tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Instant Pot Recipes

Swanny
    Swanny

Instant Pot Recipes Empty Instant Pot Recipes

Post  Swanny Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:42 am

Any good Instant Pot Recipes you care to share? Question

I've found the easiest way to cook white rice.
    I put two cups of rice and two cups of water in, hit the normal start button, something like high pressure 40 mins, leave the vent open and when the burn word comes up it's ready clown

I pinched a recipe from the Bridgeway thread to get it started  tongue

Morpheus wrote:

I finally broke in the Instant Pot yesterday. Spaghetti, hot Italian sausage,  Hot ,  and homemade meatballs.  For me, it was easier to sautee everything in a frying pan, instead of doing it in the Instant Pot.

Here's what you will need...

8QT Instant Pot
    Frying Pan
    Spatula
    Cutting board and sharp knife
    Measuring cup and spoons
    Huge bowl
    Two large cookie sheets
    Tongs and large spoon

Ingredients

2 cans of Hunt's tomatoes puree, 28 oz.
    1 can of Hunt's diced tomatoes, 28 0z.
    2 small jars of Pesto.
    1 pound of spaghetti.
    1 large onion
    4 slices of bacon
    2.25 lbs. of 85/15 ground beef.
    1 lbs. of Jimmy Dean Hot sausage.
    5 Jacksonville Hot Italian sausages.
    Olive oil
    Mustard
    Garlic
    4 Bay leaves
    Black pepper
    Cumin
    Basil
    Parsley
    Oregano
    Worcestershire sauce
    1 Budweiser
    2 cups of herbal stuffing mix.
    1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, Romano is good too.
    3 eggs

Steps

Frying pan. Medium-low heat. Sautee Jacksonville Hot Italian sausages {5}, with some olive oil. What we want to do here, is brown the sausage on four sides. To accomplish that, flatten the sausages down a little bit. This will help in creating four sides so that you can brown evenly.

While that is browning, take your large onion and finely dice it up. Take your 4 strips of bacon and dice that up. When the sausages are nearly done, take them out and place them on a dish. Using the same frying pan, add your onions and bacon, a few dashes of cumin, and sautee that up. In the last 3 minutes, add diced garlic of cloves, to your satisfaction. While that is sauteing, grab your large bowl and put your ground beef and Jimmy Dean sausage in it.

Add 3 eggs, 2 cups of herbal stuffing mix, 1 cup of shredded Parmesan, 1 jar of Pesto, few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 can of Budweiser, and 1 tbls. of diced garlic, oregano, parsley, basil,
    and 1tsp. of black pepper. You can vary the amounts. Add some mustard. When your diced onions, bacon, and garlic are done, place them in the bowl. Now grab your cookie sheets and place them nearby you. Take some olive oil and grease those sheets. Go back to the bowl and blend all those ingredients, washing your hands before you do. Let stand for 30 minutes. I use a 1/4 measuring cup. Fill the cup, lightly packing it, then take it out of the cup and roll your meatballs out onto the cookie sheet. 16 meatballs to a sheet. I make mine looking like an egg because when they are baked, they will flatten out somewhat. 350 oven for 25 minutes pending on elevation. When done, take them out and let cool.

In another bowl, take your puree and diced tomatoes, and add some spices to it. Also the other small jar of pesto, the other half of the Budweiser, and mix thoroughly. Add some diced garlic.

Instant Pot

Take some of your sauce and place enough to cover the bottom. Place your 5 sausages in the bottom, then add your meatballs {8}, then break your spaghetti in half, add that in a chaotic fashion, keep the spaghetti from sticking together, add the rest of your sauce on top of the spaghetti. Then add some water along the edge, up to level with sauce. You should be close to the limit line. Cover and program, manual/high/8 minutes. When done, depressurized, give it a good stir, check noodles for texture, if not done enough, just place the lid back on and check it again an hour or so. The noodles will continue to cook just with the lid on.

The rest of the meatballs go into storage bags for the freezer for the next time. You should get around 30 meatballs. Let me know how many you get. Depends on the roller.  Crazy Happy  You will also notice that the 5 sausages plumped back up are no longer flattened. I also noticed that there was a chemical change that occurred. I sampled the meatballs when they got done. The flavor had a more balanced flavor after it went through the Instant Pot. Try and see if that works over there.

