tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits

mudra
    mudra

9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits Empty 9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits

Post  mudra Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits

Essential oils have their place secured in a natural beauty routine: They’re natural, chemical-free alternatives to everything from traditional cosmetics to potentially toxic fragrances. But many can do a lot more than just smell good: While we can’t say with authority the 10 oils highlighted here are miracle cures, throughout history they’ve been credited with treating problems including digestion issues and acne; increasing concentration; killing germs and much more.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-essential-oils-with-huge-health-benefits.html#ixzz1CviYTWZr

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits Empty Re: 9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits

Post  Nenuphar Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 am

Nice one, thank you for this post and link.

The more I learn about essential oils and how to use them, the more intrigued I become. Last Fall, I found out about a woman here in Canada that makes many essential oil blends (for medicinal purposes, but also ones that serve as perfumes). One blend she makes is used for dental care and contains cinnamon, clove (I love the scent of clove!), and tea tree oils, among others. I *love* it and can't bring myself to use commercial toothpaste any more. It is quite expensive, but it's very high quality and I have found it effective. I'm saving my pennies as we speak so I can order some more!
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits Empty Re: 9 Essential Oils with Huge Health Benefits

Post  Mercuriel Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Got a Link to that Organic Toothpaste or any Idea on how others can aquire It.

We need to offer options that are counter to Flouride based Toothpastes. Any information in this arena is immensely valuable and is appreciated...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Got a Link to that Organic Toothpaste or any Idea on how others can aquire It.

We need to offer options that are counter to Flouride based Toothpastes. Any information in this arena is immensely valuable and is appreciated...

Wink

Mercuriel cheers
    Good to see you .

Hugs

I'll open a thread regarding natural treatment of teeth.
    Good idea my brother.

Love for you
    mudra
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 am

Mercuriel wrote:Got a Link to that Organic Toothpaste or any Idea on how others can aquire It.

Wink

Hi Mercuriel :)

I haven't used a fluoride based toothpaste in 3 or 4 years. Initially, I used ones from the health food store but found the stains on my teeth weren't improving. Then I read that most of the "natural" toothpastes have glycerin in them - better than fluoride, but it still forms a film on the teeth that can cause problems.

I did some poking around the internet and found information on "tooth soap". Most of the companies that make it are based in the USA. I tried to find one in Canada that made the tooth soap, but wasn't able to. I contacted a woman in Nova Scotia who makes natural soaps, ran the idea by her, and she sent me a very basic, pure soap (made with saponified oils). I used that for about a year on my teeth, and then my boyfriend started to use it. The stains started to be removed from my teeth, my gums (which had been receding) were less sensitive, and looked healthier. The bar of soap costs only a few dollars and we still have most of it left after a year of use. Talk about economical!

Late last year, I found out about the essential oil blends used for dental care made by Nadine Artemis of Living Libations. I bought the smallest bottle of it to try. Now I wish I'd bought the largest. I love this product. It is on the other end of the cost spectrum when compared to the soap I bought. The essential oil blend is very expensive, but high quality. I am saving my pennies and will be buying more in the next month or two.

So now, I use a combination of the pure soap and the essential oil (called Healthy Gum Drops). I alternate days that I use them. I really like them both, for different reasons. My last three dental check-ups have been excellent. I had my last one two weeks ago and the hygienist said I barely had any plaque build up. Ironically, when I attempted to tell her about the alternate dental care I'd been using for several years, her eyes glazed over. She wasn't particularly interested, I don't think, or maybe she didn't know how to react.

I've written about both The Basics soap and the Healthy Gum Drops essential oil blend on my blog. The articles, including lots of links to both businesses, are here:

Earth Elementals Soaps
    http://truenorthtreasures.blogspot.com/2010/10/earth-elementals-soaps.html

Living Libations
    http://truenorthtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/living-libations-review-and-contest.html

I hope this helps!

Nenuphar
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 am

TY. TY. TY...

Wink

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Here is the thread Mercuriel :

Natural remedies for our teeth

Arrow http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2018-natural-remedies-for-our-teeth

Love Always
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

TY Mudra...

Wink

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am