tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
orthodoxymoron
Floyd
mudra
burgundia
THEeXchanger
Neteru
10 posters

Starting to dislike meat

Neteru
    Neteru

Starting to dislike meat Empty Starting to dislike meat

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I suppose this has been something that has been going on for a while. Less than a year but more than a few months. I used to ignore it because it wasn't something I thought about often and of course I have been eating meat my entire life. But especially after I have been starting to clear out my body of negativity (which is difficult to do when I have a cold, but I am trying my best :).) I have actually started to dislike eating meat. I found that to be especially true after trying to eat my lunch today. Is this something that normally happens when you start to awaken your energy centers and increase your energy vibration? Or is it a coincidence?
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Starting to dislike meat Empty Re: Starting to dislike meat

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:05 pm

if an eagle eats a fish, the fish becomes an eagle Wink

same thing, could be said, about many things

the circle of life is amasing
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Neteru, I have stopped eating meat out of compassion for animals, especially knowing how the meat industry works.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:17 pm

i can NOT eat processed meats - but, will occasionally eat wild game
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Yes and I can certainly see how compassion is a very good reason to stop in the first place. For the first time in my life, the idea of eating dead flesh does not appeal to me. It does not surprise me that this has become a more prevalent feeling for me at this time. There simply is no need anymore to consume animals. Most of my favorite foods are not made from meat anyways. :) I do not see myself having any problems adjusting to a new diet.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

ironically, most wild game are vegetarians
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I actually just found out about almond milk. At any rate it sounds like it tastes really good. I have never liked cow's milk, even as a child, so this looks like it could be a good source of protein for me. It's more expensive than cow milk but it will be worth it to have a healthy drink that tastes good. :)
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Neteru, try juicing, it will give you so much nutrients and energy. Also coconut milk is good.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Neteru wrote: I found that to be especially true after trying to eat my lunch today. Is this something that normally happens when you start to awaken your energy centers and increase your energy vibration? Or is it a coincidence?

Along with the awakening state comes Love and respect for all living creatures.

Love from me
    mudra
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Thank you for all the replies! I will have to look at coconut milk as well. And yes I agree that there comes a respect for all life forms when you start to awaken yourself. It wasn't even just the taste that I did not like, it was the idea itself even, I just felt like this was something that I need to avoid. There are many means available by which you can avoid eating meat. I do not consider people who eat it to be wrong. But I believe that if you feel like you should stop, then you should stop, and that is what I am doing. :)
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 am

THEeXchanger wrote:if an eagle eats a fish, the fish becomes an eagle Wink

same thing, could be said, about many things

the circle of life is amasing
    I ate a cheese and onion sandwich the other day and soon afterwards I became a cheese and onion sandwich.

As a result my mates think im a bit of a weirdo and don't speak to me anymore.

I think its a bit crumby of them.

Making your own vegetable pies and soups is a good way to start. Vegetarian cuisine is at a much more advanced stage now that where it was at back in the 80's. There is stuff like quorn that has a meaty texture if you miss the idea of meaty chunks in your stew.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 am

I'm just not into gnawing on the carcasses of animals who have been brutally murdered. Meat is Murder.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:01 am

Lately - The past couple of Years as the cleansing has gone on - I have eaten less and less Meat where I am now at the point that when I do consume Beef or Pork - It either doesn't sit well with Me or I outright puke It up later on.

I am a Sun Gazer and I seem to eat less and less now as the Prana takes effect.

In fact tonight after I worked out - As I was taking a Shower I had to hit the Toilet and Puke up the Meatballs I'd had ealier. It was only five of 'em too but then theres that Beef again...

I got home later on and had a piece of Cheese Whiz on Toast too so all of thats good...

I've had a few Synchronicities with You Neteru since You've joined so - Wellmet...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 am

if you eat meat it is ok, but if you realize that this is not what you need, but still there is a craving for the taste, ghee is the king of flavor, which does not need to be refregerated
    and pure ghee fullfills taste senses totally with full satisfaction that there is no even thought about meat. There are videos how to make ghee.
    there is nothing from cow that would be waste for human. Guess this is why it cow is considered saint. When cotton dipped in ghee and ligted there is no smoke, it is pure ghee, and many other great uses. So my suggestion ghee.

love to all vegetarians. Vegan I think is politics.

devakas
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 pm

The only time I can ever really stomach meat is if it is heavily seasoned or prepared. At that point it is barely meat. Like pepperoni for instance. But in time I will not even consume that. I have heard that it is a process. Like right now I am not interested in eating massive chunks of meat anymore. As I find alternative protein sources that I can afford on a regular basis, there will be even less consumption of meat. Something like eggs or fish I can still eat right now. But anything that was slaughtered, I cannot eat in good conscience, and really beef/chicken/etc does not taste good to me anymore. I especially hate the taste of pork. In a survival situation, where there is nothing to eat, I suppose we have to do what we have to in order to survive, but in this modern time, there is no need to raise animals and slaughter them for consumption. It's almost like what reptilians do to the planets they conquer.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 pm

It is not the taste of meat that you crave, but all the seasoning that goes with it. Try cooking meat without anything and tell me if it tastes good to you Wink

I think that it is more important to avoid eating other mammals as we are mammals too. Cows, pigs, sheep are more aware of what is going to happen to them than poultry. Plus, it is easier and quicker to kill a chicken in a more "humane" way than a mammal.
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Exactly. My favorite part of fried chicken was always the crispy part all around the meat. But yeah it is strange that mammals have the worst tasting meat. Chicken meat itself is not THAT bad, especially if it is white meat. I am not going to say that I would eat it all the time either. I have taken to eating more fruits now. But dark meat, like what is often found in chicken nuggets? Nooo. Red meat is bad for you as well. White chicken, fish, and eggs are supposed to be healthy if prepared correctly. Mostly non mammal meat will be better for you, but only in moderation. At the same time there are ethical concerns in the manner by which we "harvest" meat. Is caging them all up, raising them for death, and then slaughtering them truly the way we should be getting our food? It's like the reptilians keeping us in third density, never knowing freedom, raising us for their consumption.
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I stopped eating meat roughly 3 yeas ago. Started out at 80% non- meat, first year to the current 100% this year.
    The human teeth were designed for that which the earth provides us, not the flesh of the animals with whom we share the earth. The human jawbone has actually evolved differently, than non-meat eating mammals as a result of us eating meat.