Big Grin 3

I'm off to get the ingredients to cook Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables albino

Instant Pot Recipes Instant-pot-recipe-homestyle-chicken-and-potatoes

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-homestyle-chicken-and-vegetables/

I'll let you know how it turned out Hot
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Instant Pot Recipes Empty Re: Instant Pot Recipes

Post  Carol Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Love this thread Swanny. :biggrin3:

Instant Pot Pot Roast (Best Ever)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYSkXYq-oI

Begin with yellow onions sliced up long ways into wedges

Set aside 3 lb rump or chuck roast

Mix together salt, black pepper, dried parsley, thyme, dried rosemary, onion powder and garlic powder and cover roast with it on all sides

2 t black pepper
    1 1/2 t Kosher salt
    1 1/2 t Laurie’s Season salt
    1/2 T Dried parsley
    1 t Garlic powder
    1 t Thyme
    1 t Rosemary
    1 t Onion powder

2T olive oil into instant pot 2-3 min
    Push saute button (30 min)

Sear each side for about 1 minute

Take out and transfer to plate
    Add 1 T salted butter and deglaze pot
    Add onions let cook about 2 min coat onions with seasonings 2-3 minutes
    Add
    1 T sliced garlic
    2T Worcestershire sauce
    6 oz portobellos mushroom
    2 c beef broth
    1 cup merlot
    8 oz baby carrots (foiled wrapped)
    1 lb baby white potatoes (foiled wrapped)

Cancel old setting, then hit pressure cook for 1 hour, 15 min natural please then quick release.

Remove the 2 foiled veggies packages with tongs

Remove pot roast to cutting board.

Cancel on pot an go to Saute

Add 3T cornstarch 3T water slurs

Au Jus gravy mix

Then lay on plate to rub entire roast in it making sure all of the edges are coated with seasonings.

Add olive oil to Instant Pot and give some heat.

Place roast in heated oil and sear for 1 minute on one side then flip over and sear other side. Then transfer to plate and set aside.

Add a little butter to pot to deglaze the bottom of the pot.

Add onions in the pot cooking, deglazing, add in some sliced garlic
    Then add Worcestershire sauce continue to deglaze and get food off the bottom of pot.

Place trivet on top of onions, place roast on top of trivet fatty side-up
    Top with Portobello mushrooms pour beef froth over everything in pot. Add dry red wine. Add some baby potties wrapped in foil.
    Add baby carrots wrapped in foil.

Secure lid cook at high pressure. When done remove foil pouches with tongs and set aside.

Remove trivet with roast on it then flip onto cutting board..

Start heat in instant pot so sauce bubbles and a little slurry of equal parts cornstarch and cold water. Mix together.

Open foiled potatoes and carrots and dump them in the pot, let simmer for a minute - then add cornstarch slurry, stir. Bring to bubble and turn off.

Cut roast into chunks / slices and add to the sauce in pot allowing meat to soak up gravy sauce - then transfer to serving bowl

This pot roast would go great with Artisan French bread.

Bread recipe - NO KNEADING

if you love those round crusty french bread types of artisian breads, hot out of the oven and you have no time. THIS is a recipe for you!

Here is the recipe from the nyt:
    [link to www.nytimes.com]
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=1

above is a video on how to make it.

all you will need is a dutch oven (like a big 4 quart metal pot you make stew in) with lid

get a bowl. throw in 3 cups of flour
    1 3/4th cup of warm water
    1/4 tsp yeast
    1 1/4th tsp salt

I use a spatula to mix it up or you can mix that all up with your hands. do it fast you don't need to be perfect about it.
    cover the bowl with saran wrap!

that's it then.

Let it sit somewhere warmish for around 24 hours. it really doesn't matter too much if it's 18 hours or 23 hours. just somewhere in there. 24 is easy to remember.

The next day, preheat your oven to 450 F. with the pot IN the oven heating with it. This is an important step because when you pour your dough into the pot then it kind of seals it immediately and stops it from sticking.

You may need something else to stop the bread from sticking to the pan. So throw in at the bottom of the pan in a good covered layer some corn meal, or oatmeal, or muesli, or any course type grain you want on your bread. sesame seeds, poppy seeds whatever. Or cut a piece of parchment paper and put on bottom. Generally I haven’t needed anything but this last loaf stuck and I think because the pan’s surface was damaged. DO NOT USE OIL. Pan needs to stay dry until time to pour dough into it.

