tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

A Journey Into The Heart of Love

mudra
    mudra

A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Empty Re: A Journey Into The Heart of Love

Post  mudra Mon May 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Lovely Carmen .. this is a great book.
    I enjoy reading it as you share it along .

Hugs
    Love for you
    mudra
    shakticat
    shakticat

A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Empty water, land, sky

Post  shakticat Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Carmen, I am back on line and back to this thread

I have not read all of your recent posts as yet...they are dense indeed and I am taking it slowly...
    it is a little like savouring extra rich and extra divine chocolate mud cake. but this is food for the soul of course

I appreciated the quote the lines...Have the courage and audacity of the dragon! Take risks, intelligent risks. The past and the future are more fluid than you believe....

Empowering! And I appreciate the reminder that all is a mirror of our consciousness. what lies inside, within...

as within, so without

My feeling is that Eastern traditions have become more westernized in their expression- in that linear thinking, capitalism and males play a more dominant role in the social structure.
    Certainly this seems the case with Tibetan religion and also communist mainland China where it is considered a greater achievement to have boy than a girl.
    Yet this too is changing as the pendulum swings...

Thank you for taking the time to post

sunny
    Carmen
    Carmen

A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Empty Re: A Journey Into The Heart of Love

Post  Carmen Sat May 22, 2010 5:31 am

Okay, its been a while! Thanks for your replies Mudra and Shakticat. I tend to agree with you Shakticat in that I dont see much difference in male dominance re Eastern verses Western, but maybe he is talking about understandings at a more spiritual level. Not sure about that one. But, to continue.

Chapter Three, This one is entitled "Call of the Unknown"

This chapter is about the teacher asking his pupil to write this book and bring the spiritual information forward for those who are ready to receive it. Meaning those who are awake or are awakening. Its probably a bit disjointed , but I will start, leaving out the preamble.

"Now, a book. Not merely a novel, not exactly psychology, but something like a combination of the two. This book is already inside yourself! The Subject will be nothing less than a revelation of an ancient mystery---the mystery of the sexes."

"We have placed this knowledge inside you on an unknown basis. That is, we have taught it to you over the many lifetimes of your physical existence. We have watched you grow, much as the gardener watches the garden under his care---planting the seed, watering and fertilizing the ground, providing sun and shade, and waiting patiently for the rich harvest that lies dormant in the germ!

"Now comes the time of harvest. The fruit hangs ripe on the vine, and the bee comes humming to the pollen. It must be gathered now or wasted. It must be gathered and shared for the celebration of life that depends on the personal creativity of each Soul. This is the spiritual creativity of living to the highest degree of awareness you have earned. This creativity brings the complete transformation of the self, the dying to be reborn as the earth does in her cycle of seasons."

"This planet is preparing for a Great Death. No, not a war, my child," he said, sensing my thoughts, "though it can be so if enough of you fear, wish, or imagine it this way. The kind of death of which i speak is different. the history of the world has seen many ages, and this, as you know, is the last. However, it is many hundreds of thousands of yearslong in physical terms --long enough for a million Souls to achieve immortality,
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Sat May 22, 2010 6:15 am

"The process is generally a slow one. It takes billions of years in the so-called natural process of hit-and-miss for Soul to wake from its dreams, seek, then find the true life of Spirit waiting like the germinal seed inside itself. But the path of the Unmani Dhun has always been available to speed up the process for individuals who show special promise and the required amount of motivation. Our work, however, is harder in ages of greater illusion. Though in truth, all ages of man are steeped in illusion!"

"Do you have any questions so far?"

"No questions," I gulped, What was true was that I had so many questions, they crowded into each other, obscuring their outlines until I could not pick out a single one to verbalize.

His expression was mildly approving. "I see you have learned a few things since you first come here. You intuit correctly. The mind cannot grasp what is being said, but will only get in the way. Do not engage it. Leave it aside to chew on its bone while we do the work of Souls!"

"What is it you feel, my lion? Tell me," said the Adept.

"I feel---I feel---happy," I replied, embarrassed by my lack of a greater concept than this overused one. "And yet---strangely sad, too. Can you explain what I feel?"

"I can," he nodded, setting down his now-empty cup. "It is the joy of Soul--Soul who knows and revels in its own freedom. It is also the loneliness of Soul, because freedom means the lack of the very illusions that give comfort and security to so many. It is the paradox of the individual spark of God who, in the awareness of its total freedom, is stunned by the enormity of its responsibility to give and receive love.

