tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+27
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
monique
oliverclay
Carol
Sanicle
Purified Soul
Beren
HigherLove
alchemikey
Oliver
B.B. Baghor
Mercuriel
DiVineEnvy
eMonkey
rhythm
lindabaker
Jenetta
Floyd
newel
devakas
hippihillbobbi
Nebula
rosie
pedro m
ClearWater
mudra
31 posters

Food for Soul

mudra
    mudra

Food for Soul - Page 4 Empty Re: Food for Soul

Post  mudra Tue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 08, 2010 3:01 am

A Violin With Three Strings
    Jack Riemer

On Nov. 18, 1995, Itzhak Perlman, the violinist, came on stage to give a concert at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City.

If you have ever been to a Perlman concert, you know that getting on stage is no small achievement for him. He was stricken with polio as a child, and so he has braces on both legs and walks with the aid of two crutches. To see him walk across the stage one step at a time, painfully and slowly, is an awesome sight.

He walks painfully, yet majestically, until he reaches his chair. Then he sits down, slowly, puts his crutches on the floor, undoes the clasps on his legs, tucks one foot back and extends the other foot forward. Then he bends down and picks up the violin, puts it under his chin, nods to the conductor and proceeds to play.

By now, the audience is used to this ritual. They sit quietly while he makes his way across the stage to his chair. They
    remain reverently silent while he undoes the clasps on his legs. They wait until he is ready to play.

But this time, something went wrong. Just as he finished the first few bars, one of the strings on his violin broke. You
    could hear it snap - it went off like gunfire across the room. There was no mistaking what that sound meant. There was no mistaking what he had to do.

We figured that he would have to get up, put on the clasps again, pick up the crutches and limp his way off stage - to either find another violin or else find another string for this one. But he didn't. Instead, he waited a moment, closed his eyes and then signaled the conductor to begin again.

The orchestra began, and he played from where he had left off. And he played with such passion and such power and such purity as they had never heard before.

Of course, anyone knows that it is impossible to play a symphonic work with just three strings. I know that, and you know that, but that night Itzhak Perlman refused to
    know that.

You could see him modulating, changing, re-composing the piece in his head. At one point, it sounded like he was de-tuning the strings to get new sounds from them that they had never made before.

When he finished, there was an awesome silence in the room. And then people rose and cheered. There was an extraordinary outburst of applause from every corner of the auditorium. We were all on our feet, screaming and cheering, doing everything we could to show how much we appreciated what he had done.

He smiled, wiped the sweat from this brow, raised his bow to quiet us, and then he said - not boastfully, but in a quiet, pensive, reverent tone - "You know, sometimes it is the artist's task to find out how much music you can still make with what you have left."

What a powerful line that is. It has stayed in my mind ever since I heard it. And who knows? Perhaps that is the definition of life - not just for artists but for all of us.

Here is a man who has prepared all his life to make music on a violin of four strings, who, all of a sudden, in the middle of a concert, finds himself with only three strings; so he makes music with three strings, and the music he made that night with just three strings was more beautiful, more sacred, more memorable, than any that he had ever made before, when he had four strings.

So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with what we have left.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    rosie
    rosie

Food for Soul - Page 4 Empty Live cam of eagles and their baby

Post  rosie Fri May 21, 2010 12:03 pm

I have been watching this family of eagles for a week now, and it is one of the most touching shows I have
    seen for a while. Simply amazing. These eagles live in Hornby island, off of B.C.

The live cam is usually excellent, unless it is raining. I tried to post a pic from the cam but I do not think it worked

http://www.wildearth.tv/static/wildearth/channels/we_hornby_eagles.html
    Attachments
    Food for Soul - Page 4 Attachmentbabyeagle_n.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (48 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
    Nebula
    Nebula

Post  Nebula Fri May 21, 2010 1:50 pm

rosie wrote:I have been watching this family of eagles for a week now, and it is one of the most touching shows I have
    seen for a while. Simply amazing. These eagles live in Hornby island, off of B.C.

The live cam is usually excellent, unless it is raining. I tried to post a pic from the cam but I do not think it worked

http://www.wildearth.tv/static/wildearth/channels/we_hornby_eagles.html

Wow...this is as good as it gets..natural live action Very Happy sunny I have been viewing the eagle n chick for like the last 20 mins :) Kool cheers
    Thank you so much for sharing this Rosie! this is a great compliment to this thread.

namaste,

Nebula
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 22, 2010 4:16 am

Jacques Perrin's new movie " Oceans " released in january this year .

