tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
lawlessline
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Floyd
tacodog
spiritwarrior
gscraig
eMonkey
hobbit
dolphin
newel
burgundia
CetaceousOne
ClearWater
Jenetta
sabina
bigmo
hippihillbobbi
anomalous cowherd
mudra
keith
enemyofNWO
TRANCOSO
lindabaker
Blacklight43
Micjer
Anchor
Pheryllt
Carol
Mercuriel
Bobbie
34 posters

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Anonymous

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 pm

mudra wrote:Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 2061965-Travel_Picture-EARTH_mother_EARTH

There is no one of us here on earth that won't be touched by the consequences of the disaster we are witnessing in the gulf of Mexico.
    We may envision some outside forces coming to stop it but this I believe is a failing to count our own responsability and heart ability .
    I believe the moment has come more than ever to turn to our inner resources and focus on the fact that a positive solution will come out .
    These two men that I posted a video about above and that come with a solution to the oil spill is an example that from within ourselves brilliant ideas
    can and will spring .
    I am dismayed and saddened by what I see happening every minute in the Gulf of Mexico . The feel of it has been a long and painfull pressure
    for days now . I completely understand your feelings Hippihill , Linda , Anomalous and share your sorrow .
    I hold my vision that some " miracle " will take place .. That something can be done to save that ocean's life and that some great souls will be truly be inspired
    to come forward and take the proper actions.
    This is all we have friends .. our faith , positive drive , trust and vision .
    Don't loose it .. Hold it strong.

Love for You
    mudra
    We did not need such a wake-up call,this disaster. But your reminder here, Mudra, of the urgency and importance to hold our "faith, positive drive, trust and vision" is good antidote to the heart-rending scenes of this huge catastrophe. Those who are not yet awakened to the strength of your love, please hear this now.

In Love With All Life,
    Bushycat
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  TRANCOSO Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Phone Rang At 3am... And Obama Hasn't Answered Yet
    By Jay Weidner
    5-20-10

Remember the Hillary campaign ad about Obama not being ready when that 3 AM emergency phone call comes in? Obama countered and successfully convinced most of the American people to believe that he was competent enough for any emergency. Despite the absolute certainty that Obama had never accomplished anything in his entire life, the American people trusted that his calm demeanor would win and he would do the right thing in any emergency.

All of this brings us to the oil volcano that is erupting in the Gulf of Mexico. Today is the one-month anniversary of the biggest environmental disaster in world history and Obama has not done a thing to stop this volcano from spewing any more oil into the gulf.

Worse than this act of complacency, he also decided to let British Petroleum (BP) handle the clean up of the oil volcano instead of using the Federal Government to clean it up. He could have issued an order for this easily and also billed BP for the work. This has to go
    down as truly the worst decision by any President in my lifetime. Without regard for the environmental disaster they had started, BP then proceeded to pour highly toxic dispersants into the waters of the gulf, which may have killed off all of the sea life in the area of the oil volcano.

While he was busy making jokes about his birth certificate to the White House Press Corps and joining together with the President of Mexico in attacking Arizona, millions of gallons of oil are pouring out of a high pressure deep well that threatens to actually destroy the oceans of our planet.

Obama's detachment towards this event is even making his friends on the Left nervous. Informed people are asking: Where have his leadership skills gone? Why is he letting this go on and on? Why hasn't he used explosives, or even mini-nuclear weapons to close this leak?

During this same time period Obama took a moment out of his very busy day to make a speech concerning how the Internet is not to be trusted as a source of news. Exactly at the same time that he was saying this it became clear, to all concerned, that the only place that one could find the truth out about the actual extent of this environmental disaster was on the Internet. The major media continued to report the erroneous figures on the amount leaked given to them from the government. The false statistics were very likely given to the Obama administration by the top executives at British Petroleum, who by the way, were one of Obama's top campaign contributors.

The concerned sites on the Internet were reporting, from the start, the possible ramifications of this situation. These same sites reported that this was a very deep well, while MSNBC, CBS, NY Times, etc. refused to report anything about the actual depth of the well. Slowly the mainstream media, forced on by the Internet that Obama so dislikes, finally began to report the truth. Now, a month out from the catastrophe, it is easy to see that it was the Internet that had all the facts right and it was the major news media that had everything wrong.