Take the HOT pot out of the oven and with a spatula just get the dough from the bowl (that's been sitting around for a day bubbling with yeasty tasty goodness) in there fast. don't make a big ordeal about it. don't worry if it's shaped funny, it will all even out when it cooks.

Bake it with the lid on for 35 - 40 minutes - turn oven off -
    then take lid off and bake another 10 or 15.

That's it. it's should pop straight out of your pot onto the counter to cool!

+++

i have made variations of this recipe where i added cocoa powder and sugar (it's not like a chocolate muffin but more like a biscotti)

i have made a variation where i added raisins, cinnamon and molasses

i have made one where i have throw in in almonds and sesame seeds and dried fruit like figs or dates.
    or sometimes just mixed nuts.

i have substituted flour with cream of wheat!
    i have done it with a sourdough starter.

you can do 1/2 wheat and half corn flour
    or 1/2 wheat and some rye.
    anything goes!

Just mix it up, let it sit, and bake.
    voila.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:33 am

Instant Pot Recipes Instant-Pot-Orange-Chicken-4
    Instant Pot Orange Chicken – 30 Minutes [Video]
    https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/instant-pot-orange-chicken/

Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. Made with fresh orange juice and orange zest for great flavor.

Author: Catalina Castravet
    Serves: 6 servings

Prep time: 15 minutes
    Cook time: 15 minutes
    Total time: 30 mins

Ingredients

2 lbs  chicken breast or thighs  (cut into 1-2 inch pieces)
    2 tablespoons  vegetable oil
    Sauce:
    1 cup  orange juice  (no sugar added)
    1 tablespoon  ginger  (grated)
    6 cloves  garlic*  (minced)
    1 tablespoon  rice wine  (or dry white wine**)
    1/2 cup  tomato sauce  (optional)
    ¼ cup  granulated sugar
    ¼ cup  brown sugar
    ¼ cup  lite soy sauce
    1 tablespoon  Sriracha***
    zest from 1 orange
    Cornstarch Slurry:
    2 tablespoons  cornstarch
    2 tablespoons  orange juice
    Garnish:
    4  green onions  (sliced)
    extra orange zest

Instructions

It is important for the chicken not to have any extra moisture, dry it with a few paper towels and after that cut the chicken into 1-2 inch chunks.

Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté -> click on the Adjust button -> select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.

Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, add the chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until it just starts to get golden. When sautéing it, stir constantly so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

Also, after you sauté the chicken, check if bits stuck to the bottom, in that case, deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup orange juice and scrape them with a wooden spoon. If you leave the bits stuck to the bottom, they may burn or cause the pot not to come to pressure.

If you want a truly golden-brown chicken, brown it on the stove top, as the Instant Pot isn't really good for that.
    Add the Sauce ingredients to the pot: remaining 3/4 cups of orange juice, minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, white sugar, brown sugar, rice wine, orange zest and Sriracha sauce. You can skip the Sriracha sauce or add more if you prefer your food on the spicier side.

Add the tomato sauce if you are using it. The tomato sauce adds a tanginess to the overall sweet recipe, and it makes it taste more savory. It is based on your own preference. I like it both ways: with and without the sauce. You can use less, or completely leave it out if you want a pure orange aroma.

Stir gently until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce.

Close lid, select Manual, and select 5 minutes on High Pressure. Make sure the vent is closed.

Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure by opening the vent. Open the lid.

Select again the Sauté function, on LOW. In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with the orange juice, whisk until all combined with no lumps.

Add the mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook on Sauté function for a few more minutes, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.

If you want the sauce even thicker, mix one more tablespoon of cornstarch with orange juice and add it to the pot.
    Let the Orange Chicken stand for 5-7 minutes, the sauce will thicken more.

Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and extra orange zest.

Notes:
    *I love the extra garlic in this dish, for some people it may be too much, you can use 3-4 cloves only, if you are not a huge garlic fan.

Directions

Saute the Chicken in the Pressure Cooker: Turn the Instant Pot ON and select “sauté” mode, adjust heat to more. Then, add the oil to the hot pot, and add the chicken and sauté for about 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until it just starts to get golden. It is important when sautéing it, to stir constantly so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. NOTE: You can also sauté the meat in a skillet over the stove.

Make the sauce and add it to the meat: Once the meat is browned, add all the sauce ingredients to it in the pot along with the tomato sauce. Stir gently, and close the lid. Select manual, and select 5 minutes on High Pressure. Make sure the vent is closed. After, allow a 10-minute natural pressure release.

