tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
lawlessline
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Floyd
tacodog
spiritwarrior
gscraig
eMonkey
hobbit
dolphin
newel
burgundia
CetaceousOne
ClearWater
Jenetta
sabina
bigmo
hippihillbobbi
anomalous cowherd
mudra
keith
enemyofNWO
TRANCOSO
lindabaker
Blacklight43
Micjer
Anchor
Pheryllt
Carol
Mercuriel
Bobbie
34 posters

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

mudra
    mudra

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  mudra Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Gulf of Mexico Presents Unprecedented Toxicity Problems

by Kim Evans

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19962

If you`re living in the U.S., particularly within a thousand miles of the Gulf, you need to detoxify your body now. Here`s why: Crude oil is packed with a toxic chemical called benzene. Even in small amounts, benzene is associated with leukemia, Hodgkin`s Lymphoma and other serious blood and immune system diseases. The EPA`s "safe level" for benzene is 4 ppb (parts per billion) and benzene is being found in Gulf air at levels of 3,000 ppb. Crude oil is being smelled hundreds of miles away, and make no mistake, if you can smell oil, you`re breathing highly toxic benzene.

With the oil, numerous toxic gases are also gushing from earth and gases that everyone near the Gulf is being exposed to include hydrogen sulfide and methylene chloride. The EPA`s allowable limit for hydrogen sulfide is 5-10 ppb (parts per billion), but on May 3rd air levels of 1,192 ppb were recorded. A former oil company CEO says these levels pose serious, even fatal, risks to adults and unborn children. Hydrogen sulfide acts like carbon monoxide and cyanide gases - it inhibits cellular respiration and oxygen uptake, and causes cellular suffocation. As for methylene chloride, the body changes it to carbon monoxide - and it`s known to cause liver damage, skin damage and cancer. The EPA`s safe level for methylene chloride is 61 ppb - and it`s being found in the air at levels of 3,000 ppb.

Most people know that the chemical dispersant BP is using is highly toxic. It`s so toxic that the EPA ordered BP to use a different and less toxic dispersant - an order which BP ignored. Currently, over a million gallons of these toxic chemicals have been dumped into our oceans. With the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the same dispersant caused serious respiratory, liver, nervous system, kidney and blood damage in people - and reports that clean up crews in the Gulf are falling ill are plenty. On the manufacturer`s label, it says that no toxicity testing has been done, but these chemicals being used in enormous and uncontained quantities are obviously very toxic.

All of this sounds bad, and it is, but here`s the kicker: as part of the earth`s interconnected ecosystem, rain water comes from the oceans. So, it shouldn`t be a surprise that scientists are predicting severe destruction across the U.S. from toxic rains - and it appears the first cases are being reported about 400 miles from the Gulf. In fact, hundreds of acres of Tennessee farm land are at risk.

The crops have small, raindrop-sized burn marks on them and while the mainstream media is reporting crop damage, they haven`t yet made the connection between the toxic, chemical-ridden rains and the potential crop failure. It`s being reported that these raindrop-sized burn marks are affecting everything in sight, and no plant is immune. Dead birds are also being found nearby. These crops may fail and if they do survive, it`s likely they`ll be toxic to consume because plants being watered with toxic chemicals will absorb those chemicals into their cells.

So, what can you do? Detoxify your body now and continue to do so regularly in the months and years to come. These chemicals in the air - and likely soon in the drinking water and in crops that do survive - present a very real danger inside our bodies. Thankfully, there are methods to remove these chemicals - but it`s up to you to take the steps to do so.