Where is our leader in all of this? Why is he not speaking out and doing everything in his power to stop the spill before it has reached epic proportions?

Do not be fooled by the reports, on the mainstream media, that British Petroleum can solve this thing anytime soon. If they could solve it ­ they would have done so by now.

Meanwhile Obama has deserted ship. He won't have any press conferences; he won't answer any questions from reporters on anything anymore. He has not held a press conference since last July. Through his lack of clarity, concern and action, our President has shown us all that he does not have the qualities that are so important for leadership in a time of crisis.

Any conspiracy theorist worth their salt also has to ask the question: are they letting this happen? The NWO relies on catastrophes to move the body politic towards their ultimate goals of world dictatorship, one government, one religion, and one culture. There has to be some concern that this is what is going on here.

Maybe this why Obama is so detached? If he remains emotionless during the initial first stages of the episode, he can remain blameless. Remember Bush at the elementary school reading about a pet goat while the twin towers burned? Is Obama doing the same thing, only in slow motion?

He says that he is mad at BP. Who cares what he feels? A leader doesn't gripe about being lied to, a leader does something and accepts the consequences of his actions. Obama has shown us all that he is not a leader.

Instead he is now telling us that he is going to appoint a committee to look into the entire accident. Please listen Mr. President; we don't need a committee, not right now. We need this thing to get plugged up and we want it done right now. You have made many mistakes in this episode but there is still a chance to save the situation. Please act like a leader and start making some decisions.

Source: www.rense.com
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 am

I hope rense donates his hair. I'm pulling mine out.
    Obama has not been programmed to respond to this emergency , er, maybe he has.Waffles anyone?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 21, 2010 4:44 am

Gulf Oil Spill Idea Wiki. Contribute and Collaborate Now!

Whether you are looking to suggest an idea, contribute or collaborate on existing ideas on how to fix the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, this is the place to do it.

http://spillwiki.alexanderhiggins.com/MainPage.ashx

Mercuriel you had some ideas it may be good you add them there .

Love Always
    mudra
    sabina
    sabina

Post  sabina Fri May 21, 2010 4:45 am

thank you transcoso for your posting about obamas reaction I mean non reaction . Imo he is the same puppet than Bush, maybe even worst, because many peoples gave him a lot of credit bush everybody knows is an idiot. Maybe even Freeman is right that obama is a clone!!
    Iam much concerned about this oilcarpet which will reach even europe. Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Kopfschuettel Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Confused
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 am

Obama is just doing what he is programmed to do, whoever thought he would be different?
    This is sort of off topic but on , the astrological importance of Uranus in Aries, starting NOW :
    http://www.new-moon-epiphany.co.uk/#/uranus-in-aries/4537000531
    timely , relevant and what we need.
    by all means pray but be local vocal, this is a crime of seriously epic proportions. Use your voice. I see Erin Brockovitch has come out of her mansion...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 am

Aries is a fire sign and Uranus a planet that creates the unexpected. Fire ~ sun, volcanoes, wild fires, lightening strikes, electrical failures are typical elements that may be affected under the Uranus transit. This also relates to temper flare-ups (civil unrest, conflict, erruptions in personal relationships and various transactions). I would expect to see a lot of dissolution of various commitments, agreements, contracts during this transit as well as Aries can also be very volitile. Aries is also the sign of new beginnings so we shall see chaos, the upset of traditional corporate values pertaining to TPTB and big business as the people not in power are now in revolt across the globe. Expect more of the same in other places as well. Complacentcy is no longer in vogue as more and more people lose their livelihoods, their homes and their savings. The focus will be on how the corporate world has raped the planet and those who serve them. EYES WIDE OPEN is the current theme. Civil unrest will continue to expand in retaliation as the exploited have nothing else to lose and many are now willing to die rather then bow down to tyrants.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Fri May 21, 2010 9:06 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:I hope rense donates his hair. I'm pulling mine out.
    Obama has not been programmed to respond to this emergency , er, maybe he has.Waffles anyone?

AC ..... you are SO Funny ..... thanks for this .... it's priceless!

Carol .... thanks so much for your extremely cogent explanation of the implications of "Aries in Uranus." speaking as someone with but a rudimentary understanding of astrology (and hardly ANY understanding of numerology! it's sad.), i REALLY REALLY appreciate this breakdown for us lay people of what NOT to be surprised by! in fact, i could already relate to what you were saying in terms of my own life. Very helpful ..... my graditude to you, my sister!

