tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

marlowe
    marlowe

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names Empty Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

Post  marlowe Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:34 am

About 34 years ago I was reading through the New Dictionary of American Family Names by Elsden C. Smith.I happened to glance at an open newspaper story about serial killers: Long story short I discovered there is a statistical probability that murderers have one of the following last name meanings.
    {1} Dweller in or near a marsh,swamp,moor ,or wasteland.Or on an island in a river.{a muddy place}
    {2} Dweller in a forest,grove of trees,or clearing in a wood.
    {3} Dweller on barren or uncultivated ground.
    {4} Dweller in a deep valley ,hollow or glade.
    Examples:
    Richard Speck>>Speck {English} One who came from Speke {brushwood} in Lancashire.

Henry Kissenger :One who came from Kissing{swamp} in Germany.
    Dick Cheney :One who came from Chaney{oak grove} in France.
    Bush{English}:Dweller on uncultivated land.
    marlowe
    marlowe

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names Empty Re: Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

Post  marlowe Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 am

A popular loan-name among Roman men was Silvanus,which developed from the Roman god of "uncultivated land beyond the boundaries of tillage."...A man with the name Silvanus was depicted as "uncanny and dangerous."

Atavism : The reappearence of characteristics of some ancestor that has been absent in the intervening years.
    marlowe
    marlowe

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names Empty Re: Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

Post  marlowe Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I am unable to post outside links for another 7 days....but to know more about this idea you can put

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

into a search engine and get over 10 hits....
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Sinn,Sinner {Ger} One who came from Sinn{swamp} in Germany.

Page 472 of New Dictionary of American Family Names.

It gives the phrase "Living in sin" a larger frame of reference..IMO. Suspect
    marlowe
    marlowe

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names Empty The Aztecs

Post  marlowe Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 am

The Aztecs migrated southward and eventually settled on a small swampy island in Lake Texcoco in Central Mexico [which was their base of operations for the next 100 + years].They subsisted by eating reptiles & pond scum .
    It took them over a hundred years to become the dominant power in central Mexico [ circa 1428.]

[b]The Aztecs instituted the idea of ongoing warfare & constant human sacrifices to "keep the Sun moving across the sky."
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Romney{English} One who came from Romney{island in a marsh} in Kent.

Palin {Swedish} Dweller near a swamp or Marsh.
    Sarah's maiden name is Heath.
    Heath {English} One who came from Heath {wasteland with low shrubs}
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello Marlowe,

Welcome in the Mists.
    Your research is interesting .
    Thanks for sharing.

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Welcome Marlowe. Fascinating Research!
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

Marlowe - From a surname which was derived from a place name meaning "drained lake"

http://www.behindthename.com/name/marlowe
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 am

mudra wrote:Hello Marlowe,

Welcome in the Mists.
    Your research is interesting .
    Thanks for sharing.

Love from me
    mudra

Thank you Mundra & Orthodoxymoron,
    When I first stumbled onto this idea in the fall of 1978 it scared me the bejesus out of me.I wrote Colin Wilson about it in 1980 & got a polite reply but I don't think he "got it".I only went on the internet in 2008 in order to get this idea to a wider audience & it has been a fulfilling experience .
    Joran Van der Sloot is the prime suspect in the murder of Natalee Holoway & he was arrested & charged with murder in Peru EXACTLY 5 years to the day that Holoway went missing.
    Van der Sloot {German/Dutch} :Dweller near a reedy ditch or quagmire.
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 am

[quote="Floyd"]Marlowe - From a surname which was derived from a place name meaning "drained lake"

I took my name from:

Philip Marlowe ,a character created by Raymond Chandler
    in a series of detective novels & played by Humphrey DeForest Bogart in The Big Sleep .

& Christopher Marlowe ,.

I'm a student of cinema & the history of film making .
    Slaughter{English} Dweller at ,or near,a muddy place.//
    One who came from Slaughter{muddy place}
    One who killed animals;a butcher.
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm

In this post I will refer to Cromagnon-Neanderthal hybrids & sociopaths as OCs>>{Outcasts}.
    The Cromagnons took all the best real estate for themselves and they drove the OCs into the barren lands or wet lands.The OCs lived by their wits and had to resort to criminal activities in order to survive.
    About 800 years ago in Britain tax collecters began giving people last names.If you had profession like blacksmith then Smith was your last name.If you had no set job you got a location name.