Respect for all life forms is a good motivator. Still gets me those who kill animals for sport or just because it is fun! Exciting! However, we are a species that have come to justify all of our ill-actions. Thus, we gave a long way to go.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I think that if we could go back the time line from the slice of meat that we find packaged in the shop to the original alive animal that it came from and everything that happened to it from raising conditions to slaughter house very few people would be able to eat meat anylonger. I am sure children would be the first ones to say NO.
    And if we had to kill these animals ourselves how many of us would be able to ?
    I believe the food they are given is so inadequate and the conditions of slaughter so cruel that there is no wonder the meat of these stressed animals does'nt even taste good anylonger.
    At the time of the mad cow crisis here in Europe I was shocked to hear that cows that are naturally feeding on grass were fed with flours that contained animal parts .

Love from me
    mudra
    Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:10 pm

mudra wrote:I think that if we could go back the time line from the slice of meat that we find packaged in the shop to the original alive animal that it came from and everything that happened to it from raising conditions to slaughter house very few people would be able to eat meat anylonger. I am sure children would be the first ones to say NO.
    And if we had to kill these animals ourselves how many of us would be able to ?
    I believe the food they are given is so inadequate and the conditions of slaughter so cruel that there is no wonder the meat of these stressed animals does'nt even taste good anylonger.
    At the time of the mad cow crisis here in Europe I was shocked to hear that cows that are naturally feeding on grass were fed with flours that contained animal parts .

Love from me
    mudra

I don't like the meat of cows anymore anyways. To survive I can eat almost anything, but since I have a choice, I would rather not consume hormone injected beef that has been poorly fed. Farming animals is wrong anyways. A lion hunting a zebra versus humans mass raising cows for slaughter is a huge difference. As I said before, right now I am limiting myself to white chicken, fish, and eggs. The rest of it is off the table. (No pun intended.) I will possibly move away from the chicken later on but fish is good for omega 3. I do take vitamin supplements for that currently but the fish is always an option if I cannot afford vitamins. But yes over all I cannot consider myself to be a fan of steak, burgers, hot dogs, or dark meat fried chicken anymore. Nor does the idea of bacon, sausage, or pork chops appeal to me. As far as nostalgia goes, it is a little sad to think of being a child, and enjoying those things, knowing that such memories were of eating something so unhealthy. Something as innocent as family dinners were not at all healthy dinners.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:50 pm

yes, and animals had their own consciousness, karma accumulated through many many lifetimes. In spiritual world
    it is known and to stop their soul evolution, we participate in terminating it.

Thanks Neretu for this thread. Congratulations all who realized that. Thanks Mudra for putting it nicely.

eggs, fish is not good to. Garlic, onion and mushroom in vibrations it is said to be demonic, bad energy (bounding us to matter) and definately bad if meditate after. meditations becomes joke, failure.
    It just keeps us entangled and blind and disturbed. All works against purifying ourselves.

Kids are traumatized after school trip.
    http://newsweak.com/news/school-field-trip-tour-of-slaughterhouse-traumatizes-children

The Higher Taste is tiny great book that explains how and why there is a higher taste.

devakas

Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:38 pm

I am just following what my soul and body tells me at this point. That is something that I have not done in so long. Like tonight I had white meat chicken. It tasted healthy and good. But something like a pot roast, a huge slab of cow, is nasty. That is what I am finding. I no longer like the taste of mammalian meats. Birds, fish, reptiles, are good for me to eat. Maybe eventually my soul will tell me not to eat those either, but for now this is what I feel. I believe it is progression. But I do eat more fruits now. I also take a multivitamin, a calcium vitamin, and an omega 3 vitamin. I make sure I get what I need. At first I thought I would stop eating any kind of meat, but I realized that it was dark meat, red meat, and the meat of mammals that I no longer like. The idea of eating a cow is revolting to me now. But a snake or a chicken does not gross me out. (I have strange tastes in food I know.) I actually like the taste of caviar and blue cheese. I even liked fried snails once when I tried them.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Greetings Neteru,

note ~ by what you state is your current age and (this) your most recent comment...

"I am just following what my soul and body tells me at this point."

speaks volumes about you Thubs Up

i find your post and threads are very delightful to read and follow...

and by the reception and the responses you have received...

i sense i am not alone here in sharing these sentiments towards you...

You much welcomed here with blessings Cheerful

Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Many thanks for your encouragement! I have been learning that you will fare the best when you listen to your inner self. The soul knows best in almost every case in my limited experience in this life.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 am

Neteru , you are doind exactly what did. I eliminated beef and then pork, eating only chicken or turkey and fish/seafood. Then I eliminated poultry. I will still eat fish occasionally. I am trying to cut down on dairy products and I am introducing more plant-based foods. I have always liked fruit, vegetables, grains, nuts, etc, but now I am consuming them in larger quantities.Just listen to your body..and also to your heart. :)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 pm