tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night

mudra
    mudra

I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night  Empty I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night

Post  mudra Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Strange lights in the sky

I would like to report a strange phenomena I witnessed in our Belgian sky last night ( night of sunday to monday ) :
    Around 1:30 in the morning as I was going to bed I noticed flickerings in the sky which was otherwise covered with clouds ( no stars to be seen at all ). Sensing this was coming from the other side of the house I went up there to watch what was taking place.

There I saw flashes of bright light starting on the left and spredding to the right on a recurring bases: like a flash every two seconds or so. At times I noticed sharp bolts in the sky too. However no sound of thundering at all. Absolute silence. No rain either . This went on , over same area always, right to left , uninterrupted and silent for hours. At around 3: 30 in the morning I decided to go to bed leaving curtains open and noticing the flashes were still going on as I could perceive them through my closed eyelids. Finally a little later as morning broke the flashes faded away.

What do you make of that ? Never seen anything like this before. Anyone here that had a similar experience or heard of one ?

Love from me
    mudra
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night  Empty Re: I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night

Post  RedEzra Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:16 am

It may have been an intra-cloud lightning ? Is often cloud-ground lightning that are thunderous. Don't think I've seen this myself but according to wiki is not so unusual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning#Cloud_to_cloud_.28CC.29_and_Intra-Cloud_.28IC.29 wrote:"This lightning can sometimes be observed at great distances at night as so-called "heat lightning". In such instances, the observer may see only a flash of light without hearing any thunder."
    mudra
    mudra

I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night  Empty Re: I was the witness of something rather unusual in our Belgian sky last night

Post  mudra Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Thank You  REDezra. Yes I am aware of that. The reason I found it odd is the consistency of the flashes ( only about 2 seconds apart, the duration of the phenoma ( about 3 hours in a row without a break) and always the same pattern from left to right from the place I was viewing it. Never saw anything like that before.
    Since than Belgium has been covered with heavy storms and thick hail from North to South every day. Also happened in the North of France.

Below is a video someone made of what happened in Belgium and it looks pretty much as what I have seen.
    This is dated 9th of june I would guess it's the one I saw around 1 o'clock in the morning that day and which lasted until morning broke.

9 juin 2014 orage silencieux.... Le temps des Silences
    ( 9th of june silent storm .... the time of silences
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtTNx-OX2w8

Also here : this was filmed at 3 o'clock in the morning over Brussels

Arrow http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_en-bref-gros-orages-sur-bruxelles-la-nuit-passee?id=1933838

This was so impressive !

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:41 am