tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War!

HigherLove
    HigherLove

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War! Empty World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War!

Post  HigherLove Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:34 pm

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3K3CCa_X7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3K3CCa_X7Q&feature=player_embedded
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War! Empty Re: World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War!

Post  HigherLove Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFp-vaY_Ok&feature=channel

I do not believe that is our race, or our religion, our gender, our height, our looks, our job, our sexual orientation, or any other superficial characteristics that define us as human beings. Trumping all these by a country mile, it is our consciousness -- the most intimate, precious, sapient, unique and individual part of ourselves -- that is really the essence of who and what we are. Indeed, at the deepest level it is what we are -- to the extent that if we are not sovereign over our own consciousness then we cannot in any meaningful sense be sovereign over anything else either. For these and many other reasons I strongly oppose the "war on drugs" which, in my view, has created an engine of oppression and control in society by which the State claims the right, purportedly in our own interests, to regulate our very thoughts and inner experiences, and to trespass the sanctum of our consciousness.

I was recently interviewed by Cara Lavan of Knowdrugs.net on the subject of drugs, the drug war, personal freedom and cognitive liberty. The interview, which is embedded here, captures some of the key points that I feel have been neglected, and must be taken into account, if we are ever to get to grips with these issues in society.
    -- Graham Hancock

See more at: http://www.knowdrugs.net/

"We think there's something missing in the conversation about drugs and we're setting out to change that. Connect to Know Drugs and help bring honesty into the the debate."

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/huFp-vaY_Ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Floyd
    Floyd

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War! Empty Re: World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War!

Post  Floyd Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 am

I think it would be good solution if world leaders started taking drugs.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 am

Floyd wrote:I think it would be good solution if world leaders started taking drugs.

World Leaders Call for Ending Drug War! 852846
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I would give drugs and alcohol to gods and ET's. Then, we could freely dance. lol!
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:19 pm

I'd be careful. Some greys just cannot handle their liquor. :op

Friends don't let ETs Drink Wine and UFO2
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

HigherLove wrote:I'd be careful. Some greys just cannot handle their liquor. :op

Hm.....I have never met greys.....and I am the last person to be interested in that encounter. However, there is a growing number of people who report the horrible experiments done by grays. I would definitely give them all alcohol we have.....as a small compensation for pain and suffering of humans. I would add a triple dose of antidepressant with a double of antianxiety and mixed it with psychotic medication. Then, I would go dancing. Big Grin 2

But it sounds that you have more compassion for greys than for humans. Nutbar
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:51 am

starninja wrote:
    HigherLove wrote:I'd be careful. Some greys just cannot handle their liquor. :op

Hm.....I have never met greys.....and I am the last person to be interested in that encounter. However, there is a growing number of people who report the horrible experiments done by grays. I would definitely give them all alcohol we have.....as a small compensation for pain and suffering of humans. I would add a triple dose of antidepressant with a double of antianxiety and mixed it with psychotic medication. Then, I would go dancing. Big Grin 2

But it sounds that you have more compassion for greys than for humans. Nutbar

Pain and suffering inflicted on humans by the grays...then people deserve no better for their even more cruel treatmnet of animals, especially in labs.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:42 am

Floyd wrote:I think it would be good solution if world leaders started taking drugs.

They already do - Can't You tell...

Musical

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am

Mercuriel wrote:

They already do - Can't You tell...

Musical

lol
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

On 40th Anniversary Of War On Drugs, Cops Decry Obama's Drug Policy

WASHINGTON -- Forty years after President Richard Nixon first declared a war on drugs, the officers who fought in it are calling for a truce.

Former law enforcement officials gathered in the District of Columbia on Tuesday to announce their new report. It details the failures of the government's long battle against illegal drugs and denounces the Obama administration's current drug policies.

"Since President Nixon declared 'war on drugs' four decades ago, this failed policy has led to millions of arrests, a trillion dollars spent and countless lives lost, yet drugs today are more available than ever," said Norm Stamper, former chief of police in Seattle and a speaker for legalization-advocacy group Law nforcement Against Prohibition.

"President Obama's drug officials keep saying they've ended the 'drug war,'" the LEAP member said. "But our report shows that's just not true, and we'll be hand-delivering a copy to the drug czar in hopes he'll be convinced to actually end this war, or at least stop saying he already has."

The officers' announcement came just weeks after the Global Commission on Drugs -- which includes former United Nations chief Kofi Annan and past presidents of Mexico, Brazil and Colombia -- released a report urging a non-criminal approach to world drug policy.

The commission's recommendations were reportedly dismissed by both the Obama administration and the government of Mexico. With the support of the United States, Mexican President Felipe Calderón began a crackdown on drug cartels in 2006.

The intensification of the war on drugs in Mexico has led to nearly 40,000 deaths in turf battles, the LEAP report notes. From 2009 to 2010, drug-related killings in that country increased by 60 percent.

The Obama administration's drug czar Gil Kerlikowske declared a ceasefire over two years ago. But critics say that what he really wanted to end was the war analogy in U.S. drug policy.

With their new report, members of LEAP hoped to take on the administration for "ramping up a drug war it claims it ended." But they had to leave their grievances at the door.

When LEAP officers tried to deliver a copy of their recommendations to the the former Seattle police chief who now heads the Office of Drug Control Policy, Kerlikowske refused to meet with them. Instead, he sent a staffer to the lobby to receive the document.

A request for comment sent late in the day to the Office of Drug Control Policy was not immediately returned. This article will be updated should a response be received.

"It wasn't hard to put together a report showing how the Obama administration continues to wage the failed 'war on drugs' even while pretending to end it," said Stamper. "Although President Obama has talked about respecting states' rights to enact medical marijuana laws, his [Drug Enforcement Administration] has raided state-legal medical marijuana providers at a higher rate than under the Bush administration."

"Similarly, this president has continued a Bush-era budget ratio that heavily favors spending on punishment over providing resources for treatment, even though he has said drug addiction should be handled as a health issue," he added.

In the past week more than 2,500 people have sent letters to Obama through LEAP's website asking the president to transform his administration's rhetoric about ending the war on drugs into policy reality. But if this week's rally is any guide, the odds of an affirmative response from the White House look low.

"The fact that [Kerlikowske] refused to sit down with us and discuss these issues speaks volumes about how much the Obama Administration would rather ignore the failed War on Drugs than do anything to actually address it," said LEAP Executive Director Neill Franklin, a former Baltimore narcotics cop.

"When President Nixon declared the 'drug war' in 1971, we arrested fewer than half a million people for drug offenses that year," he added. "Today, the number has skyrocketed to almost two million drug arrests a year. We jail more of our own citizens than any other country in world does, including those run by the worst dictators and totalitarian regimes. Is this is how President Obama thinks we can 'win the future'?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/15/40-anniversary-war-on-drugs-cops-obama_n_877702.html
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am

IMO - Its way Past Due but then how will They trample the Constitution and Bill of Rights without a "War on >INSERT VILLIAN<" ?

Ever since 1933 when the US went Bankrupt - There has been one War after another so They can remain a Country consolidated under the War Measures Act. For instance - Have You ever noticed that Frill around edge of the Flags that are always behind the President during Speeches or are seen at Official Administration Functions ?

That Frilled Flag is a War Flag and the US has been running under It since '33...

Hence the War on Communism - The War on Drugs - The War on Terrorism - The Iraq War (Both of 'em) - The War in Afganistan - The War in Yemen - Etc., Etc. Ad Infinitum...

Remember what They called It in IRAQ2 ? Shock and Awe right ?

Sounds really close to Shekinah eh ?

Research Shekinah to find out more.

Heh heh

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:42 am