Jean Michel Cousteau 's film " Oceanworld 3D"

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Sharkwater

In an effort to protect sharks, (Biologist/Filmmaker) Rob Stewart teams up with renegade conservationist Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. Their unbelievable adventure together starts with a battle between the Sea Shepherd and shark poachers in Guatemala, resulting in pirate boat rammings, gunboat chases, mafia espionage, corrupt court systems and attempted murder charges, forcing them to flee for their lives.
    Through it all, Stewart discovers these magnificent creatures have gone from predator to prey, and how despite surviving the earth's history of mass extinctions, they could easily be wiped out within a few years due to human greed.
    Stewart's remarkable journey of courage and determination changes from a mission to save the world's sharks, into a fight for his life, and that of humankind.

"When the guns came out I started filming our journey so we'd have a record of what happened to us.

I think people will love this film because it's different. It's a true life adventure about a guy that wanted to save sharks."

-Rob Stewart

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:20 am

Water as a source of living vital energies. Film clips from the movie "Water: The Great Mystery" set to Debussy.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:31 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 am

ENJOY THE MOMENT!
    By Lionel Ketchian

A bird is singing, the sky is blue, the temperature is perfect, and the trees are covered in green. Is there a lesson to be learned from that? Well, it's just life. Right now I happen to be enjoying the moment.

In order to enjoy the moment you actually have to appreciate it. To appreciate the moment you have to quiet down and silently go within yourself. Nature cannot be beautiful unless you appreciate it. Beauty in any form requires appreciation in order to be beautiful, and appreciation is a quality found within you.

To connect with this moment is a deep union. It requires you to witness this moment outside of time. Time has nothing to do with enjoying this moment. Einstein said, time is relative. A moment with your hand on a hot stove in the kitchen is a lot longer than a moment kissing your true love in the kitchen.

As I sit and write this article outdoors I am expressing the feeling of connecting to nature in this moment. This is not entertainment. With entertainment someone is doing something for you. To fully relax is to completely go into this moment. Nothing to do, nothing to think about. Just merge with the moment. It is interesting that when you lose yourself like this you actually find yourself. In this enjoyment you find yourself by abandoning yourself.

Enjoying the moment is absorbing. Enjoyment is accomplished by relaxing into the moment. You can't fast forward nature. You can't stop or freeze frame moments you enjoy. While in nature you're included, you became part of it all.

It is interesting when we reflect on Ralph Waldo Emerson's words, "This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it." Only when you reflect back on such times as you allow yourself this freedom do you realize that you are peaceful and happy, This happens because enjoying something means you don't need it. You already have it. You get it without grasping for it. If you can develop ways to enjoy every moment of your life, you would not only master your emotions, but also be the master of your fate.

The wind just blew over the page I was writing on. So I went with it for it was time for me to write this line on a new page, and not to curse the wind for doing what it did. It is when we can incorporate "whatever happens," to us into our enjoyment of the moment that we have control of things in our life. It really is not about what happens, but how we handle what happens that immediately affects what happens to us. Enjoyment may be a lost art.

Let's bring it back into our lives, and practice it regularly. Life is short! You can either enjoy or regret. Select enjoy, and you will experience great joy in this moment.

Many of us are too rushed to enjoy life, too confused to be simple, too rich to have enough, too worried to be healthy, too ungrateful to be happy, too afraid to love, and too controlling to be free. Do your part to "Unleash Joy" upon humanity. We greatly need it.

To quote an old Chinese proverb: "Life itself cannot give you joy unless you really will it. Life just gives you time and space-it's up to you to fill it." When is the last time you stopped for a moment to enjoy the moment? Take a moment to be in the moment. The next moment is waiting for you to enjoy. Only when you enjoy this moment will you know why it is called the PRESENT. Enjoy your PRESENT, it contains JOY.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Food for Soul - Page 4 Tom_tr10