EoNWO, Trancoso, et al ..... sorry, guys, but i've GOT to say this. I am a huge Obama-lover and a "died in the wool" liberal democrat. I respect that we represent a variety of diverse political opinions as Mist-ers, and i won't try to convert you to my way of thinking. Likewise, i can be happy about the freedom we have here to express our differing opinions .... political and otherwise. But i would like respectfully to remind you that our discourse will be much more productive in the long-run if we remember to practice civility ..... which boils down to respect, i suppose.

Of course, you have the right NOT to like Obama and his policies, but please respect my right to vehemently disagree with you. Demonizing our political leaders (or even the PTB for that matter) really doesn't get us anywhere. the problems which made this disaster in the Gulf a possibility have their roots in long-standing policies whose "evil" can be laid at the feet of ALL political parties & administrations. not to mention at the feet of you and me who in our apathy have let "them" get away with this for so long! not only have we LET them ..... we have DEMANDED that they "turn a blind eye" in the name of cheap energy and personal convenience and at the expense of much more important things like the safety of our country and the health of the planet.

Forgive me if i've been too long on my "soapbox" about this. but imo the primary culprit in this crisis is ALL OF US ..... none of this could have happened if we had cared enough beforehand to scare the politicians into listening to our demands rather than the to the big-money being waved in their faces by the oil & gas lobbies! "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa."

with much love,
    hippihill
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 am

I disagree hippihillbobbi with respect to all of this being our fault. One can lay that claim on the collective if the collective knew beforehand what was to transpire. Instead, what happens is often decisions are made in secret by the few, not the many and the many have to deal with the consequences.

As for Obama, one knows a person by their acts. Obama rammed the Health Care package through and it will take years to clean up the mess this will create. It also benefits insurance companies. Having been in the health care field for many, many years, they create more problems then they solve as it is often the insurance company that makes medical decisions for the patient instead of the doctor. Health Care Insurance Companies should be abolished outright. If all of the money that went to health care insurance companies when directly to health care services instead, this nation would be in much better shape.

Next, Obama is also not big on press conferences where he is open to being questioned by the press. Why is that? Next, he knew (had been contacted by the secret governments as a teen) that one day he was to be president and has been groomed for years and years for this job. This is no newbie to the political workings of this nation. Furthermore, he capitulated to Big Business by bailing out the banks instead of the people. If that money had gone to pay everyone's house mortgage instead, the banks would have been saved along with the people. Instead the banks get the bailouts while charging 28 percent interest on credit cards and only giving 1.5 interest in savings. This is criminal in and of itself.

I saw G.W. Bush as the disaster that sold out this nation and this includes all of the Bush family including Poppy who participated in JFK's death and has been privy to future time-travel information since the 60s. Obama was also privy to furture time-travel info about his being president of the US. However, this man was not born on US soil and it is unconstitutional for him to hold this office and he knows it. I personally heard his grandmother talk about his being born in South Africa and the children in the background telling grandma that she wasn't suppose to talk about where he was born. I'm sorry hippihillbobbi, but the man is unethical and should be tried for treason along with the Bush family, Cheney and many others as well. They do and did not serve this nation, they only served their own self-interests. And we all know how POWER can be very addicting. It's power over others they seek and it is at the expense of those who just don't see what goes on behind the scenes.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    keith
    keith

Post  keith Fri May 21, 2010 11:08 am

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 am

Top-hat with Glycol or Ethanol mix would keep Ice Free - Cap it and gather most of It - And give Efforts a chance to catch up but Alas - They have passed the Crux Point I am thinking and have been found sorely lacking...

It really makes You think why They used the Idea and then abandoned it wholesale. Perhaps the People dealing with this is not the Karma They want and through that Energetic - They'll seal Their Fates whereas They'll then have Judged Themselves in Insanity. In the end We All do the Will regardless...

Blink

Can We hear It ? The Thunder gathering I mean. Can't We feel It ???

Heh heh

I keep saying to Myself - And the flippin' TV LOL - "Get My Butt down there and I'll zip this up for 'em. They have only deadends and deadplans to propose ? Surely the People and Gaia deserve much better from Their likes."

Owell - It's like Witnessing a falling Building...

