tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Mountain House (food) Backorders Extend to Four Months Now

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Mountain House (food) Backorders Extend to Four Months Now Empty Mountain House (food) Backorders Extend to Four Months Now

Post  Carol Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 am

MH Backorders Extend to Four Months Now
    Late yesterday, March 3, Oregon Freeze Dry, the parent of Mountain House, shutdown its remaining can-dealer network until further notice in order to try to get a grip on their overwhelming backorder situation. It will likely be several months before we can offer MH cans for sale again. Pouches remain available, though for how long is uncertain.

None of this should come as a shock to Safecastle Royal members ... we have been shining the light down the tunnel for you for the last six months. If you will allow me the freedom to express my opinion on what comes next, we are now at a point where things are about to go critical.

I consider emergency storage food to be an early market indicator for the food industry in general. I won't go into all the details, but with the panic-level buying in this market niche by consumers for the last 6 months now at the point of saturation of those production capacities, I look for your local grocers to start to see food runs of some limited fashion soon in the areas of canned goods that will store well and hold value.

Food prices are escalating at the grocery stores and incomes are not. People are clearly recognizing the wisdom in locking up a food supply at today's prices. They are doing their best to stock up, no matter the cost at this point (meaning they are buying in huge volumes at a time). From where we sit--these folks new to preparedness are making a a very strong statement about where they think our nation is headed.

Anyway--we still do have many other emergency storage foods available. Some of them are still shipping immediately and others have up to a three week wait time at this point. I do expect the overflow demand from the MH shutdown to directly spill over to all these other foods now. These other brands such as Yoders, Honeyville, Grandmas Country, Future Essentials, Bega, Red Feather, and American Family Supply will be hard pressed to deal with the demand that is about to hit them.

Stay safe.

Vic Rantala
    www.prepared.pro

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:13 pm