tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Turning the tables on Big Brother

mudra
    mudra

Turning the tables on Big Brother Empty Turning the tables on Big Brother

Post  mudra Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 am

Turning the tables on Big Brother: Now internet users can watch who is spying on them in blow against Google's new snooping policy

Through the Big Wobble:
    http://bigwobblenews.blogspot.com/2012/03/turning-tables-on-big-brother-now.html

-Free Collusion add-on shows which companies watch as you browse
    -'Real time' illustration of marketing companies snooping
    -Unveiled as Google shifts privacy policy to enable more advertising
    -Mozilla aims to share data with privacy campaigners

Mozilla, the maker of Firefox, has unveiled a new add-on for the popular web browser that gives web users an instant view of which companies are 'watching' them as they browse.
    The move comes the same week that Google pushed ahead with its controversial new privacy policy, built to provide even more data for Google's $28 billion advertising business - despite concerns that the massive harvesting of private data might be illegal in many countries.
    The Collusion add-on will allow users to 'pull back the curtain' on web advertising firms and other third parties that track people's online movements, says Mozilla CEO Gary Kovacs.

read on: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2109223/Google-privacy-policy-Mozilla-add-Collusion-reveals-spying-internet-users.html#ixzz1o2s0SIGW

Love Always
    mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Turning the tables on Big Brother Empty Re: Turning the tables on Big Brother

Post  malletzky Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:58 am

Great tool. I just install the add...and it's amazing. Even heavenforum.org is 'watching me.

So one again, NICE tool.

Big brother...now I'm watching too Crazy Happy Crazy Happy Crazy Happy Insanely Happy
    ceridwen
    ceridwen

Post  ceridwen Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:15 am

I use ghostery for firefox, is really good. My computer is running so much faster!

For example in this site there is only one tracker: Google analytics but well blocked
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Uhhhmmm - Yeah I set up Google Analytics for Site Stats and Visitor Stats...

Wink

Its harmless really as It was set up by Me for Us as a Community when I set up the Site.

Omnipotence

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    ceridwen
    ceridwen

Post  ceridwen Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 am

Mercuriel wrote:Uhhhmmm - Yeah I set up Google Analytics for Site Stats and Visitor Stats...

Wink

Its harmless really as It was set up by Me for Us as a Community when I set up the Site.

Omnipotence

I am not complaining just saying

There are other sites where you get like 10 is rather fascinating. I am still pondering why facebook will have a tracker in Channel four but who knows. Just glad that ghostery is ghostering away

Flowers

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:32 am