Harp

Last edited by Mercuriel on Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 am

thank god I don't have too much power I'd be AWE Full .
    yeah yeah, obarma was long term groomed and selected, thats for sure. Those Builderburgers,... boys will be boys eh, ? Hitlary too. Political Ponerology, great book , describes the personality disorder (?) that allows one to crawl up and over and remain at the top.
    I was also thinking I'm tired of being lumped in with the humans who allowed this to happen. I'm sure as hell not responsible for this, I NEVER sit on the fence. I don't think the government is EVER out to help us. I don't trust big bizness, not at all. I opt out of just about everything except putting the other side out there.
    Not my fault folks, I'm pissed and if I had my way it would be rainbows and moonbeams all the way, driven by unicorns, of course, not this travesty.
    oooh renses hair, now THAT's a joke. Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Icon_wink http://lyndonlarouche.org/rense.jpg Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Icon_clown
    and just to add, I asked at GLP for some further astrological info because something MAJOR is coming, I feel it in my waters. Lots of good info for the astrotard, like me.
    ok, I had to remove the glp link or you get an IP address banned thing coming up. there is a thread there called "Is there an astrologer in da house" with more in depth stuff for those that want to take it further. very very interesting .. if you are a weirdo, with a cause , our time will come . Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Icon_bounce and soon!

Last edited by anomalous cowherd on Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : can't shut up/ don't want you to see the burger king guy)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 21, 2010 2:32 pm

The Oil Mess

From Pure energy systems : http://pesn.com/2010/05/02/9501643_Mother_of_all_gushers_could_kill_Earths_oceans/#Paul%20Noel

I really do think that the situation is getting further and further out of hand.

By yesterday morning, the nature of the crude had changed, indicating that the spill was collapsing the rock structures. How much I cannot say. If it is collapsing the rock structures, the least that can be said is that the rock is fragmenting and blowing up the tube with the oil. With that going on you have a high pressure abrasive sand blaster working on the kinks in the pipe eroding it causing the very real risk of increasing the leaks.

More than that is the very real risk of causing the casing to become unstable and literally blowing it up the well bringing the hole to totally open condition. Another risk arises because according to reports the crew was cementing the exterior of the casing when this happens. As a result, the well, if this was not properly completed, could begin to blow outside the casing. Another possible scenario is a sea floor collapse. If that happens Katie bar the door.

Possible Fix

I do not see any good possibilities from humans further fracturing the rock particularly at higher levels. That is the cap rock that is holding the deposit together.

I do see a possible use of explosives for favorable outcome. If a properly sized charge were applied in a shaped fashion around the drill pipe at some distance from it say 5 feet or so it is entirely possible that an explosive charge could pinch the pipe off similar to a hydraulic clamp. The resulting situation would vastly reduce the spill. Once you clamped off the pipe much more substantially say down to 1 foot or less opening the resulting pipe could be charge cut above the location and a tapered pipe fitted to it to collect any leaking oil. The end result would be to contain the spill and dramatically control any leaks because drill mud could then be entered into the pipe fitted to the exterior. In the end, the pipe could be controlled that way. The size of a charge to do this would be a few pounds not megatons.

A nuclear detonation carries the real risk of giving us the full doomsday scenario on this well. I just don't like doing that. There is no coming back from the brink when you do that one. If it works, which I see as unlikely, great. If it doesn't work, there is now a maybe a hole 1/4 mile across leaking oil. That looks worse than any possible outcomes otherwise.

Oil Deposit Capacity

The BP people are not talking, but this well is into a deposit that easily could top 500,000 barrels production per day for 10 or 15 years. Letting that all go in one blast seems more than foolish.

The deposit is one I have known about since 1988. The deposit is very big. The central pressure in the deposit is 165 to 170 thousand PSI. It contains so much hydrocarbon that you simply cannot imagine it. In published reports, BP estimated a blow out could reach near 200,000 Barrels per day (165,000) They may have estimated a flow rate on a 5 foot pipe. The deposit is well able to surpass this.

The oil industry has knowledge of the deposit more than they admit. The deposit is 100 miles off shore. They are drilling into the edge of the deposit to leak it down gently to be able to produce from the deposit. The deposit is so large that while I have never heard exact numbers it was described to me to be either the largest or the second largest oil deposit ever found. It is mostly a natural gas deposit. That is another reason not to blast too willy nilly there. The natural gas that could be released is really way beyond the oil in quantity. It is like 10,000 times the oil in the deposit.

