tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks

Mariadine
    Mariadine

Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks Empty Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks

Post  Mariadine Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 pm

About this talk
    We're all embedded in vast social networks of friends, family, co-workers and more. Nicholas Christakis tracks how a wide variety of traits -- from happiness to obesity -- can spread from person to person, showing how your location in the network might impact your life in ways you don't even know.

About Nicholas Christakis
    Nicholas Christakis explores how the large-scale, face-to-face social networks in which we are embedded affect our lives, and what we can do to take advantage of this fact

http://www.ted.com/talks/nicholas_christakis_the_hidden_influence_of_social_networks.html
    mudra
    mudra

Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks Empty Re: Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks

Post  mudra Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Wow awesome talk Mariadine.
    I enjoyed it a lot Cheerful

Thank you so much for posting

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    Mariadine
    Mariadine

Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks Empty Re: Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks

Post  Mariadine Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you ! I'm glad you enjoyed the talk.

People sometimes get upset when someone appears and talks, critically, about social networks and the impact it has on our lives.

It seems that people who use them - like facebook, twitter, moa ,etc - are considered «dependent», like if it were a drug or something. The person gets «labeled» in a depreciative way...

The video talk puts the social factor in prespective, because it remindes us that «Human Nature is always the same» ... Eheheheh ! like the Man said..we like to «bond» ...... Toast
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:35 am

I didn't see the presentation because the video didn't play for me, but I agree that FB, Twitter , all kinds of forums act like drugs. I am sure we all here can see that...

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:28 pm