Global Research Articles by Kim Evans

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Empty Re: Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill

Post  mudra Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:03 pm

California Notified Of Gulf Evacuation Plans
    June 29, 2010

Wayne Madsen Report

A well-placed source in California told WMR that the California Emergency Management Agency (CEMA) has been briefed by its counterpart agencies in the Gulf coast states that there are plans to conduct a mass evacuation of millions of Gulf coast residents due to the catastrophic environmental and public health effects of the BP oil disaster.
    CEMA officials have been briefed on the planned evacuations by counterparts in the Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
    The Gulf states’ emergency planners stressed to their California counterparts that they are dealing with a disaster of unprecedented proportions and that contingency plans are being constantly updated and revised on ways to deal with the transformation of the Gulf of Mexico into a deadly “toxic soup” of oil and Corexit 9500 oil dispersants and the atmosphere into a dangerous mixture of hydrocarbon gases.
    CEMA was briefed on the impending mass evacuation since California would be expected to absorb a large number of evacuees from the Gulf states. CEMA officials did not say how the state of California, which is virtually bankrupt, would pay for the influx of hundreds of thousands and perhaps greater numbers of evacuees from the Gulf coastal region.

http://theintelhub.com/2010/06/29/california-notified-of-gulf-evacuation-plans/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:10 pm

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010

Department of Energy: Oil Well Drill Pipe Was Violently Ejected Upwards Into the Blowout Preventer

The Department of Energy says that drill pipe from the BP pil well was violently ejected upwards into the blowout preventer.

As the Los Angeles Times notes today:
    A team of scientists from the Energy Department discovered a new twist: Their sophisticated imaging equipment detected not one but two drill pipes, side by side, inside the wreckage of the well's blowout preventer on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

BP officials said it was impossible. The Deepwater Horizon rig, which drilled the well, used a single pipe, connected in segments, to bore 13,000 feet below the ocean floor. But when workers cut into the wreckage to install a containment cap this month, sure enough, they found two pipes.

The discovery suggested that the force of the erupting petroleum from BP's well on April 20 was so violent that it sent pipe segments hurtling into the blowout preventer, like derailing freight cars.

It also offered a tantalizing theory for the failure of the well's last line of defense, the powerful pinchers called shear rams inside the blowout preventer that should have cut the pipe and stopped the rising oil and gas from reaching the Deepwater Horizon 5,000 feet above. Drilling experts say those rams, believed to be partially deployed, could have been thwarted by the presence of a second pipe.

The doubled-up drill pipe joins a list of clues that is helping scientists understand the complexities of the Deepwater Horizon accident, and from that, craft changes in how deep-water drilling is conducted.

"We still don't really know what's in" the well wreckage, said Energy Secretary Steven Chu, whose team discovered the second pipe using gamma-ray imaging. He added: "If there were two drill pipes down there when the shear rams closed, or two drill pipes below, is it possible that in the initial accident … there was an explosive release of force?…Did it buckle and snap?…The more we know about this, the better we can know what to do next."

read more here : http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/06/secretary-of-energy-steven-chu-confirms.html

Love Always
    mudra
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Empty BP Oil Sprill

Post  Jenetta Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Excerpt from Shape of Things To Come
    4. Global awakening – The Web Bots and ALTA reports point to a global awakening and new human consciousness of the false flag nature of the BP oil spill disaster capitalism, environmental war operation. This global awakening may be part of the factors that prevents mega deaths foreseen in BP oil spill worse case scenarios, or are sought after by the corrupt elite causing the BP oil spill and destabilizing international relations so as to cause global nuclear war.
    Metaw3
    Oh and if you haven't read the 2 last Shape of Things to Come, it's a must.[/quote]
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I just watched Gasland and it's very relevant to current concerns about poisoning from the oil disaster. The music is great: American folk with banjo and fiddle. The movie just came out and its timing can't be better. As I said it's relevant even though it's about water and air poisoning from the thousands of natural gas wells over the USA. They talk about the same chemicals, benzene and all. Warning: it's heartbreaking.

http://www.letmewatchthis.com/watch-351709-GasLand

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dZe1AeH0Qz8&hl=fr_FR&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dZe1AeH0Qz8&hl=fr_FR&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

dolphin
    dolphin

Post  dolphin Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:56 am

thank you mudra for the video (have seen :-)), AC the more i look at this, it appears to be the ingredients of a HOAX. the video is done well to explain.

i posted the below on another place:

i've been trying to figure out why corexit? ... and this guy has given the most comprehensive analysis which confirms my belief they needed the "oil spill" to cull the population using COREXIT!! corexit is one of the main reasons to cull the population, not the oil itself.