It is this deposit that has me reminding people of what the Shell geologist told me about the deposit. This was the quote, "Energy shortage..., Hell! We are afraid of running out of air to burn." The deposit is very large. It covers an area off shore something like 25,000 square miles. Natural Gas and Oil is leaking out of the deposit as far inland as Central Alabama and way over into Florida and even over to Louisiana almost as far as Texas. This is a really massive deposit. Punching holes in the deposit is a really scary event as we are now seeing.

Rig and Pipe Info

The pipe is a fairly rigid pipe and sticks up out of the Blow out prevention device for some distance before it bends over and kinks off. The distance is not long but is enough to do what I suggested. Explosive forming of metals is a standard technology and under water it is easier. The charge focuses very predictably.

Imaging a long straw that is 1 mile long and has kinked over in several locations. This is about what you have. I have seen the submarine photos from early on. Just a really big straw. It has about a 1.5 or 2 foot diameter drill pipe in the center with about a 10 inch hole down the center. I am not exactly sure on the drill pipe size. The casing here is very thick steel. It has to handle massive pressures.

The rig is quite some distance away from the well. It may be a 1/4 mile or more away. It sort of bent over and then kinked the pipe as it went down.

I guess the size here sort of bends the imagination. This rig has a deck area of about 3 to 4 acres. It had a crew quarters on board that had about 120 people in it. (Imagine a big hotel here.) The hotel on the rig was about 4 stories high. You just cannot imagine until you see these rigs how big they are. If you want to see one go to Mobile Bay. Gulf High Island 2 and other rigs in the area can be seen clearly for 90 miles from Pensacola Florida. The towers go up 1100 feet. You can take the ferry right between two rigs if you go from Fort Morgan to Dauphin Island. There is no comparison to these rig anywhere in the world. They are the biggest ever built bar none.

Controls That Should Have Been In Place

By the way, I am not against drilling it, I am just against doing so without proper controls.

The rig that was drilling was not a US Flagged rig. That means US Inspectors were not allowed on board the rig to inspect it. As a matter of National Security under the GATT the USA has a right to demand US Only in various technology. The USA should never allow a foreign flag vessel to drill for oil in the US Economic Zone (200 mile limit).
    Acoustic automated shut of devices should be required.
    I think US Federal Inspectors should have to be resident on and inspecting rigs like this 24/7.
    I think that the drilling should be required to do some smaller holes that deliberately miss the main deposit that test the structure before main drilling operations happen.
    Careful procedures should be in place to set up wells before they hit the main deposit. The well casing should have to be inserted well before the drill hits the deposit and it should have to be cemented in at least 2 weeks prior to finishing the hole down to the oil or gas. This is to give the cement time to set. The casing should have ridging to make this cement have a tight wedged grip on the miles of rock around it. This is required because the lift pressure on a pipe in this case could easily reach 20 million pounds of lift. This is an insane amount of up pressure. Even at 70,000 psi it would lift about 140 million pounds. (almost 64,000 long tons!)

Haste from Economic Pressure

I suspect that the series of disasters we have seen in mines around the world and in the USA regards coal and oil are the product of pushing the crews and developments too fast due to the high economic pressures. This happened the last time (Sago and others) when the economic pressure started rising.

The economic pressures on the energy prices are stunning. Everyone is trying to keep their economy going. You can measure the economic output of a nation directly with the energy consumption day to day. The USA dropped its energy consumption in the current downturn (depression) by about 24%. It is now rising again. We are about 19% down and rising. The current situation is that the developments in oil/gas and coal are not keeping pace with what is going to be the demand shortly. They cannot even hope to meet the demand.

This is why I said that Alternative Energy is the only hope.

They can push the pedal to the metal (figuratively speaking) and there is not going to be a speed up much. Since human demand is going to force increases in supply towards 3 times the current level in less than 30 years, we are looking at a big hole with no hope of fixing it.

Air pollution world wide is reaching levels that are at the limits of the environment to take the demands. This increase in energy has to come from somewhere else.

Nuclear power doesn't have the potential. It turns out to run out of fuel in about 30 years. Worse yet solving the problem with nuclear doesn't do anything but boil away scarce fresh water supplies. All combustion does this. The only solutions are ones where the energy comes from somewhere else. Solar and Wind are good options. .....

