tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root

mudra
    mudra

Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root Empty Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root

Post  mudra Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Thubs Up
    Love Always
    mudra
    Anonymous

Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root Empty Re: Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Good one, Mudra.
    There is a victory garden in the church yard across the way from us. Not sure how many people participate, but they have some great veggies over there. I never asked, but I assume people involved live in surrounding apartments.

In our yard we have a small veggie garden and also we compost yard clippings and kitchen scraps. Recently, after a storm, we went to beach and brought home seaweed washed ashore to go into compost bin. That adds heaps of minerals to the garden. I save coffee grounds and crumbled egg shells to put around certain plants like drwarf lemon trees to help keep snails away. They do not like to cross this mixture.

Speaking of apartments, it is amazing what can be grown in pots in sunny areas or on a little balcony, if one has one.

Also, a great idea is to get a sprout growing container and some sprouting seeds and grow some sprouts in your kitchen. I got mine at the health food store. Easy. And sprouts are so good for us.

In Love,
    Bushycat
    burgundia
    burgundia

Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root Empty Re: Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root

Post  burgundia Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Thank you mudra for this video...it is really inspiring... Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root Herz
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:16 am

TY Mudra, for Posting this Awesome Video about how We'll move beyond Them and Their Frankenfoods. For those of You that had the Toe-tapping going on when watching the above Video - I add this piece of Vintage CCR as there is nothing more that needs to be said.

Band

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 am

Hi, everybody. Remember that the regular seed packets you buy are hybridized and they will not grow the following year. This is by design. We don't need no stinkin' Monsanto! Instead, get heirloom seeds. Save the seeds from the 3rd or 4th fruit. For example, tomato seeds can be dried by placing the gel and seeds from inside the tomato onto a paper plate. Dry the seeds in the sun. Simply cut the paper plate into small sections, and plant the next year. seedsavers.org. in Iowa will ship anywhere in US and Canada. Get your seeds now and share them. You can live on the three sisters: corn, beans, and squash. I have so many tomato plants from last year's crop that I don't know what to do with them all. The tomatoes are as sweet as sugar. Many of the seeds on seedsavers site were seeds carried to the New World on the boats from Europe. The best seeds were the ones carried from Poland or Czechoslovakia or Spain in great-great grandma's pocket. Who knew? Don't let anyone tell you that saving seeds is illegal. It is our birthright to grow plants for our own food. We are taking back the planet, one seed at a time. Love to all. Linda
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Homegrown revolution - radical change taking root Empty There are different types of revolutions as we all know .

Post  enemyofNWO Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:48 am

This is different type of revolution, the type that we love best .....
    Icelandic comedians form a political party and and the leader is now the city Mayor .

Must see video

http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php/site/comments/the_best_party_wins_in_icelandic_election_comedian_now_the_mayor_of_reykjav/

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:00 pm