tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date

mudra
    mudra

Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date Empty Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date

Post  mudra Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:10 am

An Amazonian tribe has no abstract concept of time, say researchers.

The Amondawa lacks the linguistic structures that relate time and space - as in our idea of, for example, "working through the night".

The study, in Language and Cognition, shows that while the Amondawa recognise events occuring in time, it does not exist as a separate concept.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13452711

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3592763/Brazilian-tribe-has-no-dates-or-ages.html#ixzz1Q5YNJo8P

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date Empty Re: Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date

Post  Sanicle Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:03 am

I really don't get why this is important enough to warrant money spent on scientific studies. They seem to manage alright without it and understand it once it's introduced so why does it matter?
    mudra
    mudra

Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date Empty Re: Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date

Post  mudra Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am

Thank you for your visit on this thread Sanicle .
    What I am finding interesting about this article is that it seems to point out the fact that these people, would be living in the Now .I had heard this before about australian aborigenes when reading the books of Baird T Spalding " Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East " .I found this awesome and to me it made much sense that being in the Now would rule out any sense of linear time as we know it and therefore would translate into language accordingly.When you create every moment anew there is no need for clocks or calendars. Synchronicity replaces expectancy , living the instructions of the inner teacher .

Love from me
    mudra
    Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

Post  Arrowwind Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 pm

This is what white man has typically called "Indian Time"

a state of being in the world common to most of Indigenous peoples thoughout the world, as well as specifically Turtle Island... with the exceptions of Maya, Aztec and Toltec, and maybe a couple others that I am not familar with.

Only those tribes that developed accuracy for measuring the movement of the stars developed concepts of time and date... the world before is much more nebulous and moves on the rythms of the mother earth... not father sky, as we the people of the earth suckle from the breasts of the mother and must know her and honor the connection with every move as she dances around the sun. Minutes and hours are irrelevant. Days are for measuring moon cycles and moon cycles mesured the seasons for planting and harvest and hybernation of winter as well as the solstices and few could say how many years they had lived, nor cared to understand. A full cirlce of seasons in the first year showed you were worthy to live, Adulthood came with puberty. Old age with white hair or wrinkled skin. It was enough of measurement for those who lived close to the earth.

People use to live in the perpetual NOW. Our current culture based on perpetual time counting keeps us fractured and it is a system of control for the PTB to enslave others.
    Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

Post  Arrowwind Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Within these types of cultures time is circular or spiral, not linear.

for an interesting reflection on living without time I recommend the book "The Kin of Atta Are Waiting For You"
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Arrowwind wrote:
    People use to live in the perpetual NOW. Our current culture based on perpetual time counting keeps us fractured and it is a system of control for the PTB to enslave others.[/color]

Amazonian tribe in Brazil, have no concept of time or date Spiraltime

Indeed Arrowind time is the necessary illusion to keep this world in the frozen state it is .
    It defines us in separation while in the Nowness of creation there is only connectedness as One.
    Thank you for your insight .

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:14 pm