The collapse of rock structures is even more scary. Mexico has one entire state that is being held up by nitrogen injection wells that would sink if that gas is released. This is not funny stuff. I know I get punched by the "know nothings" out there with political agenda, but I will risk it. If you will note the Oil and Gas people pretty much don't say anything against me. They know. I have been to some of their events and they actually like what I have to say. They cannot say it for fear of their jobs.

# # #

Paul Noel, 52, works as Software Engineer (as Contractor) for the US Army at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. He has a vast experience base including education across a wide area of technical skills and sciences. He supplies technical expertise in all areas required for new products development associated with the US Army office he works in. He supplies extensive expertise in understanding the Oil and Gas industry as well. Paul is also a founding member of the New Energy Congress.

Love Always
    mudra
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 pm

We need new timeline.

BC
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri May 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Bushycat: We have what I call "timeline shifters" in place on the Gulf shore. Let's move our positive thoughtforms in that direction. The timeline is wide open: let's do what is necessary in a good, kind, and gentle way. The answers are blowing around in the wind. Let's see the answers, communicate them to the fixers, and act as if the closure of the gusher is already underway. The path of communication to those who would "fix" the problem is open. We only have to see or dream the answer and then make sure the fixers hear the answer and then it is up to them to manifest it. Planetary miracles can and do happen. It's time. Let's get rolling here.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 5:53 pm

My channels are open....
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Empty Gulf Oil Spill

Post  Jenetta Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 pm

bushycat wrote:We need new timeline.

BC

Just read in this morning's newspaper that the crude oil leaked has now contaminated 65 kilomentres of the Bayou in Louisiana...such a travesty! I have fired off a Letter to our Liberal MP Ignatieff on this issue as well as what our region (British Columbia) is facing with a company out of Alberta called Enbridge who wishes to construct an oil pipeline (Northern Gateway Project) from the tar sands in Alberta through the mountains of BC and onto the coast at Kitimat where the crude will be loaded onto tankers which would be travelling 1200 kms. of our pristine coastline...arrghh! More letters are to come as we cannot allow ourselves to sleep on this issue.
    The Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico is now spinning the crude around the coast of Florida...once into the Gulf Stream it will contaminate the marine oceanic wildlife superhighway on the East Coast of the United States and Canada..

Post  mudra Fri May 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Dragon10

Men were fearing earthquakes to take their lives away and blame it on Gaia's fits .
    What an irony when you think about it .
    Humanity does'nt need the assistance of Gaia to kill itself .
    It's foolishness has reached a point unprecedented in history .
    The catastrophy we are facing now man created himself .
    In his search for power and greed it is the life of an ocean that he
    is taking away and to it's innocent hosts he forces the toil pill down to death.
    Now that agony is reaching shores... that coasts from where men used to gaze at a crystal blue sea
    are being replaced by deserts of far reaching blackness ...will humanity wake up at last ?
    Will this open her eyes ? Will she realize the depth of her sleep ?
    And finally more important even ...will she open her Heart ?
    For this and only this will be the true miracle from which a New world can emerge .
    A complete soul shift is to take place .
    What the lotus does to raise from the mud we as One community of beings have to do ....
    dig for the the very best within ourselves in terms of strengh , hope , unwavering Love and a clear vision
    to follow the same path...from the abyss to the light .

Indeed Diane and Linda.. a quantum jump through the heart will bring us to a brand new timeline .

Love Always
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Fri May 21, 2010 7:40 pm

If You Spill It, They Will Come: Costner, Cameron, Redford Solve the Gulf Oil Catastrophe?

If this were a movie, it would be too unbelievable. Since it's real life, well…it's even more unbelievable. Ready for this one? We may have Kevin Costner to thank for solving the Gulf Coast's oil spill crisis. Of course, Mr. Dances With Wolves isn't working alone. James Cameron and Robert Redford are also lending some much needed (albeit curiously qualified) hands to the cause…

Here'sthe deal: Earlier this month, Costner unveiled an oil-cleaning device to which he has devoted 15 years and $24 million to a mightily impressed and, let's be honest, somewhat flabbergasted, public. Costner came up with the device, which basically filters oil out of water—novel idea, huh?—while filming Waterworld.

(He purchased the technology, first developed by the Departmentof Energy after the disastrous Exxon Valdez spill.)