Breaking the Illusion of the BP Oil Spill - NWO Agenda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7_NoeeCyc&feature=player_embedded

1. why a live cam? they don't even allow people to get near the beaches so why would they show a live camera feed and be so generous? shakespeare was so correct. all "life's a stage "...so we believe the ILLUSION

2. james fox reported that when he was flying over the gulf, they were allowed to fly right over the actual well, but were prohibited to fly in areas near or around it. to me, that's a red flag right there. i believe they didn't want him to fly over the other wells that have been allowed to leak on purpose. now this guy on the video believes the wells surrounding the well have been allowed to leak oil.

2a. obama sends swat teams to not just the deepwater oil rig but surrounding oil rigs as well. i think he did that to hide the other wells that have been allowed to leak oil. i think most of the oil is coming from other rigs, NOT the oil coming from the volcano. and the quantity of oil, they are reporting is really questionable. is it really in such vast quantities?

2b. no fly zone, no press allowed, private security companies.

3. other people have been commenting on the fact that the oil from the live cam doesn't look like like oil, should be black, not redish.... it's really volcanic material. the oil that comes to the shores have been tar balls.

4. max igan commenting on the fact that we haven't seen the quantity of oil that should be present by now, despite corexit pushing most of the oil to the floor. but still we should see more oil than what is being washed up.

.... what else ?...to me it, it points to a HOAX so far

i think when they do a false flag, it serves multiple purposes like a chess match:
    --pushing the carbon tax
    --creating an emotional frequency of the whole planet into a low vibration of fear
    --killing dolphins and whales and preventing more offspring or souls that vibrate at a high frequency--according to many they sustain our planets frequency (see. aron mccullum interview, keisha crowther, etc.)
    --taking america down financially
    --limiting water resources (i.e. toxic rain and climate change)
    --something few talk about, according to what i've read, ancient atlantis will resurface above water (i assume by some earthquake/tectonic shift) for all to see, and that there can be no dispute that it once existed. isn't part of atlantis somewhere in the carribean? if they decide to nuke the thing then that could potentially destroy what's down there.
    --perhaps some type of space portal that is located in that region they want to secure or destroy
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Empty Bilderburg Group Gives Green Light For War With Iran

Post  Jenetta Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:12 am

metaw3 wrote:Prophecies for 2010: TimeWave Zero, The Shape of Things to Come, Credo Mutwa and others :

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3510-Timewave-Zero-Graph-Matches-Web-Bot-Graph

http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2010m6d30-Web-Bot-12-billion-dead-in-BP-oil-spill-Nov-2010-nuclear-war--Accurate--Will-ETs-intervene

Oh and if you haven't read the 2 last Shape of Things to Come, it's a must.

Metaw3 your not far off the mark with what is described in the Examiner article
    Picked this video up from Helvetic over at PA2...with a very interesting interview with Paul Craig Roberts Author of How the Economy Was Lost

Drinking Cup o
    sabina
    sabina

Post  sabina Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:27 am

Jenetta wrote:Excerpt from Shape of Things To Come
    4. Global awakening – The Web Bots and ALTA reports point to a global awakening and new human consciousness of the false flag nature of the BP oil spill disaster capitalism, environmental war operation. This global awakening may be part of the factors that prevents mega deaths foreseen in BP oil spill worse case scenarios, or are sought after by the corrupt elite causing the BP oil spill and destabilizing international relations so as to cause global nuclear war.
    Metaw3
    Oh and if you haven't read the 2 last Shape of Things to Come, it's a must.