Around 1345 the Black Death killed off 1/3 to 1/2 of the population of Europe.Farm labor was hard to find & this was when the OCs moved up in the world & became serfs.Before this they were ignored & considered "untouchable/dishonest". & not given jobs.
    The Industrial Revolution came along and the OCs moved into the cities & were exposed to beer,gin,gambling,prostution,etc. & they began reverting to their criminal behavior that had helped them survive before they became serfs.
    As time moved forward the OCs became successful criminals ,loan sharks,pawnbrokers,& con men....and eventually bankers.lawyers & politicians.Their sociopathic personalities were well suited to these professions.And their last names followed them .
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:15 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_H_Holmes

Holmes means dweller on an island in a river...

Mudgett means dweller in or near a swamp.

The word Curmuggen probably comes from this name...
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 am

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/21656-Curious-Case-of-Criminal-Last-Names

Above is a relatively short thread that hits most of the important points of this idea.....Below is the original thread that has gone over 41 thousand views.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=94579
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 am

Floyd wrote:Marlowe - From a surname which was derived from a place name meaning "drained lake"

http://www.behindthename.com/name/marlowe

Floyd [Welsh} Descendent of Lloyd {gray}. Razz
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 am

Saville...One who came from Saville {willow estate}the names of places in France...
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

marlowe wrote:About 34 years ago I was reading through the New Dictionary of American Family Names by Elsden C. Smith.I happened to glance at an open newspaper story about serial killers: Long story short I discovered there is a statistical probability that murderers have one of the following last name meanings.
    {1} Dweller in or near a marsh,swamp,moor ,or wasteland.Or on an island in a river.{a muddy place}
    {2} Dweller in a forest,grove of trees,or clearing in a wood.
    {3} Dweller on barren or uncultivated ground.
    {4} Dweller in a deep valley ,hollow or glade.<<< No longer valid
    Examples:
    Richard Speck>>Speck {English} One who came from Speke {brushwood} in Lancashire.

Henry Kissenger :One who came from Kissing{swamp} in Germany.
    Dick Cheney :One who came from Chaney{oak grove} in France.
    Bush{English}:Dweller on uncultivated land.

NOTE: I no longer consider #4 "Dweller in a deep valley as valid.So only numbers 1,2 & 3 ARE part of the theory....
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Today's school shooter

Lanza,Lanzo{Italian} a mercenary German soldier./One who fought with a lance.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

what do you think of all these last names
    that go from
    Braveheart to Charmelaine ???

http://www.royalblood.co.uk/D243/I243387.html
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 am

THEeXchanger wrote:what do you think of all these last names
    that go from
    Braveheart to Charmelaine ???

http://www.royalblood.co.uk/D243/I243387.html

Wallace {Scotish} the foreigner or stranger.:One who came from Wales.
    Craufurd {English} dweller near a river crossing where crows are seen.,,One who came from Crawford {Crows' pass} in Lanarkshire.
    Stewart {Eng/Scot} one who had charge of the King's,or nobelman's household.....

Bradfort?????>> Brad means broad or wide.....Fort can mean either river ford ..or fortress....

I don't have an opinion about the names...except to say they are not "swamp" names.... study
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Eddie ROUTH killed American sniper Chris Kyle.

Routh {English} Dweller on rough,shaly ground.
    marlowe
    marlowe

Post  marlowe Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 pm

My original thread that I started 4 1/2 years ago have gone over 77 thousand

views & over 120 K views on the web as a whole...

I no longer update my Mists of Avalon thread because it gets very little attention ... pale 

Here is the link to the original thread  study 

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94579
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:13 am

marlowe wrote:My original thread that I started 4 1/2 years ago have gone over 77 thousand

views & over 120 K views on the web as a whole...

I   no longer update my Mists of Avalon thread because it gets very little attention ... pale 

Here is the link to the original thread  study 

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94579

Hello Marlowe and welcome .
    The Mists are a small platform with around 10 regular posters.
    You can't expect the same amount of interest to your thread as you are getting from David Icke's forum.
    I notice your thread got about 490 views though which is a fair amount considering the short time you spent on it.
    I found your research original.
    Would you care to share more of it in the future know I will appreciate it.

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:10 am