This week, since it has no other ideas, BP OK'd preliminary testing on "the Costnersolution." The company and the U.S. Coast Guard will test six of the oil separators next week.

"It's not anymore about talk," Costner said this month while unveiling the project his team of scientists have spent the better part of two decades finessing. "It's about doing the walk, and that phrase was probably invented down here."

And lest you think Costner is just the bizarrely-chosen face of this project, think again.

"Yes, Kevin is a star, but he took his stardom and wrote all the checks for this project out of his own pocket," business partner and Louisiana attorney John Houghtaling told the Los Angeles Times.

Still confused? You're in good company. Well, company.

"It certainly is an odd thing to see a 'Kevin Costner' and a 'centrifugal oil separator' together in a place like the Gulf of Mexico," Stephen Baldwin, who himself is making a documentary about the oil spill, told the paper.

Yeah, almost as odd as seeing a "Stephen Baldwin" and a "documentary about the oil spill" together in one place. His funding alone boggles the mind.

"But, hey, some of the best ideas sometimes come from the strangest places."

Like, say, the biggest movie of all time?

Cameron has also offered up the use of his underwater vessels should they prove helpful in cleaning up the environmental disaster, while Redford has pitched in to help, too, appearing in a commercial for the Natural Resources Defense Council, which is hoping to use the horrific disaster as a wake-up call for the government to get real on finding and using clean energy sources.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20100521/b182270/

An older article and video...http://www.wwltv.com/news/Kevin-Costners-solution-to-the-BP-oil-crisis.html
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 am

Carol et al --

Well, i'm sure you realize that i respecfully but vehemently disagree with practically everything you said about Obama .... but i don't really think this is the appropriate place to discuss our differing views here.

Apparently i "hit a nerve" with my sense that the guilt over this oil spill should be assumed by Us as a collective -- as consumers in a society which worships money, encourages greed, and deliberately turns a blind eye to the human and environmental tragedies such a worldview inevitably creates. Maybe ya'll have been more active in your resistance to being a part of "the matrix" in this sense ..... maybe ya'll have been writing letters and e-mails and Letters-to-Editor and calling your congressional representatives and talking to your friends, family and neighbors about stopping the moneyed interests (whether it be banking and Wall Street, insurance companies, oil & gas corporations, or whatever) from derailing all attempts at regulation which might have prevented the Gulf oil spill, as well as the economic crisis which continues to keep so many people "down" (not only here but worldwide). and, if so, then you can rightfully pat yourself on the back. i do SINCERELY applaud you!

but i guess, even so, i myself still feel i should assume my "fair share" of the responsibility for the immoral shortsightedness of those "in charge" here .... whether we focus on the oil companies and their corporate "partners in crime," or on the various government agencies which have conspired over many years to create the conditions to make this "perfefct storm" a calamitous reality. if somehow humanity survives this disaster, i believe future generations will definitely assign blame to all of us .... and will consider us partners (oftentimes silent) in the greedy and stupid quest for More and More which inevitably ends in these types of ugly scenarios: more and more poor and sick Americans ..... and a raped planet. This is the same type of "collective guilt" i feel regarding the historical sin of white America against "colored" people, including native Americans. i am not able to separate myself from these national sins. and if we believe what we say about the importance of transcending duality and separateness and embracing our Oneness, this seems to me a natural consequence.

Namaste,
    bobbi

Carol wrote:I disagree hippihillbobbi with respect to all of this being our fault. One can lay that claim on the collective if the collective knew beforehand what was to transpire. Instead, what happens is often decisions are made in secret by the few, not the many and the many have to deal with the consequences.

As for Obama, one knows a person by their acts. Obama rammed the Health Care package through and it will take years to clean up the mess this will create. It also benefits insurance companies. Having been in the health care field for many, many years, they create more problems then they solve as it is often the insurance company that makes medical decisions for the patient instead of the doctor. Health Care Insurance Companies should be abolished outright. If all of the money that went to health care insurance companies when directly to health care services instead, this nation would be in much better shape.

Next, Obama is also not big on press conferences where he is open to being questioned by the press. Why is that? Next, he knew (had been contacted by the secret governments as a teen) that one day he was to be president and has been groomed for years and years for this job. This is no newbie to the political workings of this nation. Furthermore, he capitulated to Big Business by bailing out the banks instead of the people. If that money had gone to pay everyone's house mortgage instead, the banks would have been saved along with the people. Instead the banks get the bailouts while charging 28 percent interest on credit cards and only giving 1.5 interest in savings. This is criminal in and of itself.