"It is a familiar feeling, no?"he asked, smiling.

"Why, yes," I replied, surprised at the sudden thought. "So it is. It's as if I just remembered something, and all the emotions associated with it came rushing in!'

"Well put," he responded, filling our cups again with the steaming brew. "You remember because you have come to this point before. Again and again, you have been carefully guided to this crossroads inside yourself. But again and again, you have turned back. Do you know why?"

"Yes," I admitted

"Tell me then," the Adept commanded softly.

"Well," I took a deep breath and began, "its--it's because I have been afraid of the unknown."

"I see,"the Adept said softly. "The unknown. And what of it?"

I was silent. I considered carefully what I had just said. "I--I don't know," I finally answered, shaking my head in frustration. "I can't see any more."

"You can see it," the adept said quietly. "I will help you."

I looked into his eyes and felt myself being lifted gently above the level of awareness at which I was presently blocked. It happened so quickly, I felt no resistance to the movement. Then, from somewhere, came the sound of a distant wind, at first gentle, then thin and biting.

"What do you perceive?" urged the Adept's voice.

At that moment, I saw a wall. It was extremely high, crudely though strongly built, and very old. I described to the teacher what I had seen.

"You have built that wall stone by stone," Haurvata commented.

"Me? Why?" I queried.

"Perhaps you're afraid of King Kong?" offered the Adept, his voice amused.

I chuckled, too "Be serious, I admonished. "This is my state of consciousness your're making light of."

"I am being serious", the Adept insisted. "Wasn't the story of the giant ape made into one of your favourite old-time movies?"

"Yes," I replied. "I loved it! The wall was built by natives on a tropical island. They wanted to keep this gigantic ape out of their hair. They built a village on a small strip of land on the outside of the wall, by the water. They even performed exotic rituals and sacrificed screaming native girls to Kong. Whether Kong was going to eat them or make love to them, I could never decide which!"

"Do you remember what it was like on the other side of the wall?" Haurvata chuckled

"Sure," I replied. "A prehistoric jungle filled with dinosaurs and other oversized beasts"

"Well, now," continued Haurvata, "do you think what the natives did was right? In other words, would you have built the wall? Would you have sacrificed screaming girls?"

"I think I'd have built a fleet of canoes and searched for a more civilized piece of real estate," I ventured. "No. Just kidding. I suppose, being in their frame of mind, I'd have done whatever seemed to work at the time. But the virgin sacrifice bit seemed unnecessary. The wall----hey, wait! Are you saying that the wall I saw inwardly is like the wall the natives built to keep out King Kong?"

Last edited by Carmen on Sun May 23, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Sat May 22, 2010 6:31 am

"A metaphor," the Adept apologized. "I am fond of them, as you know. They work so much faster and better than logical explanations! but here are the aspects of the comparison you need to consider. People build walls inwardly for the same reason the natives in the movie did: to protect themselves from something that threatens them.

"But the unfortunate thing about a wall is that is not only keeps unwanted things out; it also keeps you in. A wall, in spiritual terms at least, is thus a trap for Soul. When you put up a wall inside yourself, the tendency is for whatever is walled out to become more and more fearsome over time. It can even become a jungle where whatever is most archaic in you can survive in all of its prehistoric splendour."

"Oh! I get it," I mused. "Man feels overwhelmed by a much greater force and wants to do something to placate it. The virgin sacrifice is a ritual surrender to a greater power, I suppose. Like a dog who bares his belly to a stronger dog so that the latter will leave him alone. But why a female, I wonder? Is that significant?"

"Surely," said the Adept. "It is the feminine element within man that surrenders to the higher power. But there is a darker meaning here as well. When there is fear, the feminine element is generally what is sacrificed for the sake of a defensive stance. In other words, fear hardens people. It makes weapons and walls.

"This walled-out area is what psychologists call the subconscious and unconscious part of man. What exists here are personal memories and collective genetic memories, biological instincts, and the abstract language of human spiritual evolution stored as symbols. Exploring these areas of consciousness is like opening up the electronic circuitry of a sophisticated machine. You become aware of both the simplicity and complexity of what you see. The human dimension is just that simple, and that complex"

Love

Carmen

Ps I will finish this chapter tomorrow. It late and Im starting to go crosseyed with tiredness!!! Sleep
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Sun May 23, 2010 1:56 am

To continue--- "I see, I ventured. "This makes me think of why surrealism is so weird. It's all that primitive, unconscious stuff spewed out as art."

