tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough

mudra
    mudra

Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough Empty Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough

Post  mudra Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough Soothing-and-Calming-Shower-Melts-for-Cold-and-Flu

A friend recently asked if I had a DIY recipe for a natural version of shower soothers (a menthol infused shower tablet that helps with cough and congestion). She said that her favorite ones had been discontinued and she was looking for a cheaper and better homemade option.
    I had never used them but the idea seemed great! I researched and found that there are some great natural options already available for purchase:

Homemade Shower Melts:

I wanted a recipe that would combine the best properties of both and realized I already had the base recipe from my homemade bath bombs.
    I also had some essential oils and menthol crystals on hand from my homemade pain relief lotion bars and homemade vapor rub so I played around with proportions and found a great combination that is excellent for clearing out sinuses. I’ve also thought about experimenting with these in a bath for sore muscles but haven’t tried it yet.
    I made these in little silicon candy molds and stored them in a glass jar for easy use if we get hit by a cold this year. I also tried one in the shower because it smells lovely!
    If you didn’t want to make these for cold and flu with strong oils, they could also be made with lavender or rose or citrus for an aromatherapy shower anytime!
    NOTE: Please use caution with products like menthol and strong essential oils like peppermint or eucalyptus on small children. As a general rule, I personally use these only on children 2+ and I dilute them but check with a qualified health practitioner or aromatherapist before using anything on small children!

How to Use Them:

Place one on the floor of the shower when you begin your shower. It will dissolve and release essential oils and menthol into the air while you shower.

find recipe Arrow http://wellnessmama.com/24777/soothing-shower-melts/

Love Always
    mudra

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough Empty Re: Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Thank you, mudra, wonderful to make use of essential oils this way.
    Also your recepee for a Stevia extract is a practical way of sweetening food and drink Thubs Up

I love essential oils and learned some new things about sandalwood, lately.
    I can feel a clearance in my energy field, when smelling sandalwood
    and I know of Indian wisdom, referring to this oil from slow growing trees,
    saying that it's soothing and comforting in states of anxiety and in an overload
    of impressions in the 6th chakra, the 3rd eye area.

When applying a little sandalwood oil, maybe diluted a bit, on the forehead,
    in a cross shaped motion, you may have a sense of relief, after an active and full day,
    or during pretty intense surfing online, finding refreshment from a "wave" of sandalwood.

I like to light a waxine candle under a glass dish with water and fragrance
    oil, now and than, to add a nice atmosphere to my living room.
    Usually it's summer rose I choose. Those by Neil's Yard Remedies are great.
    http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/
    Preparing them by yourself at home is a lot cheaper and possibly.... more fun.

Home made soothing shower melts for flu and cough Roses_10
    English roses at Rodmell Sussex UK

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:10 am