Add the cornstarch and cook for a few more minutes: Evenly add the cornstarch to the mix, and gently stir, until all the ingredients are combined, and there are no lumps. Close the lid, and cook on Sauté function for a few more minutes, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens.

How to avoid the “burn notice”?
    In some cases, you might end up getting the “burn notice” while sauteeing the meat. To avoid this issue in the Pressure Cooker, ensure that there are no browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan after sautéeing food. Also, I love to deglaze it with some liquid and gently scraping up the browned bits with a wooden spoon.

What is best to serve with orange chicken?
    We love serving it with Instant Pot white rice or any type of brown rice
    Vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus or bok choy
    Noodles

Can orange chicken be made in your crockpot?
    This dish can also be made in your Crockpot or in the Instant Pot using the Slow Cooker function. Add browned chicken to the Slow Cooker, add the orange mixture except for the slurry. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

Make the slurry, gently stir it in and cook on high for 20 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!

How to make stir fried orange chicken?
    If you like to make this Chinese inspired dish the traditional way, you could easily make it on the stovetop. We have the crispy Panda Express Orange Chicken version of this recipe as well and can be found by clicking this link.

How to make orange zest?
    Rinse the orange.

Set your tool over a cutting board. A microplane produces a very fine zest, perfect for baking and cooking. If you don’t have a microplane, use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater.

Grate the skin of the orange only. Grate just enough to get through the orange skin, this way you can avoid the bitter white pith underneath.

Rotate the orange and repeat. Once the white pith is exposed, rotate the orange and zest the next strip of peel. Repeat until most of the peel is removed, or until you have enough zest for your recipe.

Serve: Enjoy it warm with some white or brown rice.

What is a 10 minutes natural pressure release?
    A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve.

A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel-cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.

Recipe tips:
    I always say this, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic chicken breasts.
    I used No Sugar Added Orange juice since the recipe already asks for sugar. If you want to use sweetened orange juice I would say to reduce the added sugar, taste and adjust.

The tomato sauce is optional, it adds a nice tangy flavor if you prefer that.

Using fresh orange zest is key and please don’t skip this step, it will add amazing flavor.

Cornstarch is a key ingredient in here, do not try to replace it with flour, the results will not be the same.

When it comes to adding the cornstarch, I recommend mixing the cornstarch with orange juice until dissolved and add the slurry to the Instant Pot at the end to thicken the sauce.

If the sauce is too runny, mix another 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch with water and add it to the Instant Pot. Please note, that the sauce will get thicker with time, so definitely wait a bit before adding more cornstarch.

You can also taste and adjust the sugar in this recipe, I like my Orange Chicken on the sweeter side, but you can use less.
    Sriracha sauce is optional, I like the nice kick of heat that it adds, you can add more or less as you please.

For extra flavor add 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger!

Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe:

Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function.

Cornstarch – I prefer using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken sauces, and this organic brand is my favorite.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 am

Instant Pot Recipes Instant-Pot-Tuscan-Chicken-Pasta-3
    Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta [VIDEO]
    VIDEO: https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/instant-pot-tuscan-chicken-pasta/

Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is very easy to make, creamy and delicious with perfect juicy chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. The end result is a very creamy and cheesy pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, chicken and spinach.

Easy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
    Serves: 4 servings

Prep time: 10 minutes
    Cook time: 20 minutes
    Total time: 30 mins
    Ingredients

Chicken:
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon paprika
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 regular boneless (skinless chicken breasts (or 4 smaller ones))

Pasta:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 small onion (chopped)
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
    1 cup sun dried tomatoes (drained and roughly chopped)
    2 cups chicken broth (water or veggie broth)
    1 cup evaporated canned milk
    3 cups shell pasta
    8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
    1 1/2 cups parmesan (grated)
    4-5 cups fresh spinach

Instructions

Add salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder to a large shallow bowl and stir to combine.

Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Once the IP is hot, add the oil.

Toss chicken in the seasoning mix to coat on both sides and add to the hot oil.

Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside on a plate, cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm.

If needed add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot still in Sauté mode.

Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add Italian seasoning and chopped sun dried tomatoes, stir to combine.

Add chicken broth and using a wooden spoon, scrape well the bottom of the pot, trying to remove any bits that stuck to it.
    Add the pasta and evaporated milk. Stir gently and top with the chicken breasts.

