the Illusory Energy of Godhead called the maya. By this falsity I do not mean to say that your so many friends were false to you nor you were false to them. By this falsity I mean illusion or in other words the false friendship and honours obtained thereby were but creation of maya and therefore they are always temporary or false as you may call it. But none of you neither your friends nor yourself knew this truth.

Now by the Grace of God that illusion is going to be cleared and thus your faithful friends like Acarya Kripalini and others are accusing you for your inability at the present moment to give them any practical programme of work as you happened to give them during your glorious days of non-co-operation movement. So you are also in a plight to find out a proper solution for the present political tangle created by your opponents. You should therefore take a note of warning from your insignificant friend like me, that unless you retire timely from politics and engage yourself cent per cent in the preaching work of Bhagavad-gita, which is the real function of the Mahatmas, you shall have to meet with such inglorious deaths as Mussolini, Hitlers, Tojos, Churchills or Lloyd Georges met with.

You can very easily understand as to how some of your political enemies in the garb of friends (both Indian and English) have deliberately cheated you and have broken your heart by doing the same mischief for which you have struggled so hard for so many years. You wanted chiefly Hindu-Moslem unity in India and they have tactfully managed to undo your work, by creation of the Pakistan and India separately. You wanted freedom for India but they have given permanent dependence of India. You wanted to do something for the upliftment of the position of the bhangis but they are still rotting as bhangis even though you are living in the bhangi colony. They are all therefore illusions and when these things will be presented to you as they are, you must consider them as God-sent. God has favored you by dissipating the illusion you were hovering in, and by the same illusion you were, nursing those ideas as Truth(?).

You must know that you are in the relative world which is called by the sages as Dvaita i.e. dual- and nothing is absolute here. Your Ahimsa is always followed by Himsa as the light is followed by darkness or the father is followed by the son. Nothing is absolute truth in this dual world. You did not know this neither you ever cared to know this from the right sources and therefore all your attempts to create unity were followed by disunity and Ahimsa. Ahimsa was followed by Himsa.

But it is better late than never. You must know now something about the Absolute Truth. The Truth with which you have been experimenting so long is relative. The relative truths are creations of the daivi maya qualified by the three modes of Nature. They are all insurmountable as is explained in the Bhagavad-gita (7.14). The Absolute Truth is the Absolute Godhead.

In the Katha Upanisad it is ordered that one must approach the bona fide Guru who is not only well versed in all the scriptures of the world but is also the realized soul in Brahman the Absolute—in order to learn the science of Absolute Truth. So also it is instructed in the Bhagavad-gita as follows:?

tad viddhi pranipatena
    pariprasnena sevaya
    upadeksyanti tad jnanam
    jnaninas tattvadarsinah
    (Bg. 4.34)

But I know that you never underwent such transcendental training except some severe penances which you invented for your purpose as you have invented so many things in the course of experimenting with the relative truths. You might have easily avoided them if you had approached the Guru as abovementioned. But your sincere efforts to attain some Godly qualities by austerities etc surely have raised you to some higher position which you can better utilize for the purpose of the Absolute Truth. If you, however, remain satisfied with such temporary position only and do not try to know the Absolute Truth, then surely you are to fall down from the artificially exalted position under the laws of Nature. But if you really want to approach the Absolute Truth and want to do some real good to the people in general all over the world, which shall include your ideas of unity, peace and non-violence, then you must give up the rotten politics immediately and rise up for the preaching work of the philosophy and religion of "Bhagavad-gita'' without offering unnecessary and dogmatic interpretations on them. I had occasionally discussed this subject in my paper "Back to Godhead'' and a leaf from the same is enclosed herewith for your reference.

I would only request you to retire from politics at least for a month only and let us have discussion on the Bhagavad-gita. I am sure, thereby, that you shall get a new light from the result of such discussions not only for your benefit but for the benefit of the world at large—as I know that you are sincere, honest and moralist.

Awaiting your early reply with interest.
    Yours sincerely,
    Abhay Charan De.
    Enclosure—one leaf from Back to Godhead
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day."

MAHATMA GANDHI

on the back of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada book - BHAGAVAD GITA As It Is

low living high thinking quote came from Krishna devotees movement that was started by Swami Prabhupada
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:10 pm

you refer to the word "love", but actual fact is there is no love in this material world. That is false propaganda.

What they call "love" here is lust only, desire for personal sense-gratification;

kama esa krodha esa

rajoguna samudbhavah

maha-sano maha-papma

viddhy enam iha vairinam

Krishna tells Arjuna, His disciple, that "It is lust only . . . which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world." In the Vedic language, their word for materialistic "love" as we call it at present day; "kama" lust for material desire, not love.