hi Jenetta,
    please write a link for this article Shape of things to come ! thank you
    I want to read it. I hope very much people will awake hopefully it will not be too late.there is this one thought I have, maybe this disaster will help to awake some folks but what a big price we have to pay for this .so please wake up folks!!! Read as much as possible and educate yourself and others.
    the Gulf of Mexico is a very sensitive aerea it is the weatherkitchen for the world.then there is the gulfstream bringing northeurope the warm
    weather now we learned it is a volcanic area too !!! It is careless to digg in this aera deep deep oilwells
    Obama this fake president is doing nothing he is even worse than Bush America wake up!!
    Still they are digging in this sensitive aera, there are more oilrigs out there isn`t it?they should stop this immedetly!!But TPTB don`t care they are playing out their apocalypse we the people have to stop this sick game (its not a game)

Again I want to thank you all for your postings Sabina
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 am

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 83084 Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 193366 Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 83084 Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 193366 Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 83084 to the night crew! and Mudra do you ever sleep??
    I think we've got the picture, now how to get others to see it.... Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 30846 The hard part is talking to people who don't have a clue, . nor do they want one. Which is why I go back to my original premise, this seems to HAVE to be so in-your-face awful that it ignites the sleeping masses.
    meanwhile, the chemtrail assault round my way is simply appalling and seemingly very stepped up Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 965945 .. It's strange, when this all kicked off I noticed the lack of chemplanes for some time. Are they simply getting desperate ? Hard to think like them sometimes, who'd want to?
    dolphin, thanks for the sea creature/ high vibration comments, that feels pretty accurate, where did you find the Aaron McCollum reference to that please? I have access to his facebook page but he is SO prolific it is hard to keep up!
    newel
    newel

Post  newel Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:52 am

Jenetta wrote:Metaw3 your not far off the mark with what is described in the Examiner article
    Picked this video up from Helvetic over at PA2...with a very interesting interview with Paul Craig Roberts Author of How the Economy Was Lost

Yes the Corbett report. I watch this guy as soon as he uploads new videos. That would be the original:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8GzaAyEmSw&feature=youtube_gdata

I don't endorse what is prophecized by Cliff High and others. I recommend reading these webbot reports out of curiosity, not to make life decisions. Also, the Examiner and others are a bit misleading about the work of Cliff High. The system developped by Cliff High only picks up keywords. Then Cliff in his reports makes up a scenario of what the meaning could be. These keywords are the real thing, the report about these keywords is only a wild guess. A poor analogy would be dreams. Our dreams reflect what we are going through in reality but most of the times in a strange and distorted way. Now picks up only keywords from the dreams you're gonna have in 6 months and try and guess what your reality will be then. It's not easy to guess, although once it's past you'll probably go: of course that's what those keywords were about. And finally, even if you knew important keywords describing the dreams you're gonna have in 6 months, would you make real life plans based on those dreams? I don't know about your dreams, but I wouldn't, even though I don't discard the importance of dreams. That's a poor analogy but it helps put it in context.
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Empty first hand report from my brother.

Post  lawlessline Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am

Hi all,

My brother has just come back from the G O M. I asked him before he went to build up as much nfo as he could. He is a Boat designer so he spends alot of time out on the water.

I have been able to speak to him for a short time this afternoon, but will try and have a record conversation with him tonight so I can post if here.

Main points of his observations:

There is the smell of toxins in the air, the closer you get to the beach the heavier it gets.

People are cleaning up the beaches with spades and bags. there appears to be dinner plate sized tar oil in most places, or at least where he was.

When he took off from the airport, the plane has to circle the bay before getting hieght for the flight back to the UK. He says he saw oil slicks the size of hampshire, uk about 400 metres offshore. not one but many as the plane made its way across the gulf back over florida. He says the slick is moving along the coast just offshore. This is due to the Gulf loop current, making its way to the gulf stream and across.

He says the spraying of dispersants is quite heavy and he thinks that is the toxic smell around the place.

He said he has more info but he and I were busy so we will be getting the full low down tonight.