Cover and seal the lid. Make sure the valve points to Sealed. Change setting to manual and adjust time to 4 minutes on High Pressure.

Once Instant Pot beeps to show that it's done, do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to Vent. Carefully remove cover.

Remove chicken from pot, and set aside on a cutting board. Cover with foil.

Select Sauté mode and add the cubed cream cheese. Gently stir to combine for 1 minute.

Add the parmesan cheese and gently stir to combine for 1 minute.

Add the spinach and stir to combine.

Turn off the pressure cooker.

Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the pot, gently give everything a final stir.
    Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:23 am

Instant Pot Mongolian Beef

Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 20 minutes / Total time: 30 mins

Ingredients

1-1.5 pounds  flank steak  (, sliced across the grain)
    1 tablespoon  cornstarch
    1 tablespoons  extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 cup  brown sugar  (or 2/3 cups I prefer the version with more sugar)
    10 cloves  garlic  (, minced)
    1 tablespoon  fresh ginger  (, minced)
    1/2 cup  lite soy sauce
    1 cup  water
    1 tablespoon  rice wine
    1 teaspoon  red pepper flakes
    Cornstarch Slurry:
    2 tablespoons  cornstarch
    1/2 cup  water

Garnish:
    1/4 cup  green onions  (, chopped)
    1 teaspoon  sesame seeds

Instructions

Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté -> click on the Adjust button -> select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.

Add sliced beef to a large ziplock bag, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and shake well to coat the beef evenly.

Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, once the oil is hot, add the beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. If needed brown the beef in batches, you don't want to add too much as it will start releasing juice and it won't brown well.

Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!

If bits of beef stuck to the pot, add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pot. Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. You can discard that liquid if wanted.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice wine, and red pepper flakes. You can add less sugar, based on your taste and preference.

Stir well until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce.

Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure after the 10 mins NPR. Open the lid.

Make the cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the Instant Pot on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the Instant Pot and let the Mongolian Beef sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, in this time the sauce will settle and thicken more.

Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds.

How to make instant pot mongolian beef?

Coat the beef: In a large ziplock bag, toss the beef with cornstarch before cooking. Ensure that the meat is evenly coated. This is known as velveting and creates the most tender meat.

Sear the meat: Add oil to the pot, and using the “saute” function of your pressure cooker, brown the beef and sear for a few minutes on each side. Do in batches, and repeat the step with the remaining oil and meat.

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook: Lastly, add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice wine, and red pepper flakes. Then, close the lid and cook on high pressure, and cook for 10 minutes.

Optional* add the cornstarch slurry: This part is optional if you want a thicker consistency. Simply, mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl until fully combined, and add it to the IP and cook for an additional 2 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally.

Serve: Best to serve warm over white rice. Top it with fresh green onions, and garnish with sesame seeds.

What kind of beef is best to use for mongolian beef?
    Choose a type of beef that is quickly cooked such as flank steak or sirloin. This recipe usually calls for flank steak, that is thinly sliced to about 1/4 inch thick. However, you can also use more expensive cuts such as filet. Avoid tougher beef like stewing meat.

Can i substitute chicken for beef for this dish?
    Yes, chicken or pork is a great alternative for beef in many recipes including this one. The cooking time will also vary best on the cut that you choose. The chicken recipe can be found on Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken.

What is best to serve with mongolian beef?
    White or Brown Rice
    Vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus or bok choy
    Noodles

What wines pair well with mongolian beef?
    A nice, fruity red wine such as Zinfandel or Syrah will pair nicely with the flavors in this beef dish.
    If you’re looking for a white option, Riesling or Pinot Grigio are always great matches for bold, somewhat spicy dishes.

Instant pot mongolian beef recipe tips:
    Use quality meat. I always say this, but a good meat-centered meal starts with quality meat, preferably use organic beef for this meal.

Also, the best cut of meat for Mongolian Beef is a flank steak. In addition, it is easier to cut it into thin strips. I like to slice mine about 1/4 inch thick.

You can definitely cut the beef very thinly as it is served in restaurants. I personally prefer to cut it a little thicker, so don’t be afraid to experiment. Important to remember, when slicing your flank steak make sure to slice it against the grain.

Do not overcrowd the pan when browning the meat. You want to get a crisp texture, so do it in batches.

