tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
Mercuriel
mudra
6 posters

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues

mudra
    mudra

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues Empty Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues

Post  mudra Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:03 pm

The less people know about important complex issues such as the economy, energy consumption and the environment, the more they want to avoid becoming well-informed, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association.

And the more urgent the issue, the more people want to remain unaware, according to a paper published online in APA’s Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

“These studies were designed to help understand the so-called ‘ignorance is bliss’ approach to social issues,” said author Steven Shepherd, a graduate student with the University of Waterloo in Ontario. “The findings can assist educators in addressing significant barriers to getting people involved and engaged in social issues.”

Through a series of five studies conducted in 2010 and 2011 with 511 adults in the United States and Canada, the researchers described “a chain reaction from ignorance about a subject to dependence on and trust in the government to deal with the issue.”

In one study, participants who felt most affected by the economic recession avoided information challenging the government’s ability to manage the economy. However, they did not avoid positive information, the study said. This study comprised 197 Americans with a mean age of 35 (111 women and 89 men), who had received complex information about the economy and had answered a question about how the economy is affecting them directly

read on: http://theunboundedspirit.com/ignorance-is-bliss-study-shows-people-avoid-information-about-complex-social-issues/

Love Always
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues Empty Re: Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues

Post  Mercuriel Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Check This Out 
    -//-
    1 - Media: Keep the adult public attention diverted away from the real social issues, and captivated by matters of no real importance.
    -//-
    2 - Schools: Keep the young public ignorant of real mathematics, real economics, real law, and real history.
    -//-
    3 - Entertainment: Keep the public entertainment below a sixth-grade level.
    -//-
    4 - Work: Keep the public busy, busy, busy, with no time to think; back on the farm with the other animals.

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues Empty Re: Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:52 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues Ignorance-is-bliss_499179

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues Ignorance-is-Bliss-4-quarter

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:50 am

All I see in this thread is manifestations of polarized thinking, especially as those are given out as being by ‘teachers’ of the ‘truth’, becoming ‘spiritual’ dogma to so many.

Aren’t we taught that we should enjoy life in order to express positive energies into the world?  Even to using positive affirmations that suggest that nothing can harm us if we just have the right attitude……….the power of positive thinking; that what we put out is what we’ll receive?

We were all admonished to do this with December 2012 approaching, down to planning for a future we’d personally enjoy.  I’m sure all these ‘ignorant’ people that ignored the ‘doom and gloom’ were very happily going about doing exactly that.  If you believe in the dogma, it stands to reason to me that the majority continuing to think positively about the future by ignoring the 2012 prognostications, were doing exactly what was needed to prevent the destruction occurring.  They did it and continue to do it, often without the need to be told to by the ‘wise ones’.

Of course the opposite polarity is the ‘doom and gloom’ one that has us worrying about all the terrible things the government, the PTW, the ETs, etc are all doing to us behind our backs.  Fear promoting.  Is that really a good way to go when the ‘other’ spiritual teaching tells us to think positive and enjoy life and all will be OK?

Yes and before anyone says so, there is a balance between these two polarities, which I see as being aware of the negative side but focusing on and encouraging the positive.

But, to my mind, putting down those who choose not to focus on ‘all that’s wrong with the world’, inferring they are stupid and ignorant, is not really fair given that they are, in fact, mostly fulfilling the requirements of what’s expressed in the second and third paragraphs in their own way.  Who knows?  Maybe they are a balance to the ‘doom and gloomers’ in the world.

The ‘doom and gloom’ polarization can become very demeaning to others at times, not very ‘love and light’ and not positive thinking.   If you look at some of the responses above you will see it clearly.

Oh, and then think about this: http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t6780p30-the-legacy-of-thuban-omni-science-de-alpha-draconis-omega#98846
    getlikeme
    getlikeme

Post  getlikeme Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:10 am

People would rather know less because it makes them feel like they are not accountable, unfortunately that line of thinking is the opposite of what is true :\
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:54 am

If people avoid information about complex social issues -- the PTB ridicule their ignorance and stupidity. If people learn all they can about complex social issues -- the PTB sometimes think of these persons as being problems or threats (especially if they are vocal and articulate in a contrarian manner). Perhaps one should pursue Fame, Fortune, Power, and Pleasure in a Positive and Morally-Ambiguous Manner -- Giving People What They Want -- While Taking What They Have. Making a Big-Deal About Big-Deals seems to be a lost-cause and a threat to national-security (or something like that).
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:12 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:If people avoid information about complex social issues -- the PTB ridicule their ignorance and stupidity. If people learn all they can about complex social issues -- the PTB sometimes think of these persons as being problems or threats (especially if they are vocal and articulate in a contrarian manner). Perhaps one should pursue Fame, Fortune, Power, and Pleasure in a Positive and Morally-Ambiguous Manner -- Giving People What They Want -- While Taking What They Have. Making a Big-Deal About Big-Deals seems to be a lost-cause and a threat to national-security (or something like that).
    Ortho, you worry too much!