He said that it is REAL VERY REAL. NO HOAXING ON THE VOLUME OF OIL. As he knows the seas of the world and the currents very well, he says that if dispersants are injected at source, in his humble opinion, we are oil seeing 10% of the oil reaching the surface. He like myself says keep a very close eye on the gulf stream and the beaches of western Europe.

I will give more info when got it.

He is not a conspiracy person at all. he is an average bloke who doesn't have time for all this stuff we are doing. But he describe the volume of oil as " OH MY GOD". He is not religous either.

Love to you bro and to all here,

t
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am

After thought,

I will be looking at all the Hoax side of things. The spill I think is real, whether it was an accident is another question which I haven't even asked yet. In this type of situation fear mongering is rife, some sites of alternative media are in a frenzy like feed sharks. Be careful of what everyone tells you, I guess my self included.

Yes this smells as a false flag like 9/11, but very real to the people on the front line. So I think alot of the concentration to go to them.

The bad apples will effect the whole barrel, but atleast we will have some good cider if it continues like this. It will expose the bad on every side.

t
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks for these precious first hand infos Tom .
    They go along my own convictions that this spill
    is no hoax but very real .
    I am off tonight but will pop up when I come back
    home and hopefully be able to post new materials .

Thank you all for the good work .

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 am

meanwhile, the chemtrail assault round my way is simply appalling and
    seemingly very stepped up Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 965945 .. It's strange, when this all kicked off I noticed the lack of
    chemplanes for some time.
    Same here.
    Spraying over Amsterdam takes off between 05:00 & 05:30, continues untill 06:30 - 07:00 & by the time people hit the street to go to their jobs, etc. - 80% of the inhabitants of A'dam use bicicles - most of the 'trails' have 'waved out', & look, to most people, like normal clouds.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:02 pm

First amendment has been suspended

<embed width="630" height="385" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="main" id="main" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://video.godlikeproductions.com/modules/vPlayer/vPlayer.swf?f=http://video.godlikeproductions.com/modules/vPlayer/vPlayercfg.php?fid=ff05fef58199b3fa521" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed>

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:23 pm

The BP Environmental Catastrophe: Living on a Dying Delta

by Dahr Jamail

Global Research, June 30, 2010

Our first full day in Louisiana finds us venturing south from New Orleans to Houma, a town about an hours drive to the southwest. It is from here we are to take a flight over the marsh to inspect the damage, thus far, caused by the ongoing BP oil catastrophe.

Walking into the office of Butler Aviation Services at the airport, the downtrodden mood, and accompanying anger, are palpable. Of course this is not assisted by the fact that Vice President Joe Biden is visiting Louisiana today.

“What would you tell Joe if he walked into your office,” Robbie Butler, with the flight service of his name, asks me. He then adds, “Hey Joe, lead, follow, or get out of the way. That’s what I’d tell him.”

At approximately the same time Butler is telling me of these three excellent suggestions, Biden is in downtown New Orleans inside the “command center” meeting with more than 100 BP, government and military officials inside a cavernous office dubbed “the bullpen.” In case anyone wasn’t clear about the priorities of the US government, included in Biden’s entourage are BP’s chief operating officer Doug Suttles, and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. It was Jindal who, on June 2nd, sent an urgent letter to President Obama and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar regarding his grave concerns at the time of the administration’s decision to place a moratorium on deepwater drilling.

The lead paragraph in that letter made it very clear how Jindal’s concern is not with the ongoing catastrophic loss of ecosystems, or even the fisherpersons of his state, but with placating big oil. His letter begins:

“Dear President Obama and Secretary Salazar:

I am writing to express my grave concerns regarding the severe economic impact of a six-month (or longer) suspension of activity at 33 previously permitted deepwater drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, including and in particular the 22 deepwater drilling rigs currently in operation off the Louisiana coast.”

But thanks to an oil-backed judge doing away with said moratorium, and another Obama move regarding offshore drilling, Jindal need not have lost any sleep.

