tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain

mudra
    mudra

Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain Empty Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain

Post  mudra Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:46 am

.Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain 2e31c310

. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and other neurodegenerative diseases are thought to be caused by nerve cell death, caused by the the accumulation of a amyloid proteins.

The build-up of the proteins triggers a toxic inflammatory response that eventually leads to brain cell death.

There are no drugs that significantly inhibit this process.

Enter cannabis, which is now legal for medicinal purposes in 36 states.

A 2016 study found cannabinoids, such as THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol), stimulate the removal of the beta amyloid protein, block the inflammatory response caused by the protein, and therefore protect against nerve cell death.

The finding supports previous studies that found cannabinoids to be effective against neurodegenerative disease.

“Although other studies have offered evidence that cannabinoids might be neuroprotective against the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, we believe our study is the first to demonstrate that cannabinoids affect both inflammation and amyloid beta accumulation in nerve cells,” says one of researchers, David Schubert from the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in California.

https://returntonow.net/2020/12/05/study-thc-removes-toxic-protein-that-causes-alzheimers/?fbclid=IwAR1lYaHl5ZyEsUJNxPTbfxttJzrYGkZdisHRyRaIt49j8QLvk0HaMu_ksmI

Link to the 2016 study:https://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612
    Seashore
    Seashore

Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain Empty Re: Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain

Post  Seashore Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:44 am

I thought Alzheimer’s is caused by aluminum.

Question

mudra
    mudra

Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain Empty Re: Study: THC removes the toxic protein that causes Alzheimer in the brain

Post  mudra Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:11 am

One does not prevent the other I would imagine Seahore

Here is the link to the actual study that is mentioned:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:27 am

mudra wrote:
    One does not prevent the other I would imagine  Seahore

I'm just thinking that if it's true that aluminum is the cause, that the solution would not be a drug, but would be to remove the aluminum from the body.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:06 am

I understand your point of view.
    The way I would go about it is doing a heavy metals detox first
    and see if this handles it.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am