tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Magnesium Chloride..., Another 'miracle mineral' Magnesium...

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Magnesium Chloride..., Another 'miracle mineral' Magnesium... Empty Magnesium Chloride..., Another 'miracle mineral' Magnesium...

Post  Carol Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 am

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread....nesium+chloride

copied from you know where... http://mistsofavalon.invisionplus.net/?mforum=mistsofavalon&showtopic=375

I read an article in NEXUS magazine and then did some further research...

From here:

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=486

Why We Need Magnesium

Magnesium is essential for the functioning of hundreds of different enzymes in the body, particularly those that produce, transport, store and utilize energy. Magnesium is important for the following metabolic processes:

• Protein synthesis: DNA and RNA in our cells require magnesium for cell growth and development.

• sparking the electrical signals that must travel throughout the miles of nerves in our bodies (including the impulses for our brain, heart and other organs). This also implies energy regulation and distribution throughout the body.

• Normal blood pressure, vascular tone, transmission of nerve-cell signals, and blood flow.

• Functioning of all nerves and muscles.

AND...

Examples of Benefits

· Anxiety and Panic Attacks: Magnesium helps keep adrenal stress hormones under control and maintain normal brain function. In her book, The Miracle of Magnesium (Balantine Books 2003), Dr. Carolyn Dean points out that the rate of depression has gone up every decade since World War II. It's quite possible that this is related to magnesium depletion. Magnesium deficiency is one of the major nutritional reasons for depression. (Also lack of full spectrum salts e.g. Ionic minerals and trace elements) and a lack of essential fatty acids, e.g. hemp or fish oils.

· Asthma: Magnesium helps relax the muscles of the bronchioles in the lungs.

· Constipation: Magnesium helps to keep the bowels regular by maintaining normal bowel-muscle function.

· Diabetes: Magnesium helps insulin transport glucose into the cell. Without this, glucose builds up in tissue causing glycaemic stress and damage.

· Heart Disease: Magnesium deficiency is common in those with heart disease. The mineral is an effective treatment for heart attacks and cardiac arrhythmias.

· Hypertension: Without adequate magnesium, blood vessels constrict and blood pressure increases.

· Insomnia: Magnesium helps regulate melatonin, a hormone that's essential for normal sleep cycles.

· Nerve Problems: Magnesium helps eliminate peripheral nerve disturbances that can lead to migraines, leg and foot cramps, gastrointestinal cramps, and so on.

· Osteoporosis: Without magnesium, calcium may actually contribute to osteoporosis.

· Parkinson’s Disease. There are some cases that have improved considerably with the application of Magnesium Chloride. See here

· Spasms, cramps, muscle contractions: These are often indicative of magnesium deficiency.

-------------

These pretty much tally with the NEXUS article and I've been using it for roughly 2.5 weeks topically (skin) and ~2 times a day added to food or drink... Added to an old LUSH Spray bottle and use it for massage and under arms as a deodrant

I got mine from Russia in the form of Bishofit Salt - typing magnesium Chloride into Ebay will bring it up. It's in a yellow 500ml bottle...

Mine has a Russian label but was considerable cheaper than £24 for 500ml

I had RSI so the muscle / nerve thing was a big point for e but also read a lot about pineal and decalicfying and how Mg is important for that too...

Hope this helps with another piece...
    Anonymous

Magnesium Chloride..., Another 'miracle mineral' Magnesium... Empty Re: Magnesium Chloride..., Another 'miracle mineral' Magnesium...

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:59 am

Raw chocolate, is very high in magnesium and and excellent source of many nutrients http://www.ulimana.com/health-benefits-of-chocolate-raw-cacao.html

Only problem is that it has to be raw!

The easiest way to have it is by mixing a good spoonfull of raw cacao powder with water and adding some hot (not boiling) water. I sweetened it with raw agave syrup.

I find this much more effective for magnesium than the magnesium pills

Love

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 am