On June 18 Obama administration officials, despite President Obama’s promises for better safeguards for offshore drilling, approved plans for oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico with minimal or no environmental analysis. Since Jindal’s letter on June 2nd, the Department of Interior’s Minerals Management Service has signed off on at least five new offshore drilling projects.

After an hour-long briefing in “the bullpen,” Biden was impressed with what he saw.

“I don’t think the American people have any idea” how many resources are being used to fight the spill, he said.

Butler, on the other hand, along with most folks in southern Louisiana, is not as impressed. He’s been flying people, nearly every day since the disaster began in April, over the affected areas. He begins telling me about what he is seeing.

“It’s not as bad as they show it on TV,” Butler says, “It’s worse. Much worse.”

He looks outside the window at storm clouds forming to our south, then looks back at me.

“There’s no end in sight,” he says sternly, looking deep into my eyes.

Read more here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19974

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:43 pm

15 Gulf Oil Spill Myths

A judge has lifted the moratorium on Gulf oil drilling, but few realize that the moratorium affected fewer than 1% of Gulf of Mexico oil wells. Here's a look at that, and 14 other BP oil spill myths.

Since the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon rig April 20 killed 11 oil rig workers, the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico continues to claim the lives of wildlife, like birds and sea turtles, and compromise the fishing and tourism industries, and threaten the culture of the Gulf coast. That, and it's spawned an awful lot of misconceptions. Here's a look at a few myths that The Daily Green has been watching:

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/bp-gulf-oil-spill-myths-0622#ixzz0sZG9bu6Uill-myths-0622#ixzz0sZFtjhoK

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Pensacola Councilman reports BP bringing in white sand to cover oil, has evidence (VIDEO)
    BY OILFLORIDA, ON JUNE 30TH, 2010

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 pm

TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
    NEWS
    BY STEPHANIE RAMAGE

UGA SCIENTIST: TOO LITTLE RESEARCH ON GASES AT OIL DISASTER SITE IN GULF

Too few research resources, rapidly depleting oxygen, high levels of gas and a looming future as the next Black Sea. Those are some of the highlights of a teleconference today about conditions in the area of the Deep Horizon oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico.

The teleconference was hosted by the University of Georgia, which has taken the lead in academic research on the British Petroleum disaster in the Gulf. UGA marine scientist Samantha Joye repeatedly stressed that oxygen is rapidly being depleted in the Gulf thanks to “tremendous” amounts of gas—about 95 percent of which is methane. To break it down, tiny microbes eat it, but they require nutrients to do so. To eat up all the gases, the microbes would need nearly five times as much oxygen as there presently is in the water.

“Once the gas is dissolved in the water there isn’t much we can do about it,” says Joye, who adds that natural diffusing and spreading will help some.

Joye is examining the layer of water 1,000 to 1,300 meters down. The layer is so oxygen-poor and gas rich, she says, that if it intersected with a shelf that supports life, it would cause problems for "the communities there and higher animals wouldn’t be happy either.”

Already, the fact that so many nutrients are needed for the microbes to break down the gas at that depth raises the danger that the living things that need them higher up, like shrimp, won’t be getting them.

“Any nutrient they [the microbes] sequester in the deep water, won’t be regenerated to the surface,” says Joye.

Water bereft of oxygen is called anoxic. What’s an example of an anoxic body of water?

“The bottom of the Black Sea,” says Joye.

She points out that when oil and gas come out of the pipe at BP’s well head and rise to the surface, when the gases are burned off, the substance left behind coagulates and sinks to the bottom. What effect will that gunk likely have?

“I don’t think we have a handle at all on the…material that is sedimenting,” says Joye. The UGA research boat has been collecting samples from other boats, but while there is willingness to share information there is a paucity of research resources in general.

At present there is a shortage of “resources, ship availability, people availability,” she says.

