tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
Vidya Moksha
TRANCOSO
6 posters

Personality Test

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Personality Test Empty Personality Test

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 am

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Personality Test Empty Re: Personality Test

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:24 am

I dont usually like yes or no answers, things are rarely that simple?

anyways, this was a little easy to reply to.

INTP :)

no idea what that means..
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:31 am

I've done this once before, but don't remember the result.

Not is shows ENTJ to me.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:37 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:I dont usually like yes or no answers, things are rarely that simple?

anyways, this was a little easy to reply to.

INTP :)

no idea what that means..

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

by Joe Butt

Profile: INTP
    Revision: 3.2
    Date of Revision: 6 Aug 2010

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding:
    - whether or not there should be such a group,
    - exactly what such a group should be called, and
    - which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

A Functional Analysis

Introverted Thinking
    Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.

Extraverted iNtuition
    Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.

Introverted Sensing
    Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.

Extraverted Feeling
    Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.

Famous INTPs:
    Socrates
    Rene Descartes
    Blaise Pascal
    Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
    James Madison
    John Quincy Adams
    John Tyler
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
    C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
    William James
    Albert Einstein
    Tom Foley (1989-1995: Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
    Henri Mancini
    Bob Newhart
    Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
    Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
    Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
    Tiger Woods
    Fictional INTPs
    Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
    Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
    Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

Copyright © 1996-2010 Joe Butt

Anyone who thinks (s)he is an INTP is invited to join one of these INTP fora:
    http://intpforum.com
    http://www.cheshirecat.net/mailman/listinfo/intp
    http://intp-list.org/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/intpopen/
    http://www.intpcentral.com
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/intp-type/
    Chat with fellow INTPs at the INTP forum by PersonalityCafe.

Type Relationships for INTPs:
    Identity
    Pal
    Complement
    Contrast
    Supplement
    Anima
    Suitemate
    Cohort
    Companion
    Tribesman
    Advisor
    Pedagogue
    Enigma
    Novelty
    Neighbor
    Counterpart

Source: http://typelogic.com/intp.html
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:43 am

malletzky wrote:I've done this once before, but don't remember the result.

Not is shows ENTJ to me.
    I nicked it from PA1.

Go to: http://typelogic.com/intp.html for a full report on ENTJ
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 am

INFJ: the counselor

Introverted:67
    Intuitive:12
    Feeling:62
    Judging: 1

Love Always
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:48 am

ENFJ

Qualitative analysis of your type formula:

You are:

moderately expressed extravert
    distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    distinctively expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

Note: have taken this test several times over the years. The results are consistent. The only part I don't like is the judging personality. Am I judging myself now? How can I stop? Oh, help! I know, I'll blame my mother. She is actually a Judge. As they say, "The Nut Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree."
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:07 am

Jung?

This test is the Myers-Briggs personality type test. I don't know what it has to do with Jung.

It is taught to a lot of senior managers. I went on one of the courses where this is used to show you how you relate in teams, and what your inferior functions (stress response) are so you can catch yourself when you are under stress.

I was INTP - fairly polarised on the I, just tipped the balance on the other three.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 am

Trancoso: I noticed that you did not post any results for yourself. So, spill, dude.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:43 am

ok, i see more now.. I am stronger in introvert and intuition and only scrape a positive result in Thinking and feeling..

I could apply this test to my 'work' me and my 'real' me and get 2 different results..

also i can perceive of many changes over time, i was a lot more thinking and less feeling in my younger days for sure..

these tests are a little limited but fun anyway
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 am

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
    by Marina Margaret Heiss

Profile: INTJ
    Revision: 3.1
    Date of Revision: 17 Oct 2009

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

Functional Analysis
    by Joe Butt

Introverted iNtuition
    INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.

Extraverted Thinking
    Thinking in this auxiliary role is a workhorse. Closure is the payoff for efforts expended. Evaluation begs diagnosis; product drives process. As they come to light, Thinking tends, protects, affirms and directs iNtuition's offspring, fully equipping them for fulfilling and useful lives. A faithful pedagogue, Thinking argues not so much on its own behalf, but in defense of its charges. And through this process these impressionable ideas take on the likeness of their master.

Introverted Feeling
    Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul.

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing serves with a good will, or not at all. As other inferior functions, it has only a rudimentary awareness of context, amount or degree. Thus INTJs sweat the details or, at times, omit them. "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts" could well have been said by an INTJ on a mission. Sensing's extraverted attitude is evident in this type's bent to savor sensations rather than to merely categorize them. Indiscretions of indulgence are likely an expression of the unconscious vengeance of the inferior.

Famous INTJs:
    Susan B. Anthony
    Lance Armstrong
    Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
    Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus)
    Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
    Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)
    William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
    William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Raymond Burr (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
    Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)
    Katie Couric
    Phil Donahue
    Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
    Richard Gere (Pretty Woman)
    Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor
    Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
    Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
    Veronica Hamel (Hill Street Blues)
    Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote)
    Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV
    Peter Jennings
    Charles Everett Koop
    Ivan Lendl
    C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
    Joan Lunden
    Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
    Martina Navratilova
    Michelle Obama
    General Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State
    Charles Rangel, US Representative, D-N.Y.
    Pernell Roberts (Bonanza)
    Donald Rumsfeld, former US Secretary of Defense
    Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State
    Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
    Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)

U.S. Presidents:
    Chester A. Arthur
    Calvin Coolidge
    Thomas Jefferson
    John F. Kennedy
    James K. Polk
    Woodrow Wilson

Fictional:
    Cassius (Julius Caesar)
    Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
    Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
    Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
    Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
    Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
    Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
    George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
    Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

Copyright © 1996-2010 by Marina Margaret Heiss and Joe Butt
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:54 am

Trancoso: Aha! That explains a lot! He he. Much Love, Linda.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 am

TRANCOSO wrote:Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

Fictional:

hey! i want to see how they scored gandalf geek study scratch Blowdup
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    TRANCOSO wrote:Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

Fictional:

hey! i want to see how they scored gandalf geek study scratch Blowdup
    Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

Bon appetite!
    Naughty
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 am

Okay, Hannibal the Cannibal: When are we going to see your photo? A real one. I'm not afraid...why should you be?

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 am