tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:14 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! 7_resize

New Years Eve at our home in Hawaii

Aloha.

Last evening, December 31st, my husband, daughter and I set about preparing for our traditional New Year’s Eve Celebration. At dusk, my husband brought the comfy chairs we got from our friends out onto the driveway, while our daughter got the fire works carefully laid out on the back of the truck bed. She had the hand held fire starter ready to use to set them all off preparing to light them as soon as it got dark. I sat down to watch the show and was covering up to keep from being bitten by mosquitos. My husband was all excited for the display to start as all of us were. Our daughter took the first cone shaped fire incinerary and ceremoniously set it down in the middle of the driveway, clicking the fire starter. With flame ignited she lit it and carefully backed away. We watched in anticipation as the flame flickered waiting for it to burst into a display of light, crackles and pops…. waiting….waiting…waiting as the glow sadly continued to dwindle. Nothing. It fizzled out. Our daughter slowly walked up to it and tried to ignite it again… nothing. The same pattern continued for the next 2 cones… same thing. Dudes! Not accepting defeat, Our daughter handed me a sparkler and lit the end. It too burned downed to the good part and fizzled. Mind you this is probably the first year we were out there to celebrate and it DIDN’T RAIN.

Thinking we needed a better way to light the fire works the two of them came up with a brilliant plan - a blow torch. My husband dragged out the propane tank so that he could use it. Are you getting the picture yet? Meanwhile, Our daughter has a thumb size spinner she is lighting up with success, except she was too close and wearing sandals so started running in circles away from it while it chased her with sparks, lights, popping noises and putting on a great show for such a little bit of a cracker while she quickly ran to stand behind me and my chair. By now my husband finally has the blow torch going with 2-3 feet of flame arching across the drive way in his attempt to light the first 3 dudes.

Not to be outdone our daughter is now throwing those little noise pops down onto the driveway with their wee flash and pops… and lit a smoke bomb. Realizing all the smoke was headed my direction she jumped into the mist of it doing some type of crazy dance jumping up and own waving arms and legs attempting to redirect the smoke so that I’m not enveloped in the stinky smoky mass.

My husband, holding the flame thrower was still attempting light the 3 dudes with little success… not to go down in defeat he kept creeping closer and closer to the targets, while increasing the flame’s arch in his attempt to set the dudes off. By this point he is almost on top of them giving them all he’s got when suddenly the force of the flame topples them. They fall over onto their sides with the exterior bursting into pathetic flames.. no flash, bang, ooo, ahhh or pop. In fact, the blow torch put on the better show.

Our daughter ended the evenings celebratory entertainment lighting a few more spinners that lit up the driveway popping, sparking, spinning along while letting her dad know he bought her “crap” fireworks. It was the $12.50 set. All in all we had a good laugh and promised to find something a bit better for the next time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WITH MUCH LOVE AND ALOHA,

Carol

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! Empty Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:02 am

In case you missed it:  2016 Times Square Ball Drop - Times Square | New Years Eve 2016

https://youtu.be/bD9L9TmEkGk

FULL | Dubai New Year Fireworks, Burj Khalifa JAN. 1ST 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjjtM11IIOs

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flCEtZv_L-8
    London Fireworks on New Year's Day 2016 - NEW YEARS (2016) EVE FIREWORKS - LONDON

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdrpcQ5xhzY
    JAN 1ST 2016 NEW YEARS EVE FIREWORKS- Sydney

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7zoukwTFA
    New Year Song 2016 | Happy New Year Songs Instrumental Music with Fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb9MA_r6h8s
    2016 New Orleans Fireworks - New Year's Eve

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMi35ILntI
    2015 China Hong Kong New Year Fireworks Display Trailer 2015 年 中國香港 煙火

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsKnPDeU9vI
    長岡花火大会2012年2日間の総集編 Fireworks the most beautiful in the japan.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:56 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! MonksSkyLanterns

Bhakti -- Love, Light and Sound on the Path

"Meet a Satguru and receive his [or her] initiation. Surrender thine all and gaze within." (Guru Nanak)

"We have only one consciousness stream. When we associate with Truth, we ascend upwards, and when we associate with untruth we fall down." (Acharya Tulsi)

There is a strange tree, which stands without roots and bears fruits without blossoming;
    It has no branches and no leaves, it is lotus all over.
    Two birds sing there; one is the Guru, and the other the disciple:

The disciple chooses the manifold fruits of life and tastes them,
    and the Guru beholds him in joy.

What Kabir says is hard to understand:

"The bird is beyond seeking, yet it is most clearly visible.
    The Formless is in the midst of all forms.
    I sing the glory of forms."

-- Guru Kabir, Songs of Kabir

http://santmatradhasoami.blogspot.com/2013/01/bhakti-love-light-and-sound-on-path.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! RUMIEntranceDoorBG

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am