Traditionally, the beef in this recipe should be fried in lots of oil to make it very, very crispy, I decided to reduce the oil, sugar and all the frying in this recipe to make it healthier.

Cornstarch is a key ingredient in here, do not try to replace it with flour, the results will not be the same.

I used a LOT of garlic in this recipe, we love garlic in our family and I think it works really well with the sweet and salty flavors. Feel free to useless if you are not a huge garlic fan.

Red pepper flakes – you can use more if you would like the meal to be spicier.

Using fresh ginger and garlic will add amazing flavor and taste to the sauce.

Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe:

Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function

Cornstarch – I prefer using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken sauces, and this organic brand is my favorite

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm

I'm really surprised cyclops

I cooked the Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables from above.
    I didn't weigh my ingredients, cooked them for 6 minutes but when I opened the pot the chicken looked pink so I put it back on and gave it another 5 minutes

It was delicious cheers Big Grin 2
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Swanny wrote:I'm really surprised cyclops

I cooked the Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables from above.
    I didn't weigh my ingredients, cooked them for 6 minutes but when I opened the pot the chicken looked pink so I put it back on and gave it another 5 minutes

It was delicious cheers Big Grin 2

Dear Swanny now that you learn to be a Chef in the kitchen I've a feeling that  sweetheart of yours to be is on her way.
    The smell you know of these meals ... cheers sunny
    Keep on practicing I love you

Love from me
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Haha maybe she will smell my super chicken stew and come running Jenneta I'll open the window next time I cook flower

My steel pot has a concave base, is anyone elses like that? scratch Maybe it's a bit weird like its owner Bleh
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:35 am

Nope. Flat bottom Swanny. I tried the pot roast - outstanding.

The Mongolian beef tip.. make sure you have the light soy sauce or cut the ingredient by half and the other half water as it's very salty. I added broccoli, cooked separately where you have the broccoli in the water and turn it up to boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil take it off the heat. And then we had it over wide egg noodles. Delicious.

The Tuscan Chicken pasta will be the next experiment - although spouse probably would prefer the Orange Chicken.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9mEpLvrzk
    Instant Pot Keto Cheesecake ~ 1st Place Winner !!!

Line bottom of pan with parchment paper

Crust
    2 cups ground almonds,
    5 tbsp melted butter
    freeze prior to pouring filling in

Filling
    16 oz cream cheese (microwave 1 minute to soften)
    1 cup sour cream
    2/3 cup (powder) stevia
    2 eggs (beat up)
    2 pinches salt
    1 tbsp vanilla

Topping
    1/2 cup sour cream
    2 tbsp stevia

* instant pot 6 qt duo with 1 cup water
    * 28 min @ high
    * 10 min rest
    * fat daddio 6x3 inch spring form pan ~ From Amazon

Put in fridge overnight to set

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Mate-Stevia-Purpose-Sweetener/dp/B00F3CWIO6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=stevia+sweetener+1+for+1&qid=1580948056&sr=8-4

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 pm

I making the Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables again Very Happy
    rendeer

Description

Well seasoned chicken, green beans, red potatoes and carrots are all cooked together quickly in your electric pressure cooker. A true one pot meal that is family friendly, tastes amazing and is so easy to put together.
    Scale
    Ingredients

1/2 cup water
    1 3/4 lbs uncooked thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1/2 pound baby carrots (the thicker kind) or whole peeled carrots
    1 lb fresh green beans
    1 1/2 lbs red potatoes
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp crushed rosemary
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp paprika
    2 Tbsp olive oil

Instructions

Add water to the Instant Pot.
    Prepare your chicken by cutting off excess fat and then cutting the chicken into bite size pieces. Add the chicken to the pot.
    Prepare your vegetables. Peel your carrots. Wash your green beans and trim off the ends. Cut them in half. Wash your potatoes and cut the red potatoes in half (for firmer) or in quarters (for soft). Add all the vegetables to the pot.
    Sprinkle in the salt, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika and olive oil. Use a large spoon to toss everything together and to distribute the seasonings.
    Cover the pot and secure the lid. Set valve to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 5 minutes. When the pot beeps indicating that the time is up let the pot sit there for 5-10 minutes and then perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting.
    Open the pot and scoop the chicken and veggies onto serving plates. Eat and enjoy!

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-homestyle-chicken-and-vegetables/
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sat May 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Quiet in here. Have you all stopped cooking flower

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:23 am