Tree Hugging

" Before you completely dismiss the act of hugging a tree as weird or insane, let me explain in scientific terms what hugging a tree can do for your health.
    To understand how hugging a tree can make you feel better, you need to understand resonance, or the tendency of a system to oscillate at larger amplitude at some frequencies than at others. If you do not believe in "vibes" or vibrations, then I highly suggest you read this tree hugging article, and gain a better understanding of life. When one hippie says to another hippie, "i'm sending good vibes your way", what do they mean by that? Are they really sending vibrations through the air to one another? They are, but you cannot consciously do this, that would be absurd.
    If something is living, it has a bio-electric frequency. All plants on Earth are resonating at 12hz. This has been a scientifically measured number through the use of what is now called a Rife Machine, or an Electroencephalic neurofeedback apparatus. What this device does is amazing, and it is being used more often today for patients to actually see their bio-electric frequency changing, as a result of their mindset. I know that many holistic approaches at treating Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder use this device to allow the patient to see how their mind is operating under different circumstances, giving them better control of focus and attention.
    This device is an improved method and apparatus for displaying and either inhibiting or promoting selected bioelectrical frequencies emitted by a living organism. The method includes the steps of detecting an analog bioelectrical signal, converting the signal to discrete digital signals representing corresponding frequencies and numerically analyzing the digital signals to determine the different bioelectrical frequencies emitted by the organism. Furthermore, a threshold amplitude associated with a selected digital signal can be established an auditory or visual signal can be sent to the organism to indicate whether the bioelectrical frequency under study is within or outside the threshold amplitude. With this information the organism can be taught to inhibit or facilitate the bioelectrical frequency. The apparatus comprises a pair of electrodes, an analog signal amplifier, an analog to digital converter, a selector to select a frequency of interest, a display monitor, and a computer to distinguish the digital signals as different frequencies, display the frequencies, and determine when the frequency is falling inside or outside a predetermined range. Also, a magnetic medium recording device is used to capture data. Finally, a lighting or sounding circuit is used to tell the organism whether the frequency under study is being inhibited or facilitated.
    So, all living things on Earth have a measurable frequency, some higher and lower than others. Our natural bio electric frequency for humans is 12 hz, the same as plants and many wild animals, but this isnt the frequency we reside in all the time, if at all. When we are stressed or worried or anxious or angry, our bio electric frequency shoots up to 40hz. When we are calm and in a serene and happy state of mind, it often falls close to 12 hz. One fascinating aspect about plants is they do not get stressed or angry or dis-eased. They always resonate at 12hz.
    If you understand how waves interact, you know they bump into each other, and create tertiary waves, which can sometimes be smaller or larger than the 2 pre-existing waves. Picture a pond. You throw a pebble into the pond, and it creates a wave that resonates outward. If you throw another pebble into the pond, it will also create more waves. The waves from the first pebble will inevitably collide with the waves of the second, and the tertiary waves that result are called resonant waves. If we look at the Universe in simple terms, we know that everything in vibrating. Every molecule, atom, electron, proton, neutron... everything is vibrating. If the atom ceased to vibrate, it is theorized that it would fall apart. Scientists thoerize that this decomposition of the basic building blocks of the Universe can be further examined if we achieve absolute zero, which is when there is no heat, the complete absense of all heat and energy. I do not believe this is possible, but who knows.
    Anyways, everything is a vibration, and larger organisms, such as humans, have a central vibrational energy, which I believe is simply your spirit, or life force. Your vibrating atoms, molecules, cells, etc are mostly all vibrating at the same frequency, which can range from 12-60 hz. This means that every atom in your immediate surrounding air is trying to resonate at your frequency, due to the law of resonance, or the interaction of these waves. All waves are constantly interacting with the other waves around it.
    So how does this scientific observation apply to hugging trees? Well, since trees have no stress or dis-ease, they are constantly vibrating at the equilibrium frequency of 12hz. Since most of us are not perfect, and we have a stressed, worried, or angered mind, we can benefit from being close to these trees. When we hug a tree, we are wrapping our whole bodies around the tree, enveloping the tree with our arms and legs. According to the law of resonance, our "vibes" will begin to resonate with the tree's "vibes". Since we usually reside above the 12hz frequency, our frequency will actually be lowered from the act of hugging a tree. When you hug a tree you are calming your body/mind/spirit, essentially making you feel good. Do you ever wonder why they tell you to hug a tree when you are lost in the woods? This is for several reasons, but the main ones are so that you stay in one visible place for people to find you, and the other reason is to calm you in an otherwise panicky situation.
    So, the next time you are strolling through the woods, find a nice old tree that is very thick and healthy, and give it a hug. Hug it for 1-3 minutes and you will immediately notice your mind becoming calm. I have also noticed that the direct areas of the body that are touching the tree will begin to feel "funny". It feels as if some infrared light is shining on your skin, and you feel a warming sensation on those body parts."

Peace

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:25 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:26 am

Dearest Mudra--

Thank you for this ENTIRE page of inspiration (so far!) ..... i've been nourished once more from the bounty of your table, mama mudra. the last 2 short films were especially touching ..... glorious ..... magnifique!!!

muchas gracias, precious sister, Food for Soul - Page 4 Icon_flower

bobbi
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:40 am

Dear Hippi your bursting joy and ever growing sense of gratefullness is a source of inspiration in itself Food for Soul - Page 4 Icon_flower

Keep shining dear

Food for Soul - Page 4 934918
    Much Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:32 pm

A great pps for you all Thubs Up
    Enjoy :)

Love from me
    mudra