The word for love, actually love we find in Vedas is "prema", meaning one's love of God, only. Outside God, there is no possibility of loving. Rather it is lusty desire the whole range of human activities, whatever and whenever, so long with this atmosphere of matter, the every activity of the human being--or any living entity-- is based upon or given impetus, and thus polluted, by the attraction between male and female, sex-desire. For that sex-life, the whole universe is spinning round--and suffering! That is the harsh truth.

<p>So-called love, here, means "you gratify my senses, I'll gratify your senses," and as soon as that gratification stops: immediately there is divorce, separation, quarrel, hatred. So many things there are, going on under this false conception of love. Actual love means love of God, Krishna.
    <p>from
    http://www.prabhupadaconnect.com/Letters56.html
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Since When Have You Westerners Accepted the Teachings of Christ? PRABHUPADA SPEAKS OUT

June 1, 2011 by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
    Filed under Prabhupada

1 Comment

<p>Vedic Scripts, wisdom and facts - Page 21 Speaks1
    For example, the animal killing. The Western people mostly call themselves Christians. Now, Lord Jesus Christ said, Thou shall not kill. But the result, after the passage of two thousand years, is that the people of the Western countries are still killing. So, during all these years, when have they actually accepted Christianity? What is your answer?

SRILA PRABHUPADA SPEAKS OUT

"Since When Have You Westerners Accepted the Teachings of Christ?"

This exchange between His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and Carol Cameron, then a master’s candidate in anthrophology, took place in Perth, Australia, on May 9, 1975.

Disciple: Srila Prabhupada, this is Carol Cameron, from the University of West Australia. For her master’s degree in anthropology, Carol is writing a paper about the influence of the Vedic culture on the West. So she would like to ask you some questions.

Carol: Your Divine Grace, I would like to know why you initially came to the West. I know a bit about your background, but not very much. So I’d like to know why you saw the need to come to the West.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes. Not long ago I was speaking about that. Of course, I spoke in very strong words. What I said was, "Western people are claiming to be very civilized, but I have got an objection. That is why I have come to the West."

For example, the animal killing. The Western people mostly call themselves Christians. Now, Lord Jesus Christ said, "Thou shall not kill." But the result, after the passage of two thousand years, is that the people of the Western countries are still killing. So, during all these years, when have they actually accepted Christianity? What is your answer?

Carol: Well, it’s true that the actual, original teachings of the scriptures aren’t enacted in Western life.

Srila Prabhupada: Just consider. The Ten Commandments and then Lord Jesus Christ and his disciples had to tell these people, "Thou shall not kill." So, first of all, what kind of men were they–that Lord Christ had to request them not to kill? That means they were killers.

Suppose somebody’s a thief and I give him some good instruction. I say, "You should not commit theft." Of course, that instruction means that as of now, you are a thief. As of now, you are a thief. Otherwise, why should I say, "Thou shalt not commit theft"?

A naughty child is disturbing everyone. So I am forced to say, "My dear child, please don’t disturb everyone." Similarly, when Christ said, "Thou shall not kill," that means he was speaking amongst people who were in the habit of killing. Is it not?

Carol: Hmm.

Srila Prabhupada: Now, after taking instruction from Christ, first of all they killed Christ. That means they could not understand the instruction. Therefore, their first business was to kill the instructor. And following that, two thousand years have passed–and still they are killing. So, since when have they accepted the teachings of Lord Christ? Can you answer this?

Carol: So you think the Christian faith hasn’t been reflected in the behavior of Western people?

Srila Prabhupada: This is obvious. You are maintaining huge slaughterhouses–regular killing. So although you took instruction from Christ–"Thou shall not kill"–you first of all killed him, and still you are maintaining this killing business. You are killing the animals, and every now and then, you are declaring wars amongst yourselves.

So the killing business is going on regularly. Not just in big wars but also in your regular, daily life. You are maintaining big, big slaughterhouses. So, again, since when have you Westerners actually accepted the instructions of Christ? That I want to know. What is that date?

Carol: Your Divine Grace, do you see any hope for the world? We seem to be moving towards destruction.

Srila Prabhupada: First, you just explain.

Disciple: Srila Prabhupada is asking you, When did this civilization actually accept the teachings of Christ?

Carol: When have they? Overall, never at all. Only in small pockets. Overall, never.

Srila Prabhupada: Then why are you claiming that you are Christian? For instance, you are wearing a crucifix. You Westerners often keep or wear a crucifix, yet that sign actually means that you killed Christ. The crucufix is the symbol that you so-called followers of Christ killed Christ. Many, many people in the priestly order carry the cruifix. The crucifix is the sign that

Lord Jesus Christ was killed. Is it not?

