tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
Jenetta
mudra
6 posters

Someone imagined it ... I like what he did

mudra
    mudra

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Empty Re: Someone imagined it ... I like what he did

Post  mudra Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:00 pm

mudra
    mudra

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Empty Re: Someone imagined it ... I like what he did

Post  mudra Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:56 pm

So This Guy Took Some Pencils And Had A Crazy Idea, Look At What He Created. Just Brilliant.

Finnish artist Tuomas Markunpoika glues hundreds of pencils together in sheets and then used a machine lathe to carve them down into these bizarre and beautiful vases. The results are beautiful. Take a look at how Markunpoika does it.
    First, he glues the pencils to a sheet.

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Cool-pencil-line-working-glue

Then he uses a machine lathe…

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Cool-pencil-wood-carving-cutting

To give them the appropriate shape.

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Cool-pencil-vase-design-shaping-machine

Resulting in some captivating and unique vases.

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Cool-design-vase-shape-pencil

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Cool-pencil-vase-design-amalgamated

source:  Arrow http://themetapicture.com/guy-took-some-pencils-and-had-a-crazy-idea/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 am

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 1531986_10153685763545235_1449834308_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 2173889463_d92d8be393_o

Blackbirds
    by Julie Cadwallader-Staub

I am 52 years old, and have spent
    truly the better part
    of my life out-of-doors
    but yesterday I heard a new sound above my head
    a rustling, ruffling quietness in the spring air

and when I turned my face upward
    I saw a flock of blackbirds
    rounding a curve I didn't know was there
    and the sound was simply all those wings
    just feathers against air, against gravity
    and such a beautiful winning
    the whole flock taking a long, wide turn
    as if of one body and one mind.

How do they do that?

Oh if we lived only in human society
    with its cruelty and fear
    its apathy and exhaustion
    what a puny existence that would be

but instead we live and move and have our being
    here, in this curving and soaring world
    so that when, every now and then, mercy and tenderness triumph in our lives
    and when, even more rarely, we manage to unite and move together
    toward a common good,

we can think to ourselves:

ah yes, this is how it's meant to be.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 1604731_10152321324398800_902546891117555285_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 am

Pas de Deux | Daniel Wurtzel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP3fYcCtPRQ

This piece by artist Daniel Wurtzel http://www.danielwurtzel.com

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Colorful Street Art on the Train Tracks of Portugal by Artur Bordalo

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Artur-Bordalo-1

see more: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/07/colorful-street-art-on-the-train-tracks-of-portugal-by-artur-bordalo/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Cardboard Stories | Homeless in Orlando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxtcWNw3QA

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:17 pm

How to Cool a Drink in 2 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ncuv3gewI#t=46

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 am

They make look like chook houses but they are ... beehives  cheers 

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 10525984_10152309646207875_218926732119698824_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Looks like fun :)

solowheel test drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrPfW04TOwE

Slalom scene from the GausWheel Spirit Double Bass the new freestyle urban scooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sueRuNYam88

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

A German Guy Wants to Give You a Bunch of Money for Nothing

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 00674b83-c8a9-4e7e-939e-692ad0dedc95

What would happen if we didn't have to worry about making a living anymore? Would people just sit on their asses all day or actually do something meaningful with their lives? Michael Bohmeyer, a 29-year-old founder of a tech startup in Berlin, wanted to find out.

After he stopped working earlier this year to live off the $1,300 he makes from his startup each month, Bohmeyer says his life has radically changed. So he started “My Basic Income”, a new initiative looking to raise enough money to pay someone $1,300 a month for a year, no strings attached.

Through crowdfunding, the initiative has already raised more than the $16,000 goal. On September 18, they're going to announce the lucky winners of that wad of cash at a party in Berlin.

I spoke to Bohmeyer to find out what he hopes will come of this and how his life has changed now that he doesn't need to work.

VICE: Would you say you’re a lazy person?
    Michael Bohmeyer: I’d say that, but I don’t think being lazy is necessarily a bad thing. Other people probably wouldn’t call me lazy. I work a lot—even more so now that I don’t need to work for money. I even discovered a passion for washing the dishes.

You said that having an unconditional basic income has radically altered your life. How so?
    After I stopped working earlier this year and started living off the approximately $1,300 I get out of my company, I just wanted to put my feet up and do nothing. Instead, I found a crazy drive to do things. I had a million new business ideas, I take care of my daughter, and I work for a local community radio. I buy less XXXX, I live healthier, and I'm a better boyfriend and father.