I saw G.W. Bush as the disaster that sold out this nation and this includes all of the Bush family including Poppy who participated in JFK's death and has been privy to future time-travel information since the 60s. Obama was also privy to furture time-travel info about his being president of the US. However, this man was not born on US soil and it is unconstitutional for him to hold this office and he knows it. I personally heard his grandmother talk about his being born in South Africa and the children in the background telling grandma that she wasn't suppose to talk about where he was born. I'm sorry hippihillbobbi, but the man is unethical and should be tried for treason along with the Bush family, Cheney and many others as well. They do and did not serve this nation, they only served their own self-interests. And we all know how POWER can be very addicting. It's power over others they seek and it is at the expense of those who just don't see what goes on behind the scenes.
    CetaceousOne
    CetaceousOne

Post  CetaceousOne Sat May 22, 2010 1:36 am

What a mess...... Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 4 Icon_mad
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 22, 2010 3:31 am

Indeed great news Clearwater . This is very welcome as it will help to contain the spill .

The major issue though is still to stop the leakage ...

Love Always
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat May 22, 2010 3:40 am

Mudra,
    your posts are
    WONDERFUL!
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sat May 22, 2010 3:49 am

Kevin Costner, whoulda thiunk? But good on him, and if it doesn't work out maybe James Cameron can hook us all up with a CG reality and pods, it's getting too painful for some to see the reality of this situation, and still it is not capped.
    To the ILL- uminazis, humanity means nothing more than a slave population they can abuse at will. It's basically a card game and we aren't in .
    Ever see the NWO card deck? chilling, and not in a good way here is the oil spill card:
    http://stevequayle.com/News.alert/10_Photo_of_Day/100521.photo.of.day.b.html
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 am

hippihillbobbi wrote:Carol et al --

Well, i'm sure you realize that i respecfully but vehemently disagree with practically everything you said about Obama .... but i don't really think this is the appropriate place to discuss our differing views here.

Apparently i "hit a nerve" with my sense that the guilt over this oil spill should be assumed by Us as a collective -- as consumers in a society which worships money, encourages greed, and deliberately turns a blind eye to the human and environmental tragedies such a worldview inevitably creates. Maybe ya'll have been more active in your resistance to being a part of "the matrix" in this sense ..... maybe ya'll have been writing letters and e-mails and Letters-to-Editor and calling your congressional representatives and talking to your friends, family and neighbors about stopping the moneyed interests (whether it be banking and Wall Street, insurance companies, oil & gas corporations, or whatever) from derailing all attempts at regulation which might have prevented the Gulf oil spill, as well as the economic crisis which continues to keep so many people "down" (not only here but worldwide). and, if so, then you can rightfully pat yourself on the back. i do SINCERELY applaud you!

but i guess, even so, i myself still feel i should assume my "fair share" of the responsibility for the immoral shortsightedness of those "in charge" here .... whether we focus on the oil companies and their corporate "partners in crime," or on the various government agencies which have conspired over many years to create the conditions to make this "perfefct storm" a calamitous reality. if somehow humanity survives this disaster, i believe future generations will definitely assign blame to all of us .... and will consider us partners (oftentimes silent) in the greedy and stupid quest for More and More which inevitably ends in these types of ugly scenarios: more and more poor and sick Americans ..... and a raped planet. This is the same type of "collective guilt" i feel regarding the historical sin of white America against "colored" people, including native Americans. i am not able to separate myself from these national sins. and if we believe what we say about the importance of transcending duality and separateness and embracing our Oneness, this seems to me a natural consequence.

Namaste,
    bobbi

Carol wrote:I disagree hippihillbobbi with respect to all of this being our fault. One can lay that claim on the collective if the collective knew beforehand what was to transpire. Instead, what happens is often decisions are made in secret by the few, not the many and the many have to deal with the consequences.

I find the presidency of Obama disappointing.

The reason for his peculiar behaviour might be found in this article.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/news-views-f9/is-the-military-threatening-to-kill-obama-yes-t232.htm

Politicians/politics suck!
    Big time!
    Because whenever those f#ckers really can make a difference, they don't.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:12 am