And while Joye praises NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for putting so many of its resources into the Gulf, she notes “I have read the reports from NOAA and I have yet to see methane measurements.”

She says one of “the biggest holes [in research on the disaster] is the lack of gas data.”

But more is known about what the gases are doing to the water than is known about what they are doing to the air.

Joye says the amount of methane that’s getting into the air is unknown because only one ship has actually done any ocean-to-air flux measurements. [Joye clarified on June 30 that only one group among those in the Gulf has taken such measurements.

read more here: http://www.sundaypaper.com/Blogs/TheRamageReport/tabid/235/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5479/Default.aspx

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Witness: BP using dispersants so oil hits "beaches for 10 or 15 years" for amortization savings

Love Always
    mudra
    dolphin
    dolphin

Post  dolphin Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm

dolphin, thanks for the sea creature/ high vibration comments, that feels pretty accurate, where did you find the Aaron McCollum reference to that please? I have access to his facebook page but he is SO prolific it is hard to keep up![/quote]

AC, here is the mccollum interview on project camelot: (ref to dolphins/high vibrations toward 2/3 of the interview)

http://projectcamelotproductions.com/interviews/aaron_mccollumII/aaron_mccollumII.html

AC, in his facebook, does he have any other interesting things to say?

RE, Hoax theory: i do believe it's vast quantities of oil(but maybe not as dire as we are made to believe, ...as a possibility, the oil could be coming from the other rigs nearby, which are more controlled?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Demonstration: Finding Oil In Clear Water

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (June 15, 2010) -- In this video below, Ernst Peebles, a biological oceanographer with the University of South Florida's College of Marine Science, conducts a test that shows the presence of oil in water that looks essentially clear and clean.

The samples were collected during one of the research trips conducted aboard the R/V Weatherbird II. The scientists, along with the NOAA, talked about their findings in recent media news conferences.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UzxZspuQ8YA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UzxZspuQ8YA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://usfweb3.usf.edu/absoluteNM/templates/?a=2424&z=123

Dr Ernst Pebble on the water of the Gulf

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/f1k5LL5qXnQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/f1k5LL5qXnQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love Always
    mudra

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Ei Yei Yei - I am feeling August will be the point of no return...

I sense more to come and it will not be hideable then...

The Shift Approaches. High Vibrations Brethren - High Vibrations. We will have to Think Ourselves a better Reality...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Relief wells near completion

I get a general feeling that people are thinking that nothing is happening at the well and that various attempts to stop the flow have failed.

Basically this is not true and people are not actually following the progress. Suggestions of nuking the well are basically just plain stupidity and would cause an even worse environmental disaster in my opinion. I don't know what the strata were composed of in the Soviet 'nuking' (video on other thread) but I believe this to be shale and this could introduce a major instability. In addition to that the Soviet one(s) was on land, and we know nothing of the gas pressures in this Soviet well. Was it as huge as the BP well.

Current relief well progress.

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 0807204ef15d

This is the current state of play. The first well seems to be paused waiting for the second to catch up.

Link to PDF of the above diagram

'Relief' wells are being drilled but these are not, contrary to popular opinion, to relieve the pressure. The purpose of these two wells is to intersect the main 'gusher' at a point just above where it leaves the oil bearing formation. 'Heavy' fluids will be pumped in at this point and then concrete to seal the main shaft. The second is a backup to the first. You need to bear in mind these are about 3.4 miles from the sea surface! Quite some undertaking.

Source page of PDF with details

It is getting close now. The second well is catching up and my guess is that by the end of the month or earlier they will be pumping heavy fluids.

They are also preparing to remove the broken pipe. (The riser)

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 8a69b2d575d6

© BP p.l.c.

Link to full size version.

Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill - Page 30 Externalimage

The reason for the failure of 'top kill' is discussed here

All I can say is that I sincerely hope that the weight of the column of heavy fluid when introduced from the bottom of the well shaft is sufficient to stem the flow.

Source: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread589876/pg1

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:52 pm