Because you have more time for your girlfriend and daughter?
    Because I'm more laid-back. The pressure is gone. My working conditions were great even before, because I was running my own company and could pretty much do what I want. But making money was tied to conditions. Now, I do everything I do because I want to—and all of a sudden it’s twice as much fun.

Do you ever get bored?
    I wouldn’t have the time. “My Basic Income” is keeping me busy 20 out of 24 hours. I’m not kidding—I barely sleep. All of a sudden I have these insane amounts of energy, because I'm doing 100 percent what I want to do.

So ever since you stopped working for money, you've been working your ass off. Kind of ironic.
    Totally. It’s also funny how I got there. After I had stopped working for pay initially, I thought I’d have to immediately find a new project. I rented an office, made a to-do list, and showed up in the morning. After stressing myself out like that for a month and not getting much done, I thought, Wait a minute. What the hell am I doing? So I actively made myself do nothing for a month—I watched the sky, no cell phone, no books, nothing. It was physically painful. But after a while I could do it.

You want to pay someone a basic income of $1,300 a month for a year, no strings attached. What do you hope to prove or find out by doing this?
    I was pretty astonished what not having to work did to my life. It would be presumptuous to make assumptions based on my experience, but I think that everybody has crazy potential that could be triggered by not having to worry about income. Don’t get me wrong, I think making money is awesome. To work and be paid for it—that’s great. But not to work for the sole purpose of making money. I got bored by the debates we're having about this issue and how they are not going anywhere. So I thought: Let’s just try this and see what happens instead of waiting around for politicians.

Read on: http://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/a-german-guy-wants-to-give-you-a-bunch-of-money-for-nothing/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 150112_3434091424204_2127750411_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Vancouver continues to be awesome. In response to several cities like London installing spikes on streets to deter homeless people from seeking shelter there, a Vancouver organization is using city benches to promote compassion and offer assistance to homeless.

Beautifully done.

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 1919634_10152173643756752_7268055306674497721_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 Positive-news-non-religious-guy-randomly-decides-install-buddha-statue-high-crime-neighborhood-neighboring-vietnamese-ladies-start-flocking-enhance-gifts-flowers

Buddha seems to bring tranquility to Oakland neighborhood

Someone  imagined it ... I like what he did  - Page 5 628x471  

Dan Stevenson is neither a Buddhist nor a follower of any organized religion.

The 11th Avenue resident in Oakland’s Eastlake neighborhood was simply feeling hopeful in 2009 when he went to an Ace hardware store, purchased a 2-foot-high stone Buddha and installed it on a median strip in a residential area at 11th Avenue and 19th Street.

He hoped that just maybe his small gesture would bring tranquillity to a neighborhood marred by crime: dumping, graffiti, drug dealing, prostitution, robberies, aggravated assault and burglaries.

What happened next was nothing short of stunning. Area residents began to leave offerings at the base of the Buddha: flowers, food, candles. A group of Vietnamese women in prayer robes began to gather at the statue to pray.

And the neighborhood changed. People stopped dumping garbage. They stopped vandalizing walls with graffiti. And the drug dealers stopped using that area to deal. The prostitutes went away.

I asked police to check their crime statistics for the block radius around the statue, and here’s what they found: Since 2012, when worshipers began showing up for daily prayers, overall year-to-date crime has dropped by 82 percent. Robbery reports went from 14 to three, aggravated assaults from five to zero, burglaries from eight to four, narcotics from three to none, and prostitution from three to none.

“I can’t say what to attribute it to, but these are the numbers,” a police statistician told me.

Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:24 pm

The Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet

This Is Over 200 Years Old. Watch What It Can Do When They Start Opening Its Drawers

18 September, 2013 in Article, Images | Comment

This antique cabinet is over 200 years old. For a long time it was owned by King Frederick William II and you can find it now on view at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is by far one of the finest achievements of European furniture making. Watch what it can do and then remember this was all done with hand tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKikHxKeodA

Awesome  Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Elusive girl on a motorcycle against debris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbs6eMxa5ds#t=87

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 am

Wow Bravo Harp

Выступление с концертным духовым оркестром

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Girrb66lY

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 am

௵ mileece - formations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kLuhLSuq-g

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 am

Vc acha q sabe dançar?? Então veja esse cara!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tCwgb0Wmw

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm

GoPro: Waltz On The Walls Of City Hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm0Ny_LcCAY

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:31 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Dance on the circle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOSGS9ruj4U#t=218

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:51 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 pm

When love becomes an instinct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfyryPvpHnU

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:22 pm