Carol: It is, but that symbol is also used to signify his triumph, or resurrection.

Srila Prabhupada: [Warily:] Maybe. [Laughter.] But mainly, that symbol shows how you killed Lord Jesus Christ. That is the sign. That reminds you that you killed your spiritual master. You accuse the Jewish people–"They killed him"–but you also killed him, and you are still killing. Although, of course, you like to call yourselves Christian. Therefore, I want to know‑‑you are a learned scholar‑‑since when did you start abiding by the order of Lord Jesus Christ? That is my question. Since when?

Carol: When did I?

Srila Prabhupada: Every one of you–throughout the Western countries. And if you claim you have actually abided by the order of Jesus Christ, then why you are systematically killing? The order is, "Thou shall not kill."

Carol: This matter reminds me of the Gita, you know?–where Arjuna is on the battlefield, about to commit an organized sort of killing against his relatives.

Srila Prabhupada: No. Arjuna’s relatives were on the battlefield, attacking. The cows, pigs, and chickens are not on the battlefield, attacking. You cannot compare Arjuna’s killing to your killing.

Two thousand years have passed, but to date you have not been able to not accept the instruction of Lord Jesus Christ. And you are all claiming that you are Christian. But since when did you accept Christianity? That is my question. Because as far as I can see, you have disobeyed the order of Christ. So, now that two thousand years have passed, when did you accept? Hmm? Who will answer this question?

Disciple: Never.

Srila Prabhupada: Hmm?

Disciple: They never accepted.

Carol: Hmm. Your Divine Grace, what is the main part of your philosophy? Is it based on the Vedanta?

Srila Prabhupada: This is no question of philosophy. You Westerners could not accept Jesus’ simple instruction. Then where is the question of philosophy?

Carol: I think it is a question of love.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes. You Westerners have no love. You cannot understand the basic principle of life and morality, Jesus Christ’s instruction that "Thou shalt not kill." So how can you become a philosopher?

Carol: How is the question of love to be understood? Between people or through some sort of inner communication with a higher self? Srila Prabhupada is saying that we Westerners

Disciple: Srila Prabhupada is saying that until we Westerners accept Christ’s simplest, most basic instruction, we cannot talk of philosophy. Nor can we talk of love.

Srila Prabhupada: You Westerners have no love, because you are accustomed to kill. Philosophy begins when you know that everyone is part and parcel of God, and everyone should be given the full facilities to live, without danger of being injured for anyone else’s personal benefit. Panditah sama‑darsinah: A pandita, a true philosopher or learned scholar, sees every living being equally–as a spirit soul, part and parcel of God. So fools and rascals can become philosophers. Those who are learned scholars–thoughtful–they can become philosophers. But if one has no knowledge how to behave with other living entities, what is the meaning of his becoming a philosopher?
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity” (Motto of France)

Srila Prabhupada, Lecture, Bombay, March 19, 1972 — Come to the original consciousness, Krishna consciousness, then you’ll become happy. Original consciousness, the beginning of original consciousness: to understand one’s self as Brahma, not matter. Brahma means spirit.

Aham brahmasmi: “I’m not matter, I’m spirit soul.” This is the beginning of spiritual consciousness or Krishna consciousness. That is also explained in the Bhagavad-gita (Sanscrit scriptures):

brahma bhutah prasannatma
    na socati na kanknati
    samah sarvenu bhutenu
    mad-bhaktim labhate param

["One who is thus transcendentally situated at once realizes the Supreme Brahman. He never laments nor desires to have anything; he is equally disposed to every living entity. In that state he attains pure devotional service unto Me."]
    [Bg. 18.54]
    Unless you come to the platform of brahma bhuta [SB 4.30.20] consciousness, you cannot treat everyone on the same level. It is not possible.
    The so-called universal brotherhood is not possible on this material condition of life. Therefore you can see that materially there are so many attempts to find out a platform of universal brotherhood. But there is no universal brotherhood.

There is simply platform of enemy. The United Nation is trying to come to the platform of universal brotherhood. When I go to New York, I see the great institution. There are hundreds and thousands of flags.

Instead of being united, the flags are increasing, Very Happy because this universal brotherhood, this equality, fraternity, cannot be established on this material platform. It is not possible.

You have to come to the point, to the platform of Krishna consciousness, or brahma bhuta stage, then it is possible.
    brahma bhutah prasannatma
    na socati na kanksati
    samah sarvesu bhutesu
    mad-bhaktim labhate param

sunny

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:20 pm