tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus Empty Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus

Post  Carol Thu May 07, 2015 11:03 pm

PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. - The City of Paradise Valley has added cactus with cameras in them over the past few days, but residents have no idea why, and the city doesn't want to talk about them. About two dozen fake cactus already serve as cover for cell towers, but some people were alarmed to see cameras being place in cactus around town. While town leaders didn't initially want to talk with us about the cameras, we did end up getting some explanation.

If you look close enough at the cactus as you drive through Paradise Valley and you might see some "cact-eyes" looking back.

"I've lived here for 30 years, and I've never seen cameras in a saguaro before," said Randy Evans.

One cactus camera was installed at the roundabout near 40th Street and Standford on Tuesday.

"There were these guys on ladders, these were 3 1/2 foot ladders, and they work working on the top of the cactus, putting the cactus together, a fake cactus," said Susanne Chamberlain.

Residents are now curious what the cameras will be used for.

"Your guess is as good as mine," said Evans.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus Empty Re: Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri May 08, 2015 3:09 am

Is it really that farfetched to assume that we are watched and listened-to 24/7 -- electronically and/or supernaturally?? I grew-up being taught that I had a "Guardian Angel" who was with me all the time. That might be comforting to a child -- but what about having one's "Guardian Angel" watching them shower, poop, pick their nose, scratch their @$$, and have sex?? I assume that the microphone and camera on my laptop can be accessed by who-knows-who? at any time -- with or without an internet-connection. Sometimes I swear-at and flip-off whoever might be observing me through my computer!! I've even taped-off the microphone and camera on one of my laptops!! I've had messages placed in the word-processor within my laptop -- with some sort of backdoor-access. I've had quoted-material in that same word-processor highlighted with bold-print -- again through some sort of backdoor-access. I feel a bit abused and gay (by "Backdoor-Bubba" in this "Prison-Planet") -- if you know what I mean...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus Empty Re: Hidden Cact-Eye: Paradise Valley installs cameras in cactus

Post  Carol Fri May 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Aloha Oxy,

This article cracked me up which is why I posted it. A camera in a saguaro cactus? Too funny. Is this the new "monitor driver tourist" trap? That they would even identify why these were being installed was a bit mysterious. scratch I was surprised that they didn't have a solar panel sticking out the top collecting energy. lol!

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:01 am