The PTB will never succeed in their plans to establish a New World Order, because the moment their goal comes in sight, they will start to fight with each other.

santa Beer 
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I have suggested some rather upsetting reasons why politics and religion have been so nasty and bloody throughout history. I am a friend and enemy of church and state. I have suggested deeply studying church and state on an ongoing basis -- and I have provided an unorthodox study-guide within this thread -- even though I remain a Completely Ignorant Fool. When I started the Amen Ra thread on the old Project Avalon site -- I said that I was trembling -- and I meant it. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18223&highlight=amen There are now 42,000 views -- which is nothing compared to a lot of the other threads. http://projectavalon.net/forum/search.php?searchid=3722693&pp=25&page=2 This tells me that I wasn't even close to getting it right. Some threads have over a million views!! http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8441&highlight=amen In a sense, that thread ruined my already ruined life. I actually preferred the old Project Avalon (before the Abraxasinas, Richard, Bill and Kerry drama and fiasco). http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18900&highlight=amen Perhaps someone should start a Project Avalon Reality Check website -- or even a thread on this website. I'd sort of like to see a cross between Project Avalon and The Mists of Avalon -- if you know what I mean!! Well, at the end of 2013, let me give you one more study-list, with a bit of an explanation:

1. Book of Enoch.
    2. Genesis.
    3. Job.
    4. Song of Solomon.
    5. Psalms.
    6. Proverbs.
    7. Isaiah.
    8. Ecclesiastes.
    9. Cleopatra to Christ by Ralph Ellis.
    10. Cleopatra (1963) with Elizabeth Taylor.
    11. The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965) with Charlton Heston.
    12. The Ring of Power (documentary).
    13. Rule by Secrecy -- Jim Marrs.
    14. The Gods of Eden -- William Bramley.
    15. Exo-Vaticana -- Chris Putnam and Thomas Horn.
    16. Gothic-Architecture and Sacred Classical Music.

Think in terms of an Ancient Hebrew-Egypt -- complete with high-technology and space-travel. Further, think of a Dysfunctional Bad@ss Hebrew-Egyptian Royal Family from Orion -- as sort of an East of Eden -- or East of Giza -- complete with Rebels Without a Clue. Then, think of Genesis occurring in the context of the Book of Enoch. Think of Job, Song of Solomon, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, and Ecclesiastes -- as being part of the story of Joseph, at the end of Genesis (37-50). Isn't it a bit odd that 25% of Genesis is devoted (more or less) to the story of Joseph?? Once again, consider the possibility that the stories are Historical-Fiction (containing fact and fiction). Think of Osiris, Isis, Horus, and Set as being that Royal Family (including the Archangels Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer). Just imagine that Exodus through Esther never happened -- just for the fun of it!! I'm NOT an Antisemitic Zionist-Conspiracy Theorist. I'm really not. I'm not particularly for or against the Modern State of Israel. I just think that in antiquity the Hebrews and Egyptians were EXTREMELY significant. When I watch Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1 -- I keep thinking in terms of Hebrews and Egyptians. Steven Spielberg was trying to tell us something in his Indiana Jones movies. The Hebrews, Masons, Nazis, Jesuits, Archangels, et al -- never seem to be too far away from each other. Even Alex Jones spoke with Jordan Maxwell about Teutonic-Zionism -- and knocking down that last door, and finding a bunch of Kabbalists and Nazis!! Mind you -- I have NO hatred or nasty agendas. I simply do not wish for this solar system to become one big asteroid-belt -- and I truly think that COULD happen in a matter of hours (if not minutes). BTW -- I have a Hebrew and a Roman name -- I am a "V" -- and I'm closely related to Anna!! Enough said about THAT!! Review this thread and the United States of the Solar System thread VERY carefully. I've said a lot -- yet I've beat around the burning-bush a lot. You can't just scan this stuff, and get it. You must be a dedicated researcher. In a sense, I've just created a research-laboratory with a particular-context. I haven't even come close to figuring this out -- and the Ancient Egyptian Deity said "You'll NEVER figure this out!!" We were somehow related -- but I don't know how -- that I wish to talk about anyway.
    TRANCOSO wrote:
    orthodoxymoron wrote:If people avoid information about complex social issues -- the PTB ridicule their ignorance and stupidity. If people learn all they can about complex social issues -- the PTB sometimes think of these persons as being problems or threats (especially if they are vocal and articulate in a contrarian manner). Perhaps one should pursue Fame, Fortune, Power, and Pleasure in a Positive and Morally-Ambiguous Manner -- Giving People What They Want -- While Taking What They Have. Making a Big-Deal About Big-Deals seems to be a lost-cause and a threat to national-security (or something like that).
    Ortho, you worry too much!