"Correct," nodded Haurvata. "Art is always a good escape valve for these pressures, and literature has always been an excellent repository for subconscious literature has always been an excellent repository for subconscious material. Haven't you ever wondered why the Grimm fairytales are so 'grim'?"

"Sure, I admitted. "To our modern sensibilities, they seem pretty primitive and violent. It's hard to understand how the authors could have had children in mind when they wrote them."

The Adept shook his head. "These stories were not 'written' in the usual sense of individual authors, nor are they particularly for children. They developed over time as popular folktales in the oral tradition. The Grimm brothers ,Jakob and Wilhelm, merely collected the tales and set them down in books.
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Sun May 23, 2010 2:50 am

But the reason for the tales' powerful strangeness if the concentrated symbolism that comes from the German cultures's repression of human needs, desires, and fears. As I have suggested, the higher the wall, the more exotic the creatures that lurk on the other side."

"That's fascinating," I exclaimed. "So there's a lot of subconscious material in these tales, right?"

"Yes," said Haurvata. "but I do not want to give you the idea that sweet, innocuous stories about harmless rabbits are always preferable, either. After all, the subconscious exists in children, as it does in adults. Children are often invigorated by hearing stories that acknowledge the subconscious power, especially if these stories suggest how to harness or reclaim this power for themselves.

"The spiritual guides work to make you aware of these hidden areas of your consciousness. They want to give you freedom from the control these areas can exert over when allowed to function on a mechanical basis. Whether they are fears, prejudices, or past conditioning,destructive tendencies or driving ambitions, sexual aberrations or past failures, these 'problems' constitute sources of potential spiritual energy.

"The ordinary man is ordinary because his spiritual energies are locked up in these ways. His inner consciousness is an impenetrable jungle. When he gets into trouble, his only recourse is to pray for divine intervention. He imagines help as coming from an outside source simply because he feels so powerless himself. But the answers are never outside him; they are within."

"But how?" I interjected. "I mean, how can someone who has never done inner work start?"

"How did you start?" asked the Tibetan.

"Well----by getting to know myself better," I began.

"Exactly," said Haurvata. "And that is where we must all begin, and continue working throughout our spiritual evolution. The answers are within the Self. One must push back the wall and reclaim more and more of the inner life for oneself. Then, finally, the wall itself must be dismantled and the great unknown confronted face to face."

"About my wall---"I began.

"Yes?"

"How does it relate to my inability to get beyond this point in the past?"

"You must dismantle the wall. It is time," he said quietly.

"Otherwise you may revert back to a previous cycle and miss your opportunity for freedom. You see, it takes time for any Soul to become aware of the contradictions of material life. When the individual is sufficiently dissatisfied, he or she can discover the inner life and begin to make rapid progress.

"However, it can also happen that the individual finds a way of sedating himself against this harsh revelation. He can take refuge in materialistic solutions with a vengeance. All addictions, whether to alcohol, money or human relationships, bears some similarity to this syndrome. The individual realizes that there is no security in human life, and grabs at whatever he is most attracted to in hopes that it will be the answer to his needs. This choice plunges him into a cycle of sowing and reaping further negative effects, and the window to freedom closes once again."

Love

Carmen
    giovonni
    giovonni

A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Empty Thank you!!!

Post  giovonni Sun May 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks Carmen ~ for going through the process of sharing this with us all!
    Especially A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Icon_study spoon feeding it too me A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 52914
    Love always ~GioA Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 934918
    shakticat
    shakticat

A Journey Into The Heart of Love - Page 2 Empty Stories....

Post  shakticat Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 pm

I feel a strange sense of de ja vu when reading this Carmen....

Perhaps the soul recognizes truth in the words; the wall that mustneeds be dismantled for the spirit self to know greater freedom...
    perhaps I recall the very same feeling I had as a child when reading fables and legends of olde

There is a strength and gentleness in Haurvata's teachings. And this too is a fable.
    And we are all powerful teachers when we remind one another that the answers, the getting of wisdom... arises from within.

study

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:52 pm