The PTB will never succeed in their plans to establish a New World Order, because the moment their goal comes in sight, they will start to fight with each other.

santa Beer
    Thank-you TRANCOSO. My theory is that the New World Order is thousands of years old -- and goes way back to Ancient-Egypt and Ancient-Rome. In other words, they're not setting up world-government. I frankly think that a One Solar System Government has existed for thousands, millions, or even billions of years. I sincerely doubt that we relatively recent Earth-Humans invented the idea of Global Governance or Solar System Governance. I simply think we are in the middle of a continuing battle for the control of this Solar System -- and possibly much, much more. The possibilities are driving me nuttier and nuttier each and every day. And yes, I worry too much. Giving a Damn -- Isn't Worth a Damn -- So I'm Leaving. I've started reading Murray Rothbard and Martin Heidegger. I've also planned half a dozen hobbies and activities for 2014 (and probably beyond) which have nothing to do with what I've tried to discuss on the internet. One more thing. Look at the architecture of the City-States -- and look at the back of a U.S. Dollar Bill -- for an idea of who's been running things in this world, for a very long time. I consider this solar system to be One-Big-Business, which I call Purgatory Incorporated. My current editorial-bias is that Purgatory Incorporated should morph into Paradise Incorporated -- in an evolutionary (rather than a revolutionary) manner. I'm frankly tired of talking about this madness -- and I am genuinely fearful of physical-harm and eternal-damnation -- so I'm just going to sit-back, and watch things play-out.

One more thing. I am in NO hurry regarding Disclosure and a United States of the Solar System. In fact, making a Big-Deal about either would probably be a HUGE Disaster. Once again, I support Evolutionary-Change rather than Revolutionary-Change. I have no Grand-Plans for the remainder of my pathetic-incarnation -- other than modeling the good, the bad, and the ugly -- regarding solar system governance relative to how the rest of the universe is governed. In my next incarnation, I'd really just prefer to hang-out in a cool office-apartment somewhere, and serve as a very low-key solar system governance consultant. I continue to have NO Idea what's REALLY going on -- and that's the truth. But years ago -- before I met the Ancient Egyptian Deity -- a mysterious Alphabet-Type almost mockingly suggested that at least someone thought I was the "smartest man in the world"!!! This certainly would NOT apply to this stupid incarnation. I'd be lucky to rank in the upper half (right at the dividing line) of worldwide intelligence. But really, as a child, I was extremely sensitive and intelligent, in unconventional ways -- which probably guaranteed that my life would be a living-hell and an utter-failure. I sometimes wonder if it was INTENDED to work out that way??!! Once again, I do NOT wish to be in rebellion and conflict with my Ancient-Ancestors -- but we REALLY need to talk -- openly and honestly. Someone said "We'll be leaving soon" -- but I was afraid to ask what they meant by that -- and if it included me. Think of the music Final Countdown, Kashmir, Levon, and Lights. Why would Jesus want to go to Venus -- exactly??!! I truly think that a lot of people are going to go insane in the coming days, months, and years -- and I might be one of them. In fact, I might already be one of them. The Horror.

Ignorance Is Bliss: Study Shows People Avoid Information About Complex Social Issues 9ef2b153908355d86818f7b3179640a2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVYU8NJOtWw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXOuZgm_eY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQH3LtNePgI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKUpo_xKyQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7S-aQ04xjI

"It's Too Late"

Stayed in bed all morning just to pass the time
    There's something wrong here, there can be no denying
    One of us is changing, or maybe we've stopped trying

And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
    Though we really did try to make it
    Something inside has died and I can't hide
    And I just can't fake it

It used to be so easy living here with you
    You were light and breezy and I knew just what to do
    Now you look so unhappy, and I feel like a fool

And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
    And I just can't fake it

There'll be good times again for me and you
    But we just can't stay together, don't you feel it too
    Still I'm glad for what we had, and how I once loved you

But it's too late, baby, it's too late
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:04 pm

getlikeme wrote:People would rather know less because it makes them feel like they are not accountable, unfortunately that line of thinking is the opposite of what is true :\

Very true  getlikeme Thubs Up 

Love for you
    mudra

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:04 am